Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 04:47 PM   #16  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Heather, What are the ingredients? Since we can't find them anywhere, I'm quite curious.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:58 PM   #17  

Default Eph200

Hello,
I was just checking to see if anyone had recieved EPH200 yet. I really want to try it but I am having problems with the order. I mailed the company a money order over two months ago and I never recieved the product. I called them and they said that they never recieved my money order. I stoped payment and sent them a new money order two weeks ago and they once again said that they have not recieved my money order. I only live 4 hours away from San Francisco so the mail would get to them in less than two days. I have checked the address many times and I have the correct address. I was just checking to see if anyone has had any problems like this. I really would like my order.
Thanks
Old 03-22-2006, 05:41 PM   #18  
Just Me

I found a website that listed the ingredients of EPH200, it appears to be a standard diet pill mixing stimulants and appetite suppresants. From what I can tell all the ingredients can be found in other diet pills or in other forms. The interesting ones I think are white willow bark which is a pain reliever and gymnema sylvestre which has been studied as a possibility to lower blood sugar levels in diabetics. I guess making you feel good and then maybe showing positive results in your sugar levels if you are a diabetic will make you believe it works:

* Vitamin D - standard vitamin, needed for absorption of calcium, I believe
* Calcium - standard vitamin
* Chromium - standard diet pill ingredient, unproven
* Citrus Aurantium - source of synephedrine, common in diet pills
* Green Tea - source of caffeine, common in diet pills
* South African Hoodia Gordonii - no diet pill is proven to have this but a lot claim to now days, appetite suppresant
* Garcinia Cambogia - common in diet pills, unproven appetite suppresant
* Gymnema Sylvestre - appears to slightly lower blood sugar levels in diabetics
* Guarana - stimulant, common in diet pills
* Yerba Mate - stimulant, common in diet pills
* White Willow Bark - appears to be a pain reliever, alternative to aspirin (I guess it makes you feel good)
* Gelatin - no effect
* Magnesium Stearate - no effect
* Silicon Dioxide - no effect
Old 03-22-2006, 08:00 PM   #19  
Empress/Queen

Talking

It just seems that if a pill has no side effects except a bad taste in the mouth, that's, well, a side effect.

The list of ingredients says it all, IMO, it's a standard "diet pill" ... and like Oprah, if they worked, I'd move heaven and earth to get some.

It's snake oil ... but if folks wanna spend their hard-earned money on snake oil instead of a set of weights and a calorie book, then more power to 'em.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:16 AM   #20  
resident lactivist

Yeah, it's snake oil. And I'd personally be *very* wary of taking anything with an ingredient chemically similar to aspirin in it, as aspirin is a blood thinner.

I guess I really just do not understand why people would rather spend $30 on a diet pill than about $8 or $10 on a book of calorie counts. If I wanted to fool myself that something was gonna make me lose weight, I think I'd decide that the magic elixir was mother's milk tea, that way I might actually stand to get something out of it!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:10 AM   #21  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah03
Hello,
I was just checking to see if anyone had recieved EPH200 yet. I really want to try it but I am having problems with the order. I mailed the company a money order over two months ago and I never recieved the product. I called them and they said that they never recieved my money order. I stoped payment and sent them a new money order two weeks ago and they once again said that they have not recieved my money order. I only live 4 hours away from San Francisco so the mail would get to them in less than two days. I have checked the address many times and I have the correct address. I was just checking to see if anyone has had any problems like this. I really would like my order.
Thanks
Why does this not surprise me...a company using a Mailboxes Etc address (see my post at the beginning of this thread) with a faux interview (with obviously photoshopped before and after pics) not following through on your money order?

Where did you purchase the money order - do you still have a receipt? If you purchased the MO from the US Post Office or your bank you might be able to recover your money. This is one reason I always use my Visa credit/debit card to place orders...I have the power of disputing any charges. It's much harder to do this with check or money order purchases.

I would suggest contacting the US Postal Service for possible mail fraud charges. Most likely you're not alone in being scammed!

Also - apparently from what Nelie posted, there is nothing new here - like she said, that's just the standard diet pill ingredients nowadays.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #22  
Empress/Queen

Good point about the willow bark, Sabra!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:03 PM   #23  
JZA

Default Ingrediants in EPH200 and more info...

I did some research on this product, EPH 200 (which stands for something like "essential products for health" and not ephedrine) and found out this:

It contains:
* Vitamin D
* Calcium
* Chromium
* Citrus Aurantium
* Green Tea
* South African Hoodia Gordonii
* Garcinia Cambogia
* Gymnema Sylvestre
* Guarana
* Yerba Mate
* White Willow Bark
* Gelatin
* Magnesium Stearate
* Silicon Dioxide
This info can be found on the "Tom Lee Health" website.

Accordling to the chats going on on Lamas Beauty website, quite a few people have had positive experiences with EPH, but ONLY COMBINED WITH PROPER EATING AND EXERCISE, which is the whole point really.

Those people seem to believe that the pill helps to control their appetite and cravings (which is a help to some), and give them more energy without a shaky feeling. They also believe they are losing weight faster then they would with proper eating and exercise alone.

Perhaps it is only a psychological boost, or maybe it actually makes you feel better, but according to most accounts it takes an extremely long time to recieve the product and a lot of people give up before it even arrives.

