Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:10 AM   #16  
GastronomicVotarist ;)

S/C/G: 215/192.4/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hi theTigz & Justwant2behealty.

I drew some laughable stick figures doing the exercises, it's hard to tell what they are doing. LOL

I will take photo's of the exercises and post them in the next few days!

Rebecca
rebeccamichelle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #17  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread. My name is Jeri, and I'm 33 years old. I've lost over 40 lbs in the last 6 months, and I have almost 100 left to go. I'm dealing with some physical limitations that are making being active a real challenge for me. One of the main things I'm dealing with is pelvic organ prolapse. It causes me pain and discomfort, and is negatively affected by excercise. I can't lift weights because the strain makes it worse, I can't run or do vigorous aerobic excercise for the same reason. I'm also dealing with sciatica and other back pain, which sometimes makes even standing up straight a challenge. While water excercise can work for me, I don't currently have regular access to a pool. When my back is feeling decent, I can do WATP videos with some modifications, but that's about it. I'm focusing on diet for now - but it's hard. For the first time in ages, I really feel like I WANT to excercise. . .but I can't, and that sucks.

Anyhow, that's me!
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #18  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS REBECCA ~ yes, the photos might work a lot better than the stick people ...

JERI ~ you probably could do chair aerobics and hand weights; stretchie band work also. YOu can sit to do a lot of them; I saw on a site that you can use balls while sitting as well. With some imagination, you can come up with quite a few exercises to do while sitting. I strained my lower stomach a while ago, but with some rest, it is now much better. I just have to be careful not to do anything that stresses that area. You might find laying on a couch or bed doing some exercises would be helpful. I like the Tai Chi as it is just doing slow-moving lite motions with your arms or legs that don't overstress any one muscle group; and you can choose which ones to do or not do.

We had another day of gorgeous and +10C -- even the sidewalks were melting today. NIKO and I spent at least 2 hours out on our deck basking in the sun. I like to take a book and read out there at this time of year as there are no buggies until June ... yeah!

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow; take good care ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #19  
GastronomicVotarist ;)

S/C/G: 215/192.4/140

Height: 5' 7"

I just finished making a blog for it on blogger. the blog is called osteoarthritis exercises.

I made illustrations for all the exercises I use myself that work great. I never have any annoying swelling or pain with these and they really burn your buns.

Can't wait to share the link as soon as I am able!

Be talking to you two soon, R.
rebeccamichelle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #20  

Godammit!!!! I wrote a post on here this morning, previewed it and didn't submit it! Dammit!

Was probably quite boring anyways lol

Just can't remember what I said

Anyways, take care all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TheTigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #21  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, we had another lovely day today -- that must be some kind of record for us, so many in a row like that. I actually hope that it continues but my weather forcaster said that some clouds may be moving into our area sometimes this week; I couldn't get that to come up for me yet tonight. Seems that the internet is having all kinds of problems lately; esp the IE. My personal homepage only comes up once in a blue moon these days; not sure what is going on with them these days but sure hope they get that all fixed up soon.

So I just did stuff around home today including some mending. Made a nice pot of homemade meatball and veggie soup for lunch. We had deli chicken, veggies, and salad for dinner. Had a good day; NIKO and I spent some time on our porch, and I did some reading while catching some rays too.

THANKS REBECCA ~ I appreciate that you took the time to do that and will be glad to see them. Since you are an artist, you probably could do nice sketches too.

Hope all our friends here are having a good day; and everyone is in good health and spirits too! Take good care now ... Rosebud
Old 03-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #22  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we awoke to more this AM but some clouds rolled in and stayed til late afternoon, but the temps stayed up there despite that at +9C for most of the day. Our forecast is calling for 2 more days of sun too, so that will be awesome!

Our snow is melting quickly too; we can even see some grass here on our front lawn and near the fir tree. Two doves decided to have a swim in a puddle in our laneway which is on a downward slant so it is one of a very few that is clear already; and the males are trying to impress the ladies, so I'm sure that spring can't be too far away.

Been having some really good on plan days lately; I'm getting better each day and have had NO JUNKIES so far this month. Going for a record of no junkies this month; hope I make it ...

