Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 181/177.5/130

Height: 5'4"

It could also be anxiety. I have an anxiety disorder and I have problems falling asleep, because my brain is always going a mile a minute. I sleep lots, usually 11pm to 7:30 am, which is supposed to be enough. I have a hard time waking up, and usually I am exhausted by 4pm. Naps are pretty much my best friend. I usually go to bed around 9 or 10 but can't fall asleep until 11 or 12. I need to fall asleep with the tv on, otherwise if it's quiet, I will just lay there and worry about things. I'm constantly thinking and worrying about anything and everything! The more I worry about falling asleep, the longer it takes. It I know I need to get up early, then I usually have a really hard time falling asleep.
thissideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #17  
Trimming the fat

S/C/G: 163/163/120

Height: 5'1

It may be that you're not on the proper does/type of medication for the thyroid. In order for most people with thyroid issues to feel normal, they have to be in a euthyroid state. In other words, the right balance of hormones for their body. Not everyone has success on the commonly prescribed T4 only based medicines such as Synthroid or levothyroxine. You may talk to your doctor about trying something else such as Armour, which replaces the T3 AND T4 instead of just the T4 hormone. You ay have already tried that but just throwing the idea out there.
LadyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I have the same exact problem. For me it's gotten worse over the past few years. I am fortunate to be able to work from home most days which allows me to shift my hours and sneak in naps. Without those naps I couldn't function. I have hypothyroidism and I'm being treated with a Synthroid/Cytomel combo and my doctor says that my levels are consistently fine on my dosage. I've also been diagnosed diabetic and hypertensive. I'm not sure which or if all are contributing to my problem. I wish I had the answer for you because it would mean that I had it for myself. But I do agree that exercising is the last thing that I want to do and when I do it it just makes me more tired. It's very frustrating. I keep hoping that if I can lose 20 or 30 pounds that it will give me more energy. But being tired and losing weight sort of work against each other.

Good luck. If I find anything that helps then I'll be sure to mention it.
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #19  
not planning - doing!

S/C/G: 175/171/135

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLINA View Post
Go to the health food store and buy a pound of raw pumpkin seeds. The shells have been removed.
Just eat 2 tablespoons every day.
They will give you energy.
Ball players eat the seeds during games to give them energy.
They work.

My 90 year old neighbor put them on his oatmeal every morning. He said they gave him so much energy he could work all day in his yard. And he was not tired the next day.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pumpkin! Yummy and I didn't know this... I will be hitting my local HFS today for these,,,,,,,THANKS
KimZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #20  

I think body therapy can help and play almost an equal role to exercise, that time that you spent in exercise spare it for therapy like massage and spa. Then you can take some energy generating medications and foods.
with time you will get energy to do some exercises.
PhatBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #21  

Hello, wondering if you've gotten any answers from your doctors. I have the same problem. It makes it hard to function during the day when I wake up so tired. I get exercise and eat decently. For me, it's just plain tiredness, not necessarily a lack of energy. I skipped the gym today, not because I had no energy, but because I was too tired.

My current theory is a problem with my sleep cycles. I've researched that a little bit and if you wake up during the wrong part of your sleep cycle, you can feel groggy the entire day. I have had routine blood work done and it revealed no iron deficiencies or thyroid problems. I have not had a chance to discuss my theory with my doctor yet.

So anyway, just wanted to see if you've found anything out, and to throw out this other possibility.
karib574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Glad you asked...I just came here to ask a similar question. I'm just tired all the time, sleep 8-10+ hours also.. When I do exercise it just makes me more tired (and nothing strenuous, just some yoga and pilates type stuff) but exercising is supposed to give you energy.

I'm suspecting it's a thyroid problem but I read some people will read a list of symptoms online and just think "oh that must be what I have!" and doctors will brush people off since so many people read things online, go to get it checked and assume they have these things wrong with them yet usually there is nothing wrong.

What else could cause similar symptoms as hypothyroid? Can a regular doctor run the thyroid and vitamin tests or do I need to go to a endocrinologist?
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote