Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-28-2004, 11:21 AM   #46  

Just slipping in to say "hi". Hope you all have a good day.

Deb - good idea to go to the surgeon and then go from there. Hope your body adjusts to the meds and that you feel better.

Angel - busy as usual. Hmmm, candy on a diet! I want THAT one

Laura - A couple of weeks will be fine. I will leave it up to you and you can let me know when you are able to do it. I am very happy that your friend e-mailed you again. I guess, sometimes, in our haste we make a mistake. It is now over and done, so you just move forward.

I am also trying to lose those 10 pounds. I don't know why I can't seem to lose an ounce!! It is very frustrating. I would like to lose about 50 pounds, but even 10 would be nice.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:21 PM   #47  
stirfried

Default weight loss

Canuck
Hey. I knoe what you mean. I am still having problems trying to lose at least 1-2lbs aweek. I have seen people start a diet and after the first 2 weeks that have lost anywhere from 4-10 lbs, I mean just on a low fat low cal. plan. But not me. Last year I tried this same plan and I didn't lose a lb. I was so upset. I am doing a little better this time, but my calorie intake is between 900-1000 and I know I should be eating more but if I do I won't lose at all. Like I said I have lost about 3lbs so far since the Sunday before last. And even that loss flucuates between 187-189 because of water weight that I usaully hang on to every day. So I'm not even losing the first of the feww water weight one loses when one has started to diet. I will keep on going. I am working out at least every other day either by my rider machine with some pilates and resistance adding up to 20-30 min. or if I don't do that then I try to walk at least 10-15 mins. Mostly I have been trying to stay on my rider with pilates and resistance exercise. Just keep it up anne, Try either to eat less fat and calories like me for a while along with some kind of workout. That is the only thing I can suggest. You wouldn'think 10 lbs would be that hard to lose. I know I can't continue eating the the way I am with only 900 calories a day. but 8its working for now. I eat a lot of watermelon as snacks and plums too.
Laura
stirfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:41 PM   #48  

Laura - I was on WW for 6 months and lost 9 pounds!!!! That was mostly in the first couple of weeks, then zippo. I stuck to it faithfully. I did do Atkins and I lost for the first couple of weeks and then nothing. I tried South Beach, and that made my heart get into an irregular rythum, and I take a med for Arrythmia already! I am now on a low fat, low carb diet, that has 1100 calories a day, and a little fruit. I find it fairly easy to stay on it and it seems to be pretty sound. At least my heart is behaving

It is a source of frustration when you try so hard and nothing happens. I have been walking lots. Yesterday did about 8500 steps. If nothing else, the muscles should tighten up; the only problem is the arthritis in the lower back and hip kicked in and caused a lot of trouble. If not that then the FM. I have NEVER had a weight problem before I started with all these dang meds, so I have to assume it is caused from them.

I will keep slogging along, just like everybody else. Hope we are all "losers"
Old 07-29-2004, 09:51 AM   #49  

Default Hey There

Happy- There is no doubt that meds will keep us from losing weight like we want to. If we keep slugging away it will come off even if it is slow. I think the key is to not give up. I have been fighting this battle for many years. I am one of those people that if I go out one time to eat something different I know I will gain. There is no telling how much fat and salt is in the foods.At least at home I can regulate it. I give myself one free day a week. It takes some of the boredom away.
I have my sons dog for the weekend.. We feed him and take him out 4 times a day..About all he does is sleep till he sees us eating. He comes to attention then! Too bad! I don't give him anything extra. I don't need anything else to clean up...We lock him out of where we are eating..No problem then.
Tops tonight.. my night to give the program. I am getting better.It seems that there is only 4-5 of us willing to do it.. I know a lot of people work,but, how hard is it to find something on the net or paper to pass on to the group..At least they are still coming to meetings. Enough!!
Bye for now...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 08:48 AM   #50  

Hope everyone is feeling well today. I'm really in a low mood lately. Don't know if it's my health, the house situation (which is the pits!), or other problems going on. Can't seem to shake it, though. I don't have the heart to do anything. I'm not on pc much, or anything. I lay on the bed a lot, sometimes sleep. Wish I could shake myself out of it, but it's been 2 or 3 weeks going now, & I don't seem to have much control of it. I suppose as long as I realize there's a problem, I can still fight it. Just don't know how. We've been living in this house under construction for almost 2 yrs now. No curtains, bedspreads, my angels (which always cheer me up). I think I'm really needing to have a real house. Oh well...........

We're suppose to go to my daughter's the week of the 9th to lay her kitchen tile. They have a motor home at the beach....Gulf Shores...& we're planning on going on there for a few days. I hope the weather is pretty. We really need a few days away.

Hey, of course, all of you can join in on the 10 lbs challenge! I'm afraid I haven't done so well. If my swimsuit is going to look decent on me, I've got to get serious.

I'll probably start a new thread the next time I post, since we're on the 4th page, so be looking for it. Hope all of you have a good day.

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:34 PM   #51  
stirfried

Default Hi

Anne
That is kind of the diet the I am on. I using everything Low I can Fat caloorie, and carb. I got it out of this fitness book. It talks about the importance of the low glycemic foods or low carb, along with low cal, and low fat. This one sounds about the same as yours. It is pretty easy to stay on it, I love all the fruits I can have. so I'm not really craving the sugars, or anything really bad. I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 186, So that 4-5 lbs I think. So I am sticking with it. I do give my self I day to splurge a little.

I think I was right about that guy I email He hasn't written back for 3 or 4 days, and he use to write daily. It sounds like he protested too much, I can't figue out if not my weight, Then why hasn't he wrote back. I wrote I note to him. saying that I guess he was busy, and to say hello. If he doesn't write back soon. I am going to just forget him. He's not even worth my time to even email ever. Not even to tell him to get lost. Oh well, You win some you lose some.
Anne,
I hope your 10lb loss is going to get easier for you. Good luck, by August 7 we can all say hgow much we gained or hopefully lost.

sw
cw
gw
Laura
Old 07-31-2004, 03:23 AM   #52  

Started new thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/newt...newthread&f=14
Old 07-31-2004, 09:25 AM   #53  
stirfried

Default How is everyone

Hey guys,
I'm here I guess I 'm the first of us to post. So I hope you all have a great Sat.
Laura
Old 07-31-2004, 09:28 AM   #54  
stirfried

Talking I was wrong

I thought I was the first to post on the new thread but guess not,becauce I'm still getting posted on this old thread.

Laura