I made some homemade Turkey-Vegetable soup for lunch today and it was delish; we had pork steaks with veggies/salad, and brown rice mix for dinner tonight. You can get a pretty good idea of my meal plan each day as I share with you all what I am eating each day. I had a ham & cheese omelette for breakfast this morning with 3/4 of an ww english muffin.

I am also slowly cutting down my bread & starchy complex carb consumption a bit at a time; I share it with NIKO and he is quite happy about that. I am making good progress with that; this seems to be working much better for me than trying to cut too much out all at once.

Take good care ladies, and do have a terrific Thursday tomorrow ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-10-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #23  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ whoah, it's been awefully quiet in here lately ... hope our ladies are all OK out there!

PURPLE ~ hope you are feeling OK and that all is right as rain in your life right now. Still sending up prayers for you sister that she is healing well from her surgery. I hope your PC hasn't crashed on you again either ... am sending up prayers for you too!

We had another day today with some wind, so it was a bit cooler but the temps came up to the high 50's F which was a bit of a shocker for here. It does cool off at night and will be for tomorrow too with some clouds moving in, but the sun will return ...

I made some more homemade turkey vegetable soup for lunch today and we had fish, veggies, salad, and I had a few sweet potato fries for dinner tonight. So far, so good on my NO JUNKIES challenge; none for this month!

Take good care, and do have yourselves a Fantabulous Friday everyone ... Rosebud
Old 03-12-2010, 08:47 AM   #24  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! Sorry I haven't been here in a bit, but not feeling very well lately. As I had mentioned before, the MS has attacked again, so wasn't feeling well and very tired and now, I've developed a sinus infection and fluid in one ear. I'm so tired that I fall asleep every time I sit down, even holding the laptop computer last night-lol! Good thing I didn't drop it!

Rosebud-Your weather sounds just wonderful lately! We've actually gotten into the 40's F just yesterday. I can't believe you've had 50's! That's just incredible! Spring really may be close I'm glad you've been able to stick with your plan too. You keep inspiring me. I've not been on plan every day, but I have done it this week. I have the problem of eating when I feel bad, both physically and emotionally, but, then, of course, I feel bad because I ate poorly, and on and on. But, I do now understand that each meal is a new start rather than thinking that as long as I messed up already, I just as well quit. Keep up the great work, Rosebud! Your fish and sweet potato fries sound yummy!

Hi to everyone else too! And, welcome to Jeri! We may be gone later this weekend and early next week, as my MIL is having a mastectomy so we'll be going to MN to help her out-I'm sure this is not the way the boys wanted to spend spring break, but family is what's more important. Hope you all have a great weekend!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #25  
Rosebud

HI RONNI ~ glad that you were able to get in here for a wee bit ... so before you couldn't sleep and now you can't stay awake! I prayed that GOD would help you sleep; do you want me to pray the other way now?

I used to have some annoying hand and leg tinglies a few years back; I chalked them down to low-sugar syndrome or hyperglycemia. I would get up and walk around or come on my PC for a while and that would usually help; but if it was particularly stubborn, I'd pull out my secret weapon which was 'BEER' ... it always worked. I know that it has sugar in it and it helped me immensely with my pera or peri-menopause systems too -- and most often it would only take about 1/2 cup to 1 cup and I'd lay down and feel much better, then go right off to sleep.

Still have your MIL on my prayer list; thanks for the update ... will pray extra for her, your DH, your family, and for you too. Your family has more health issues right now than most, I think; so I am surrounding you with prayers every day. I'm sure the boys would want to give support to their Grammie at such an important time as this ... they are good boys! They can make that up some other weekend I'm sure.

We had another glorious day of and in the 50's F again today; the sun is just in the northwestern skies and thinking about setting and it is still 50 F in the shade ... I just checked our forecast and they are predicting sunshine and similar temps for the next four days; that would be awesome!

Try to take good care of yourself and don't overdo it when you go up (or is it down?) to see your MIL; just enjoy each other's company and give her lots of hugs ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-12-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #26  
Rosebud

Just poppin' by to say HI ... we have had 2 more days of awesome temps and lovely here. Went shopping yesterday; got some good walking in too. Today, just stayed home and enjoyed this gorgeous weather; spent some time on the deck with NIKO and did some reading. Not much going on around here right now, as DH was off doing his own thang ...

Our snow is melting more and more each day and we have lots more grass showing around our place. Have been eating well on plan, and am doing well on my NO JUNKIES March Self-Challenge ... yeah!

Hope you are all well; you are all in my thoughts daily and I am sending up some special prayers for you and yours too ... Rosebud
Old 03-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #27  
Rosebud

Well, we had another day today and oh the gorgeous stars out there last night and tonight; so close that it seemed like you could almost touch them ... so lovely! With all this sun, our snow is melting like crazy; more than half our front and side lawns are now melted, so with a few more days like this, it should be almost gone (and they are predicting sun for the rest of the week too) ...

I just stayed home today and did housechores while DH was out and about doing his hobby thing. Made a roast of pork with lots of roasted veggies; so we have lots leftover for lunch tomorrow and probably another dinner too. I want to wash our car tomorrow as it got all covered in mud when we went for a drive recently; and it's good exercise too. DH says that he will help me do that tomorrow.

I'm keepin' an eye open for my tulips and other flowers in my garden; to see when they will start coming up in the side beds. I am waiting with baited breathe ... the ones that came up last year were lovely.

I think spring is on the way for sure; I am hearing some other birds singing in the trees too -- couldn't see what kind they were as they were too far away, but I am expecting to see the robins anytime now. Some of the bigger birds are already starting the mating moves; the male ravens are getting aggressive and the male doves are swooning ...

Hope you all are having wonderful weather like we are; have a great week ... Rosebud
Old 03-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 150/146/125

Height: 5'5"

An awesome sunny day, and here I sit doing what should be my classwork. It is bad enough being an older college student, but Spring Break should really be a break!

I did get to the gym this morning to ride the bike for 30 minutes since I knew I would haven't time later. Will have to do my weights later...at home.

So while I sit and type, I will do some butt squeezes and count down the hours until I get to see my son play his first tennis scrimmage of his high school career. We are all excited! And it will be in the mid 50s today! Nice
Sani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #29  
Rosebud

to 3FC's and to this thread SANI ~ We were blessed with another day again today too. Ya, that would seem like a drag having to stay indoors and type when it is so nice out; but you could take some breaks out in the sun for a few minutes here and there ... good to refresh the mind anyways!

Yeppers, can't forget to do those butt squeezes ... they are essential and can be done while you are typing too. I often do toning exercises like that whilst I am on my PC and when waiting for things to come up as my PC is a bit slower than others. I have my hand weights and stretchie bands right here handy to use; the rest I just do sitting here.

That will be fun watching your son do a tennis match; hopes he does well. I'm not sure if spring break is the same time here in Canada but I did here from RONNIE that it is in the US this week. Hope you get to enjoy at least some of this time. Do come back and visit us as we love company. Some of our ladies are MIA now.

RONNIE is away giving much-needed support to her MIL and family while she has surgery. We hope that PURPLE is doing OK and the same for her family as they have a lot of stressors and health issues right now too. We went up town today so that I could pick up a few essentials; so I got some good walking in today. We are having chicken drums with bbq sauce and new potatoes, salad, and green beans for dinner ... smells so yummy!

Take good care everyone and hope you have a wonderful Wednesday ...
Old 03-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #30  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

phew. okay. hey everyone. *stumbles in*

soooo.. winter is almost over.

I went to the olympics.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=180500192

and my brother rolled my car. but he's okay.

hmmm... otherwise life is good. Unfortunatley for me I figured out the amantadine for ms fatigue is no longer working so im hoping to switch meds soon.

and im headed to winnipeg this weekend for a friend's bachlerette party. life is steady that's for sure. I had to stop running for the winter because I ended up with planter fascitis but that's on the mend

yep the olympics were amazing

*hug* all the best friends I will try to be back sooner rather then later
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote