Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-26-2008, 01:06 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 237/222/140

Height: 5'2''

I ended up just running the 2miles straight instead of taking the break for w6d2. I was in a good groove and I know from here on out there is not more walking in the training. It went well. I think I am going to try to run out side for the 2.25 run for w6d3.

congrats Julie for completing w6

Shaanon- how fast are you running, If you are struggling at the speed you are at, try slowing down.

Thanks for the feedback re:diet. I've done weight watchers in the past ( a few times) and at one point had lost 25lbs. I'm thinking about going back- it is a good plan.
Pamela40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #92  
Domestic Engineer

Hi everyone- I'd like to join you guys! I've completed C25K 2 times before, but for some reason stop running after getting through the 9 weeks- So counter-productive For some reason, I need the structure of the program and when left on my own to keep running, I have a hard time. SO I'm hoping this third time's a charm! I still need to do W1D3 today- I've had an "off day" diet-wise and need to digest a bit of pizza, but I know it will feel good to get some exercise in!
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #93  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Emily, this is my second time starting also. I'm glad I finally got back on track, though!

W1D3 done today, moving on to Week 2 on Monday.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #94  
Domestic Engineer

Kestrel- awesome- we are on the same day!

Completed week 1, I will start week 2 on Tuesday.

Last edited by jelynn; 09-29-2008 at 01:07 AM.
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #95  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Week 3 day 4 (AKA day 1 #2) for me today. I don't like week 3. With the podcasts which I'm using, it ends up only being like 15 minutes of actual exercise - not enough! Oh well, I guess it gives my tendons time to get stronger.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:05 AM   #96  

Height: 5'6.5

I am going to try this! Day one, week one!

Thanks ladies!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

paperclippy - yeah, that was weird. But it will change.

JamieJo - Welcome!

I just did Week 7, Day 1. I thought I would never make it to this point. It was very tiring, but the second half actually went better than the first, and my knee didn't even hurt. I'm so excited.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #98  

Holy crap - 2.5 miles without stopping? Outside or on a treadmil? What speed were you going?

WOW WOW WOW - Congrats!!!!! I don't know if I'll make it THAT far!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieJo View Post
Holy crap - 2.5 miles without stopping? Outside or on a treadmil? What speed were you going?

WOW WOW WOW - Congrats!!!!! I don't know if I'll make it THAT far!!!
Thanks! It is outside. However, while it IS 25 minutes, it isn't 2.5 miles. They apparently assume that beginner runners are running a 10-minute mile, which is nuts. I think I'm doing about a 12:30 mile maybe. Haven't formally timed it. I ran 35 minutes today (5m warmup, 25m run, 5m cooldown), and went about 2.5 miles total, maybe a little more, including the walking, which is more than half a mile by itself.

You'll get there!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:19 AM   #100  

I joined this site just so I could participate in the c25k!!! This will be my first attempt, and I am hoping to loose pounds/inches and I am also hoping *crosses fingers* to grow fond of running. My ultimate goal is to run 1.5 miles in 15 minutes.... I want to join the navy

so this will be week one, day one for me...

Last edited by 1982; 09-30-2008 at 02:20 AM.
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:12 AM   #101  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

I have been hearing of people doing this C25K thing for a couple of years now on another site I use and I have always had a mental block about running. "I dont do running!" is what I always said - hellish memories of forced cross-country runs through mud and snow at school, being passed by all the fitter girls, laughed at by all the boys and sneered at by the games teachers for always coming in last and panting, had put me off running for life!!

However, I have been exercising in other ways, cycling, walking and doing my dvd so I think I am averagely fit.

But I made a decision over the weekend that, now I am at a reasonable size, I felt I could start running without people laughing at me.

So, yesterday, I did W1D1 of the C25K! I actually did it. And it wasn't too bad, although I can feel it today. I almost didn't do it as the weather was cold and windy, after three weeks of glorious Indian summer. But I had promised my 7 y-o dd that she could come with me on her bike and she came home from school all excited, so I bundled the baby into the stroller (I knew there was a reason other than the coolness factor that I bought a jogging stroller!) and off we went.

I was going to go down the clifftop path, but it was too exposed and windy, so we went round the houses instead as the building sheltered us from the wind somewhat.

The clifftop path is better though as you can just keep going as long as you need to then turn round and come back when you get halfway through the program - it is where we cycle too as there is a cycle path running alongside the walking path.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:21 AM   #102  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Well done on starting, 1982 and Robsia! I've just done Week 2 Day 1, and it was a bit of a killer. I couldn't understand because W1 was pretty easy, and then I realised it was 4pm and I hadn't drunk ANY water! That's right, absolutely none. Pretty slack, so I was probably dehydrated. I've made up for it since I got home, and vowed and declared never to do that again.

So we'll see what Day 2 brings - hopefully it will be a whole lot easier.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 AM   #103  

well ladies - I made it through week one day one...and it was pretty easy. I think I am going to try week 2 day one on Wed.

I just can't imagine being up to week 7! But, I like many of you, do NOT like running so hopefully this will make me like it!

Good luck ladies!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:22 AM   #104  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Another restarter here, this is attempt number four, I think. Maybe number five. Somewhere in there. I usually get to about week three, and then suddenly am too busy or get sick or something. I think I'm self-sabotaging.

Anyway, w1d1 was last night. My gym is only open late Mon-Thurs, and my schedule necessitates a late-night workout, so I can't take a rest day in between each day of running. So I'm running again tonight, and Thursday. I could run outside I guess, but I don't live in a very good neighborhood for that and also I'm terribly self-conscious about the fact that I'm not really *running* the whole time. But last night was good, I'm using Ullrey's podcasts to keep track of the time for me and I really liked the music on it. I can tell I've done this before - the first time ever that I tried C25K I was panting by halfway through w1d1. Last night, I kept pushing the speed on the running sections higher just to challenge myself. It felt...almost easy. I'm sure that'll change as I progress, but it was nice to realize, hey, I'm not the tub o' lazy I thought I was. I'm no athlete, for sure, but still.

Robsia, like you, I have traumatic memories of high-school gym and the running we were forced to do. I'm...how shall we say...generously endowed (think F-cups) and was almost at that size by the time I was 16. But nobody had ever introduced me to good running bras back then, so I was stuck trying to run in my everyday bras during gym, and getting laughed at and teased mercilessly because I bounced all over the place. "Careful there, you might knock yourself out with those!" So after high school, I just figured I wasn't one of "those types" - ie, runners. But I've always wanted to be, so I'm trying it again. This time, though, I've got Enell to back me and my girls up. It's much better that way.

Oh. One last thing. Does anyone have advice on preemptively staving off shin splints? I tend to get those by around week 3, it's one of the things that has stopped me before.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #105  

I'm so excited for all the new people joining!