Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 12:58 AM   #1  
Butterfly

S/C/G: 235/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Default smartburn

Has anyone tried SmartBurn? I was curious if anyone knows anything about it or if it helps out with weight loss. I know it supposedly contains the infamous "Hoodii" but I would just like to know if it can be of any assistance along with my diet and exercise regime.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:20 AM   #2  
it's always something

The fact that it says it contains hoodia is a red flag for me. What is marketed as hoodia really isn't hoodia gordonii and P57 (the substance that actually causes the appetite suppression). It's patented and protected by law and can't even be legally exported out of Africa yet. It's a really long story, lol. I think we will be seeing the real thing later this year, but not yet. Unilever (makers of Slimfast and other popular products) is working with PhytoPharm, the company that holds the patent to P57, and will begin clinical trials this year.

Smartburn also contains a few other questionable ingredients. Chromium polynicotinate has been proven to have NO effect on weight loss, and could be potentially dangerous. Garcinia: An extensive study by JAMA concluded: Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo. I could go on. But there is nothing in SmartBurn that would lead to more weight loss that diet and exercise alone.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:16 PM   #3  
Butterfly

S/C/G: 235/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Thank you so much for the response. I think I will save my money
Old 01-31-2006, 05:46 PM   #4  

My mom took it a while ago and she said it was okay. Beyond that I am not sure. As for the hoodia I am one to question that anything that says hoodia is 100% fake. In my opinion, after doing a heck of a lot of research, it seems hoodia can be used in supplements so legality cannot prevent hoodia from being used nor a weak patent. Yet, I do believe that almost 70% or slightly more than that percentage of products claiming to have this as an component are either lying or ignorant to the reality of being sold false hoodia. Look at the research out there, the latest, and there seems to be some legit hoodia out there. Who knows if it even works though, and if it is safe long term. A lot of questions but no firm answers so if u wanna try something else more legit supplement wise, I would.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:09 AM   #5  

Thumbs up I think SMartburn works

I used Smartburn for a while and I did notice a difference. It said to take 6 tablets daily, but I only took 4. I was surprised that it actually helped me with stress and my belly is definitely tighter!
Old 06-08-2006, 02:45 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

I agree with Suzanne... if it contains Hoodia then it is "out" for me.
Closed Thread