Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #46  

Thanks so much, I've been looking all over for this info. I'm so used to just counting points (and going over) that I'm hating counting fat grams and calories.
petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 170 / 158.8 / 130

Height: 5'5''

I wish it was sold in my country =(
Epica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:48 AM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epica View Post
I wish it was sold in my country =(
what country? can't you buy it on line?
Old 05-04-2008, 03:00 AM   #49  

Read your blog, your more secure than I am. Very nicely done, I enjoyed reading it.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #50  

So let me get this right.... You are told how much fat to eat in order for the pill to be effective? Eat too much and watch out, but what if you don't eat enough fat? Does it not work? Where is the cheapest place to buy it? I saw it for like $69 at Walgreens for like 90 pills, but Sams club had 150 pills for like $63. Is there a better deal? Anywhere online?? Is the diet plan included in the package (I don't want to risk an explosion at work, I may wear a diaper to start). Also any other tips/advise not included in the package but you learned thru trial & error? Thanks so much for any advise, Thanks
Irish Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 191/187/145

Height: 5"4

I didn't eat enough fat in my meals, so I didn't lose any weight. I didn't gain any weight either. I maintained my starting weight and fluctuated between a two to three pound weight loss here and there, but I always went back to what I started. I didn't have any "explosions," I even tested it by eating something really fatty. Things didn't taste right either. If I ate something with a high fat content, I felt like my mouth was coated in vaseline. There were benefits, but it only helped me switch to a low fat diet. I bought mine at Wal-mart for a fairly decent price. It's all about if you're willing to change your diet.
dreamergonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:03 PM   #52  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Has anyone here with a diagnosis of IBS tried Alli? I have IBS usually with the 'D' symptoms as opposed to the 'C'. I am looking for an extra boost as i have hit a plateau after only losing about 15 of the 60 lbs in the 4 months i have been active in my lifestyle change. i hit the plateau about a month and a half ago. Just wondering if the "side effects" would hit me even worse since i already have a bowel problem.

Thanks!

Last edited by DaisyNicole; 05-14-2008 at 01:04 PM.
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #53  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys. I am thinking of taking Alli because I have heard good things about it. I read that you only get the "treatment effects" when you eat too much fat in your meals. I believe that Alli is to help people who lead an unhealthy lifestyle, and it really makes you aware of the things that are good and bad for you. It comes to the point where you can stop taking Alli once you've become satsified, and then you have learned a healthy lifestyle. It's not a pill for someone to be able to lose weight while eating crap. You have to be dedicated to eating the right choices. The treatment effects are a reminder that you are making bad choices.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:50 AM   #54  

I am surprised there isn't a very active post with people using Alli. I have started the program and find that it is helpful. Just need to stick to it like with any diet program.
Any Alli long timers out there?
Roseblush
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:01 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseblush View Post
I am surprised there isn't a very active post with people using Alli. I have started the program and find that it is helpful. Just need to stick to it like with any diet program.
Any Alli long timers out there?
Roseblush
I'm a long time user of the prescription version, Xenical, as its not available OTC in the UK. I'm on my 11th month and will reach my anniversary at the end of this month. I've lost 63lbs on it in those 11 months and 23lbs before taking it. As you say it works if you stick to it.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:06 PM   #56  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

What happens when you stop taking it? According to the information that comes with Alli, all of the fat you eat is digested since there's no pill to block it. You're also advised that you may gain weight after you stop if you're eating an inappropriate amount of fat. You're also advised that you may want to go back on Alli for periods of time if you're having trouble maintaining a new weight. But the idea here is to learn to eat healthy, low-fat foods as a way of life.

I don't know; I love mayonnaise, hard cheeses, and butter. I'm not eating any full-fat cheese, using whipped butter, and fighting the fresh tomato with white bread and mayo urge. At least I'm measuring the mayonnaise, and using a fat-free Vidalia onion salad dressing - which has tons of sugar I'm sure. I hate that so many things that are fat-free and advertised and packaged as healthy for weight loss are so high in sugar and other unintelligible ingredients.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

LOL! I tried Alli a few months ago. Oh man. I was at work (I'm a substitute teacher and was subbing for a preschool teacher) and I had to get up to get some crayons or something for the students. When I got back to my seat, I noticed that it was covered with this brownish yellow BILE. I hadn't even NOTICED anything coming out of me or felt anything wet on me at all. Well, I excused myself to the bathroom, grabbing the chair to take with me. My pants were covered with the bile, and it smelled soooo bad. I had to throw the pants away when I got home, and I was in the bathroom for about 20 minutes trying to clean off the chair.

Sooo embarrassing. I think a big part of it though was that I wasn't eating a low-fat diet. So yeah, I suggest to anyone that wants to try Alli, PLEASE don't eat fatty foods with it.
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #58  
M&M Addict

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I had a neighbor who was obese and did very well on the prescription form of this many years ago. However, I read in Consumer Reports that Alli was not the strength of the prescription version, and did very little to help lose weight in a healthy fashion, and keep it off. I was bummed because I was going to give it a whirl. On the other hand, I have less than 20 pounds to lose, and it probably isn't the best solution for someone in that situation.

Any thoughts?
WhiteRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 217/145/135

Height: 5'7"

Roseblush...I have used Alli for 13 months. Feel great...practically no problems with it. Happily 70 lbs lost!
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Sorry, may be repeating stuff but I don't have time to read all the posts. My mom talked to a pharmacist. She's always hoping for a way to lose weight so she can go from about 185 to 105 without doing anything. The pharmacist told her that yes, it will work but they strongly recommend wearing a pad as well as dark coloured pants because of how little control you will have over your ability to get to the bathroom in time. Thankfully she decided not to try it.
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote