Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 02:20 AM   #16  

I am hurting and cannot sleep. We are having flooding all around us...it has rained solid for almost 3 days now! You all have probably seen it on the news...in Nashville vicinity. Makes for pain! I told my little 4 yr. old granddaughter today...Kaylyn, Meme's feels bad and I'm soooo sleepy. She said, I know what we need to do, Meme...she pointed to the recliner where she always falls asleep at nap time and said, this is my bed so I'm going to lay down. Then she pointed to the couch and said, and right there is where you need to be so get your pillow and blanket. (And...I did!) We layed there and watched Monster's Inc. together for nearly 2 hrs. She cried when her mom came to get her...said, but I want to stay with my Meme!!! Gotta love the rugrats! She's the only one of the four that doesn't tire me out! She is calm and layed back...nothing much fazes her. Some days she takes two naps, one in the morning and another in the afternoon. I don't MAKE her...she just falls asleep in the recliner...my kind of kid!

I'm going to go take a warm shower and see if I can get some sleep. Have appointments at the optometerist and insurance office tomorrow...another long day...out in the rain!
Old 09-28-2002, 02:27 AM   #17  

Same time, same station! It's 1:30 and I'm hurting too bad to sleep, AGAIN! Have any of you ever heard of Selenium? It's supposed to increase your memory and attention span and I REALLY need that...the Fibro Fog seems to be getting worse!
Old 09-28-2002, 07:24 AM   #18  

Default Hi

I'm hot and cols all the time lately. Called the doc and asked him about the new hormones I'm taking-seem to make me feel different than prempro. Also-it's affecting my ---life I think. He said give it more time .I also feel a little down sometimes. Hate that!!!And now I am totally congested and I'm going to help my girlfriend cuz she's moving today and I have to go back to work tomorrow night. Whine, whine, whine-see what I mean!!!!Meme-I am so sorry you fell and can't sleep. Happy-we heat the house with oil. There is no natural gas here but we do have a propane kitchen stove. Bye for now. Mima
Old 09-28-2002, 11:04 AM   #19  

Candice, I just cracked up over your sleep eating story. That is scary. At least you ate something good, but isn't it depressing that you can't remember it?
Gotta go clean the carpets...again.
Raining here today too Meme, and yesterday too.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:17 PM   #20  

Default Hey There

Candice- I sure would not be a happy camper if I ate a bag of cookies and couldn't remember it. Maybe that is why I am having such a hard time with this weight. I am eating in my sleep and don't know it.
Anagram- You have the right idea. I am just going to forget it al just as soon as I get on that plane. Just one week from Monday. I made a few new clothes and I told my brother I did not want to gain any weight. They are really health conscious. My sisters male friend decided he wanted to go too. I think he is going to get a surprise when he finds out that my brother and I are doing the cooking and he will not be getting his italian ,fat meals. I don't care if he likes it or not. My sister-in-law says if he wants something else he will have to go out and buy it. I would have prefered he stay home. That was the plan. I will ajust!!!!!
Mima- I would think that the Harmones would help your --- life. I can't take any of them. I have a clot problem. Sooooooooo.
Meme- I hope you start to feel great soon. Your grandchildren are so cute..
Ally- It seems all you guys get the rain. We had a storm pass by and we got only a little rain. Now another one is coming. Who knows where it will go.
Hello- Happy, Serenty..I hope you are having a great weekend....Joanne
Old 09-28-2002, 08:00 PM   #21  

Happy, I hope you've been able to warm up a bit. Long winter coming.

Meme, Kaylyn looks like such a little lady. I can see how you'd enjoy her company. Also sorry you're still hurting. And you're right, running around in the rain won't help.

Mimi, I hope that down feeling didn't last. I know meds do that to me sometimes. Everything can be just the same as the day before but I'll seem more down, then the next day I'll be fine (or just about) and I know it's meds. But you got it - hate it!

