Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 06:03 PM   #1  
Mooooo

Question Slender Weigh

OK EVERYONE I JUST RECENTLY PURCHASED THIS WEIGHT LOSS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CALLED SLENDER WEIGH. IT IS RATHER PRICY BUT IT ENTAILS SEVERAL PILLS AND ALSO A LIQUID AT NIGHT BEFORE BED. WITH BREKFAST YOU TAKE 1 HERBAL THERMOGENICS AND ONE NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT, 30 MINUTES BEFORE LUNCH YOU TAKE THE FIRST TWO PLUS AND ADDITONAL PILL WHICH IS A CARBOHYDRATE & SUGAR INHIBITOR. THEN 1-2 HRS AFTER LUNCH YOU TAKE THE HERBAL,AD NUTRINAL AGAIN. YEST AGIN 15 MINUTES BEFORE DINNER YOU TAKE 1 CARBOHYDRATE &SUGAR INHIBITOR FINALLY, YOU CONCLUDE WITH A TABLESPOON OF SLENDERWEIGH PMWITH 8 OUNCES OF WATER
MOST OF THE PILLS ARE NASTY SMELLING,BUT I TOOK THE LUNCH SET OF PILLS EARLIER AND HAD NO CRAVINGS FOR FOOD OR SNACKS,MY BIG PROBLEM. I PLAN ON TRYING THE WHOLE SYSTEM TOMORROW AM.
THE SLENDER WEIGH RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE
1) TAKE ALL THE PILLS AS DIRECTED,DONT FORGET OR DOUBLE UP
2) DRINK AT LEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY
3) EAT YOUR FOOD AND DONT SKIP MEALS.
THERE IS A WEB SITE FOR THE BUSINESS,AND THE MALE WHO ENCOURAGED ME TO BY THE SYSYTEM WAS ALSO IN THE BROCHURE(AND WEBSITE) BUT WAS IN PERSON SELLING THE ITEM.
HAS ANYONE DONE OR HEARD OF THIS? ANYONE NEEDING ADITONAL INFORMATION JUST LET ME KNOW..STEPH
Old 10-18-2002, 06:55 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Can you get your money back???

It's a copy cat of Herbalife from the sound of it. Quite frankly, 99% of the stuff marketed by Multi-Level Marketers is...crap. This sounds EXACTLY like Herbalife and/or Body Solutions (which is also crap).

Just checked the website...absolutely nothing new here...

Don't feel bad though - I'd just chalk it up to lessons learned. The marketers who run these companies aren't idiots - they've done their research and they know how to get even the most skeptical people to open up their wallets - just put a few before and after photos...some dubious testimonials...a colorful website and VOILA!

A great website to check out is Mistress Krista's at http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html - she has a section she calls the Crap Page that says it more eloquently than I ever could:
Quote:
Supplements

My mantra about drugs and supplements is informed choice. I'm not going to lecture you about what is natural and what isn't, but I am going to lecture you about looking before you leap. The first thing to remember is that the supplement industry is built on hype and lies. Most legal supplements DO NOT WORK. Someone once told me that a Russian strength scientist, discussing American use of supplementation, said that Americans had the most expensive piss in the world. Of course, hope springs eternal, but most legal supplements are, sorry to say, useless.

Take care...oh and PS - please don't type in ALL CAPS - not only is it difficult to read but on the Net it is considered SHOUTING.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:21 PM   #3  
Mooooo

OK NOW IM SHOUTING IT FREAKING FIGURES........OH WELL I'M GOING TOTAKE EVERY LAST PILL,FOR THE MONEY I JUST WASTED..
Closed Thread