Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-21-2004, 03:02 AM   #31  

Meme..that dog needs drugs! No kidding, some animals just like people need to be on prozac or something....we had a cat with severe anxiety and was on meds, we still have her but keep her in a room all by herslef and she is fine with no meds...that was the options they gave us to calm her down, a comfy cozy small room all to herself! Hummmm, maybe that's what we all need!

As for the sleeping thing, I got off schedule when DH got his sleeping machine cause I was evidently keeping him awake so I have to sleep when he not in the bed cause we only have one bed that is comfy enough for me to sleep in. Anyway I am a night person...much more mentally aleart in the evening hours. If I had enough light outside I would be gardening all night long Lots of times I'm out there with a flash light!

Mima....my pedometer seemed like it counted alot too but I used it on the TM and outside and it is pretty accurate. Of course it counts when I take my pants down too, for the potty you know........ 6000 today. I have 3 pedometers now and like the talking one the best

Last edited by Candicej; 07-21-2004 at 03:06 AM.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:32 AM   #32  

Hi-it was the middle of the night when that alarm went off. ok , I'll try it again today. They are coming tomorrow to stay in the camper-son-and Al is going to be in the house to sleep. So many stairs. I haven't held him since last week-Evan. went out last night for Brad;s birthday-we had a 50$ gift certificate left from our wedding and we still pd 35 more-but it was wonderful. I had the mixed grille-steak, duck, and shrimp. huge salad. WE are having the leftovers for dinner. Labs are NUTS. But loveable. I still have scars on my arm when I took care of my son's lab for 2 years when Bobby was in school. Now the poor dog is blind. Bobby says he still runs to the window when he pulls up. But we had a choke chain!!!!!!They are very stubborn. Oh yeah-I still have problems with my ankle from when I fell down going outside to get the dog-twisted the run around my legs. Bye for now. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:28 PM   #33  

Well, the tummy shots are done and we're trying to get back to life. Packed a picnic lunch today and took off for a state park. Took a half hour walk there (to the bathrooms and back to our spot) and basically sat there 3 and a half hours and communed with nature (well, I read through two magazines too). Very relaxing. Busy day tomorrow and dh is planning to go golfing (!!!!) I'm planning to go to the pool and hopefully relax a bit more. Will be going to dd's over the weekend to babysit and then again next weekend for the little one's 4th birthday party. So tired on these anitbiotics. Bleah!
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:54 AM   #34  

Glad you're getting some rest, Anagram. I layed back down for an hour this morning but that's all Ross would let me by with. Then I had to go to town and the rest of the day was a total wash out. Had to do a lot of running around and didn't get a whole lot accomplished. I hate days like that! Then had to pick hubby up at the mechanics where he left the truck ... then take him back to get it and on to church and then out to eat with friends.

Tried again to get a family to take the dog off my son's hands ... they're thinking about it. I told them if it was me I wouldn't have the psycho dog but the man just laughed and said what did I expect ... she's a LAB! I said, I'll just keep my golden ... they're a lot calmer and do what you tell them!

MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:02 AM   #35  

Meme, you and Sammy look great!

Mima...when did your hurt your ankle? Dinner sounded great, can't believe you still had a gift certificate left! I be Brad would ot mind if that rooter crowed every time you wanted sex in the middle of the night!

Anna..hope you got some rest and did I miss something? What are you on antibiotics for??????

