Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 01:30 PM   #61  

I just received my EPH200 pills in the mail today.... I just ordered them Monday and its only Saturday so it didnt talk long at all for them to get here... Anyways, ill start taking them on Tuesday because it is a holiday weekend and it's no use starting them right now. The change will start Tuesday. Ill let everyone know how its going throughout the pill taking weeks.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:56 AM   #62  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Thumbs down Down with Diet pills

I'm with the posters who claim this pill is trash. It is trash. I've read a few scientific papers that have all tried to address the obesity issue...to no avail. Everything they've found has exceptions because everyone is different. The one thing that does work for everybody, no matter what size, color, height or sex is exercising and eating healthy (foods and portions). You have to wait for the weight to drop - it's not instantaneous. If it took you 10+ years to gain that weight, it doesn't make sense that in 2 weeks you can take it all off. That's crap. The fat was put away for storage because there was too much energy (food) coming in. You'll have to reduce your caloric intake (to a safe level) to force your body to use your fat storages. Exercise is one way to boost fat storage usage. THAT'S the way to go: eat right + exercise = weight loss. Note that diet pills do not factor in this equation.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:58 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 250/218/140

Talking Hello EVERYONE!!!

I just want to start off by saying HELLO to everyone!!! I am glad that I found a site where women who are trying to lose weight can get together and inspire, and inform each other as well as have some healthy discussions!!

The first thing I wanted to say(and forgive me for being off topic I will return to it) that has been important to me in my life was my own since of self confidence and self worth (Now if this topic has already been discussed then please excuse me). IMO it is important that before beginning any regiment that will alter a person physically they should be sure they are doing it to make themselves MORE beautiful. It has been my experience that people who are overweight are taught either directly or indirectly by society not to love themselves. This is not true and urge any person who is trying to physically alter themeselves in ANY way to make sure that they are doing it for self improvement and not for self validation. Self worth, self love, and good self esteem have to some from within.

As I digress I agree with both sides of the argument. I do totally agree IMO that the only way to lose weight and MAINTAIN it is to have a healthy lifestyle (that just doesn't entail eating right and exercise but also other factors such as sleep, etc,.) but not everyone is as motivated as the next person. So in my opinion the best course of action is to do what is advised before a person starts a weightloss plan is to consult a reputable physician. Most of the time She/He will have a better way to lose weight and will be able to refer you to a nutritionist who, if you insist on taking a diet pill, may be able to recommend a supplement that has less potential risk for side effects and one that contains more healthful ingredients.

I hope that all the women choosing to take this supplement have psositive results with no negative consequences Good luck

***Just as a side note I was having a lot of trouble losing weight then I talked to my doctor whom referred me to my nutritionist. She advised me to take a vitamin supplement (in ADDITION to maintaining a healthy lifestyle) and that was my "Magic Pill" . She found that I naturally did not absorb certain vitamins and minerals that aid the weight loss process properly so the extra dose of those vitamins and minerals helped me so much not just to lose weight but to feel better and have more energy!! ***
Old 07-23-2006, 04:38 PM   #64  

Height: 5'7"

I was reading what these ladies had to say about the product, and the comments do sound discouraging. I do agree to a certain extent that they do work, but it all depends on the person that is taking them. They are all not going to work on everyone. I know people say it is a waste of time to try them because it is like a lottery process, you have to try numerous amount of times with different products to see what works for you. However, no one has the money to try that, which is something I can understand and relate. I know people who have even down the weight loss surgeries and end up putting the weight back on because of genetics.

I have recently decided to try this product to see if it would help me out. I like to read comments about product before I buy them, so that is why I am really here. I want to here personal comments as well as professional. And in my own little research, I found some interesting info about this product. I went to this one site that was a review from a well known personal trainer, success coach, nutrition consultant, health club manager, publisher and freelance writer. You may have seen it or not. I saw the weight lost supplement reviews, and I feel that they cannot be counted on becuase one year you have one product on the top of the list then another year, it is on the bottom from someone else who rated them.

Me, myself, do not have a real problem when it comes to losing weight. If I go on an extreme diet, I do take a lot off, or if I go through some straneous excerising, I do take off, but I cannot seem to keep it off. I was hoping that this product will help me lose and keep it off. If it doesnt work, well then, that is just my lose. If I do lose weight, I will be sure to post it.

Also, after reading what you all have to say about the delivery time, it helped me understand how these people are when it comes to delivery, so I will stay on their back from day 1. lol.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:43 AM   #65  

i took xenadrine rfa 1 and they worked , but they quit making them because they had ephedra in them. i would also like to say i think it is far more unhealthy to be overweight then to take diet pills for a short period of time to help yourself feel motivated. Sometime people need the extra push
Old 08-02-2006, 11:50 AM   #66  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

It is my opinion that it is more unhealthy to take medication that you don't know the effects of which could cause stroke, heart attack, damaged internal organs, etc than to be overweight. If you want motivation from a pill, I too could sell you a placebo pill for 39.95.

I have yet to meet anyone who has lost weight and kept it off from a diet pill. I have met people who have lost weight and kept it off from diet and exercise though. Weight loss takes work and maintaining that weight loss takes work. The problem with the common weight loss is that all you need to do is take a pill, do a little exercise, go on a diet and you will lose weight. Once you have lost the weight, you can go back to what you were doing before the weight loss. The hard truth is in order to lose weight and maintain that weight loss, you need to change your habits both dietary and physical activity.

There is only one exception that I have read to this rule and that is if you have a baby. If you have a baby, you gain weight due to the baby. If you are able to lose the weight in a certain period of time, then go back to the habits you had before the baby, then you should be fine. I personally have no experience in that but I read an article not too long about the reasons why you should work dilligently to lose weight after having a baby or else your body will consider that weight permanent.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:26 AM   #67  
ncs

Default it works

hey everyone, i have tried eph200 and it worked for me, however, you MUST combine it with excercise
Old 10-27-2006, 09:42 PM   #68  
Fat and Unhappy in Alaska

S/C/G: 215/215/140

Height: 5'5

Thumbs down

I made the snap decision of ordering these online, then I remembered these forums and decided to see if anyone had talked about these. Low and behold, I found this thread. I am similar to the above poster, who stated she has NO energy. I work 8-12 hours a day, 6 days a week, I come home and rarely feel up to cooking dinner. Most nights I heat up junk food (anything 30 mins or less), however when I do cook, it's generally healthy. (I use a George Foreman Grill to cook chicken, steak or porkchops since it's fast and drains a good chunk of grease/fat off) I have tried to take CortiSlim, go on diets, bought TurboJam to work out to (that lasted 2 days!) and numerous other attempts (such as walking every day or so) and can't get motivated anymore. I'm soo tired I don't want to do anything but sit in front of the computer or watch a movie. Luckily I don't snack much or eat a lot, but I just don't move enough to offset those splurge days of McDonalds or frozen pizza. I hope they DON'T send me these pills, as I've never successfully been able to take pills (just plain forget about em) Luckily I paid with a visa, so I have recourse. Since no one has said "yes these work" even a bit, it's just another one to add to the list....
Old 10-28-2006, 11:01 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 247/247/160-170

Height: 5'7

I have tried it myself and I was only on them for a week and I started to get chest pains (heart) and it scared me too much to keep taking them.

It took a couple of months for me to actually get the pills and by that time it was too late for me to return and get a refund. It was my first time with trying a supplement and it was a good one and I don't think I would ever try any again. I would be too scared that something might happen since I got the reaction from these ones.
Closed Thread