Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:48 AM   #46  

Default Hey There

This computer is so slow that I usually don't have the time to post after reading . I sit here with a book waiting for something to happen. I guess when my brother comes to Fl. next month he will find my problem. I hope!
Mima- You seem as busy as Meme. Good luck with the wedding. I did two of them right down to cooking everything except the cakes. When my son got married last spring he used a restaurant and bought his cake. I just enjoyed the wedding.
Tammy- There is always one kid to keep things interesting. My daughter and I are going to one of those Ga. islands next April. My G/daughter may go too. Husbands stay home and take care of each other.
Hello everyone.
Not much to ramble about.. Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:26 PM   #47  

Mima, glad you caught a cat even if it was the wrong one! lol

Hey Joanne! Go to GA over Christmas break and I'll meet you there!!!

Glad tomorrow is Friday. I haven't been sleeping the best, and I'm a bit worn out.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:36 AM   #48  

Maybe next year, when you need to make a decision, all of this will weigh in. I had a run-in with parents in the fall that left me crying. I said that it's not worth it by Dec. Just a thought. Getting wedding clothes for us today. If I can't find a dress, I will wear the one I bought for Mike's wedding 16 years ago=it's very pretty. And doing a big shopping. Going to work on Sun. Boy, that vacation sounds nice, Joanne. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 02:27 AM   #49  

Well ... I'm back. I've done a ton of shopping the last few days. Bought 4 suits and 3 of them will interchange ... tops and bottoms ... 3 skirt suits and one pant suit. Taupe jacket with a black and taupe swirly skirt, black suit trimmed in red with a red silk sleeveless top and a pant suit with black pants and a gray sleeveless top and a gray jacket. I can wear both the taupe and gray jackets and tops with the black suit skirt and black pants so that actually made five outfits instead of 3 and then I got a purple suit and a camel sweater all from Penney's. I got 3 tops and a pair of shoes from Fashion Bug and at Pigeon Forge I got two pairs of pants, gray and white pinstripe and brown and a really pretty black and white paisley skirt (I have several long sleeved black sweaters). And I got a gray sweater made like a suit jacket to go with the gray slacks ... it has flecks of black in it so it will also look good with a black skirt or black pants. I'm all set for fall!

The show at the Dixie Stampede was so good. Karen Peck and New River performed along with several other groups. I got 2 new songs (performance tracks to sing) while we were there. We went to Dollywood Wednesday. Got to tell you something funny. Dr. Ngo ... the rheumatologist ... gave me some killer muscle relaxers. I hadn't taken one until Tues. night so I didn't know what they'd do. I was so tired and stiff from riding and it was so cold in the Dixie Stampede I was hurting ... bad! So I took one before I went to bed at the cabin. We didn't get in bed until nearly 12 o'clock Tues night. Anyway, hubby and I slept in the loft and there was a big whirlpool in the corner of our room ... the others were teasing us about staying up and using it. They were used to me being up all night because I can't sleep, etc. Well, that pill knocked me out cold! But they didn't know that. Evidently the hot tub out on the deck was running or something and kept everybody else awake all night and they all (all except my husband) thought I was up there running water. They asked me the next morning what in the world I was doing all night. They said they didn't sleep hardly any. Just when they would get to sleep, there I'd go making noise. I laughed so hard ... I said I didn't know I was in the world all night long. Here they were down there about to beat me up and I was sleeping like a baby!

Mima ... did you find a dress? I bet you can find someone to make a cake cheaper than that if you'll look around. When my daughter got married I shopped around a lot to get the best prices.

Well ... I've got Jenna and Ross to sleep finally. Got to get some sleep myself before they wake up!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 05:49 AM   #50  

Wow-you had a better shopping trip than I had. I went to Penney's, Sears, and Filenes's-Nothing. Brad got a purple shirt with a purple and black tie to wear with a black jacket and pants-he's going to be cute. I have a beautiful dress that is too dressy-I'll have to lose 2 more lbs and get in the other one. It's probably perfect. Couldn't find shoes or a robe either. I like shopping in FL-so many places to get a dress. I am having big problems with my back. Got to get rid of that. Easy day today. Guess I need to go to TN and shop with Meme. At least I got the paper goods!! Mima
Old 10-01-2005, 09:32 AM   #51  

Mima, isn't it frustrating to know that you want to buy something new and then can't find anything? Yes, I think a trip to shop with Meme would be a good idea! She did great!!

Meme, you are so lucky to have found so many nice things that will interchange with each other. Way to go!!! Glad that you were able to get some sleep even if the others didn't!!! Thinking of your trip makes me want to go away some weekend. Not sure when that will happen. I know we're planning the trip over Christmas break, but I want to go today!!! lol

I'm sitting here in jeans and a sweatshirt. It is actually cold this morning. I sure could have used a pair of mittens at the football game last night. Brrrr!!!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend!!
Old 10-02-2005, 02:31 AM   #52  

My grandchildren were soooo good this weekend. They cleaned my whole house today, upstairs and down. Last weekend, Kaylyn scattered toys all over my basement and left them there ... I'm talking a big toy box, a basket and two other boxes of toys!!! Hubby told her she had to pick them up before she went home. Well, we went to hear a former pastor speak at a revival at 7 and when we got ready to go the basement was still destroyed. No time to pick up the stuff so it was left. He was really mad because she didn't do what he told her to ... my face was still numb on the left side and I was in no condition to clean. Then, when we took them home I fell and sprained my right arm and shoulder so it was still destroyed this weekend. Well, I want you to know, Ross and Jenna went down there today and cleaned the whole thing, picked it all up, dusted, vacuumed and then came upstairs and made all the beds, dusted up here and got a vacuum cleaner each and vacuumed the whole house. I was so proud of them. (When their mom came and they told her what they did she looked at me and said who are these children and what did you do with MY kids?) I gave them $10 each before they left! I now have a blood clot in the bend of my left arm so I'm still not doing too much and I was glad to have the help!!! Hubby wanted me to go to the hospital but my son-in-law is a RN and he said they wouldn't do anything about it but send me home to wait for it to break up. He called it a superficial blood clot. He says it's the ones in the deep veins you have to worry about. This one is in a vein right under the skin and hurts like the dickens. I'm wondering ... "what next." But they say things happen in threes so ... Face goes numb, I fall down, I get a blood clot ... maybe I'm through for a while! Oh yeah ... I forgot one ... I got the bill for my MRI ... $1400!!!

I left out the best part of my shopping - I got all those outfits at Penny's for just over $200, the stuff at Fashion Bug was buy one and get one 50% off and I got 65% off all that stuff at Pigeon Forge except the gray sweater and I got 70% off of it. Ya'll come on over to TN and I'll teach you how to shop 'till you drop!

Gotta get in bed, have to get up early to sing on the radio.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 05:52 AM   #53  

Yikes! That's my kind of shopping. I tried on my dress that I bought in FL and it looks good except for the flab in my arms. So I am just getting a sweater or jacket to match. So I have a dress after all and it's not too dressy but pretty. And I can wear my shoes from my wedding. Suzanne had a second date with a guy from Boston who is really nice. Traveling to work today for only 3 days. Back only hurts in the am. Mima
Old 10-02-2005, 11:09 AM   #54  

Meme, that's wonderful about them taking charge and cleaning things for you!! Send them to my house next please. I agree about things coming in threes. You are done for a while!! Keep that in mind! Your shopping is awesome. Wouldn't it be great if we could all go shopping together some day. Oh my! We would probably get thrown out of places because we'd be having too much fun.

Mima, good idea to wear a sweater or jacket. That will cover the arms that you don't want to show. I need a tent over my whole body because I don't want anything to show!!!! Tell Suzanne good luck with the new guy!! Keep us posted on the relationship.

I think I might go into school later and work on my room. I still don't have things the way I really want them, but by the time the end of the day comes, all I want to do is leave and come home. I used to stay about an hour after school, but we were getting out at 3:00. Now we don't get out until 3:45.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:29 AM   #55  

Just a quick hello. I got the most gorgeous sweater and it was marked down-move over Meme~~~Mima
Old 10-04-2005, 08:32 PM   #56  

You two ladies are awesome shoppers!! Well, I went to Wal Mart tonight and I saved about $20.00 with coupons and the 10% discount. So there!! lol

Tim had his Senior pictures taken tonight. My cousin is a photographer, so we went to him. From looking at screen on the camera afterwards, there will be some very nice ones. It will be hard to choose a favorite.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:24 AM   #57  

I drank too much caffeine yesterday-up at 4. On the net finding the cutest favor-a spoon with 2 hershey kisses covered with net teid with a ribbon and a tag saying-Thank you for coming, with a spoonful of kisses, and lots of good wishes fro Mr. and Mrs.-printed the tags. Have the net and the ribbon-just beed the spoons and candy. I saw gold spoons somewhere. Getting my hair frosted today. Good shopping, Tammy. Oh yeah-just got an e-mail from a friend at church. She has 12 centerpieces that we can use. She is the nicest lady!!!! Going to the couch. Mima
Old 10-06-2005, 05:58 PM   #58  

Mima, the favors sound cool!! You are lucking out on the centerpieces. That's great!

Homecoming parade is tonight. If you blink, you miss it, but I'll go to watch the band. I have papers to grade. Maybe I could park somewhere close to the parade route, grade papers, and then get out when the parade gets close.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:59 AM   #59  

Sounds like a plan! Bride doesn't want the centerpieces-she came up with and idea on her own and she is making them. She is the bride!! They are cute. We are going to have rain for days and my back hurts. I need an xray. But I did sleep. My stomache was so bad yesterday-seems alright today. Bye for now Mima
Old 10-08-2005, 05:56 PM   #60  

I ended up grading papers while I waited for the parade the other night, and I also took the dog with me. That part was a mistake. He cried everytime someone walked past the van. He was much better after we got out to watch the parade.

Mima, what are the centerpieces going to be like?
We had rain yesterday, and it has turned cold. I was on recess duty on Thursday, and it was in the 90's. Yesterday and today, it's in the 50's. Little bit of a difference.

School work awaits me. Need to get it finished so I don't have to do it tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!