Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 09:55 AM   #1  
prepare for the BEST time

Default Another Weightloss Miracle????

I'm saying that tongue-in-cheek......I keep seeing ads for this new wonder pill, "SATISE", with a fancy infomercial shot at Trump resort in South Beach.....and lots of people in bathing suits, pushing their dinner plates away....

Any info on this scam, or does it have some worth? Just curious.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:45 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

You know, ya just gotta love how their website doesn't see fit to give you the actual ingredients of this 'potato pill' (why is it I just pictured a potato bug???) unless they have it buried on another page not listed on the site map...

...think about it...they're asking $60 plus shipping on their product and they can't even tell us WHAT IS IN IT except that it's a 'potato protein'?

I also found a lot of "PRWire" type 'news releases' (tip - these are actually 'news advertisements' that are issued by the COMPANY itself - just puffery!).

And at least two postings at other forums stating that they ordered the 'free trial' where they were supposed to only be billed for shipping and were hit with a $90+ charge on their credit card. THAT IN ITSELF IS A WARNING SIGN NOT TO ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!

Interestingly, I noticed that at the forums that had threads on Satise, pretty much all of the positive responses (posted at DIFFERENT diet forums)were posted by 'guests' or 'first timers', rather than board 'regulars'. Hmmm you know what that says to me...that says that perhaps someone who works for the company is SPAMMING different forums raving about the product, extolling its virtues. It happens ALL the time - I would have to say that 3FC gets a LOT less of that crap. Of course, there are a lot of readers who will believe posts like that, and just go ahead and order it hoping it will be THE MAGIC PILL.

Speaking of that...this cracked me up when I was searching google groups: I found a post from someone dated 25 Feb asking about Satise:

Quote:
i am wondering if anyone would be able to help me with diet pills. i
want to take this one calld Satise, but i'm not 1000%
about it. if you know about it, or have taken it, please drop me a
line. thank you soo much for all your help. we can all get though it,
we just need to find our path...
All well and good, except THIS SAME POSTER posted at ANOTHER google group under the SAME user name on 17 Feb (a week PREVIOUS to the above post):

Quote:
I have been on Satise for almost 2 months. I LOVE IT!!!! I am able to
control my hunger and don't nosh. I have lost almost 9 pounds. I would
absolutly recomend it to you.
Ummmm...okay...can we all say BUSTED?!?

Most of the other 'positive' posts I was able to find at various forums pretty much say this EXACT two sentences:

Quote:
I am losing about a pound a week on Satise. I have experienced no side effects.
Well...I think you guys all know what MY response to this is...at the very least, WAIT AND SEE...if this is the real deal - the skeptic in me says that the company might be overstating this just a tad.

Plus their 'marketing techniques' (spamming forums, playing games with customers' payment cards) doesn't instill much trust. If their product is SOOOO good, why resort to such trickery and double-dealing?

And just as a footnote - I found this thread at a scientific forum and these people seem to know what they're talking about - posting the link for y'all.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

As usual, Mrs. Jim, you're right on. Thanks for exposing another one.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:35 PM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Yes, the MIRACLE POTATO!!!!! of course!!! Just think how this will impact the state economy of IDAHO? (oh you lucky folks, maybe your taxes will be diminished)

I just chuckle when I see this stuff......when I first heard the name, I thought they were saying "MATISSE".....I thought of the old movie with Nick Nolte, Richard Dreyfuss and Bette Midler, "Down & Out in Beverly Hills".....they had a neurotic dog named Matisse...
Closed Thread