Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-01-2004, 11:59 AM   #16  
stirfried

Default I still here

Hi girls,

I feel like you, I haven't been here posting, but I try to, Just so many things going on right now.
I have been on the phone talking to my friend. We have a lot of catching up to do. My aunt also my roomie is in the hospital nothing bad. She had her gall bladder removed. So I guess its bad for her. She had to have the long incision not the laproscopic one. I had that surgery when I was 26.. I dont remembering it hurting that bad,except when moving around. I guess my aunt being older than I was has a lot to do with it. Also everybody handles pain differently. The morphin isn't working well. The docs say its because of the high amount of methadone she takes regularly, (3 10 mgs. 3 times a day). I feel bad for her.I not trying to minimize her pain. I know she is really hurting.
So what are you up to? I see there are some new people here. I just want to welcome you to our little group. You will love us. WE do,LOVE us
Deb,
So I will introduce myself to you. I am Laura or stirfried. Once you get to know me better you will see how perfect the name stirfried is for me. Do you have R.A. or O.A., Or some other anti immune disease. Its okay if you don't. In fact I am hoping you are not ill at all. I know that sounded stupid; Anyway.. How mu8ch weight are you trying to lose, and what diet and excersize plan are you on. Me I am trying to do Atkins, You see the word {TRYING} not alway secceeding. I have lot but not alot since I started trying to lose weight from way back in DEC. of 03. I started doing a version of Atkins in May. I have lost only 11 or 12 lbs in 2 months. I need butt glue so I don't fall off the weight loss wagon. Nice to know you,and thanks for your response about my friend Connie.
] Pam
How is it going? Aren't you about to get ready to leave for ct,. for your sons wedding. How old is the baby. I have a six year old grandson and I just adore him. He is my little bud, thats not his name its Brady. He's visiting his dadf out of town for the summer ans I miss him so much!! He is my little My life seems without him. I know I sound like a grandmother
[/COLOR].
Anne
How are you? What part of Canada are you from?
Graphics next subject: I got confused after I went to that iparenting web page. I did not understand how to do it. I know me and I did not take enough time to really try to figure it out on my own. I don't have alot of patience. Can you Help me?? Please!! All of your graphics are so nice, Yours and Angels both. I really want to know how to do it. Should I buy a graphic program , What Kind would I get?
Angel,
Hi how are you doing? Are you alright? Your post said your have been going thrugh alot. Well I hope everything is alright.
You are right about the Drs mis diagnosing my friend Connie. She is showing signs of nerve damage behind her eye, Just one though. But none on her spine. thanks for the reply..
Do you guys know what M.S. is and how it affects the nerve? All I know is that we have a covering around the nerves called mylien or something like that; when you get M.S. it attacks the covering and exposes the nerves, I guess thats caused you to begin to lose function in the spine so a person can't feel or move much at all or it can effect the eyes. I really do not understand it all, but I guess it attacks women mostly between the ages of 20 to 40. It usaully takes time before you notice anything like numbness or tingling It can take years before you end up in a whellchair. With Connie she said her legs felt funny the night before, and the next morning she coul not walk at all. In fact she was alone with her then infant daughter, so I she had to get herself on the floor and push herself to check on the baby, then manged to get a phine. I bet she was so terrified. I really am glad I found out where she was. We have known each other since the 7th grade.

Joanne D.
How are you feeling? I hope all is well with you. I am starting to have some pain so I guess I will have to say goodbye.
Old ageie, Is that spelled right?
I want to say hello to you to Hope you are feeling good.

You should see me trying to type I am hitting all the wrong letters its getting frustrating.
Take care you guys. I hope you are having a no pain day..

Laura

Yo know ? I don't even care that this post did not come out perfect. I am so tired. Take care
Love laura

Last edited by stirfried; 07-02-2004 at 01:35 PM.
stirfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:29 PM   #17  
stirfried

Default where are you

] Hi,
Where are you girls. I posted yesterday and I see no one has posted at all since, it looks like since the 30th of june. Is this right? Or are you guys just busy?
Oh well, I am here all by myself on this page with no others posts. I hope everything is alright with you.

Hello... Anybody here?

Well I will be back later
Take care everyone
Laura

Last edited by stirfried; 07-02-2004 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:44 PM   #18  

Hi Laura. I seems like everybody is busy. Pam is getting ready to go overseas; Angel is gone until Monday or Tuesday. I was busy. Yesterday was Canada Day, so it was a holiday. Hubby was home and we were out.

This thread has been moving pretty slow the past couple of weeks. Hope it doesn't die.

Laura, I asked you this before. Do you have MSN or YAHOO installed on your computer and do you have a headset or microphone? That would be the easiest way to learn graphics. I could walk you through it. You do NOT need any special program to get started. I use PaintShop Pro, because another group of ladies with FM and chronic pain, decided to get into it. We make some of our own images etc. You can get many "snags or snaggables" through the net. Just type that into Goggle and lots of site will come up.

When you see an image you like, RIGHT CLICK on it, and choose SAVE PICTURE AS. I don't know how much you know about computers, and making files. You will need to make a file to put your graphics in.

