Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-16-2004, 12:00 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Colleen- Well you'll get through it I know you will You must be strong or you wouldnt be here Good luck at your WW meeting tomorrow Sorry can't type more I just had my wisdom teeth out and I'm a bit loopy and ready for bed I hope you are feeling better!!
Take Care
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:58 AM   #32  

Hi everybody.....Hope this beautiful Friday brings a pain free day to you all.

Michelle....Hope you're doing better. I've had that done, & it's not a lot of fun. Take those meds girl...& just sleep through it! The blinkies are added through a paid program. I also have Emotipad to store most of my graphics in. It's a one time fee of around $12.00. Just "drag & drop" . These lately, are some I "borrowed" from another thread on this board. Another friend likes to use graphics a lot, & we borrow from each other.

Colleen...I believe you'll do well with weight watchers. It's different than it used to be. Easier to stay on the diet. Several years ago, I tried the older program they had. We had to cook all meals by certain weights & spec. My whole family lost weight....except me....NONE!!

Laura....thanks for the thoughts on the fire. I'm ok. I fight depression a lot. It'll be 2 yrs in November, & we still live in the middle 2 rooms of the house. Sleeping on mattresses on the floor, & getting cooking water out of bathroom. It's a lot to explain. We didn't get enough ins money to hire contractors, so DH is having to build back....just about alone. Sometimes our children are here to help...but, most of them live off. It'll happen though. Yes, my muscles hurt. My Neurologist suspicioned Fibromyalgia, also...but, said I'd been through so much, he wouldn't test. I already had OA in back, legs, arms, hips, knees, etc from car wreck in '83 that put me on permanent disability. He said the treatment for RA would help the Fibrom. , if I had it.
Have you tried the Remicade? I don't suppose you can take it, though, if you can't take the Methotrexate. My Dr says I HAVE to have it to help protect during Remicade treatments. My white blood count stays low. Sometimes it gets so low that they have me cut back on it for a week or two until it goes back up. I HATE it....I have almost all the side effects......but gotta take it, I guess. The Remicade is a miracle worker for me. Once I'm over the first three days...I do quite a bit better for the next 4-5 weeks. I'm allergic to most meds....& highly sensitive during the treatments....so they drug me up a lot. For 3 days, I'm homebound.

Hello Kim & Rita....drop in & let us know how you're doing. Hope all have a good day!!
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 02:24 PM   #33  
stirfried

Default Got my referral

Michellerae, I hope I spelled that right. Boy am I haveing a bad day with the pain. Oh Well we endure!! I hate this desease. It is so dibilitating. I don't that that I am not able to do as much as I use to. Heck I have trouble just walking anymore, Iknow you all feel that way to. Its so hard to play with my 6 yr old grandson, but he tries to understand. Kids can be so sweet like that.
Angel-lover, YEA! I got my referral, now I hope the doctor figues out something that can help along with the humira. I am taking a lot of pain meds just to get through the days sometimes especdially if I have to take care of buisness in town shopping etc.
I hope everyone else are feeling good.
This is the second day of my diet, so far so good. This southbeach diet is hard. I am doing the first 2 weeks like the Atkins totally noi carbs for two weeks and then back to the S.B. diet. I hope combining this two diet works. I think I lost another 1/2 lb.

Take care all. God bless

stats
lost 2 lbs
current goal
final goal
stirfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 01:57 AM   #34  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Great news! I started Weight Watchers today at 373 lbs. 7 lbs less than when I was at the rheumatologist 3/19 and 5 lbs less than my highest Weight Watchers weight (My husband and I joined about two months ago, but we quit when he lost his job). Too bad WW doesn't give "family" discounts. Oh well.

The pain and fatigue have been improving (mostly because of the steroids - I know it's a dance with the devil, but with quality of life at stake, what can you do?)

I'm sleeping better, but I find it so hard to get and stay comfortable. I need a new mattress pad. I saw a tempur-pedic knockoff at SAMS and wondered if it would do the trick. The price tag is still steep at $104.00. The little egg crate type aren't any help. I had a great featherbed a couple years ago, I could mush it around myself and under all the parts that needed support. But when I moved in with my husband, his cat peed on it! And I found out, there's just no good way to wash a featherbed!
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:02 AM   #35  

hello again how are we all well apart from not being here for a long time everythings going great on the weight front anyway pains been horrid but then what do i expect i live in scotland where wed all die of shock if it didnt rain at least once a day angel ive read the back posts and still no joy on the insurance front ! hopefully it will be all over soon and you can get back to some form of normality well there are so many new people here im not going to even try and get through you all so ill just say a big WELCOME to you all
well im going to go and do some more housework and will pop back in later i will keep in touch more the kids go back to school on tuesday so i will be able toget a bit more organised{not too much it just wouldnt be me} and ill get back to you all later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:05 AM   #36  

sorry should have said ive now lost 24 pound since the first of march and ive now joined slimming world you would not beleive what you are allowed to eat on this diet its great
kirsty
Old 04-17-2004, 10:34 PM   #37  

Oh, I'm here. I'm lurking but not posting much these days. We buried my nephew today. Not even the pain meds for the kidney stone I seem to have acquired helped.

Take care everyone..

Kim
Khewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 02:11 AM   #38  

khewes im so sorry to hear of your bereivement the younger they are the more unfair and unjust and just down right impossible to handle it is we had to bury a close freinds daughter two years ago due to a road accident she was only twelve this wee lass was raised with my son and went to the same schools as him and was just a great wee lass with a heart as big as scotland and even now when your least expecting it shell pop into my head its usually when theres something happening in ds life and i think this should have been her too it does get a bit easier i can remember the good things first but i would still say it hurts like **** and with yours being such a close family member it must be twice as hard hoping you are able to soon remember the good times too
kirsty
Old 04-18-2004, 09:35 PM   #39  

Hi everybody....hope all feel better than I do tonight! It's all I can do to walk or bend or anything for the pain & stiffness. And soooo fatigued! I get my Remicade tomorrow, though...so help is on the way. Remember, I'm "out of it" for a couple of days...so you may not hear from me....unless it's very short.

Linus...congratulations!! Lots of weight gone!! You're doing great! You need to post your diet for us...what you're allowed to eat. Also, we need a before/after pic!! Thanks for the encouragement on the house. It's coming along a little faster now. The ins did pay...just not enough. Maytag finally paid a little. But, we're having to go after the store now...to finish the building. We exchanged rooms today. We've been living in 2 rooms in the middle of the house. The spare bedroom was where we slept (mattresses on floor) & the master bedroom was a make-shift kitchen. Today we traded rooms...& put TV couch, etc in living room. So for the first time in 1 1/2 years we're sleeping in our own room tonight! No sheetrock up yet, but, our own room.

Kim....I'm so sorry about your nephew. You're in my prayers. I lost a nephew a few years ago. He was only 23. He was beat to death by a former "buddy" of his. He only served 11 months for it. A couple of years ago, the guy was in a fight with another man, & was shot between the eyes & killed. Such a shame....such a loss of lives.

Kaplods....weightloss here, too!! Hope your pain & fatigue are better.

Stirfried....1/2 lb! YAYYY!!! Sorry for the pain. Hope you're better soon. Darn this OA...RA....Thyroid Problems, anyway!! Everybody hang in there.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:35 PM   #40  

thanks angel and enjoy your room it would be easier to say what im not allowed to eat on this diet you should have a look youll find it at www.slimmingworld.co.uk needless to say when i want to eat a whole chicken {minus the skin} i can with a side order of steak and a baked potato its really a great diet for me as im a total carnivore speak more soon im just waiting on my floors drying bye
kirsty
Old 04-20-2004, 02:09 PM   #41  
stirfried

Default Hey all

Hi everyone, First I like to say how sorry Iam for your loss khewes I don't know you but I know how hard it is to lose someone.
Linus, hey g5reat weight loss!! 24 pounds since march is great. I hope I can say that in a couple of months.
Angel lover, hows your pain today? I feel really bad. I hate this stupid desease.
Well everyone I go back to my doctor on the 26th, hope he can figue out what else to do for me. I need him to run test to see ir my sed rate is higher than it was. The last year my sed rate was 134, than 66, last time 47. But I hope it isn't going up. thought I feel like the Humira ISN'T WORKING.
But now for better new. I have lost 5 lbs. Since last thurday. In the last couple of days I have stayed at 190, but since I am doing the low carb I sure I will lose a little more I have a week and 2 days before I can add some carbs like fruit!! I have heard of peop;e losing up to 20 lbs in thier first 2 weeks on this diet, but I will settle for what I can get. I have been down to 190 before and haven't gotten past it. I have faith I will do it this time. I hope my metabolism gets gong again. I guess it will I have been trying to workout 3 times aweek for 20 min

