Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:20 PM   #61  

Default Hey There

The storm passed us by. Next to nothing in rain ,unless, we get some tonight.
Welcome Yogini.. I hope you find something helpful here. At any rate you will find some good computer friends..
Mima- I won't hear about test till next week.. This B/P is crazy..One day up ,next day real low.. This just leaves me feeling lousy.. Sounds like you are going to be really busy.. Hope you can get your ingrown toe taken care of.. Mine is hurting again. I cut down on the edge hoping that would help,which, usually does but it is still sore..
Tammy- Hope you have a good year at school. I am still working on my weight.. At least I am not gaining..I haven't been faithfull to my walking. I just have not felt like it lately.
Happy- No ,I don't like getting up early.. It was in the 80's here today,but, very humid. Just a little bit outside and you get wringing wet..We don't have cool weather until October.. This time of the year I am looking foreward to it..
Meme-I don't like to have my picture taken either.. I don't like what I see..I don't like people taking my picture when I am unaware. That happens a lot with my kids.. They do that all the time.. I seldom see them ,Thank God..
Hello Candice- How are You.
Joanne
Old 08-30-2006, 08:25 PM   #62  

Meme, I agree with you about winging it. I think I do that most of the time anymore.

Mima, I cracked up about your 7 watches. I'm not going to go count mine, but I'm sure I'm close to that. And yes, I do wear all of them!! Depends on the occasion. Owning 2 homes is expensive, that's for sure. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Anne, your comment about the fatigue is so true! There are days that I can't even think about doing the most simple things. I don't get as frustrated at those times like I used to. I just try to do what I can when I am able. I'm glad I don't have to get up early in the morning. I don't go back to school until next Tues., so I should have some time to rest before then.
Wow, fall already! I love it when the leaves are changing. Such a pretty time of year.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:42 AM   #63  

Ah ... the fatigue. It's the pits. And I have anemia to boot. Some days I have to just drag myself out of bed and into the shower and can barely stand in the shower long enough to work the stiffness out ... then I don't have the energy to dry off. Mornings are the hardest for me, especially Sundays. I am so dreading this weekend. Went to church and then about 8 tables of people went out to eat afterward. Everybody was saying how we must be looking forward to the weekend ... how could they possibly understand that I'm NOT looking forward to a weekend at a hotel with a hard bed and 3 days of non-stop "fun" with my husband and friends when I'm hurting so bad and I'm so tired that I'm about ready to drop. I was up until after 6 A.M. this morning in pain ... couldn't sleep because I hurt so bad. Finally fell asleep from exhaustion and the phone woke me up 3 1/2 hrs. later. Been like that for nearly a week now. Can't explain that to a normal person. After this trip, I'm done for awhile. I'm not well and I'm going to act like it ... whether others understand or not!

Joanne, I was watching that storm. Was afraid it was going to get you. I thought it would at least bring you some rain. Maybe you'll get some next time. Hope you B/P straightens out.

That's cute about Evan. I can't handle one house, let alone two. No my house is not as bad as the ones on "Clean Sweep" ... I don't see how they live in those either. They can't even walk in some of them or sit down on any of the furniture. I couldn't stand all that clutter. My problems are my closets and the basement. I just need to throw out some stuff ... or have a yard sale. I was talking to a 'new' friend from the church tonight and she wears a 16. She's just lost a lot of weight and doesn't have many clothes. She had a surgery, forgot what she called it but it's where they put a ring around your stomach and put fluid in there somehow to make you feel full or something ... she goes back every month or 6 weeks for an adjustment on it. She won't buy many clothes because she still losing. I think I'm going to just give her some of my size 16 church dresses that I kept. She is the exact same height that I am. I knew I had kept them for some reason! I'm totally determined to NOT gain all that weight back (unless I get sick or something or go insane ... half way there!)
Old 08-31-2006, 05:28 AM   #64  