I hope you are having a good day and I will be happy to help you out with graphics. Whenever you are ready, let me know.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:38 PM   #19  

Hi All,

Sorry I missed you the other day Stirfied. Especially after that nice long note! Good luck on the graphics thing.....I don't have that much patience. Some teacher I am.....I'm a poor student. lol.

Hmmm, guess I should introduce myself to you too, Stirfried. I don't have RA or OA. I've got a nasty back injury that I'm trying to recover from. Scratch that....it's been 3 years - think this is as good as it gets. I need to lose about 150lbs......or my evil twin as I like to call it.

I'm not really following a plan. I really need to though. Back has been getting worse the last few weeks. Need to do something before I end up in a wheel chair. Just wish it was easier, you know? Saw Dr. Phil once say that being overweight is not natural.....that you have to work to be overweight. Odd way to think about it but guess it's true. I tried the Atkins diet a few years ago......did pretty good on it but once I went off the diet the weight came back. You might want to take a look at the site...lowcarbfriends.com......it's a good source of information and recipes.

No plans for this weekend. I'm going to try and stay cool while I finish the baby quilt I've been working on. It's all embroidered, even the back has the baby's name and date of birth, but I just can't seem to sit down and finish it. Worst part is that my sister is now pregnant and I'll have to start a new one! lol. If any of you are into stamped cross stitch check out ebay - there are some great deals on there!

Well, I hope everyone has a great 4th! and 5th! lol. Take care......

Deb
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:57 PM   #20  
Hang In There

Hi, I'm popping in again to see what is going on with all of you. I've had a pretty good week. Two weeks ago I signed up for a weigh loss program at a Wellness clinic. So far I haven't lost much weight, but I am feeling a lot better. These sessions start out sitting in a chair that massages you all over from the feet to the head, feels wonderful. Then you listen to a hypnosis tape and it is followed by an accupuncture session. As I said I've only lost 1 pound, but the massage chair is WONDERFUL

Nothing much is going on around here. What part of Texas was Charlotte comming to? Dallas has just set a record for the most rain, and the most consective days of rain in history. Luckily it's over now, and we should have a dry weekend, and holiday.

I have dazzled the people on the other threads I post on with all the fun graphics I've picked up on here. Laura, just hang in there, and one day it will click! Well, I'd better get up and see about getting some supper fixed. Not Fun!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:06 AM   #21  
stirfried

Default Hey

Anne,
I have msn and yahoo both. I know a little about computers and I know how to save as, I least I thought I did. I did it a couple of days ago,but can't find the file. I have all kinds of pictures saved in my documents under my pictures. So I really want to learn. Anything you give me to try and learn, I will do it. Thanks

Young grasshopper,
I am sorry to hear about your back. It sounds awful and painful.
You really do need some kind od plan to lose, of course I am sure you know this. You might try the Low Carb again. It doewn't have to be as strict as Atkins is,as least as far as the first 2 weeks go. I did try to do the 20 carbs od less and did lose about 10 lbs,but then I end up goingoff it for a feww days and gained part of it back. But it seems to be working for me. Not having to follow it day by day I am still losing but very slowly. In about 2 months I have lost maybe 10 -13 lbs. I know that is not much but I figure its better than no weight loss. This way I am losing anywhere between 1 and 2 lbs a week I guess thats pretty normal. sometimes its not even that much. Good luck to you

age oldie
Your wellness clinic sounds great. Even though you haven't lost much it sounds like you are really getting something good out of it.
I am going to continue to learn about the graphics. There are so neat ans some are so pretty,I can hardly wait to learn

Well I have to go. If I stay on too long I start to get stiff and pained.

Laura
cw
gw
135-140

I may I have lost 1 or 2 more lbs but I have been off my diet for 2 days,not bad though.

Take care all
stirfried
Old 07-05-2004, 10:09 AM   #22  
stirfried

Default Oh yeah

young grasshopper,
I forgot. Welcome to our little community. I hope you enjoy it here as much as we do.

Laura (stirfried)
What is your real name if you don't mind me asking?
Old 07-05-2004, 11:00 AM   #23  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody.. All my company have gone home ,so, it is time for me to catch up. I have been doing laundry for two days.
I jumped off the boat a few days ago and the water was shallower than I thought. I am limping around . My knee will probably need an injection if it doesn't get better.My neck is still bothering me too.
I hope that all of you are doing well and having less pain.
Back to regulating my food intake.. What a deal ,as my brother always says.
Bye for now...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:04 PM   #24  

Good morning to all of you. Hope your day is going well.

Laura - I would be happy to help you. When you are ready let me know. We can hook up on MSN or YAHOO as it is easier to walk you through it. It isn't hard, just a little confusing at first.

Deb - hope you are feeling better. We all NEED to lose this weight once and for all. I need to get motivated as well. I am starting to count calories instead of following all these plans that tell you to eat when your hungry. It isn't working for me.

Ageoldie - that new treatment your doing sounds WONDERFUL. Good luck with that. Hope it helps your pain out as well as your diet. Anything we do that can help us relax is a plus.