I am have to going have to go. My daughter needs me

bye for now laura
Old 04-21-2004, 09:27 AM   #42  

Hi everybody...
Third day after Remicade, so I'm beginning to come back to life! Cathy (nurse) got the needle in the first try. YAYY! My veins are smaller than the cathedar....at least SOMETHING is small about me. I've gained 3 lbs that makes 5 lbs in all since my weightloss last summer. Gotta get rid of it before it gets out of control.

Stirfried...congratulations on the loss of 5 lbs! I found what you lost! I'm proud for you. Sure hope the Drs can help you. You're in my thoughts. I'm still hurting pretty bad...it takes a few days for the Remicade to "kick in". I've got to start injecting the Methotrexate, instead of drinking it in orange juice. Wish me luck. I'm not afraid of needles, but never gave myself an injection before. I'll be doing it on Thursday nights.

Linus...thanks for the website. As you read above, I've got at least 5 lbs to lose. Wouldn't mind losing a little more. Wow....sounds like we can eat a lot!

Hello to everyone kim, kaplod, rita, michelle....hope I didn't miss anyone!
Old 04-21-2004, 11:00 AM   #43  
stirfried

Talking

Angel lover, Hey soryy to hear you arent doing very well. I bet once you feel better you lose those 5 lbs. Giving yourself and injection isn't that hard once you do it. I have been giving myself injection of humira for months now. It will get easier as you do it. just muake sure there are no bubbles in the thingy and shout at a angle in the fatty part of your leg, and push it in slowly. It will sting but it won't hurt that bad. I know you can do it. I felt the same way about giving myself the injection just like you . If I can do it then anyone can do it. Hey everyone how is it going michellerae hi and linus how are things in scotland. Take care all of you and here hoping for pain free weight loss days

Well I guess that is all for now Take care
Laura

stats
starting weight 195
current goal 185
weight now 189.5
goal 130
Old 04-21-2004, 05:37 PM   #44  

hi all hope we all feel reasonably good well my second weigh in tomorrow at slimming world and ill come in and let you all know how it went because i come from the other side of the pond your medication all sounds like double dutch to me but it sure sounds like a lot and isnt it strande but i think the iller you get the more your veins shrink at the moment im still allowed to give blood and they inform me that my flow has slowed down and only comes out horridly fast now the standing joke used to be {and still is }that they let all the new nurses and docs practice on me cuase they say just chuck the needle at her and stand by with the bucket its getting it to stop thats the problem well sorry for the really short post but ive been at court all day as a witness and after sitting there for five hours my body is screaming to be laid down
keep well and will speak soon
kirsty
Old 04-23-2004, 11:02 AM   #45  

Hi everybody...

Laura...you were right. The injection wasn't that bad. It took me a minute to get up the courage ...but, it worked out ok. The nurse called me yesterday evening & told me to cut back on the Methotrexate...it tends to bring my white blood count down extremely low. It already runs low...so, have to really watch it. My strength is coming back now,so I guess the Remicade is "kicking in"! Hope you're feeling well today.

Linus....hope your weigh in goes well for you. I'm going to start a diet (kind of) next week to get rid of the 5 lbs...maybe a little more. Sounds like you've got plenty of blood. I haven't been allowed to give for several years now. Wish I could...I have the rare AB-, & could help people. When my twins were born 35 years ago, it was a lot more rare & needed blood in a hurry in the delivery room. They were born premature, so didn't have time to make preparations. It was advertised on TV & radio that I needed help. Two teenage boys came to the hospital to give blood to me. My DH thanked them, but I never got to meet them & thank them myself. Wish I could have.

Kim, Rita, Kaplods....hope all are doing as well as you can today. Have a good weekend. Rainy here.