Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:55 PM   #46  
resident lactivist

Well said, Nelie. Also, I think that it has been mentioned here before (by MrsK, if memory serves): if ANY pill worked, you would hear about it constantly. We live in a culture with several networks devoted to providing 24-hour news coverage. They would jump on anything that worked, or gave even the vaguest hint of working. It would be on the Today Show, it would be on Oprah, it would be on Fox & Friends, on the cover of USA Today, Newsweek, Time, even People.

I know how frustrating weight loss can be--heck, I just broke about a four-month plateau myself. But really, why waste the money? Why come to 3FC, click on this forum, click on this thread where we all tell you it's not going to work, and then say "Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but maybe I'll get lucky!" You know, take your thirty bucks and buy some lottery tickets; you've got more of a chance of getting lucky that way than with a diet pill.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #47  

Wow, I can't believe it. I recieved my EPH200 today. It has been months since I placed the order. I had given up hope on recieving it. I am excited to start it, I know that the posibililty of it actually working is slim. I have been going to the gym since the end of November (almost 5 months) and I have not lost one pound, I do feel my muscles are getting stronger but I have not lost any weight. I work out 5 days a week for an hour and a half, two of those days I have a trainer. I am 29 years old, 5'9 and weight 178lbs I want to get back down to 135 - 140 again. I have never had a weight problem before just this last year or two. I have been trying to get the weight off by working out but it is not working, how crazy is that. So I am going to give these EPH200's a try with working out. I am not to great at eating really healthy, I am sure that has something to do with it, but I thought that I would at least loose some weight working out. Has anyone been on them for a while? I see a few post's that some of you have just started them. I am curious if anyone has been on them for a while and lost any weight. I started them today, I will let you know if it works for me.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #48  

I agree that the ad did not mention anything about diet or exercise. It just said you had to take the pill and keep your diet the same. I don't know what to believe after reading that ad though, because they took certain measures to make the story extremely convincing. I am glad, however, that I researched the product a little more before making a quick decision. However, I read one review on the product that the person recieved it very quickly, while all other reviews said that time-wise, it took much too long to receive. Also, one of the reviews i read said that the person, in order to test the product out further, took the pill, and then during the second week, ate whatever sweets and fats she wanted to eat. and it apparently still worked.
I would honestly research more before buying the product though. This forum was probably the most helpful one though, in finding negative effects of this pill.
I remember also looking at that girl's picture in the ad, the one named Claudia who lost 41 pounds, and I remember saying that it looked like that picture was digitally enhanced, because it for some reason did not look like ... well, it's hard to explain, but it didn't look right. I think it was digitally enhanced.
I guess there's no real quick fix that lasts. That ad definitely gave an entirely different picture about the drug as compared to even the official sites on the drug!
Sudha
Old 04-19-2006, 10:23 PM   #49  

I definitely agree that it would be all over the media if some really good very effective drug/other was actually discovered. Guess there's no substitute to good old fashioned diet and exercise crap. Too bad...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #50  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudha
IGuess there's no substitute to good old fashioned diet and exercise crap. Too bad...
LOL yah for sure!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:32 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 177/177/140

Default hi all

i'm new to this forum; thought i would say hi. i admit i got caught up in the ad on eph200 and ordered it. they said it will be arriving in the next week. i'm not looking for something that will be the "cure" but i feel like i'm in a rut and can't get motivated to eat right and exercise and think this will help get me going. i honestly don't care if it is a placebo i just need to think that something is happening.
i told myself i'm not going to buy any more clothes until i can fit into the pre-pregnancy clothes. i'm really getting sick of my wardrobe
Old 05-10-2006, 11:46 PM   #52  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudha
I agree that the ad did not mention anything about diet or exercise. It just said you had to take the pill and keep your diet the same. I don't know what to believe after reading that ad though, because they took certain measures to make the story extremely convincing. I am glad, however, that I researched the product a little more before making a quick decision. However, I read one review on the product that the person recieved it very quickly, while all other reviews said that time-wise, it took much too long to receive. Also, one of the reviews i read said that the person, in order to test the product out further, took the pill, and then during the second week, ate whatever sweets and fats she wanted to eat. and it apparently still worked.
I would honestly research more before buying the product though. This forum was probably the most helpful one though, in finding negative effects of this pill.
I remember also looking at that girl's picture in the ad, the one named Claudia who lost 41 pounds, and I remember saying that it looked like that picture was digitally enhanced, because it for some reason did not look like ... well, it's hard to explain, but it didn't look right. I think it was digitally enhanced.
I guess there's no real quick fix that lasts. That ad definitely gave an entirely different picture about the drug as compared to even the official sites on the drug!
Sudha
Keep in mind that often, marketers of diet pills and other scammy products (or people trying to sell the pills, say on ebay) will post on forums as just 'regular people' and praise the product/pill to the skies (believe me...we catch these spammers quite often here at 3FC!) and of course it only takes one good review - even amongst bunches of bad ones - for many people to order this s**t.

