Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 02-27-2005, 01:41 PM   #16  

Hi Mima! Yeah, eulac is my user name (it's easy for me to remember and usually no one has ever chosen it on any site). I'm pretty new, as you can see by my number of postings, but I have FMS and a number of other issues so I've been hanging out on these threads. So far the support and friendship has been great.

I went for another walk yesterday with my oldest son, he rode his bike and I pushed the baby in the stroller. I'm not sore or anything right now either so I'm feeling pretty good about stuff. I finished Gullo's "The Thin Commandments" and I feel pretty good about his theories of strategy. I think that's where I've been failing. I can do a diet, no problem, but I don't use any strategies when I face issues with food and I lose every time. In his "Thin Tastes Better" he gives you exercises to work through so you can figure out your problem foods, situations, etc..., which, for me, is good because otherwise I'd just say ALL FOOD is my problem.

I know one thing I have to do, though, is cut back on my work. I'm not a teacher (but I can see where that'd be hard on someone with FMS), but I tend to work about 5 hours plus overtime every week and I can't keep doing that with a new baby and stay healthy. I had to take a psychological day last week and I just piled me and the baby in the car and went for a drive in the mountains. I have to keep myself from getting to that point or I'll definitely have relapses.

I just wanted to also say thanks to everyone for being here.
eulac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 08:13 PM   #17  

Merci, I was relatively healthy until a year ago. Now it is so hard to make it through most days at school, and then still have things to do on the homefront. A friend of mine in Arizona had to quit because her health was so bad. I only have 2 years left until I retire, so I'm trying to hang on. I told the superintendent and the principal that if I felt bad, I was staying home. I really haven't practiced that though. I hate to miss. I know that I am not and can not put forth as much effort as I have for years. I just don't have the strength.

Mima, hope things work out ok for your friend.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:52 AM   #18  

Ericka ... I know exactly what you mean about getting in the car and driving off ... I feel like doing that sometimes, too, and I don't even have little kids at home! I don't do it though, I'm afraid I wouldn't come back!!!

These customers are driving me absolutely NUTS! They pull in the driveway and, if I don't see them immediately, they honk the horn or use the cell phone and call the house. I go out and they stand out there and talk and talk and talk. They walk around and look at every trailer out there. I swear, you'd think they were buying a $100,000 house or something instead of a $700 or $800 utility trailer. Meanwhile, I'm freezing my butt off (or getting wet!) Then they say they have to go measure their tractor or they have to think about it or they have to ask their wife or some such excuse and off they go. Sometimes they come back 2 or 3 times! Then I get the old men who have nothing else to do with their day and tell me their whole life story. And I especially hate it when they call me 'little lady' or 'hon'! Want to smack their redneck faces soooo bad! Or one like the nut last week who bought one on Thursday and decided Friday that wasn't the one he wanted so he called (for the sixth time in three days) and wanted to bring that one back and trade it. I said OK. He came back, I redid all the paperwork, switched trailers and got him on his way. He called back an hour and a half later and said that one "bounced" too much. I said it was a small 'tilt' trailer with NOTHING in it ... what did he expect. He just didn't like the way it 'felt'. I was soooooo sick of this man! (He was a minister!!!) I finally said, "Sir, I tell you what. I have your check here, you just bring that trailer right on back down here and I'll be just HAPPY to give you your check back." I was never so glad to see anybody driving OUT of my driveway in my life! I tell you ... they're KILLING me! I told my husband, when I earn a commission ... I REALLY EARN IT! And the Home Show is next weekend ... he rented a booth in that. My phone won't stop ringing for months after that is over! Then comes the fair ... he always rents a booth in that, too. Kind-of dread this summer. I should probably just take the summer off from teaching! I'm not sure I can handle both! I just finished a devotion on "Longsuffering" not long ago ... guess I need to go back and read it again! Maybe Ericka and I can run away together - just for the summer ... but ... you'll have to leave the babies at home ... even as cute as they are!

