Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Shannon-Congrats to your DH! Thanks the setup is great! I really enjoy it because it is with my friends so if I do something that makes me look stupid, I dont care, they are my friends we have a laugh and carry on!! And it is another thing that holds me accountable for my exercise!

Today I did a walk/jog for 30 mins on the treadmill. I did some leg exercises and rode the bike for a 10 min cool down.

Have a great Tuesday night!

AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:45 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Yes, Shannon, congrats to DH! I'm sure you'll still get your workouts in!

Angel and Shannon - good job to both of you on working out. I'm still ashamed at how little I'm doing. I am really in need of a break from hockey... we still have another MONTH to go! Whew.

Alright, gotta go watch the debate...
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #168  

Hey ladies! Today I walked outside for 30 mins. It was such a gourgeous day here. And tonight I did some weight training. I went in the basement and used my SO's setup!

Have a great Wednesday night everyone!!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #169  
Workin' It

Hey ladies -
Claire, don't worry, you'll get back in the swing once hockey settles down, I have no doubt. Trying to pack too much in before then would just wear you out and run the risk of getting you sick again. You have to work hard to stay healthy when surrounded by kids with germs as I remember! I just glanced back and saw where you were asking about my DHs uncle - I don't know if he will qualify for any kind of intervention or not. They said he was likely to just wind down, get more and more out of breath as fluid built up, as long as they could get in and drain it he will likely have at least a year, if he doesn't do anything crazy. Of course, today he left for a hunting trip to Colorado - said it had been planned for months and he went every year, so as long as he could stand he was going to go on the trip. We'll see how he is when he comes back... I had to watch the debate too last night... (not talking about it, just acknowledging that I watched it... )

Angel - you are doing great with the walking and the weights! You go girl!

I didn't exercise yesterday, had a physical yesterday morning and DSS last night,. I did do 50 minutes of weider (legs), 30 minutes of kickboxing and 30 minutes of slow steady cardio today. Tomorrow was going to be my rest day, but since i took yesterday tomorrow will be intense cardio. I'm leaving on Monday to go on vacation for a week with my family, and while the condo has a health club I'm not holding a lot of hope at making it there every day. Plus, our dinners out always involve desserts... My first test of the new, healthier eating Shan.

Things were so much better here the last few days with the test out of the way...

Have a great night everyone!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #170  

Hey everyone!!

Shannon- Have a great trip!! I am sure that you will do just fine!!

Today I did some weight lifting for 45 mins and a 10 min jog on the treadmill. I would have liked to go a bit longer but I was pressed for time! Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day but I didnt do anything Thursday so I think that I will head to the garage for some good cardio!!

Have a great weekend ladies!!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #171  
Workin' It

Thanks Angel! I'm looking forward to the downtime...

I did do cardio on the elliptical on Thursday, actually tried HIIT, and think I did it right this time - I found that 'one more step and I'm going to fall over' point... 30 mins of that and I was worn out!
Today I did 55 minutes of Weider: back, chest & shoulder, 30 mins of kickboxing (accidental HIIT again...), 35 minutes of leisurely cooldown on stationary bike.
We have DSS this weekend, so we will see what happens there...
Good weekend all!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #172  

Wow it has been a while since anyone posted!!

Well I have been exercising but not as much as I know I should be. So I bought "Winning By Losing" By Jillian Micheals and am following her circuit workouts. Today I did a 35 min circuit and am hoping, no I am going to get in a 45 min walk since it is so nice outside!!

Hope everyone is doing great!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #173  

Default Knee replacement in future.............

I have a knee replacement in the future......don't know exactly when, I'm just putting it off as long as I can. I would like to lose weight fast, but I don't know if I can. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Also, it causes a problem for me with exercise. All I have at home is a recumbant bike and I've been getting on that quite a bit. Swimming is out of the question. It's too expensive, and refuse to let anyone see my body in that way. I don't even let my daughter see my body that well.

Any suggestions on what other kinds of exercises I could do that aren't weight-bearing? I could do a little weight training, but don't know where to start on that......
Thanks,
Beth
beth1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #174  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

i recently discovered this thread ---uh --- like today-- anyway i too do all of my working out at home as its hard to workout outside with a baby ---anyway=== i've ;been doing the 30 day shred and i'm on like whatever day my cursor says at the moment===
and i recently ordered jillian's "winning by losing"---angelmae--- how is that going for you --- i'd be interested to know how others like that workout ===

i also have all of the biggest loser workouts _--1 &2 and the cardio and power sculpt ones--- i havent used them yet but i have checked them out through the library before i purchased them so i know i'll like them when i start working out to them
---lets see i also have billy blanks tae bo elite boot camp set and leslie sansones' four fast miles and an elliptical --a stepper ---and some hand weights

so my thing right now is just figuring out a workout pattern that i can stick to--suggestions would be great --- oh and i've really only gotten back into working out within the past month

Last edited by princess2323; 10-22-2008 at 03:37 PM.
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:47 PM   #175  

Princess2323-I really enjoyed reading the book and the two circuits that I completed really kicked my butt. I checked my HRM at one point and it said that my HR was 215. So I had to take it back just a notch but I really like how she sets the circuits up!
I have The Biggest Loser 2 workout DVD too and that really can kick your butt to. I have a 2 yr old so I know it can be hard to find workout time, but I usually do it while my little guy takes a nap. I tried for a while to get up earlier and do it in the morning but I am just not a morning person and I figured as long as I am getting in a workout it really dosent matter what time I do it! Good luck!

Old 10-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #176  
Workin' It

Wow, I feel like I've been gone forever...

I made it through my week of vacation at the same weight I was when I left... Yay! I did exercise all but two days of vacation - one day while I was there and the day we drove back. I've exercised all but today since I got back home, so I'm trying hard to keep on track! I'm not going to make my goal for October, but part of that is because I've tried shorter HIIT routines the last couple of weeks so where I would have done an hour+ those days I've done 30-40 minutes. And I've taken a couple of extra days off...

How is everyone else doing? How is your foot doing Angel?

Welcome Beth & Princess!
Old 10-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #177  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

thanx --shannon

lets see i'm about to start level 3 of the 30 day shred
and i started the biggest loser the workout 1 -- that was great i loved the workout and was surprised at how quickly the time flew by === didnt finish the cool down since baby threw a big fit but did do the low impact cardio workout on it so hoping to get day 2 done tonight---
my knee has been acting up since yesterday-- but feels a lot better today--- maybe just need to take it easier on the knees with these workouts---
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:39 PM   #178  

Shannon-The foot is much, much better. I am glad to be able to walk again!!

Today I did a 45 min Circuit!! Thats it for formal exercise but I did get around to cleaning the car today and I worked up a sweat so I guess that might count too!!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies,

Sounds like all of YOU are doing well... even great! Lots of exercise and even getting through vacations without gaining (yay, Shannon!)

I am still in the hockey rut, but I only have one week left, and I have recommitted to doing better with food and exercise. I did long walks over the weekend, and tonight I'll do some floor work - pushups, etc.

I plan to be back here posting full swing in about a week... when I reclaim some time for ME. Can't wait.

Keep up all the workouts girls... you're my inspiration!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #180  
Workin' It

Princess - you are rocking along with the 30 day shred! Woo hoo! I have to admit I've looked at some of those BL & shred videos on 'On Demand' and haven't made it past the intro of any of them... You go! And, that is a beautiful baby in your avatar!

Angel -cleaning the car sounds good to me! Glad your foot is better...

Hey there Claire! So almost done with hockey? That will be a nice break for you, I know! I'm excited that you got time in for walking this weekend with all of that going on!

I posted last on Friday, which I took as an exercise free day... I did do 30 min HIIT on the elliptical Saturday, 30 minute kickboxing/30 minute elliptical Sunday, 10 min ab workout & 45 min elliptical today - sort of HIIT, sort of not - kept at it for all 45 minutes when I realized my heart rate wasn't going where i wanted it.. Tomorrow AM the vision is 35 minute Weider, 30 min cardio. We'll see how that works out!