It took me a very long time to read all the posts related to EPH2OO on Lamas website, so I don't really recommend it. Everything they seem to be saying, I have written here, for your viewing pleasure!
Old 03-24-2006, 12:27 AM   #24  
it's always something

I recently read that forum when searching google for information on the pill, and was shocked by the posts. One customer was very upset because she ordered EPH 200 and when she received it, there was a paper in it telling her that the product supported weight loss when combined with diet and exercise. She was upset because it didn't say that in their advertisement and they waited until after she's paid for it before telling her she had to go on a diet

I agree that it must be a psychological boost because there is nothing in the pills that would help. In fact, it could even be dangerous.

Citrus Aurantium is also known as bitter orange and is very similar to ephedra in structure. It's also dangerous and made the Consumer Reports Dirty Dozen list of most dangerous supplements. (stimulant)

Green Tea, when enjoyed as a beverage, is full of antioxidants that may be good for our health, but green tea in a pill will not help weight loss. Studies have shown that if you drink 4 cups of green tea every day, it could contribute to 8 pounds of fat loss - over the course of a whole year. (stimulant)

Hoodia won't help because it isn't the real thing. P57, the molecule in hoodia gordonii that causes appetite suppression, is patented by Phytopharm and cannot be sold for use in weight loss products without their permission, which they are only granting to Unilever and the product is not available yet. Further, hoodia gordonii can't even be exported out of Africa because it is a rare plant protected by law. Some companies are illegally harvesting it, but most of the hoodia being sold here is not real hoodia, despite the manufacturers claims. Also, it takes a large piece of fresh hoodia that contains P57 to work, not a tiny capsule of ground plant parts. There is a lot more to this story, but that's enough reason to know that the hoodia in this product is not going to work.

Chromium - Useless. I don't know which form of chromium it contains, but the most common type advertised in weight loss supplements is Chromium Picolinate. While chromium may have health benefits, extensive clinical trials have shown that chromium picolinate does not have an effect on weight loss. Chromium can cause side effects in many people, including everything from stomach discomfort to genetic mutations in DNA. Chromium may also interfere with other supplements or medications.

Garcinia Cambogia An extensive study by JAMA concluded: Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo.

Guarana Source of caffeine (stimulant)

Yerba Mate Source of caffeine (stimulant)

Gymnema Sylvestre A plant known to block sweet tastes in the mouth, so it is sometimes marketed as an appetite suppressant since it affects your desire to eat sweets. However, swallowing it in a pill does not have this effect. You must chew the leaves of the plant so it will affect the tongue. It has also been used by some to lower blood sugar levels in diabetics. See your physician if you are diabetic and want to consider this treatment, for proper dosages and suitable sources of the ingredient.

White Willow Bark Similar in structure to aspirin. Included because of the caffeine and bitter orange to simulate the 'aspirin/caffeine/ephedra' stack which used to be popular in some circuits. Dr. Ornish said it was potentially life threatening.

Calcium A couple of years ago, a study came out that showed that dairy could help weight loss. Ever since, every diet pill maker has been adding calcium to diet pills and cashing in on the news. Researchers showed that calcium supplements did enhance the effect of weight loss, however, there was more weight loss when calcium came from low or non-fat dairy sources.

Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide fillers and stabilizes for the capsule.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:55 AM   #25  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks Suzanne... I was pretty sure something in here was very similar to ephedra and that others were loaded with caffeine but had not had time to research it and wanted to be careful expressing what was just an opinion.

Like most all of them, it says "with proper diet and exercise." Now who woulda THUNK it?
Old 03-24-2006, 03:17 AM   #26  
JZA

Although it is really just stupidity to think you can lose weight without changing anything about your life, I can see why they woman Suzanne mentioned was angry about the insert included with her order of EPH200. According to the ad, "you don't have to diet or exercise in order to lose weight on EPH200". So they really are giving false information, whether the pill works in anyway with exercise or not!
The dirty *******s!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:21 AM   #27  
Just Me

Something I did was use google translate feature to read some of the German websites on EPH200 and people had similar complaints, saying that it was useless and didn't work.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 247/247/160-170

Height: 5'7

Question Eph200

I know that there was already a thread about EPH200 and I read all of it over and over again, but I thought I would post it to refresh it.

I ordered it over a month ago, and still haven't gotten it and know that it should hopefully be her this week sometime, I am starting to second guess it.

I know that there is no majic bullet to lose all the weight, I was just looking for something to kick start it. I would be happy if I were to lose 15-20 pounds with it and then just use the "hard way" lol for the rest of my weight loss.

But I was just wondering what people think that have tried it or have had someone they know tried it?

The only thing that concerns me, is with being overweight, is there a higher chance of something medically going wrong while taking a supplement? Like anything with your heart, blood pressure etc, since obvioulsy being overweight isn't considered healthy as it is????

I would really appreciate some opinions
Old 03-27-2006, 08:12 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 247/247/160-170

Height: 5'7

Anyone...............???

43 reviews and 0 replys??

What are your guys opinion on taking supplements with people not considered that healthy?? Do you think that it could help someone get on track or do the opposite?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:36 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 248/208/160

Height: 5'4

Sorry hon, I've never heard of the product I doubt your gonna have any bad side effects form using it though, even if your unhealthy, I'd think as long as you don't abuse the product or overdose on it I wouldn't worry about serious side affects.. I do know all herbal supplements have there own set of side affects regardless of health/weight...Sorry I don't have more input for ya!! Good luck and good health
Closed Thread