Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-15-2007, 06:54 AM   #16  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikaia View Post
Wait...so we're supposed to see a "silver lining" to having saggy boobs before the age of 25?
Yeah - my silver lining is: Improved health, a smaller waist, bum, hips, thighs, bigger smile stronger heart, stronger immune system, improved self-esteem, more energy, more positive outlook on life, bigger muscles, improved body image, imrpoved self-esteem (oh, wait, I said that...)

So you see, that until you get here that you never can tell whether your saggy boobs will bother you or not. Or even whether they WILL sag or not, there is no reason to say that they definitely will, or that they definitely won't sag. I think when you have age on your side then your skin is generally more elastic (just from my experience).

Also if you want to prevent as much sagging as possible, invest in a great sports bra right now. Wear it every time you want or even think about wanting to exercise and you'll reduce the damage you do to those ligaments.

So yeah, actually there is a silver lining to being young and having saggy boobs!!! I still love them, they still look great in my wonderbra, they still look pretty great when I'm nekkid, cos they're natural and they're not "implant perky". The only thing I can't do is go braless - but then I wouldn't want to since I'm a 34DD and would be helping them sag even more!!!!

So I think, what most people are trying to say is, don't let worries about what *might* happen at the end of the journey deter you from taking the first step. And like Nikaia says, you can have all the invasive reconstructive surgery you wish for when you're finished
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #17  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Wait...so we're supposed to see a "silver lining" to having saggy boobs before the age of 25? Honestly, guys, she's got her worries. They're perfectly valid worries. Why this push to disregard her concerns and tell her to "just be happy you're losing weight"? That's not all there is to this journey, and I'm sure everyone here knows that.
No one said to see a "silver lining". But there's a saying "No use crying over spilt milk." Are crying over saggy breasts going to firm them up? The point is to not focus too much on it to the detriment of your other goals. If it happens, there's nothing can be done. But it's still not a valid reason to not lose the weight. There are sooooo many more reasons why the weight loss is more important than loose skin or saggy breasts.

Quote:
No one...except ourselves. And I don't know about you, but if I'm not comfortable in my own body - and being heavy isn't the only thing that will do that to me - I don't care what anyone else thinks about it, good bad or otherwise. Perhaps that's really what May is worrying about, not just other people seeing the sag/not seeing the sag in a bathing suit or whatever.
If you're not comfortable with saggy breasts though, you're more likely to be even more uncomfortable with obesity. It sticks out like a sore thumb, whereas we can work with the other. Not the happiest of thoughts, but better than thinking that losing weight isn't worth it if I'm gonna end up with sag though. It's the alternative I wouldn't want to contemplate.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:17 AM   #18  

Hold on, I never said I don't wanna lose weight cause I might have saggy breasts, I was only wondering if there are excersises to prevent this. There are tons of reasons why I wanna lose weight but it's not the number I care about, it's how I look and wanting to feel confident.
May1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:28 AM   #19  
nerd on a mission

Height: 5'6

I swear I have lost the majority of my weight in the boobal region.. they're not really saggy, though. I've gone from a 44 DD to a barely 36C, and they just look weird to me. like my nipples have reshaped or something. I had the same worries about sagging, and yeah, there are exercises that will firm them/lift them slightly.

I can tell you right now that my stomach, even though I work my abs to death, will be an absolute nightmare of excess skin. but that's okay, because I'm doing this for my health and not my looks. May1, I don't know you, but I can certainly identify with your concerns! I wish I had started this when I was 18. my best advice to you is to drop the weight first, see how your body reacts, and weigh your options as you get closer to your goal. good luck!
eightbitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #20  

Hey, thanks for understanding, I see I wanna lose about the same amount of weight as you. But my plan was kind of excersising a whole lot I like it plus it keeps me busy not to think about food. Because I heard and read many times that it will reduce the chance of having excess skin, my friend who studied nuitrition said it won't be that much of a problem because I'm still young and only want to lose 24kg. Even though I'm doing this for my health, fitting into an nice pair of jeans and looking good come are the main reason I'm doing this.
May1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

May 1, you can definitely use weight lifting to make your breasts look and feel REALLY firm! I've been lifting since about 1993 (I use 35 pound dumbells in each hand to do my chest presses). While it is totally accurate that the breast tissue starts to sag with age and for me mainly after my pregnancy - not at all sure about sagging from being overweight as I just gained recently - the muscle goes quite high so it looks like there is breast tissue up there when really its muscle, and when you feel the boob it feels so much more firm because there's muscle there underneath the breast tissue and on the top part of the breast. When I've been working out (I tend to stop each year for about 3 - 4 months) my muscles underneath are huge but I look totally feminine cuz of the fat and tissue on top (I wear a D cup), it really makes a curvy girl look way curvier but in a toned way (though it probably makes a thin girl look more bony and masculine). The muscle actually goes inside the bra like breast tissue and makes your boob look bigger that way too. I swear by it! Good for you for getting in shape Great question!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:38 PM   #22  
*confetti*

S/C/G: 270.9/176.1/165

Height: 5'6"

My boobs were perkier and better looking after losing the weight. I suppose that the extra fat was making them saggy. I don't strength train or anything like that although it never hurts to do so.

Another thing that will help is to go to a store and get measured to determine your correct bra size. The wrong sized bra will make even the perkiest boobs look horrible.
Zorak is offline   Reply With Quote