Ok....cleaned out the bedroom drawers(found my sexy nighties but am not telling DH!) this morning before I went to bed, then got up watered, got supper, mowed, brushed the cats swept the cats room and now laundry. Just at 5000 steps but it may be more since I take off my pedometer when I mow. Stomach bloated hate that feeling..Mima knows..don't ya!
Old 07-22-2004, 06:31 AM   #36  

I know about the stomache-it's getting better. I am so upset-had a senior moment and ran over the d---- septic system cover with my car and have a huge dent in my front bumper. Brad was not too happy. and I'm not either. Who should I blame-driveway guy because he's not done and we have to park on the grass-Brad, because he keeps saying he's going to replace the covers and make them flat. I know what to blame-stress. The funny thing is that I just took off a bunch of debris left there when I ran over it last year but only wiped out the planter. Can't see it when you are driving=just have to know it's there. Mike is coming this afternoon . Told him that they could stay in the house and we could stay in camper. He's thinking about it-just think it would be easier with Evan, Resting by the pool sounds nicxe. That dog is so cute Meme but I know what they are like. Funny lab story-one morning I was getting ready for work and looking for one of my shoes. I was talking to the dog-who used to ruin all my shoes-showed him the shoe-he wanted to go outside and he came back with my other shoe!!!! It was in the bushes in front of the house. I wonder who put it there. Ha!!! Another time he brought home a package of rolls in cellophane and then a little while later brought another package. I had to stop letting him run because he scared the walkers-on man was going to stone him and reported me. But now he's blind. And only 7 years old. Have fun Meme. Glad you are feeling better Joanne. Feel better Anagram. Stay home Meme. Mima Go to bed Candice !!!!Ok tell me to stay in the house.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:25 AM   #37  

Default Hey There

Meme- That Lab might settle down after someone fixs her.. They are always wild at that age..We had a dog cage so when my sons lab got too bad we just put him in for awhile.. Ofcourse he locked him in his back room porch and went to work. When he came home the dog had eatten the blinds. There wasn't a piece larger than 1 inch. Then he left him in the house one day and he shredded to couch pillows. The cage works better.They are a lot of work till about a year...They have to know who is in charge...
Anagram.. Nice to hear your hubby is better and yopu are getting some down time .Enjoy it...
Mima is real busy with that new baby...
Candice.. The sexy night gowns will get you in trouble.. Ofcourse,it might change your hubbys sleeping habits..
Tops tonight. I might slip by if I am lucky...It is harder staying within goal than you can imagine...Sometimes I get real tired of all the control I put myself under..
Hello everybody.

Bye...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:29 AM   #38  

Joanne...I know what you mean by hard to stay on program! The first two years it was pretty easy for me then I started doing my baking again which I gave up when I started WW. Now I fight everyday to not gain and still have not lost my Christmas weight, seem to lose the same 3 pounds over and over again! I do not like my clothes tight on my waist even though I fill out my bras and pants better with a few more pounds on me!

Just got back form the local store and made it home without any donuts even though they were putting the hot ones out! Watered and weeded the garden area and it was so hot and humid I wanted to roll in the mud! I had my hands in the cool cool mud pulling weeds and it felt so good! No wonder pigs like it! Not sure what I am making for DS for supper Saturday night......our other son has to work so just the 3 off us. Want to make a new WW recipe for a banana peach smoothie recipe but the directions are unclear. Here is the url for the recipe http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/r...recipeId=65091

Mima....anyone could have done that...I would be mad at myself too but I can see me doing it...I hit a concrete post with the gauge wheel on the mower last week and it really bent it almost rubbing the tire...DH was very unhappy with me!
Old 07-23-2004, 08:17 AM   #39  

Well-they are all here so I can't think about my dent. We slept in the camper-gave them the house-and it really worked out well-we live in the camper in FL so...Jill, Alison and I are going to the Tea Room for lunch. And Evan is staying home with his Daddy. That baby is sooooooo cute-he likes tv and Sesame St. And we have a 60inch screen. Having about 40 people tomorrow. Yikes!!!!And it's supposed to rain but Brad is putting up a tarp. And we have a huge livib=ng room. The dog is so funny-he keeps licking everyone. Driveway done. It's awesome. Bye for now-Mima
Old 07-23-2004, 11:58 AM   #40  

Mima Sorry about your car ... the dog I'm holding in the picture (or half holding ... she's nearly as big as I am) is not the lab I've been talking about ... that's MY dog ... Sami. She's a golden retriever and she's as gentle as a lamb. I wouldn't take anything for her ... she's a sweetheart! #1 Son finally came and got the Psycho Dog yesterday evening - thank goodness!!! Joanne ... I don't know if they are going to have her fixed or not ... or even if they are going to keep her ... she's so nuts!

40 people, a dog and rain ... can't imagine that combination right now the way I've been feeling!

Staying on program? ... What program? I HATE programs!!! They never did work for me. I've tried almost every program out there and some of them worked for a few weeks and then I either stopped losing or I started gaining back a few pounds no matter how 'good' I was. I've spent hundreds (probably thousands over the years) of dollars and no telling how much time 'counting' and always wound up gaining back everything I lost. It all boils down to - "If you eat more food than the amount of energy you use you will have excess weight on your body." I think once we get that concept into our brains and just REALIZE that, we have practically won the battle of the bulge. And ... I think most of us KNOW how much food we are putting into our bodies without having to count it out, measure it and weigh it. I'm 57 and I've counted and measured and weighed my fair share of food - enough that I can practically look at a plate of food and tell you whether it's enough or too much for me to eat. Since I stopped "dieting", I've lost more weight than I've ever lost on any diet I've ever been on and I eat pretty much whatever I want ... just not nearly as much as I used to eat.

Candice ... I thought that pie recipe looked good ... what was wrong with it?
According to the directions you just: Slice a banana into the pie crust, Mix the pudding, Puree the peach and stir into the pudding and pour that over the sliced banana, chill and then put slices of peach and nutmeg on the top. I may make that this weekend but I think I'll use sugar free, instant pudding since hubby is diabetic... yummmmmm! (you better get rid of those peachy nighties!!!)
Old 07-23-2004, 09:54 PM   #41  

That pie sounds delicious. Mima, are you planning a week in bed after all this activity?

I had TWO naps this afternoon and am feeling somewhat less stressed. Dh played golf yesterday and plans to go again on Monday. Must have given him supercharged blood this time.

Heading down to babysit over the weekend and then again the next. Will need all the rest I can get again next week ;-)
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 08:08 AM   #42  

Well, it's still raining but it may clear a bit-I am going to get my hair cut at 8:30 and then come back to cook a bit. Brad is the one that is so stressed-he worked all day to clean the yard-his nephew didn't show up til late but they got a lot done, just didn't finish. Then we had to shop-I should have asked Mike to go with me-why didn't I? Evan was up half the night-but I was out in the camper. We had thje lab fixed but it didn't make any difference, sorry to say. Went to the tearoom for lunch with Jill and Al-it was good. Another woman from TOPS was helping out in the kitchen. Glad you got some rest Anagram. We will have 3 days to rest after they leave and then we go to a mission conference. And then I go to work for 4 days-then 3 and then the missionaries will be here. Don't quite see any rest til the middle of August. Bye for now Mima
Old 07-24-2004, 01:31 PM   #43  

Mima - glad you are enjoying the baby. Tea sounded nice. Hope your party goes off well today and that the rain holds off.

Anagram - glad hubby is doing well. ENjoy looking after those grandkids.

Joanne - hope you are feeling well.

Meme - busy as ever. Too bad your kids can't see how tired you are and how much pain you are in. They expect waaaaay to much out of you. You may look younger than you are, but your body is defeating you. They need to realize this. It takes years for kids to see their parents as getting older. It is the staminia that leaves, unfortunatley. As they say "The mind is willing but the body is weak". It is so true.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 01:01 AM   #44  

WHO SAID MY MIND IS WILLING???
MORE WEAK I'D SAY!!!
Old 07-25-2004, 07:51 AM   #45  

Good morning!! What a great party we had-so many people and so sociable-Evan slept through most of it. So much food and leftovers !!! Gotta freeze some of the desserts because.......Gotta get ready for church -Bye Mima-and the sun came out.