I'll show you a picture of my four one of these days (if I can get them all still enough to take a new one!) I have 4 grandchildren: Garrett: 9, Ross: 8 Kaylyn: 7, and Jenna: will be 6 in 2 weeks ... she's 6 going on 16 - while Kaylyn is a tomboy who doesn't like boys - Jenna is a Princess sporting no less than FOUR boyfriends! Below is a picture taken a couple of years ago.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:22 AM   #19  

kaylyn looks just like you Meme..she is the one in with dark hair right? Hitch up one of those trailers and we will all grab on and run away!

Bad pelvic pain form sitting too long..................
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:34 AM   #20  

Candice-go to the urologist!!! I have no pain anymore. Just an opinion!! WE had quite a day yesterday-Sunday school , church, and then out to eat with our new friends. That was the best so far. I feel better today-allergies!! Gotta go to Superwalmart-it takes me a long time because I need stuff on both sides of the store. Meme, when you are selling something, people are a pain. When we were selling the condo, I couldn/t take it anymore so we got a realtor. Hi everyone. mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:50 PM   #21  

A lot of people think Kaylyn (yes ... the one with the dark hair) looks like I do now, but actually, Jenna looks almost exactly like I did when I was her age. I have an 8X10 picture of me at that age and we held it up to her school picture Christmas and the resemblance was uncanny. We could have been twins. My hair was blonde then and I have blue eyes ... hers are blue/grey. I said, "PLEASE tell me I didn't ACT like that!" Everything in her closet is pink (excues me ... pinkT in Jennese) And she is so PRISSY! Hair clips, rings, frills and lace .... that's my Jen! Kaylyn would rather be down on the ground wrestling with the dog! (which Jenna runs from!) I think I fell somewhere inbetween the two.

Can you believe it's supposed to snow here tonight? I'm achy!
Old 03-01-2005, 06:17 AM   #22  

You are too cute, meme. All my grammar school pics were in black and white!!!Yes, you do look alike. My baby pics have the same look as Evan and Alison. I have a weird pain in my left foot-the same kind I had before it was found that I was allergic to dairy. And I have been so achy. Must be careful. I didn't tell you but I went to killer yoga class for 2 weeks. The woman doesn't understand that you go slow with older people. I had a yoga teacher at home that was awesome. I'll have to stick to swimming and walking. There is another exercise class Friday-maybe.
Listen tothis. The two couples that we are friendly with from church keep asking if they can do anything so I asked if they would help with the yard. I certainly can't carry bags of dirt, stone and mulch. WE could hire someone but Brad said it would be a blessing for them. The guys came yesterday and did the job-some of our new grass didn't grow in spots and so we were told to put a little new dirt down. And they also put more rocks in the front and mulch!! And they looked happy to do it. It only took a couple of hours!!!We said we were gong to take them out to lunch next Sunday. They don't want us too but we will.
Doctor's today but Brad can drive. That's a blessing in itself. Our life is getting back to nrmal and the surgery was only 3 weeks ago. It's snowing at home too.Don't miss that. Any school today, tammy. Bye for now Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:15 AM   #23  

SNOW DAYS ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It started snowing yesterday afternoon, and all night I kept hoping that we'd be on a delay this morning. I got my call at 5:45 for the delay. Thought that was great. At 7:30, I got the call that said we are CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm as bad as the kids!!! We don't have as much snow as some places, but the roads are icy. We've only missed 2 days this year, now 3. We are allowed up to 5 before we start having to make up days. I think we'll be pretty safe at this point.

I have Girl Scout cookies in my room at school. Wonder if I should drive to school and get them? I'm hungry for a Thin Mint. lol

Meme, your customers sound interesting! You could write a book about your experiences. cute picture of the grandchildren and you!!

Mima, so nice for those people to help out. You can take me for lunch if they don't want to go, OK?

Candice, go to the doctor. That is an order young lady!!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:42 AM   #24  

THAT'S NOT ME ... THAT'S JENNA AND KAYLYN!!! TOO FUNNY!

P.S.
No school here either ... that means no piano lessons and I don't have Garrett and Kaylyn this afternoon ... Hallelujah!!!

Last edited by MemeToo; 03-01-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #25  

LOL That is too funny! Anyway, they're adorable!

