Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 07:19 AM   #31  

Oh Meme-what an ordeal!!!!Hope and pray that you are on the mend. We have been praying for my brother. the colonoscopy revealed polyps that were removed and causing his anemia-he is going to the urologist for more tests for an elevated PSA-since my father had prostate cancer-we are concerned but then they didn't have the treatments they have today. He has to go back next Tues. We took the dog to the do beach yesterday-he was allowed to run free. It was great-I love the beach so now we will go back there with chairs. Also went to a pot luck and then played cards with the ladies. Finally finished the taxes. Going to work at Mike's today-he has a big shipping. I used to do that a lot when I was down here and I was single. It's going to be a great weekend-nice and warm. Daughter called last night-her girlfriend can't drive down with her because she and her husband are splitting-they have 2 girls. So sad. We will see how this visit will work out. Have a good day everyone. Happy Anniversary, Rita. Mima
Old 02-22-2004, 10:13 AM   #32  

Default Hey There

Meme- I just can't imagine going through what you are going through. I hope that everything gets back to something normal soon for you.
Happy -I am trying to maintain up to 18-20 points a day. I walked yesterday. It is nice down here right now. Yesterday it was close to hot.
Mima- The beach is the best place to unwind. I sometimes wish I had a house on the beach. The only problem with that a storm would come along and ruin it. I could not afford the insurance . Maybe if I hit the lotto.
Hope they find everything with your brother ok.
Bye all...Joanne
Old 02-22-2004, 02:28 PM   #33  
RAR

HI! Everyone Joanne congrats on 50 years hope you have many more years to celebrate going to ride my bike this will be 3 times this week which is good for me Happy good for you in walking keep it up I hope to walk again soon if only a block just got to do itas for climbing the steps It is really hard for me sa I have tried it Meme glad your not dead yetLOL sorry to hear that things still are not going good for you hope that changes soon especially that cough hanging on well everyone have a great Sunday going to ride my bike I better do it now while I am in the mood Rita
Old 02-22-2004, 03:29 PM   #34  

Hello guys-went to the Edison Light Parade last night-great-just the ladies went except for Evan , but being still in the womb, he had no choice. Got home at 11:30 so today is a nothing day. Just went to church. I have been many times and it"s very nice-lots of great bands, even a kiltie band from New York City fire dept. It's warm here but nce . Orange trees about to bloom. Happy Anniversary Joanne-wonderful. Feel better Meme. Hi to all-great going on the bike, Rita. Mima
Old 02-23-2004, 05:34 PM   #35  
RAR

HI! Everyone hope that you are having a great Mondayand freeof pain got to get ready for work just thought I would pop in been bad today did not ride the bikeor had the desire hopefully T uesday will be a more motivated day for me Rita
Old 02-24-2004, 07:10 AM   #36  

Good morning-is everyone partying ? Hope you have a good week at work Rita. Some people called us yesterday to meet them for dinner in Tampa tonight so we are going to drive up but we will get to see all at once. Joanne, I saw a piece on TV about the South Beach diet helping IBS. Do you think this is true, They say carbs and sugar are bad for your IBS. I only eat complex carbs and usually little sugar but I overdid it on carbs and sugar and my stomache is not good. Well-have a good day everyone. mima
Old 02-24-2004, 08:18 AM   #37  

Good morning, hope everyone is doing well.

Mima - in answer to your question, any low carb diet is good for IBS. When I was on Atkins, it ceased to exist. As long as I keep the carbs low, especially sugar and fruit, I do ok.

Meme - hope your feeling a little better.

rita - It is hard to exercise some days. In fact, somedays, I find it impossible. Yesterday, I did walk in the mall and I climbed 3 flights of stairs, but it was murderous. My legs didn't want to move and felt like lead!!! Oh, well, perhaps today will be better. That is the life of FM and arthritis.

Joanne - Hope you are going to lose those last few pounds this week. It sure isn't from a lack of trying!

Hi Candice and Alley.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:47 AM   #38  
RAR

HI! Everyone , Happy I know that feeling so wellwhen trying to exercise and it is killing you but at least you did it so great yesterday was all aches but did get my riding of my bike intoday woke up to some snow so it could of been the change of the weather well of to work so everyone have a great Wednesday and may you suceed in all you plan to do today Rita
Old 02-24-2004, 10:27 AM   #39  

Default Hey There

Mima- I probably won't get to goal this week. And you are right. I have been trying. I walked again yeasterday. The weather will predict what I do today. I do think that cutting the carbs helped IBS,although I have had a rough 5 days. cramps and etc.As soon as I eat I am sick with the pain..Maybe I have a virus. So ,you are going to Tampa. You are getting around this part of Fl.
Rita- I hope that today isn't Wednesday. Good for you on the bike riding .Keep it up,pretty soon you will feel that your day isn't complete unless you do it..I feel guilty on the days I don't walk..Your body needs it. Walking at work is not the same thing...
Happy- I'm working on those last pounds. I wish I was reaching goal. Then I can start to worry about staying under. My son-in-law says I always need something to worry about.. Bully for him !My daughter is just like me!! He's a good guy.
Where's Ally?
Meme- I hope you are feeling better.
Hello Candice
Bye everybody...Joanne
Old 02-24-2004, 04:03 PM   #40  
RAR

Joanne see that is what happens when you work nites you dont know what day it is I goofed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sure hope that you dont have a virus as they can be nastyhave rode the bike 2 days in a row sure hope that I start feelin guilty soon if I dont exercise so hopeing you have a great Tuesday Rita
Old 02-25-2004, 07:57 AM   #41  

I know what you mean about feeling bad when you don't exercise-at home it happens for days but I have no excuse here. And I didn't walk yesterday. But we did go to Tampa and it poured but we got there a haf hour early-saw a Sears next to the restaurant-ran in and got that stupid plastic thing off the jeans-been carrying them around just in case-had a great dinner with 4 couples who all used to go to the church at home that Brad belonged to in high school on-what a nice bunch!! Coming home was an adventure-it poured and we got on the other side of st pete and had to cross over- didn't get home til 12:15. It stopped raining when we were about an hour and a half from home which meant the rain wasn't coming in the vent over the bed!!!!!But it was definitely worth the trip. Now we will get that heavy rain today. The dog fell off the step yesterday and Brad had to carry him around-he weighs 60 pounds. He is not limping as much today. He is 13 years old. Well-have to take it easy today. Maybe work on the quilt-going to church for Ash Wed sometime today. Bye for now. Mima
Old 02-26-2004, 03:05 AM   #42  

Happy...When I am spending pts on cookies I'm either over or haven't eaten right! I do eat very low pts protien and not much dairy(doesn't agree with me) but take calcium too. I eat tons of fruits and veggies and not much fat.......I do not sanck on chips and stuff either but I do like my cookies! Made pumpkin pie for my treat this week, at 3pts a serving. I lay on the floor on my back to do my exercise when my hips hurt..I need to be in the water but can't stand the cold air when you get out!

meme....a whole in your ankle, that doesn't sound good! Hope you get better soon, your famliy needs their slave back

Not much in the exercising dept..just a little cleaning.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:06 AM   #43  

So how do you start a new thread on these boards?????????????????????
Old 02-26-2004, 09:32 AM   #44  

Default Hey There

Candice- I tried to start a new thread one time. I messed it up so No more. I made a banana cake last night. It will be gone before Sat. I'll take me son some and the hubby will take care of the rest. I always put extra seasons in them. So I guess it is a banana season cake.
Mima- We had a peke for 14 years. He was blind,deaf and incontinant and had arthritis at the end. My hubby had to lift him up and down the steps 4 times a day. We finally had him put to sleep. It was the best thing for us to do.No more pets in this house. My son's dog is enough. He leaves him with us now and then. He left one time and the arthritis kicked in. Can you imagine lifting a hundred pound dog up and down the steps. It didn't take me long to go get his medicine.
Tops tonight.. I will be happy to turtle..If my stomach hurts as bad as it has the past week,I might pass. I enjoy going though.
Bye...Joanne
Old 02-27-2004, 12:12 AM   #45  

Oops!!!! Meme, I already started a new thread. Forgot to put it on here.
Closed Thread