Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #31  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Steve,
I'm not sure of the status of ordering the book right now. I got mine on ebay when it was a reasonable price. Since he's been on tv, it seems that the sellers have gotten a little greedy and increased their prices. It says on his website that the book will be available in the US soon. I'm not sure how long "soon" is though-lol!
The cd is a hypnosis/relaxation cd. He talks you through visualizing yourself thin, remembering happy times and seeing yourself happy and active, etc. It's about 25 min long and I usually fall asleep sometime during it. I think you still hear it even though you might me asleep. Something has clicked in my brain about eating. So, I think it has worked for me.
There's a forum at his website also (mckenna.com).

Best wishes,
Donna
Old 04-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #32  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Hi: I've seen all the shows so far. I kept thinking that this is too simple, I've known about intuitive eating for some time but never how to deal with the emotional part of it. Also used EFT for headaches and other minor pains along with hypnosis. I used hypnosis a few years ago for weight loss and it was going great and then the hypnotist was in an accident and I haven't found anyone I liked as well as her.

I am going to give this a try even though it sounds to simple to be true. Hope everyone has a good day. Remember the "four golden rules."
Old 04-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Hi--Just wondering if anyone is still following this and having any success? I caught the first show and thought it made sense. I've had success before using Intuitive Eating. Looking for some folks to share their progress.

Thanks,
Ann
Old 04-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #34  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Hi Ann! I am still using Paul's techniques(4weeks on Tuesday!) & still having great success. I have messed up a few times, but this time, when it happened, I didn't do what I have done in the past-- get depressed, say 'Screw It!" & go on a binge because I had 'failed'. This time, I just said, "Ok, no problem, I will get back on track next time I feel hungry"...& I do! People are noticing that I am losing weight! I have lost 8 pounds so far, and have gone down a pants size, which normally doesn't occur this early in weight loss for me. (w/ my 6ft frame, I tend to have to lose about 15lbs before I notice a drop in pants size)
I am walking 30 minutes at least 4 times a week(plan to increase it to daily) & also plan to increase the time as I build my endurance. I still feel great & my attitude is so positive & upbeat. It still amazes me how EASY these techniques ARE!
Hope you are having success as well! ~RM
Old 04-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #35  
ddc
getting back to 140

My pants are alot looser. Paul's techniques are what I needed to jump start my weightloss. I have had a few binges, but not too bad. Sometimes it's hard when I get home from work from a really stressful night and I just want to eat chips!! I eat my chips and get right back on it the next meal. I just love it!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #36  
meggy

S/C/G: 260/240/175

Height: 5'4''

Hi Ann!

I just wanted to let you know that I've followed the golden rules for 4 weeks and I've lost 9 pounds! (I have to change my ticker!) I'm also exercising 5 times a week (elliptical and Turbo Jam). My body is changing so fast! It's definitely my greatest motivation to continue! I have to say that eating this way and exercising have been surprisingly easy!!!

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Meggy
Old 04-14-2008, 04:18 AM   #37  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

S/C/G: 210.5/169/G 150

Height: 5'5

So, I've dug out my ICMYT CD and the book is somewhere around the house... while I feel pretty good about what I'm doing already, I'm not against a little mental help!

How long has the show been running on US television? Was it on UK television as well (just wondering if I'll be able to download it...)
Old 04-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #38  
ddc
getting back to 140

Last night was the 5th and final episode. I'm going to miss it
There were repeats scheduled, and now they aren't showing on TLC's website. Maybe the ratings weren't as good as they had hoped?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

subscribing to the thread
Old 04-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I did well with the 4 rules for a couple of days, but then we had out of state guests for a few days and everything went out the window. I'm trying to get started again.

I just found a monthly ICMYT thread here on 3FC. If you haven't seen it already, come check it out.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:40 PM   #41  

Anyone still use the techniques? Any success?

The shows definitely helped me slow down and savor my food when eater, but it hasn't really helped when I want something I'm craving. I find that I don't want to stop the craving, so I don't do the techniques. I still have them all on my DVR & have been thinking about watching them again.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #42  
ddc
getting back to 140

I've quit with the techniques also.
I was thinking of rewatching the dvds.
I got to my goal weight and kind of relaxed and now I find the weight starting to creep back on.
I've been wondering also if anyone is still having continued success.

Best wishes
Old 08-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #43  

Hi. Anybody out there still doing this? Is there a McKenna thread? I'm currently doing I.E., but think this will help a lot. I just ordered the five CD set. A buddy would be great. I'll check out the oher forums too.
Amie
Old 09-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 204/194/140

Height: 5'6"

I've been practicing his techniques for 12 days now and am down 9 lbs. Love eating whatever I want. Will NEVER go on a diet again.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #45  
cher37

I just turned the tv on & watching the Mom Show & he was on it & he just said this, which I think makes a lot of sense:

"look around your house - the food in the kitchen, the clothes in your closet - and ask yourself "is this going to help me achieve my goals, how I want to look/feel?" if it doesn't, get rid of it"

& I'll add this, "live in victory, not in defeat!"

cheers ladies!

Closed Thread