Joanne, sounds like sister's friend will be a 5th wheel. Enjoy anyway, after all you're going out to spend time with brother and your sister can deal with any unhappiness or dissatisfaction friend might express. I hope at least he's a long time friend. Good bro/wife are health conscious, should make it easier for you.

Candice, you're my ice cream bud. Of course, I don't eat ice cream, just fr yogurt or light ice cream but I do have a half cup every day. As you said, we need the calcium. And I KNOW I'll never last at this if I can't have a sweet or two. Since this is a "rest of my life" type thing. Like I know I'll never live long enough to reach goal. But that's really scary about eating, walking etc while sleeping particularly if you're cooking something.

We had two good days of rain - the worst of it was west of us. Strangely I didn't seem to mind it much painwise tho I had the day before it actually came. Today was gorgeous - I drove the hour to my Mom's and took her out to lunch and to a garden/gift/decoration, etc. place. She struggles to walk but she really enjoyed it. Then I did some paperwork and got out some of her fall clothing, etc. Am tired as usual after the trip.

Got results of dh's kidney scan. Cysts in kidney (we alredy knew this though) and one of them seems "abnormal". Since he has renal insufficiency, dr does not want to subject him to dye (which I GUESS would be involved usual next test) so she will have him rescanned in a couple of months. She also said this diet will NOT improve kidney function but might
"stabilize" it. He's been good about it so far but I'm sensing a little rebellion coming up soon. Fortunately, he seems to feel a bit better on it. Today was his last round of golf at a club we've belonged to for 28 years. He decided to drop the golf membership since no longer play and costs have gone so high, etc. We're keeping dining membership. He says he'll play at another course near us and I sure hope so (that's my alone time even though I usually go to the pool while he's playing).

Hi Serenity!

Hope you're all in the middle of a good weekend. Just found water in the powder room vanity again so it'll be plumber time Monday (I did tighten a loose valve and put a jar under where I think it's dripping). And dh's bro/sil are stopping in for lunch Monday as well. Never seem to get two lazy days in a row. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by anagram; 09-28-2002 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2002, 08:05 PM   #22  

Writing that long post seemed to take away my tiredness. Now I feel like dancing! You chicks are good for me.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:51 AM   #23  

I get these hot and cold spells too and when I am in the cold mode my pain is much much worse...do you all find this too?

I signed up for my swim class this year only one time a week but I have not made it there yet..wishful thinking I guess...the water is really warm cause it is a thearaputic pool but is a 30 minute dirve on the interstate for me so when I am tired I do not make the effort. (do not need to be behind the wheel of a moving vehicle).

I only eat frozen yogurt or lowfat icecream too......would never waste points on the real thing WW has a frozen Sundae cup out now only 2pts and 7 grams of Fiber!

I'm glad I can't remember eating the cookies.......as long as I do not start to gain Thank goodness this does not happen very often..dh said he was gonna have to get somebody to sit with me!

We need rain here.............so dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2002, 09:19 AM   #24  

Hi guys-I guess the hot cold thing came from a virus-I have a cold!!!And I helped my girlfriend clean her new condo-what a filthy mess it was!!!Men!!!Anyhow, her kitchen is cleaner than mine now. Playing hooky from Brad's church-he's skipping service and going to a train show so I have the morning to myself-getting ready to go back to work tonight!Have a good weekend. Mima
Old 09-29-2002, 09:52 AM   #25  

Just checking in to read some of your good articles. Might (if I can) copy to my AppleWorks that long article you wrote Mima.

FNB
Old 09-29-2002, 02:25 PM   #26  

Angry Hi

Well Hello all. Hope you are all well.

It seems that the "big chill" I had the other night ended up in a all our Fibro Flare. I ache everywhere and everything is so sore to touch. Hope it goes on it's way FAST!! I don't have time for this. I want to get back to areobics again on Tuesday, and I sure don't feel like I could even begin to do it. I had a nice hot bath hoping that would help a bit, but alas, it did not! Of course, the other thing is this damn fatigue. I HATE IT! I can deal with the pain, but not that constant fatigue.

Candice - maybe I am sleeping eating and I just don't know it?

Meme - I hope you soon start to feel better. Here is a link for info on Selenium http://www.cc.nih.gov/ccc/supplements/selen.html

That was so funny about your little grand daughter. They are so precious. Beautiful little girl she is.

Ally - Hi. Hope your life is running smoothly. Carb attacks are just normal for us.

Joanne - Not so long before you leave on your trip. Don't worry about the housework - it will wait for you

Anagram - Hope hubby sticks to his diet. That probably helps you out as well. Good work on that weight loss.

Hi Serenity. I hope you are feeling better. I guess it is the change of season that is bringing this on.

Everyone have a good day.
Old 09-29-2002, 06:27 PM   #27  

I'm dancing too Anagram..... Got my period a week late
Thought I might explode.
And suppose I could still get pregnant.
Time for more football.
It will be hot in NY tomorrow....
Old 09-29-2002, 06:47 PM   #28  

I just hit 100 posts when I wrote to this site. That makes me a Senior Member!!! I had a hard time getting to this site from the e-mail sent me. My computer worked and worked and after about 20 minutes I hit "Stop" and then this came up, I am glad to say.

Had a nap this afternoon so am now wide awake and hungry. Made a big banana split in an elongated dish made with cantaloupe pieces, strawberries and topped with no-fat yogurt with Equal. Tastes pretty good and I have said "No food at Computer" but I don't follow my rules.

FNB
Old 09-29-2002, 07:26 PM   #29  

Default Hey There

Effenbee- WELCOME...I gather that you do not have a weight problem.I don't think I have had a snack like that in 30 yrs. I wouldn't dare. Although once I started counting up the points in your banana split it must have been 5-7points.
Happy. Yes just one more week. I can't imagine what my house will look like when I come back. I think I will tell my hubby and son it better look like or better than it did when I left. I doubt that it will. My son sold his house and will be with us for awhile. That will include his 100 lb black lab. He sheds like you wouldn't believe. I will probably stick the vacumn hose in their hands and super glue it to them.With my luck it will be stuck to my hands most of the time. Maybe I can get him to clean up the back yard for me. We have a dead tree that needs to come down and a forest to cut down.
Ally- You better be thanking your lucky stars that you got that period.
Of all times ,my arthritis has flared up good. My hands and feet and ofcourse knees are giving me a fit. I thought of a long hot bath. I am just not up to the effort tonight. Maybe it will rain and it will all go away. I didn't eat good today. I think sometimes I can eat the discomfort away. Did I fall off the turnip truck or what??
Bye.....Joanne
Old 09-29-2002, 08:19 PM   #30  

Sorry you're flaring up, Joanne and Happy. I've been doing fairly well but tonight I seem to be down again. If I weren't way past menopause, I'd swear I have PMS. Tonight everything overwhelms me. I used to be able to cope with pretty much whatever came along but sometimes now I think I'd rather just crawl in a cave. I sure hope I'm in a better frame of mind tomorrow as dh's bro and sil are stopping in for lunch on their way by between their son's and their home. It's really not the best time to spend a day getting ready, visiting and cleaning up. Just too many things in need of our attention. A plumbing problem, a banking problem, the furnitue problem, etc, etc.

Have been pretty good eating wise and exercise and waterwise today. Talked to my little dollies too. Should be feeling pretty good. I've just made a cup of apple cinnamon tea. that should help. And I still have a half cup of ice cream allotted. Wonder if that would do it?

No wonder you feel like dancing, Ally. That must have been a fun week, unless you really feel you'd like to be pregnant. It's always STILL a shock to me when I realize I'll never be again (and it's 21 years since my hysterectomy).

Last edited by anagram; 09-29-2002 at 08:25 PM.
Closed Thread