Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

I usually have a shake for breakfast since i am not hungry in the mornings. I find them quite satisfying, and like a previous poster said, they seem to help w/ my chocolate cravings
Old 11-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #17  

Hey, I tried slimfast and it worked for me back when i needed to slim down for a PT test in the military. I gained it all back, not bc slimfast didnt work but bc i didnt make it a lifestyle change. Im actually going to start back on slimfast just to jump start my weightloss and get me back into the swing of things. As for making your own meal replacement with a protein shake... just make sure it has all the nutrients that you will get in a meal. Usually protein shakes are to supplement protein... there is a big difference between a protein shake and a meal replacement. I say try it. All the testimonials are definitely motivation but they are also other people's reality and not your own. Create your own reality... Im going to do slimfast and believe me it will work.. as long as you stay with in the correct amount of calories you need a day and exercise then you will do fine after slimfast. It works but the only YOU will believe it works is if YOU try it and it works for YOU.... hope this helps

Last edited by AlexxusMich2; 11-21-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #18  
Making a Change

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3

The Cappucino flavored drink is awesome for breakfast. I feel like I am having a starbucks frap! I love it.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #19  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

My mom made me drink nothing but Slimfast the week before my wedding. Only because at my last dress fitting..my dress didnt fit. She accused me of being pregnant, which I wasnt. I was just bloated cuz I started my period the next day, lol!! Even still..she made me drink it. I think I lost like 5lbs by my wedding day. The dress did zip up in the end, so thats all that mattered, lol.

I've tried it other times..but it's gets pretty boring drinking the same thing all the time. The little snacks dont help much either. I'm not allowed to buy it anymore though. The last time I did..I bought like 2 huge cases..used up one..and the other one just sat in the fridge for months and months.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:49 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I usually have Slimfast once a day. I just had one for breakfast but will be having some fruit a little later. Normally I make a protein shake for breakfast using non fat milk. I was out of milk this morning so used Slimfast as I didn't want to go to the store so early. I keep Slimfast on hand as well as a few Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice Dinners for the times when I just don't feel like going to the store. I don't mind the Slimfast Drink but wouldn't suggest using it for all three meals. By the way a chilled can of the Cappucino blended with a banana is delicious.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

i keep some of the cans of choc shake in my fridge for when i want a sweet fix becaused if i kept candy around it wouldnt last long. But I've never officially followed the plan.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #22  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to let you know that Slimfast is recalling all of their Ready to Drink shakes!!

I made a post about it here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ke-recall.html
Old 02-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #23  
M&M Addict

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDuffer View Post
Cheaper to buy some protein powder and make your own shakes in a blender. I usually just mix milk, ice and one scoop post workout. Don't see why you couldn't do that as a meal replacement, especially if you throw in some fruit.
Yes! This is what I do. I don't find most of those shakes to be nutritious in a good way. The big jug of protein has the stuff you need. I mix the chocolate with half a banana, 1/2 c. skim milk, and 1/2 c. water (or ice cubes). I also throw a little of my Metamucil in there. Blend and drink. And I find this way more filling and cheaper than Slim Fast.

I have tried SF three times since it came out way back when. The first time, I lost a few pounds, other times nothing. They actually make me feel hungrier. I think they have cheaped out on the formula, because as teens, several of us lost a few pounds, but I haven't heard any real success stories since.

Last edited by WhiteRabbit; 02-26-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #24  
Steph84106

S/C/G: 195/154/145

Height: 5'7

If you're busy & need something quick between Breakfast & Lunch or Lunch & Dinner... Slim Fast is a pretty healthy source of vitamins & nutrition & , if you give it about 10 minutes, the hunger pangs go away until you're ready to get dinner started! ... it works well for me when I need it but I don't rely on it for much of my diet.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #25  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

I love the shakes, and I use them (the powdered kind) with light soymilk as a quick source of vitamins and fiber on my way to school. That's the only part of Slimfast I do, though.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #26  
OnE dAy At A tImE!

S/C/G: 240/TICKER/165

Height: 5'4

I tried it before for about 2 weeks and joined the online community and all...Basically it's just a calorie counting diet (to me)....Online it tells you to eat a certain amount of calories (depending on weight and such) a day and just so happens to include their shakes in the mix....I think it's a waste of money. I just made a smoothie for breakfast and called it a day... *shrugs* Nothing wrong with the diet tho. Im on a budget so it seems that just plain calorie counting was cheaper. Btw a long time ago the shakes used to be all gross and mineral-tasting but they are sooooo good now. I used to put ice in my chocolate shakes and blend them!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

I just found this post because I actually like SlimFast and am thinking of using it again. It's summer time, it's hot, I'm feeling lazy and I'd rather whip up a shake in the blender than have to make choices. LAZY.

In thinking back on the one time I was most successful with losing a significant amount of weight and keeping it off, Slim Fast was involved so I thought, why not.

My JR year in high school, I gained about 40 pounds which is a LOT to pack on in 9 months. It was my first year living in the dorm. I lost it all over the summer (and then some) using SF for breakfast and lunch, eating a lot of fruit for snacks, and having a "sensible dinner" Once I got the weight off, I kept it off for ages. I didn't creep up again till much much later under totally different circumstances and it's been with me (and building) ever since.

I really really like the taste. The last time I used it, I often mixed in a frozen banana, a tablespoon of natural peanut butter, a frozen container of yogurt, etc. It changes it up, adds a little nutritional value, keeps you full longer and so on.

Just wish they still made the extra fiber version. That was so much more filling.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #28  
Amazing will be me

If you like milkshake yeah it can work for you, however i find having it for 2meals per day is doable for 1-2weeks max then only have it for breakfast
Old 06-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 18/16/12 (AU dress sizes)

Height: 165cm (5'5")

I used to drink the cappuccino-flavoured shakes as breakfast if I had no time for anything else, not because I needed to lose weight (this was pre-DD, when I was a normal healthy weight). I thought they were quite tasty actually, and back then it didn't bother me in the least that the ingredients were "fake". These days the list of numbers in the ingredients is seriously off-putting to me.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

I used to LOVE SlimFast when I was at school - the vanilla and chocolate shakes from a can were delicious. I'm going to try them again soon because they used to fill me up so much, but they've changed the packaging here so I have no idea if the taste will be the same. But I remember not being able to finish a can easily because I would get so incredibly full...
Closed Thread