Tim has drum lessons at 3:30 today. I'm thinking about riding with him. Traffic seems to be moving steadily past our house, so maybe he'll be fine without me there to bug him about his driving.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:46 PM   #26  

Default Hey There

Well the Dr appt. was a bust. My col.,trig. and sugar is up. I guess all that valentine chocolate did it. I am back on the red yeast rice and coq10.. I hunted down a discount vitamin store today. I saved about &10.00. Ofcourse ,I was getting the lecture from the hubby. I caught him trying to throw out a lot of stuff in the fridge. I said not on your life. Everything in there is fat free anyhow. More fun!!
You girls enjoy your day or so of freedom.. Winter should be winding down. We should be cool tonight. Low 40's..
Do any of you watch 24 or House on the fox network? I am trying to get my hubby to watch other things besides news stations.. I don't much care for the comedy series. A good movie now and then. They usually come on at 9 pm and he doesn't want to stay up that long..Although he does like the award shows..He ran the projectors in the local movies all through college and many years while the kids were growing and a second job was needed. Teachers in Fl. didn't make a lot of money then, Well, they still don't.So he is real enterested in the movie industryand the actors.
Walked about 2+ miles at the beach today. I hope to do it more often now that the weather is getting better.My sister Mary was with me..She loves to talk about herself mostly.. I don't talk much when I am walking.. I usually go alone with my cd player. It helps to clear my mind.
Tammy- I love those thin mints too. I hope my daughter doesn't buy a bunch from her students. They usually end up at my house. I have no control..
Meme.- I would not be so nice to picky men..
Mima-Nice to get back to normal. Before you know it you will be staying down here 9 minths out of the year. That is what my sister has started doing.. She may only go back for a month or so this summer..
Hello everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 04:25 AM   #27  

Joanne ... I like to watch all the CSIs ... except CSI:NY ... I don't like that one. I like CSI, CSI:Miami and NCIS ... I also like Without A Trace and Judging Amy. I don't think I know the two you mentioned. I'm not crazy about sitcoms ... they aren't as good as they used to be. I kind-of like Raymond and Two-and-a-half Men. I loved Friends when it was on and still watch the reruns. I'm not really into reality shows but I just recently started watching The Amazing Race, Fear Factor and Survivor some ... mainly because there isn't anything else on! But the new show that has really caught my attention comes on Friday nights at 9 (here). Numbers. It's really good! We'll have all 4 of the rugrats overnight on the 12th and the movie Pacifier is coming on here the 8th. It looks like it might be a good one to take them to.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:43 AM   #28  

Default Hey There

Meme- I watch the csi shows too although I haven't seen the NY one.It is cool here today. I am in the middle of washing clothes. I remember the days when I had to do the family wash on a rubboard..Then you hang them all on a line,then everything had to be ironed..Very few remember those days.
Hello everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #29  

Hi guys. I think I am finally starting to get over this flu. Have been on antibiotics since Friday, and that has really helped get the cough under control. Just still really tired.

I like CSI and NCIS, but I don't like Miami or New York CSI. They are to darn gory for my taste. I much prefer the Law and Order shows.

Meme - I started watching the Amazing Race about 3 series ago and I quite enjoy it. That pulley thing they slid down last night looked like a lot of fun. The kids are sure growing. I can't believe that Ashley will be 7 here in April. Time sure goes fast.

Mima - I hope you are feeling better and not letting the anxiety get to you to much. This, of course, make IBS worse as well as FM and probably every other thing. Brad is coming along wonderfully well.

Joanne - Glad you are able to get out walking again. That is nice. I have just felt so crappy for the past 2 months, that I haven't felt like doing one thing. I need to get busy.

Tammy - I hope you enjoyed your snow day. We don't have those here, or they would be closed all winter

Hi Candice - I hope you have been to see the Dr. about that abdominal pain again. It shouldn't be there unless there is a reason.

Everybody enjoy the evening. I am going to watch American Idol.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:45 PM   #30  

The snow day was great! Last night about 10:30, I received a call that we were on a 2 hour delay for this morning! That was nice knowing ahead of time. I know there were lots of accidents on the icy roads. At least in the daylight, you can see the bad spots.

This was a no break day at school, so I was pooed out at the end of the day. I go back to the surgeon in the morning, so I had to stay after to get things ready for a sub. Hope the kids behave! I'll go in at lunchtime, so I'll get to talk to the sub before he/she leaves.