Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:20 PM   #16  

One day at a time. That's what Bob has been telling me too. I have been making myself sick over all of this. I guess I should listen. lol

Mima, that 5 pounds should come off fast when you start walking again.

Joanne, I didn't make it to church on Sunday. It starts at 9, and I just wasn't up and moving around good enough to go. We are going to start 2 services sometime, but I"m not sure when. I'll probably go to the later one. When Tim works on Saturday night, I really don't sleep until he gets home, so I'm never rested on Sunday mornings.

Meme, too funny!!! I can just see you trying to get your point across to everyone about what was going on!! Take care of the ankle!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:27 AM   #17  

That is funny, Meme. Joanne, glad you are going back to church. I get such comfort from it. We are going to the prayer service tonight. Tammy, I can see how hard this is for you-I know it would be for me. God's time is not our time. Tomorrow we are going to try to get that cat!! !!!!!!! I only want to do it for Auntie so she will be happy. That has to be the last time for me. I slept almost 9 hours last night!! I heard that walking in the morning does that. But my legs hurt. That last massage wasn't good. Did some sewing yesterday. I am stupid!! Cut out 2 fronts from 2 different patterns!! Adjusted it-guess I am not that stupid!! She is so tiny-I am making a 3. Pants today. Then a denim jumper. Bye for now. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:30 AM   #18  

Mima, 9 hours of sleep sounds nice! Hope the legs feel better soon. You are not stupid! I can barely thread a needle!!!! lol
Old 09-20-2005, 01:28 PM   #19  

How funny ... you woudn't have know if she was coming or going!

All afternoon yesterday the left side of my face felt funny. Last night when I was eating dinner I told hubby my jaw felt weird and the inside of my mouth felt swollen. Then, last night when I went to wash my face before I went to bed, it felt numb. I dried it off and the whole left side of my head, my ear, face, chin and neck was completely numb. I thought I must be stroking out. I couldn't go to sleep ... worried I wouldn't wake up or something. When I laid on my left side it was worse so I finally got laid down on my right side and got comfortable and dosed off. I woke up a little before 7 and got up ... not dead yet. Nothing had changed ... it hadn't gone down into my arm or anything ... no tingling, no drawing, no paralysis ... so I went to the computer and looked up myofascial pain syndrome. The muscles in my left shoulder and the side of my neck are so tight they are killing me. Sure enough, there it was:

Fiobromyalgia (FM) is a common painful and chronic disorder characterized by widespread pain in at least 8 specific areas of the body, including the neck, shoulders, and chest. Other names that are associated with this condition are myositis, myofascial pain syndrome and fibromyositis.

Tight muscles that irritate peripheral nerves causing pain, numbness, tingling sensations, and weakness locally and to distal muscles supplied by that nerve. Tense muscles that impede blood circulation causing local swelling and decreased oxygen to local tissues and tissues supplied elsewhere along the decreased blood and oxygen flow decreasing the ability to repair tissue that has been damaged by everyday use, thus leading to soft tissue injuries Muscle Massage Therapy System Patients with FM need to combine self-care with their health professional care.

So ... I called my Drs. office this morning and told his nurse what was going on ... asked her to make me an app. with a Physical Therapist today if possible to get this worked out because it's killing me. I was prepared to argue with her about it being a stroke ... figured as soon as I said numbness she'd say get your butt in her or go to the hospital one. Well ... she just said, he'll probably want to see you to make sure that's what it is before sending you to PT. Then made me an app. AT 3:15 ... SIX AND 1/2 HRS LATER!!! For all they knew this could have been a stroke and I could be dead by then. I seriously need a new Dr. but there aren't any around here. I called my daugher at the hospital to try and find one but she said there just aren't any! If I didn't need a referral to go to PT I wouldn't even bother going to the app. Won't be going to PT today ... another night of pain!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:57 PM   #20  

Default Hey There

Meme- What happened to ER,I would have been there yesterday.. Hope you have nothing too serious.. Your body may be telling you something. Like you are doing too much..
Tammy- Any news yet?
Hello All. Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:07 AM   #21  

I thought about the ER last night but the lame ER Drs don't know what they are doing so I feel like it's a wasted trip most of the time. I didn't really think I was having a stroke after I calmed down and reasoned it out. I didn't have any other symptoms ... just the numbness and it wasn't really in the right place. But the nurse didn't know that when I talked to her this morning ... for all she knew I could have been dying! He did the right thing after I got there this afternoon, even though it was a little late in the day! He got me in to PT tomorrow, gave me some muscle relaxers and sent me over to the hospital for a MRI. Although, I got up off the table after they had me laying there for over 30 minutes and walked away before they completed the MRI ... I know, I know ... tell me how bad I am. They said they had 10 more minutes to go ... they told me at the start it would only take 20. I told them how bad my back was and that I couldn't lay on that hard table for very long ... they said 20 minutes, max. I said ok but I need something under my knees. They put this little knee thing under them and slid me in. Then she did one vibration and came and rolled me out and yelled at me ... did I have a bobby pin in my hair. I said, no, I told you I didn't. She said well you have something metal in your hair because it showed up on the MRI. I said, no I don't ... I told you ... nothing is in my hair ... must be on your end. So she runs her fingers through the top of my hair, says humph, and pushes me back in and I'm in there for another 30 minutes before they pull me out and tell me it'll take 10 more minutes. I said, get me out of this, I'm done. They said, no you're not, we need 10 more minutes. I said, you'll just have to make do with what you have because I'm not going back in there my back is killing me and I'm getting out of this so get this stuff off me now! That was 5 hrs. ago and my back is still numb in one spot. It hurts all the way down my right leg. You all have been telling me to just say no ... So ... I did!
Old 09-21-2005, 05:56 AM   #22  

I hate those machines-they have one now where you are not closed in. I have had that myofacial thing-massage your face!! Going to my old chiro today. He is great. Then I am going on cat rescue #3. Future DIL wants guest list so we will go over ther tonight. It's getting busy. We offered to help with the wedding. Not open bar!! I said we could get the cake. Suzanne says not to spend her wedding money!! I said you have to get a groom. She's trying. Glad she hasn't gone back with Steve and she shows no signs. She's meeting some wealthy guy from Boston this weekend. She said she wanted to explain our house in FL-the mobile home. I said that we are in a retirement community!!!! We are just ordinary people!!! Bye for now. Mima
Old 09-21-2005, 06:41 AM   #23  

Meme, I hope you have some relief soon! How awful for you.