Way to go, meme.We brought the yard sale stuff to church last night but had to take out some videos that were not appropriate for church-not mine!
So the we went to a concert that wasn't. Church bulletin said the Blackwood Brothers were in town-also heard it on XM radio. Not!!! Went online and found out there were in maine last night!!!!
They will be in NH and CT over the weekend but not MA. !!!
Walk with auintie-wll tell her the exciting news. Yikes-not totally exciting.
When we rent the apt. it will only cost 200 a month for Fl. That's doable. But I'm thinking I won't want to be away so long with Suzanne having a baby.
I could make 90 a day subbing vs 120 a day scoring but I could be at home. But not see my friends. I prayed about it. As it stands now, I won't even have money for Christmas unless I take it out of savings. I have a stash but I want the bathroom fixed-just talking(or Writing) out loud.
Anne-since you moved so many times-that helps with the clutter. How about a trip to TN to help meme-it's a beautiful state.
Slept late-til 4. Went to walmart-huge freezer now in!! Can't wait for that Blue Bunny ice cream for Brad. Hope they stock it. Bye Mima
Old 09-02-2006, 01:30 AM   #65  

Can't believe it's so quiet in here. I'll be leaving tomorrow for the Opryland Hotel and the Grand Ole Opry tomorrow night. Dread it so ... I know I shouldn't ... but ... there it is! Four shows (programs) in 3 days is A LOT to pack in. Mima ... besides Legacy Five - Mark Bishop, The Isaacs, The Perry's and The Booth Brothers will be there. Those are the only ones I know of for sure. Sure wish you girls could come alone ... we'd have a blast! I'll settle to just make it through and get back home Monday evening. My ribs and back are hurting, too, now. I'm a big mess. My ankle is still swollen and I've even had a headache today. It's supposed to be cool so I'm taking pants and a sweater (and lots of Darvocet ... maybe I'll just sleep through the whole thing and they can wake me up when it's over!)

"See" you Tuesday!

http://www.legacyfive.com/Celebratio...0Day%2006.html
Old 09-02-2006, 05:20 AM   #66  

I love the Booth Brothers but my favorite is Signature Sound. The music will make you forget your pains. i wish we had things like that here.
Suzanne and Jon having difficulty. Please pray for them. have fun Meme.
Biggest thing we are going to do is go to the movies and out to eat-Little Miss Sunshine. It's going to rain today and tomorrow.
I sent my application id for substitute teaching. I pray I will be ok-maybe they don't want an old lady.
Still waking up early-it's when Brad gets up to go to the bathroom-I used to sleep through it. Then he goes back to sleep-so much on my mind.
Just finished White-Awesome!!!
Tammy has a day off !! My Aunt called and said her grandaughter is pregnant. Must be the water. She's due in early may-that's why I need to work. To buy gifts!!
Hi Anne-Joanne-Mima
Old 09-02-2006, 05:22 AM   #67  

Meme-you are going to that gorgeous resort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh guys-its awesome!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #68  

Meme, that's great that you'll be able to share your clothes with someone.

Mima, Blue Bunny ice cream is yummy!

We left Thursday for Muncie to go to Ball State's first football game. Actually, we went to see the band since our son is in it. lol Stayed overnight and brought him back with us to get a meningitis vaccine at the health dept. They ran out this summer and just got some in. They would only keep it for 2 weeks, and Friday's schedule for him was good. He stayed overnight, and he'll go back later this afternoon. Good to have him home for a short visit. I know the dog was thrilled to see him.

I think it is time for a short nap.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:24 AM   #69  

I was wondering if you were going to get to see Tim. Brad loves Bluebunny icecream. I sent in my application for subbing. I didn't get a letter to score the test this time=not many people took it. But there is a new company that owns the company that administers the test and there have been some changes. People are womdering. I miss my friends there. But subbimg pays 85 a day and I get to eat and sleep at home. Just wonder if I have the patience.
Suzanne and Jon are having difficulty-please pray for them. I have been a little depressed over the situation. But praying, praying. It's an adjustment period.
We are going to the movies today to see Little Miss Sunshine. It's raining and cold.
I think FL will give me a break but its two months more. Gotta get that apt. done.
Hi Joanne, meme, and Anne. Mima
Old 09-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #70  

Please Don't Post Here. Mima, I Moved Your Post To The Start Of The New Thread.
Closed Thread