(my guess is that there are at least one or two of these types of 'fake reviews' on this very thread...why don't you try and guess who they are...? )

These hucksters know exactly what they're doing - more than likely they've done it before many many times. My guess is that many are selling the exact same product multiple times, under different brand names and different company names. They KNOW they are truly 'feeding on dreams' and I regard them as total scum-sucking lying leeches.

For the most part, it appears that the majority of people ordering this product are getting their orders MONTHS after they are placed. Info time - you shouldn't have to wait more than a MONTH at most for ordered merchandise (unless the retailer informs you there will be a wait due to a backorder or some such...in that case you should NOT be billed until the order is ready to ship. This is why it is a good idea to use your credit/debit card rather than check or money orders - if you order merchandise and the retailer/merchant debits your account and does NOT send the order and does NOT respond to emails, correspondence, or phone calls - after 30 days, I would advise that you contact the bank who issued the card you used and start chargeback proceedings.

Personally - I wouldn't send a plugged nickel to these scammers.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #53  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJim
(my guess is that there are at least one or two of these types of 'fake reviews' on this very thread...why don't you try and guess who they are...? )
LOL I am cracking up at this! As someone who used to help manage an online forum, I think you are right... and I'll bet I too can spot them in a heartbeat!!!! I don't for a minute doubt that you are experts at catching them LOL... voice of experience!! And the same person is likely to be in a forum under two different names creating a "discussion" if I know my stuff. Note: this is NOT meant to be accusing of anyone in THIS thread but just a general observation of the cyberworld!!
I would not send them a cent either!!! As others have said before, spend your $$$ on fresh wholesome food and a good pair of walking shoes!!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 05-11-2006 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:34 PM   #54  

Lightbulb Eph200 Hopefull

Hi all. I just got my EPH200 a few day ago and took it staight to my dr. She had heard of it and said I should go for it because nothing else has worked and none of the the ingredents were harmfull. She did say it was still important to do cardio so if I do lose weight fast I wont get loose skin and stuff (not that I dont already have some from havin babies lol) So anyone else on the stuff, make sure you at least walk or do some form of cardio. Good luck and Good health
Old 05-18-2006, 01:00 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 217/200/190/180/170/160/150

Hey every1.. hows it going? any word on these pills yet? i sent mine back and got my money back, they didnt work for me.." so forget it lol, as of right now i went back to my regular routine, i made my own diet plan that works for me, eating more healthy and doing more excerise, its been good so far ive lost 2 pounds.." i have all my small goals down, i hope to lose at least 8 to 10 pounds b4 this month ends..then so on and so on wit tiny goals, i want to get fit in to my party dress in october for my 22nd birthday...
Old 05-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #56  
natalie

S/C/G: 208/195/140

Default The Low-Down on EPH200

Okay so here's the real deal with this stuff. I ordered EPH200 and started taking it about 2 months ago. It took them 6 weeks to actually get it to me first off. Then they say they have a garuntee. Well, guess what after holding for about 4 days to get my money back the garantee starts from the day you place your order. That's why they take SO long to get it to you. So that by the time you figure out it doesn't work your crap out of luck. The ONLY thing positive that I noticed on this diet pill was that it made me not as hungry. So if eat 3 buckets of chicken for every meal I suppose you would lose weight taking this. But for most of us that are on a 1200-1800 calorie diet it does absolutely nothing. I had no extra weightloss AT ALL with this "amazing" pill. Don't waste your money! Please. I got suckered out of $96 that I could NOT afford.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:45 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Default Opinion Needed

Do you think the EPH 200 works?? Never mind I've already read your postings!!

LOL

Last edited by gretaleann; 05-21-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:08 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 130/126/110

I just saw the ad for Eph200 in a magazine and decided to order it. Then I did some Googling to see what others are saying about it. It seems to work for some and not work for others... just like everything else in this world.