Joanne - you have been hard on yourself again!! Hope your knee feels better. Maybe you need a shot of cortisone in your neck as well as your knee. You really do need to go see about it.

I am going to go join our Recreation Center today and see if I can get motivated to get moving. I am taking my disc player and my runners and going to get busy walking.

I did end up in ER last night, after slicing mythumb on the lid of a tincan. The Dr. didn't want to stitch it, as he said I would lose the nerve sensation in the end of the thumb, and I would end up with a tingling, numb sensation. So, they put Steri-strips on it and bandaged it up. Also, they gave me a Tetnus Shot, so I won't get lock jaw, I guess Be terrible if I couldn't talk or eat!!

Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 01:52 PM   #25  

Default Hey There

Happy- You know I am always harder on myself than others. I sliced my middle finger to the bone while cleaning fish one day a few years ago. I didn't go to the Dr. ,but, I taped it together and wrapped it. It has always been numb and tingles . So I guess it doesn't matter one way or another. I had particles coming out of it for ages. I am watching my weight carefully for the remainder of this week. Too many temptations this past week.
Hello Everybody....Joanne
Old 07-07-2004, 09:17 AM   #26  

I'm back! Physically, anyway. I think I could sleep for a week.

We went to Dallas, Paris, & Gaines Texas. Also, went to Oklahoma (forgot where), for an outdoor singing. We had a good time. I missed posting to you all. Connie took her laptop, but, never could find an access number that wasn't long distance.

I'll be back later. Have a great day.

P.S. This thread WILL NOT die!!

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 07:14 PM   #27  

Default Hey There

Angel- It is nice to get away, but If you are like me it is nice to get home and in your own bed.. It usually takes me a day to get it together.
Tops tomorrow.. I can only hope to be on goal. And that is ok. No matter what I do I can't seem to get lower. I have no intentions of starving myself for another 5 lbs. I wouldn't mind another 5 lbs off,but, I can be satisfied with what I have.
No we won't let this thread die.. If some of the lurkers would like to join us they are welcome...
Bye for now...Joanne
Old 07-08-2004, 08:40 PM   #28  
Hang In There

Angel, why didn't you call me when you were here in Dallas? glad you had a great trip. I guess Pam is over here now, although CT is a long way from Dallas. I never will forget the first time My DH's family came here from England. They came to Dallas and wanted to go to Disneyland one day and Disney World the next. It was up to us to explain that you couldn't get from one side of the country to the other in just a couple of days!

I'm still going the the Wellness Clinic and still enjoying the pampering. I can't say it's really helped with the weight loss, but it sure feels good!

I go back the the rheumatoligist Monday. It's been 3 months and I have to say that the plaguenil is beginning to kick in. I do feel a little better than I have been feeling. No quite as many bad days.

I hope everyone is having a good week.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #29  

Hi everybody. I posted a long message....& it vanished! I can't remember all I said, but, anyway....the sun is finally shining! Beautiful day!

Oldagie....I didn't know your phone number to call you in Dallas. I was going to email you, but we couldn't find an access number for Connie's laptop. That was funny about the family wanting to go to Disneyland. I would be just as lost in their country...probably worse. Good luck at the Rheumatologist. I have a treatment Monday. It's overdue...they're are moving to a different location & had to put me off. Said if I needed it too bad, to call, & they would work me in. I don't want to do that, though. I'm afraid I'd get a rushed job....don't want that.

Happy Canuk....hope your thumb is better, now. Better be careful. Our fingers are some of the few good things we have left. Although mine stay swollen & stiff.

Pam....you're doing a beautiful job with your graphics!

Stirfried...hang in there...you'll get it.

Hello to Rita, Kim, & all others!

Had a longer post, but out of time now. I'll be back later. Have a good, & pain-free day!

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 06:26 PM   #30  

Hi All!

Glad to hear that you had such a good time Angel. Sorry to hear about your knees Joanne...hope the treatments worked.

Here's a little story of caution: I went to my doc this week to get a renewel on my muscle relaxers (flexeril). No big deal, right? Thought these were pretty low level considering that I've had them prescribed to me, on and off, for years. He then tells me that they aren't intended for long term use and that I could be damaging my kidneys! Geez, way to scare a girl. Have to go in for a blood test next week. I don't think it's that far gone but you 'd think one of the doc's would have told me about this before. So, just check your meds to make sure that they're okay for long term use.

To top it off, he's prescibed a narcotic to take the place of the muscle relaxer. Don't really like the idea of that...know what I mean? I'm careful about what I take, etc., but I don't like be given something so strong in a high dose.

On top of going in there for a renewel I was hoping to try something new......ortho. surg. didn't help, and I've done pain management a few times. Wanted to try accupuncture or even, and I'm scared to try it, chiropractors. He said not to worry about that because I'm sure to qualify for the biatric surg. (Not too sure about that one at all but it's been discussed). Just wish would listen to me better...know what I mean?

Ah, enough of my ranting. On the plus side, I've been making it into the pool almost every day this week. Haven't done a ton of stuff but I think it helps stretch my back out before bed. Even bought some styrofoam water weights to try out.

Just taking it a day at a time.........hope everyone has a great weekend!

Deb
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote