Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 04:50 AM   #16  

Joanne..that would be 20 pts on the flex...I am going to try that but without the extra 35 to lose my cookie weight! I am currantly eating at the 23 on the old 123..but want to change it up a bit.... i do not think I could get by with the added 35 pts since I was maintaing at 23 and not 25.

Happy..yes they did cahnge they are a few less now. Thanks fo the WW info Hope you yeast goes bye bye real soon!

Mima...brad must be a romantic! Big red lips and all

Last edited by Candicej; 02-16-2004 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:01 AM   #17  

Suzanne loves those new points. The other new thing is that you take your pts for the day and then subtract what you eat. Maybe psychologically it works better. It's cool again but really nice. Wash and sew today. Maybe work on my tan. Ha!! Friday it will be warm enough to go to the beach.I did eat the rest of the linguini-have to be good because eating wheat really makes me ache. I fight yeast all the time-I evn get sres around my mouth but that stuff you use for athlete's foot clears it up. I think there are other meds besides diflucan-I used to be on one for a while. LOL Anne. Yes where are the missing Ally and Meme. We need reports. Course we know where Ally is. Ha!!!Have a good day all. Mima
Old 02-16-2004, 07:19 PM   #18  
RAR

HI! everyone hope everyone had a nice valentine day I forbade hubby to get me anything sweet so was happy that I didnt over eat sweets that day the point system sounds interesting to me hubby belonged to ww and I still have the books so will have to look at it not gaining anything right now just at a stand still of course I havent done any exercise either knees are really achey right just glad that I am able to last 12 hrs at work Happy sorry to hear of your yeast problems seems like we take something to help with one problem then get another one from it so just hang in there now at least you know what causes it! Joanne sorry that your walk was hard for you today at least you did it and hopeing tomorrow will be a better day!!!!!!!! havent heard anything from Debbie lately hope she come back Rita
Old 02-17-2004, 07:07 AM   #19  

Good morning!I used to eat 22 points when I was trying to lose. I better get on that scale today because I have been eating more but also doing some walking. We have to walk Cassidy 3 to 4 times a day. Now Brad is planning to make an appt downstairs in our house so we will have someone to watch the house when we are away. Good idea but he has so many unfinished projects already. He says he's not going to work anymore or very little. People owe us money when we get back so that is a good thing. Brad is NOT really romantic but every once in a while he really surprises me and he did this time. When I came home from FL 3 years ago before we got married he had a dozen roses and a big balloon waiting in his truck when he picked me up at the airport at 1 in the morning. My daughter's boyfriend is the real romantic and she loves that stuff so I am happy for her.Going to a banwuet tonight for Brad's church down here. They seem like really nice people. It's going to be really cool today and until Friday. It has been much cooler this year than before but I'm not complaining. No one would listen to me anyways. Bye for now. mima
Old 02-17-2004, 10:31 AM   #20  

Default Hey There

Mima- I will listen...I have had to use that growling monster for the past few days. It is just too cold to walk to the beach.. Now Our friends in the north are laughing!! But, down here our blood is thinner and we feel ,what you would call cool ,cold weather.It takes the people who move down 5 years for their blood to thin. That is one of the reasons that people moving south ,sometimes, can't take it here in the summer.
Happy- You mentioned 20 points. I wonder if I gave myself 140 points for the week and just subtracted daily what I used if it would work the same way. My 123 book says 18-23 for my weight group. 20 points sounds right for losing as they always said stay within mid range..Of courese help from any of you guys is good!
Meme--Where are you?
Candice-I could never eat the cookies. Just going out to eat ruins me..
Hello Ally-How is the love life..
Rita- When you have osteoarthritis, passive exersise is what you need. You can do that sitting. Get a tape and go to it.. Or just make up your own.Put on your best music that you like.That inspires me to move.. With this type of arthritis(I have it all over my body) You have to move the joints..And ,The more weight you lose the easier it is .
Got to do some laundry..Bye for now...Joanne
Old 02-17-2004, 03:28 PM   #21  
RAR

HI! Everyone Joanne thanks for all the info I find that when I make myself ride my stationary bike it does loosen but just makin myself get on that bike I can find the most excuses in the world sorry that down your way it has turned cooler being a northner I probably couldnt stand the hot !!!!!!!!!!! but that is how it goes Mima hope you enjoy yourself getting out to a doings does you good just to get out I bet you was suprised with the roses and balloon my hubby suprises me once in a while with something differentwell everyone have a great Tuesday Rita
Old 02-18-2004, 08:46 AM   #22  

Well I had only 17 pts Mondays and 22 today so I think I'm ok for the week. I have always counted down.. that is the way my pts calculator works. I need to be more active but my hip pain gets worse sitting and walking. I have to lay on the floor to do exercises but I don't think that gets your heart rate up
Old 02-18-2004, 10:05 AM   #23  

Default Hey There

I am trying to stay under 20 pts. I had 21pts. yesterday.. I will find out thrusday if this is working. I still am not eating the white carbs..except I did eat half a potato sunday (4 oz) .
I have a load of ironing to do today.. Always something.. I wonder what happens when we get too old to stand at the ironing board.
I need to go to walmarts. I will fit that in and try to walk today..
Rita- Give yourself 10min. on your bike today..
Candice- I guess exercise is good in any form...I have a lot of hip/back pain too lately..
Hello Everybody..Joanne
Old 02-18-2004, 11:49 AM   #24  
RAR

HI! Everyone , Joanne seems like you are really organized hope you accomplis what you plan to do even the ironing !!!!!!!!! or some of itI will ride the bike today if only 10 minutes everyone else have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rita
Old 02-18-2004, 07:04 PM   #25  

Default Hey There

Rita- I hope you rode the e for 10 min. today..Now tomorrow ride it for 12 min. Before you know it you will be riding for 20 min. It takes 20min to change your motabolism to a weight loss mode..
I got some ironing done. I still have a pile of shirts for my hubby.I guess I laided back more than I realized.
Bye All...Joanne
Old 02-19-2004, 06:00 AM   #26  
RAR

Joanne I did ride the bike for 12 minutes yesterday and plan on 15 today so you did motivate me thanks have been up to 30 minutes just keep finding excuses not to get back on up early to get started for the day today is my anniversary cant believe that I been married for 38 years!!!!!!!! well Joanne hope you get to finishing your hubby shirts and everyone else have a great Thursday !!!!!!!!!!!!! Rita
Old 02-19-2004, 07:30 AM   #27  

Good going guys-exercise is so important to lose weight and keep it off-it's so much easier here. I just love that tai chi-it really makes my muscles relax. The teacher was away so we watched Tai Chi for seniors on video. I came home with relaxed shoulders.I'm going to take the clicker away from Brad-he keeps changing channels.He told me to pay attention to my computer. He loves to watch the weather channel. We are going to the beach that allows dogs today-we will have to dresss warm. Suzanne's earrings had a defect so boyfriend brought them back and got bigger ones!!!!!What a guy. Have a good day everyone. Mima
Old 02-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #28  

Default Hey There

Rita- Congratulatons om 38 years! I had my 50th this past Dec.26.. Good for you on the bike riding.. Keep it up..Now all you have to do is set a time of day you are going to get on it and don't let anything get in the way. That is "your time". That is how I view My hour to walk.
Mima- Louie and Brad must have something in common. I don't usually try to watch TV with him. He will say "look at that" and before I can focus my eyes he will have changed the channel..If I fuss he says "cook your spagetti" In other words bug off. MEN!
I have had a few extra things to do this week. I may go to Sams later. I buy some foods in bulk. It is cheaper in the long run.
Where is Meme?I hope nothing bad has happened to her...
Hello Happy,Ally,Candice...Joanne
Old 02-19-2004, 11:08 AM   #29  

Good morning.

See, you bunch, the 20 points that weightwatchers uses is on the FlexPoints. I don't think you can get the proper nutrition with 17 points only, Candice. How do you add in dairy and meat, especially if you waste them on cookies etc. If you cut out to many things, you will be tired, lose your hair, and a whole host of other things.

I have been walking 20 minutes a day, including climbing 4 flights of stairs. As soon as the walking conditions outside get better (it is a bit slippery) I will be out there. It bothers my lower back (the stair climbing) but I will continue with it. Candice, I can't do any floor exercises and I can't do Tai Chai. If I do a wrong movement that my back doesn't like, it locks and the pain is outrageous!

I sent Meme an e-mail yesterday. She will be back soon, but she has been sick.

Mima - glad you are enjoying your winter home.

Rita - Happy Anniversary.

Hope you all have a nice day.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:26 PM   #30  

Hi... not dead yet but thought I was getting close. I was taking care of my daughter and family when they called from school... Ross was throwing up. I was the only one who could go get him. SIL was in Nashville and daughter had a blood clot in her leg so I, of course, got the virus and thought I would never get over it. My blood count was already so low ... down to 10 ... and then that! I lost 8 pounds in 3 days. And then, at the same time, my ankle started bleeding. I have a really deep blood vein that collapses from time to time from trauma that happened 30 years ago due to a car accident (long story). When the vein doesn't pump the blood back up the blood pools up in the ankle and has to go somewhere so it goes "out". It actually makes a hole in my ankle and bleeds out. I have to just keep my ankle up to keep the blood from running down and wait until the vein decides to start working again. I've had this about 6 times now. It gets infected, too. Once I had to go in the hospital and have a hole 'cut' out of my ankle and it had to heal from the inside out. Last time, about 4 years ago, it made a huge hole nearly 2 inches, I had to pack gauze soaked in saline everyday... OUCH... did that for about 3 months while staying in the bed. Couldn't walk most of that time either. The good news is, it hasn't bled in 2 days now. The bad news is, it's still infected but that, hopefully will get better if it continues to heal.

So you see why I'm down - in more ways than one. I have the laptop but it doesn't work too well in bed and in the recliner and - unlike the big computer - it ties up the phone line. Plus, I just haven't felt much like being on the computer.

(Oh, and I'm STILL coughing ... since Jan. FIRST!!! But I went back to the Dr. for a third round of meds. and at least it is getting some better!)
Closed Thread