I'm meeting with the superintendent and the union reps today at 10:30. When the supt. called about the meeting, I told him that I would have to contact my lawyer first. He acted shocked. Duh! Found out that the parents of the boy have put it in writing that they want this nonsense to stop. They want me back in the classroom where I should be. They have contacted school board members too. The principal is even backing me on this one. The supt. is being a jerk. Hmm. My husband going to board meetings, writing letters to the editor, and the Vote No for the levy sign might have something to do with his attitude. Right? This is my 6th day off of school (with pay). A bus driver last year did something similar only she was hitting (not just one flip ) a child with a backpack. She missed 5 days and still has her job.

I don't like MRI's either. When I had my stress test done over the summer, they had to do x-rays something like that. They put a nice sized pillow under my knees so I would be comfortable. Too bad they didn't do all they could to help you out Meme.

Mima, good luck with the cat! Why does she have to explain the house in Florida? Retirement communities are everywhere, and I hope to be looking for one soon!!! (but not too soon)

It's foggy here. School is on a 2 hour delay, so my plans for the sub are totally off. Oh well.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:10 PM   #24  

Here's the scoop from today's meeting. It lasted less than 10 minutes. The supt. said that he wanted to meet again tomorrow. This guys an idiot! Tomorrow is my 7th day off with pay. PLUS they are paying a sub. Unreal. And our district is in a financial crisis. I need to be back in the classroom to get the kids under control. The sub is a nice lady, but she can't handle 4th graders.

Now I have to wait until 10:30 tomorrow.

That's all for now!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:41 AM   #25  

Tammy ... bureaucrats and their red tape. When I worked in the system I found that a lot of school board officials are full of thier own self importance. And one thing that made them feel important was making people under them feel unimportant. I could never understand people like that. I always figured their time would come someday. They like being at the top and making everybody else jump ... problems was (and still is) I don't jump. I just like to get the job done ... don't care if somebody else gets the credit ... whatever. Just leave me alone and let me do my job. (And let me stand back and watch the bureaucrats hang themselves eventually!)

Went to PT today ... evaluation. She said my muscles were horrible. Said my neck muscles were in spasms. Don't know if this is going to help or not.

You guys have got to read Frank Peretti's new book "Monster". I Stayed up until 2 a.m. to finish it ... it was really good!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:05 AM   #26  

I have to say that the massage lady helped me with my neck and back-it seems you don't realize that it gets that way-I guess you just adjust or get used to it. Tammy, sounds like things are going to end ok-those in charge are trying to protect their butts. Hope you are ok.
I went over my future DIL, well step DIL, and am finding more things out about the wedding reception. They need a one day liquor license to BYOB.!!! We are not the ones to get it. Her mother plus help is doing all the cooking. Angela said she was cooking 2 chickens so Brad called up Brett's stepfather to see if he was cooking and yes. We are buying the cake-it's going to be gorgeous, I had one for my wedding, so I offered to get the paper goods to match. Now I am thinking centerpieces, printed napkins. Got to class this thing up. My Baptist husband would like the wedding in the church hall. Without liquor or music, I am leaving when the people start drinking!!!We always joked about what kind of wedding it would be and now it's a reality. Brett's mom is buying Angela a dress and I am taking her to the hairdressers. Yikes!!! Mima ps-the clothes I made for Little Debbie fit her perfectly and WE DID'NT CATCH THE CAT> Someone had fed her!!
Old 09-22-2005, 12:51 PM   #27  

I'm doing much better now. The meeting lasted 10 minutes again. They are putting a letter of reprimand in my file, and I can return to school tomorrow. Thanks for all of your support ladies!!!!

Meme, I agree with you. Let me do my job. I know that I am good at what I do. Some of the board members have never been in a classroom since they were in school, and the supt. hasn't taught for years. I'm just glad it turned out ok.

I haven't read Monster, but I had heard that it was great. I've read some of his other books, and I enjoyed them even though they gave me the willies. lol

Mima, sounds like the wedding is coming together. Have fun with the planning. Too bad about the cat.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #28  

PTL tammy!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 04:40 PM   #29  

Tammy, so glad all worked out for you. It's a shame EVERYTHING has so much redtape attached, anymore.

Mima - When is the wedding? I guess you will just be a little late getting to Florida. Glad you are feeling better.

Meme - I hope that YOU are feeling much better by now. I have NEVER had an MRI, only a catscan and a bonescan. Didn't like the bonescan, as they give you radiation shots first, send you home to drink water for 4 hours and then come back and expect you to lay on a table, when all you have to do is pee Well, AT LAST, you said NO!! I am proud of you

Not much new here. Just fall has arrived in full force. Today it is raining and it is only 39 degrees above, so a little cool. A gal I know from another board, is coming to visit me next week (she is from Georgia) and staying a week. Looking forward to actually meeting her. The net has some nice advantages. I have talked to her many, many times, and have "known" her for over 6 years.

Hope you all have a nice day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:44 PM   #30  

This is my backyard. Just thought I would share this with you. The other picture is of hubby and me, just after we moved in to our new suite.

Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote