Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 12:41 PM   #16  

You've got to be kidding me? They actually MADE one of those. Geez, and here I thought I was the laziest person in the world, but at least I'm willing to get off the couch for a second to get something from the fridge.

And yes, I too am smelling lawsuit. I'd like to shake the hand of the moron that thought this up, and ask him when he'll start looking for a new job.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:46 PM   #17  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Clearly I'm in the minority, but I think that it would be a great spacesaver. Don't many people already have a TV, if not right on some kitchen counter (or under a cabinet) then within view of the cooking area? I do, and I watch the news or cooking shows or whatever while I'm cooking (ESPECIALLY when preparing my lunches and staples for the week ahead) -- and I'd love to get that TV off my counter.

I don't think this appliance is going to encourage more mindless eating. Americans have done a fine job without it. Likewise, there are plenty of folks who spend time in the kitchen who don't have a problem with overeating, and I'm sure they would enjoy its convenience also.

I'd absolutely get one if it were within my budget, and I don't think it would affect my weight loss one bit. JMHO.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:19 PM   #18  
Indian Princess

I don't have a tv anywhere but in the living room. I refuse the idea a one in the bed room or kitchen. I don't own a cell phone either, to me that is a waste of money. the day I need to call someone to ask which kind of frozen peas they need..well lets just say never!....lol HAPPY HALLOWEEN..
Old 11-04-2004, 12:20 AM   #19  

Well, a cell phone has more use than that. I have mine in case I break down or something. As you have to drive forever where I live, it's not like I'll just break down in the middle of town and be able to run into a store and call someone. Also, so my parents can get a hold of me no matter where I'm at. I rarely use the cell phone, but it's a good thing to have on hand in case I need it.

But that is off topic. I still think this Fridge/TV is a dumb thing though.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:31 AM   #20  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

If you already have a tv in the kitchen anyway (and many people seem to) you might as well save space and put it on the fridge.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:52 AM   #21  

Just wanted to follow up--I haven't seen this commercial in a long, long time......Maybe the "phase" has ended--idea kaput? Or maybe I'm just not watching the right channels
Old 02-15-2005, 06:21 PM   #22  

I haven't seen the commercial at all. I have seen an advertisement in a sale circular and I loved the idea. I agree with the person who said that we do a good job of overeating on our own, we don't need a tv embedded in the fridge to encourage that. The commercial that you all described sounded perverse and right in tune with our culture but we are the ones that decide our destiny. I would love one to watch while cooking or working in the kitchen. My biggest concern is what happens when the tv breaks. We all know that it would be expensive to have it repaired.
Closed Thread