Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:42 AM   #16  

Will do! Happy Valentine's day. Brad was funny-gave me these 2 red creatures-from Walmart-that kiss and make a smacking noise and say I love you. And flowers and a funny card. Auntie called yesterday and said she had a UTI and got some med and feels better. But they are going to do more bloodwork-She has pernicious anemia and has to get shoys and take iron. Daughter went to gastro guy-surprise-he thinks she has IBS. My doc says that's what you call it when you don't know but I have it!!!I had red sauce last night and voila. Going to doc at 10-my cough sounds like I have been smoking for years!!! Hey Meme-how's your leg? I am a fan of new cars cuz they keep improving them! But I don't know how you can convincee eyour husband. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:05 PM   #17  

Still got it ... The vein is hard as a rock. I'm putting moist heat on it and taking aleive and asprin and keeping it up as much as I can. About all you can do.

I'm a big fan of new cars, too, but my hubby is just like all the rest. He is in favor of driving them until they won't drive. I noticed him looking at vans in the Nashville paper last Sun., though. I thought I was doomed to drive my last car until the wheels fell off and one Sun. just out of the blue he was looking in the paper and asked me if I wanted to take a drive to Nashville to look at a van. That's how we got the one we have now. So ... Maybe there is hope!

He got me a dozen white roses and silver earings for Valentine's Day ... then he called about 2 hrs. ago and told me not to cook because he was taking me out to eat tonight. (I guess I'll keep him!)
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:31 AM   #18  

That's great, Meme. We ate dinner at home because we had eaten out all weekend and tonight too. Our friends will be here next Monday for 2 days. I went to doc yesterday and got Zithro again-it gives me stomache pains but I didn't remember til after. You only take it for 3 days and it works for 10. I'm already feeling better. Getting the thyroid test Fri-had to beg to get that done. Doc doesn't know how smart we are about what is going on with our bodies but I could be wrong. He thought 97.2 was a good temp. Art today!! Hope Susan is ok Tammy. Mima
Old 02-15-2006, 06:33 PM   #19  

The owner of the shop where hubby works ... his wife is dying from cancer. She hasn't eaten anything for about a month now. Drinks 3 Boosts a day. Then, last night his dad died. I feel so sorry for him. He said his wife is so weak she can't even get the tops off her medicine bottles. And on top of all that ... His son is in rehab ... oxycodone (and anything else he can get his hands on.) Then ... just found out about 20 minutes ago my best friends sister-in-law died this morning. PLUS ... son-in-law had a heart cath this morning. Thank goodness everything was fine with that and he got to come home this afternoon.

Mima ... I'm so sick of eating out. We'll do it again tonight. No time to cook. I've been in town all afternoon and didn't get home until 3:30. Hubby got home at 4. Had customers pulling in the driveway right behind us. Sold 2 trailers and now he's getting ready to go to the funeral home. We're supposed to meet friends afterward to eat. Tomorrow night we have Ross and Jenna to spend the night and we always take them out to eat, Friday night we have another funeral home ... friend's SIL ... we'll eat out then, too, I'm sure. Then Sat. is her funeral so another day shot. Everyone will probably want to go eat lunch after the funeral. We always eat out on Sunday ... it will probably be next Monday before I'll cook again. Don't know if I can take it that long or not!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 05:16 AM   #20  

Good morning-you sure have a full plate, Meme.I remebered this morning that 15 years ago today my previous husband died. My life is so diffferent now from that awful time! The teacher in my encouragement class told her story last night about the day her daughter got hit by a car, her baby had a high temp and her 11 year old son got killed by someone with a rifle. And how she got through it, Then she passed out Psalm 25 15-21 that helped her. Life seems to be full of situations we have to deal with.
Daughter called yesterday and got the job she interviewed for. That's the second time she interviewed for it and many others did too. She will now be making 4,000 less than I did when I retired from 34 years of teaching!!!!!! Course now I would be making a lot more. Going to lunch with a friend, rug cleaners coming. Feeling better. Bye for now, Mima
Old 02-20-2006, 06:22 AM   #21  

Good morning-hey -it's been 4 days since anyone has posted!!! I have gone out to eat 3 times since I last posted!! Our friends are coming to stay for a couple of days and Mike is having a cookout today. Are you on vacation, Tammy? They are up north. I know you have been busy Meme-bye for now. Mima
Old 02-20-2006, 11:02 AM   #22  

Hi all! Sorry to be out of the loop. I've been at the other house most of the past week and haven't been on line.

Adam's sister, Susan, came through her surgery with flying colors. She was out of ICU the next day!! She also e-mailed some people that day! Amazing. Just found out that she can come home later today. The power of prayer!

Sorry to hear about all of the health problems and the deaths that so many of us are experiencing right now.

Bob and I ate dinner at home on Val. Day too. One of my best friends sent me a rose, and the neighbor lady brought cookies over for us. That was the extent of our celebration. lol

I'm not sure where I'll be this week. Back and forth again probably. I'm going through pictures that I found in a closet at the old house. I need to make sure that they are just copies before I get rid of any. Also found stuff that my mother had saved from when she was in high school. She graduated in 1950, so it's been around a while.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #23  

Default Hey There

Hey Everybody- I have been around but just not posting. My son has surgery tomorrow. Prayers please.My hubby and I decided he is a big boy and his wife is the one to be there. They really didn't want a lot of people there. I told him to have his wife call us when she has some news.
Nerves and upsets have had me eating too much. Now I have to take care of me. My hips and back have been giving me a fit. Funny how our emotions work on our physical being..
Sorry to see that I am not the only one in the same boat. My daughter told me her hubby and son have the same colds and she is getting it again. She has had it since November. I hope they get over it before they come down in March.I am pretty much over it. You guys get well.
The weather here could not be much better. I hope it lasts. I want to get my yard back in order. I tried to do a little today but was only able to do a little bit.We still need rain.
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #24  

Joanne, we just made reservations at Disney World in June. We'll be there from the 18th-24th. After that we are headed to Tampa to visit BIL and family. I know you aren't far from there. Would you like a visitor? Meet for coffee or something in June?
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:21 AM   #25  

Good morning-I posted yesterday but it got losst. Our company is here and we are having fun!!! Easy folks to entertain-they pitch in!!!! We are going to Pine Island today and church supper tonight. Siobhan is in remission. PTL-Joanne-how is you son? Mima
Old 02-22-2006, 10:24 AM   #26  

Default Hey There

Mima- My son's wife called and said he went through surgery without any problems. he stayed overnight in hospital and is going home today.
Tammy- June is a long way off,but, meeting somewhere sounds nice. We don't drive in that Tampa traffic anymore. I would enjoy meeting you here in Tarpon Springs if it can be arranged.
I helped outside yesterday and have paid the price with my back. I guess I will just do a little laundry and sit around today.
Hello Everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #27  

Joanne ... glad your son is ok. I know you are relieved.

Raining here. We've had more up and down weather. Hot then freezing cold. Rain then snow and ice. We have to go to GA this weekend so hope it is nice. I dread it. The blood clot in my leg still isn't completely gone. The vein is still hard. But it is getting better. I wish I didn't have to go.

I've been feeling so crappy. Feel like I'm coming down with the flu but I never do get there. I freeze all the time. I've been taking my temperature 3 times a day (morning, noon and night) and it is so low it's a wonder I'm still alive. Don't tell me to go to the Dr. ... my Dr. knows my temp. is always low. It actually hit 96.4 a couple of times this week!!! 'Bout freaked me out. I said, "I must be dead and just don't know it!" It dropped below 97 eight times in the last week. I had hubby check out my thermometer to make sure it was ok ... he was normal. He says something's wrong with me. I said no kidding!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:02 AM   #28  

Low temps are a sign of a low thyroid Meme. I forgot if you are on thyroid med. Boy, we have been having fun with our company, We all went to the curch supper last night and I went to my last class, and so did Ethel while the men stayed for prayer. Out to breakfast this morning. DIL had a false scare and got checked out, Seems like the baby was on her bladder, now they think it's coming earlier. get all your throid levels checked Meme. Glad your son is ok. Joanne. Mima
Old 02-23-2006, 11:37 AM   #29  

That's why I said don't tell me to go to the Dr. because he knows my temp is low - I told him it was always a degree below normal. He checked my thyroid a couple of years ago ... it was borderline low so he did nothing. My temp was only 96.2 when I went to bed last night and 96.4 when I woke up this morning.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #30  

Hi everybody.

Mima - glad you are enjoying visiting with your friends. Hope the baby doesn't come to soon!

Joanne - glad you son came through the surgery ok. I guess the men don't want to be mothered any more - or so they think. Hope you are feeling less sore today.

Meme - I also have a low body temp, but my thyroid test always comes out ok (a little one the lower side of normal, but still normal) I am ALWAYS cold and not just chilly. I have had spells where I thought I had hypothermia and nothing I did got me warm. It just took 4 hrs or so to let it pass. I told the Dr. about it, and he told me it was a fever. I told him it WASN"T a fever as my temp. was low not high, but, as Drs. do, they dismiss what you have to say.

Tammy - Are you still staying at your old house? Is it a lot closer for you to school? I hope you and Joanne can get together for a coffee. That would be really nice.

Sure have had busy days at work the past few days. Been too tired to even come to the board. This is the FIRST day, I can say, I don't want to lay down and do nothing but sleep. We finally had our first real snowfall yesterday. Lots of nice snow, but it is full of water. Great snowman and snowball material, but bad for the old bones. I like the light dry snow. Not as much fun to play in, but sure makes a HUGE difference, pain wise. I am NOT a kid and I DON'T want to play in it

Hope you are all having a good day.

Hi Candice, if you should appear. Hope you are feeling better.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote