Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

You are not alone. I cried and screamed doing it and I definately cried after I finished. For me, it was like I made it through when I didn't believe that I would.
Fungirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #17  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiad View Post
Someone once said on here - it was their exercise mantra - "you can complain, you can scream, you can cry, you can puke - but you CANNOT give up" and I've made that my exercise mantra ever since.
I do believe that's a Jillian Michaels quote!!! And yes it's sooooo true. Thanks for reminding me of this one!! I love it!!!!!
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #18  

I cried when doing my Body Step because it was so hard but i managed to do it*literally gasping for air* situation hhehhe
sweetchic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:00 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

I started doing Shaun T's INSANITY a few days ago. Seconds after the workout was over I was crying...I mean not like sobbing but I def shed a few tears. I'm pretty sure it was from the feeling of accomplishment and complete exhaustion! It's good though cause it's like a release...
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I've cried before, most recently while doing Pilates. I don't cry because I want to give up or I'm unhappy. It's because I get overwhelmed with emotions. It's usually because I'm proud or because the physical strain taps into my psyche - it's an emotional release sometimes and i'm glad it happens from time to time.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #21  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

I have cried plenty while working out. Mainly out of frustration and feeling like I am going to die. Working out while fat is not easy and I get so mad at myself that the tears come.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #22  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

When I first got P90x {a year ago now have done 3 rounds of doubles am now doing a doubles with .Insanity{second round} and Chaalene} I got to the YOGA day which is 1 and 1/2 hours I had not done much yoga and thought it was for wimps started CRYING HARD thinking oh my GAWD I am not going to be able to do this!!!! By the way that became one of my favorite p90x workouts!!!
30 day shred as what gave me the courage and STRENGTH to know that I COULD push my self and work hard and WANT to SOOOOOOO for my 57 birthday i asked for P90x............THE REST is history I have change into a JOCK a SEXY OLDER ONE!!!!
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #23  
on a journey

i cried just last friday. i was feeling overwhelmed and like a failure when i was in an step aerobics class.

i've now rectified the situation so as to take some of the stress off of myself. i've chosen not to use the step and just to do the movements on the floor. It takes some of the pressure off my legs and knees. i'll still be doing the movements and working up a good sweat, just not with a step in front of me.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I cry during yoga too. I almost cried when I watched another woman in class doing forearm balance because it was her first time and she looked so graceful and I can't do it yet. They were happy tears.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #25  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Not in the way I think you meant when you asked the question, but yes, I cried during yoga. Constantly, for three months, as long as the class lasted. It happened during corpse pose, at the end. The teacher would talk us through that part, telling us to imagine ourselves on the beach or in some other comforting place. The tears ran sideways into my hair & sometimes into my ears. My father was dying of cancer at that point. When I had that empty contemplative space to let loose in, I would cry & cry.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:48 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I'm sure I've farted, and puked, but I don't remember ever crying--funny-- because it sounds like something I'd do....

But tonight, I felt just plain weird after a forty-minute run-- just beyond exhausted and like the gym lights had suddenly gotten brighter.

I don't really enjoy being that exhausted.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Not in the way I think you meant when you asked the question, but yes, I cried during yoga. Constantly, for three months, as long as the class lasted. It happened during corpse pose, at the end. The teacher would talk us through that part, telling us to imagine ourselves on the beach or in some other comforting place. The tears ran sideways into my hair & sometimes into my ears. My father was dying of cancer at that point. When I had that empty contemplative space to let loose in, I would cry & cry.
I feel your pain and I'm truly sorry. It's so hard to watch a parent during a decline. I personally bottled up the pain, so perhaps, it was a blessing in disguise for you that you went through those emotional exercises (physically and mentally). I truly wish you the best.
redsox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #28  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Thanks so much, redsox33. I have to say that during that time, exercise to me was a form of exorcism. If I hadn't had it, I don't know how I would have worked off the stress. Not just crying during corpse pose in yoga class, but also the hard bouts of cardio, which also helped.

No, actually, the truth is, I really do know how I would have worked off the stress. I would have eaten insane amounts of ice cream & other treats & gained 10 pounds, as my mother did. (She might have gained more., but she also skipped regular, healthy meals until I moved back home with my parents to help with my father's care & put myself in charge of cooking healthy meals for her & for me. My father could not eat anymore. He had stomach cancer.)

Anyway, to bring this thread back from a near-hijack. I continue to believe exercise REALLY IS a form of exorcism. Thus our tears & screams & etc. It helps get all the bad stuff out. It can be a form of physical self-expression, especially if we don't let that stuff out in other ways.

Last edited by saef; 04-30-2010 at 10:51 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Yes, I consider physical exercise to be a form of therapy.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:42 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Thanks so much, redsox33. I have to say that during that time, exercise to me was a form of exorcism. If I hadn't had it, I don't know how I would have worked off the stress. Not just crying during corpse pose in yoga class, but also the hard bouts of cardio, which also helped.

No, actually, the truth is, I really do know how I would have worked off the stress. I would have eaten insane amounts of ice cream & other treats & gained 10 pounds, as my mother did. (She might have gained more., but she also skipped regular, healthy meals until I moved back home with my parents to help with my father's care & put myself in charge of cooking healthy meals for her & for me. My father could not eat anymore. He had stomach cancer.)

Anyway, to bring this thread back from a near-hijack. I continue to believe exercise REALLY IS a form of exorcism. Thus our tears & screams & etc. It helps get all the bad stuff out. It can be a form of physical self-expression, especially if we don't let that stuff out in other ways.
Thank you for sharing your story. I wish I had known you two years ago to save my self from the self destruction of weight gain. Thank you again.
redsox33 is offline   Reply With Quote