This thread came up in my search. I have just a few things to say:
1. Diet pills DO work. If they didn't they'd go out of business REAL fast. EVERY company out there relies on word of mouth and repeat customers. EVERY business. I have known women who have taken them and have lost weight... and yes, I know that to keep it off you need to exercise. I think everyone realizes that.
2. Buying diet pills is neither stupid or a waste of money. Like buying ANY other product in this universe you might like it, you might not like it. I've watched movies with bad reviews and loved them. Does it make me stupid for buying it because no one ELSE thought I should? Nope.
3. Just because it's not right for you doesn't make it not right for everyone else.
Okay, just wanted to say that because I get the *vibe* that a few members on here are implying that anyone who has purchased this diet pill is basically an idiot and less intelligent than them. Hmmmmm

Now for the reasons *I* bought the pills:
I seem to be in a viscious cycle. I wake up each day with NO energy. I have enough energy to crawl out of bed, work 8 hours, and take care of my toddler and that's about it.
I don't have the energy to make myself a nutritious meal let alone exercise. I realize in order to get energy you need to exercise but I did that for months and the only thing it did for me was leave me even more exhausted. My friends go for walks and come back energized. I go for a walk and need a nap so bad I can barely stand up. I can't remember when was the last time I had energy.
I've had friends that tried Dr. Schulze's Superfood..... an all natural (yes we all hate those words but they're organic and completely healthy) ingredients like wheatgrass and they rave about it. They can't believe how much energy it gives them! I made mine in the blender every morning for weeks with a frozen banana, fresh squeezed apple juice, and 2 large tablespoons of Superfood. Gave me energy for 5 minutes. Then I went back to feeling like I am in CONSTANT need of a nap.
I am constipated. Have been for YEARS. It's hard for your body to absorb and assimilate nutrients when your colon walls are covered in crap (literally). The main reason for constipation is poor diet and lack of exercise.........

So... I have no energy. THAT is my problem. I realize that in order to get energy the good ole fashioned way I need to move my body and get up and make and eat nutritious meals. I need fresh air. Yoga would be fabulous but right now it literally almost puts me to sleep.
The one and only thing my friends all said about the diet pills they took is that they gave them energy. I don't care if it's a "bad" energy -- so is drinking coffee and pop and eating sweets -- none of which I do.
Sitting and laying around is far worse for my health than a little caffeine.

In order to get healthy and get moving I need a boost. I was actually considering buying caffeine pills just to get me started because the way I feel is ridiculous. A friend recently said "if you were any more mellow you'd be dead". True. Sad. I'm always ready for a nap. I'm sick of it.

Yes, I get enough sleep. But I am depressed and I think that leads to my constant lack of enthusiasm for life/tiredness. To get un-depressed I need exercise and good food. Back to the viscious cycle I'm in.

I'm rambling. For those of you who are in a pattern of exercise and healthy eating.... GOOD FOR YOU! Rock on!
For those of you who want a boost through diet pills.... GOOD FOR YOU! No matter where you start you'll still end up at the same finish line. If you cheat at the beginning..... so what!!!

Different strokes for different folks! I really hope Eph200 gives me some ENERGY!
I'll post my progress when I get them.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:07 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 130/126/110

Alright, I got my pills today - that was quick!
I have all the info that comes with it so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me.
Since I've heard so much down talk on this product I started taking it this morning assuming it will do nothing... and I was surprised with an energy boost after just a couple hours.
If that's all it does for me, I'll be happy. So I'm happy.

It says I won't notice a change for appx 7 days in the pamphlet so I'll let you all know in a week if I still have energy and if I've lost anything.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:08 PM   #60  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Mama
I was surprised with an energy boost after just a couple hours.
If that's all it does for me, I'll be happy. So I'm happy.
You'll get an energy boost. You just took a bunch of stimulants. You consumed bitter orange (Citrus Aurantium) which works in the body like ephedra and carries just as much danger. Consumer Reports listed it on their dirty dozen list of most dangerous supplments. You also swallowed Guarana and Yerba Mate, both sources of caffeine. White Willow Bark contains salicin, an alternative to asprin. So this creates the old "ephedra/caffeine/asprin stack" we've all heard about that can indeed increase energy initially since it's a powerful stimulant, and cause water weight loss which will show on the scale first, but you'll eventually gain it back. Plus it is potentially life threatening. Any thermogenic qualities are very minor when you look at the big picture. To lose fat, you'll still have to cut/burn calories just like the rest of us. The only difference between me and you is that you are putting your health at risk to lose the same amount of fat.
Closed Thread