Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:05 AM   #16  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

Don't waste money on expensive name brand products. If you feel you need a cleanout, try any of the following:
Ground flaxseed
Psyllium seeds or husks
Sauerkraut
Magnesium citrate supplements

or my favorite... Jim's Wings with Ram Hot sauce. Don't worry about the calories, cuz those puppies won't stay with you very long. (jk... sort of)
Old 08-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #17  

Sauerkraut, really?!?!
Old 08-18-2007, 03:53 AM   #18  
Taking It Back

S/C/G: 199.8/189.2/134.2

Height: 5'6.2"

Warning, this may be a little graphic/gross.
Just wanted to add my opinion about DrNatura. I used this "system" a bit back, and was very glad I did. I had gotten it because I had pinworms for almost nine years. I had been to the doctor and gotten a prescription that never helped, tried all the home remedies and such and was desperate. I had read everything I could find about how you get them, how you spread them, et cetera and did the appropriate steps to keep them away, but it never worked. Finally, one day I found DrNature and tried it out. The parasite remover which is something like Paranil(?) got rid of them in about one week and they have never been back. Believe me, it was a huge relief!! I had been looking for so long. Now, I realize pinworms are not harmful, but believe me they are annoying!!!

I enjoyed the tea a lot because it helped me fall asleep at night and helped me wake in the morning (it sort of presses a button on your bladder after about 6-7 hours like Now Get Up Now heh). The fiber powder stuff does not taste too bad (sort of like black licorice for some reason), especially mixed. I was definitely much more regular when I was on this program.

Not trying to disagree with anyone's posts, just wanted to let you know my experience. Of course, none of what I liked about it had anything to do with cleansing my colon. :-p
Old 08-21-2007, 08:09 AM   #19  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

Sauerkraut juice is an ancient folk remedy for "digestive problems." It works VERY quickly for some. My DH usually goes within an hour of eating a good-sized portion of kraut.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:23 AM   #20  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Cabbage will clean me out faster than anything else I know

I agree with Suzanne about colon cleansing. I had a colonoscopy a year ago and talked to the doctor about these. She said everything that Suzanne has stated in this thread.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #21  
Getting a new Image

S/C/G: 230/225/160

Height: 5'8

cabbage and prune juice or any of the sorts usually only make a bout a pencil wide whole to get through A cleanse Ive done does do something If youve never tried a cleanse I wouldnt knock it! Some people need it some people do!

If you feel you need it try it!
Old 01-27-2008, 09:03 AM   #22  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My personal opinion is look at the ingredients of the products which you are looking to buy. They are the same as regular stuff you can buy in the store at a much cheaper price.

Personally, I think if you eat a proper diet, you wouldn't need a colon cleanse product. Also, be careful of the tea used in such products, it is habit forming. Meaning, if you use it for an extended period of time and then stop using it, then your body will not know how to go anymore. They are just using laxatives and giving them a fancy name of "colon cleanse".
Old 02-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

If these don't work how coem people say they lose 10 lbs? Has anyone who tried it lost a significant amount of weight?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #24  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I highly recommend going for a colonoscopy. You need a baseline anyway to go off of for the future, so why not? If that stuff they give you to drink for the prep doesn't clean you out, nothing will.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #25  
Just Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beautiful2Bfat View Post
If these don't work how coem people say they lose 10 lbs? Has anyone who tried it lost a significant amount of weight?
Don't confuse scale loss with fat loss. You can easily lose 10 lbs of water and also emptying out your colon will result in a temporary scale reduction. Stop taking the laxatives and you will go back to the weight you were.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:04 AM   #26  

Default tips to colon cleanse

Hi to all,Good recommendations.But my suggestion is some colon cleansers contain dangerous ingredients. Make sure you do your research first before you use a colon cleanser to fight constipation and parasites etc.Out of all Natural colon cleansing is best.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #27  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I just saw a segment in a health documentary that the parasite "cleanse" actually creates the "parasites." There's a scientific explanation, which I didn't follow exactly, but scientists have studied the uh, evidence (the poop) and determined that no parasites exist and the wormlike stuff that people see in their poo aren't worms at all. The "worms" are a type of fiber or something that the cleansing product actually creates.

It reminds me of the electromagnetic foot baths - the dirty water is supposed to be evidence of toxins being removed from the body - but it's really iron ions being removed from the water by the electromagnetism. If your feet weren't in the water, it would still turn brown/red.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:36 AM   #28  

Default tips to colon cleanse

Avoid harsh chemicals such as laxatives as these can often cause more harm than good. Herbal based colon cleansers are a natural and gentle alternative and can produce excellent results.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:24 AM   #29  
Just Me

Herbal based laxatives aren't really any better. If you take fiber, that is fine but things like Senna can cause your body to depend on it if taken for long periods of time.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #30  
ugggg.....

If you want cleaned out go to your local drug store and get the stuff they make you drink for a colonoscopy--it's what was recommended for coworker of mine--but stay near the bathroom.

I have a friend who swears by her spring and fall cleanses/detox.
Closed Thread