Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #46  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI RONNI ~ We are sending up lots and lots of prayers for you and your family at this time. Do take your time to grieve dear -- you and yours have been through so much in such a short span of time. Don't worry about the eating right now; just maintaining is a good way to go during stressful periods in our lives.

Just know and remember that you are on our minds and prayers each day; and that the LORD will and is carrying you in His everlasting arms ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #47  

Hey Rosebud, I'm here! LOL

Hit the nail on the head, been overdoing it again. Not really enough to put me in any more pain, just non-stop. I'm exhausted, literally. Almost seeing double as I type and with no booze involved!

We've been doing over the ground floor of the house. SO has been working hard and it looks great. He has no patience and everything needs to be done right away, which is a pain in the butt sometimes, but I much rather he's like that than I need to light a bomb under him just to take the trash out. Unfortunately, as he finished one part, he realises how bad something else looks and he wants to redo that too. He's mentioned laminate flooring for the whole of the ground floor... HELP! I actually am quite happy for it to be done, but I am in desperate need of some serious down time. Hoping perhaps next week as the kids are going to their bio-daddy's for a week (God help em), this week is already shot to ****. Got so much on tomorrow, I'm needing one of those 36 hour days.

Did get some gardening done today, at last. Rain held off just for me and the kids to get some bulbs in the ground and some seeds on the go in the greenhouse. Won't need to do anything other than water for at least a month, so that can all go on the back-burner now.

SO noticed how grey my roots are just now whilst I was doing gardening (was sitting on my famous magic stool). Told me I need to dye it again! GRRRRRRRRR! I have the dye sitting there in the bathroom, but no flippin time to do it! Maybe next week? ROFL Who am I kidding?

Well, I am off to bed and hopefully get a good night's sleep - maybe only wake up 15 times instead of 30! People wonder why I'm nuts. God it helps.

Take care all, hope everyone is ok and gets typing again soon.
TheTigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:10 PM   #48  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, the ***** storm continued through the night and we ended up with about 3" I'd say ... then it petered out and has finally stopped now. I cleaned off the front porch myself (it's not very big though) with my new aluminum shovel and a special brush-thingy ... yes, that's what it is called!

Well, it's an all-purpose brush-thingy and it did the job ... So, they are predicting some for the rest of the week; which means all that snow should melt too. Hope so ...

HI TIGZ ~ glad that you are getting lots done but are still feeling OK; maybe that will help you sleep a bit better. Yes, it's nice to have a DH who is enthused about helping you fix your house up ... huh, huh ... that's a whole lot better than a drollish sloth.

My DH likes to fix things and makes things better, but we don't own this place, so can't do that here. However, he is still enthused about us having our own little cabin; and he is itching to get the floor done this year. Glad for that; hope to get that done and more, but it depends on $$$ and man-power (meaning help, if we can get any) ...

Well, it's time for me to think about hitting the hay; trying to rest my feet and legs a bit today. Just have to pick up a few things sometime this week; and I'm almost done all the sorting ... just a bit more to do in the spare room. I'll have at it maybe Tuesday, we'll see.

Take good care ladies and do have a wonderful week too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-28-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #49  
GastronomicVotarist ;)

S/C/G: 215/192.4/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
THANKS REBECCA ~ will definitely check those exercises out! I did overdo it this weekend and my poor right knee is now sore, so I have to watch that now. It would be nice to have some more injury friendly things to do ...

If you just type in the link, it will come up highlighted so that all we have to do is click on it and we go there, like this ....

http://osteoarthritisexercises.blogspot.com
Thanks, I think I forgot to click the link button. Yeah, I've had that happen, swollen knees for a week because I thought I could do lunges or squats just this once and it wont hurt. WRONG!!! LOL crap... but yeah, I use the exercises in the blog for my interval training it makes all the difference, the two types of elastic bands are really the key to getting a great total body work out.

Last edited by rebeccamichelle777; 03-29-2010 at 09:26 AM.
rebeccamichelle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #50  
GastronomicVotarist ;)

S/C/G: 215/192.4/140

Height: 5' 7"

Default affordable rubber workout bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
YES, THANKS for the exercise thread link, REBECCA ~ I did go take a look at the exercises -- and they look very interesting. That was so nice of you to do that and then share it with all of us here ...

I found what was left of my stretchie bands and as I was showing DH something, they snapped into little pieces about 6" long ... haha! So DH threw them in the garbage; I guess they only last for a year or so then the rubber in them breaks down. I am going to try to find some of those tube type that you mentioned in your site; plus some stretchie bands too, but it may take me a while.

We are planning a trip this year, so I will be taking a list of things with me that we need/want, including some books that I want to find as well. Thanks again, it is very appreciated ...

Oh really? Great, I'm glad you looked, some might be a little awkward at first but no less awkward that not having full mobility like those of us have! LOL

Anywho, I've seen affordable bands at places like walgreens, longs, cvs, k mart and walmart. Usually about $10.00

Have a great trip!

Rebecca

Last edited by rebeccamichelle777; 03-29-2010 at 09:26 AM.
rebeccamichelle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #51  
Rosebud

REBECCA ~ thanks for the tips on where I can get those new stretchie bands and tubes; we do have both k-mart and wallmart here so that's doable ...

Well, the ***** finally stopped yesterday afternoon, and the skies cleared up nicely -- and we had a beautiful full moon last night, as we do right now,
only it's much bigger and closer tonight. We had lovely all day long today and lots of that snow melted; our deck is clear and dry, so NIKO spent a good part of the day out there. It was still a bit cool yet, but the sun was gorgeous just the same.

I just did daily chores and meals today; and spent the rest of the day giving myself a personal care day -- some good old-fashioned pampering! After dinner, I spent a while doing some reading with my legs up; and will do some more again later too.

We are supposed to have all week; that will get rid of the rest of the snow for us. Take good care, and hope you all have a terrific day tomorrow ... Rosebud
Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #52  
Rosebud

I thought I had posted in here yesterday, but looks like I didn't. I had been answering several Newbies in the Introduction Forum as not too many people were answering in there yesterday -- must have all been on holidays ...

Anyhow, we had a busy day; went up town shopping just to pick up fresh veggies and the like for the week. I managed to get in some walking while out too, so that was very good; and I have been eatiing well this week as well.

Today, I did my usual Wednesday housechores in the AM and did a bit of laundry for DH as well. I hung some outside as it went up to 60F and there was a really nice breeze out there too; wanted to save on hydro. I tried to find one of those deck clothes lines and it seems that they are no longer available ... I was disappointed to see that. Just when they come up with a great idea -- you can't get them anywhere ...

Had a good on plan day today as well. I tried out the NSA ice cream today and while it tastes very good, I noticed that it only has 2 carbs less than the chocolate LF yogurt icecream. There is less sugar but with other added stuff like potato starch, the carbs are almost the same. Plus, you get twice as much of the other stuff for the same money, so it's a wash for me. We will continue to get our favorite for a weekly dessert; it's still a good choice.
You have to watch those NSA products as they can fool you sometimes.

Anyways, it was a lovely day; and since it is the last day of March, I will be starting a new thread later tonight. Hope you all have had a great day and week so far -- take care ... Rosebud
Old 03-31-2010, 10:33 PM   #53  
Rosebud

I was just thinking that maybe I will do our threads by the season instead of the months from now on, as right now some of our ladies are on hiatus and others can't come in all the time as they have really busy lives -- so the next thread would be "Physical Challenges ~ SPRING Thread" ...

Also, this makes it easier for me too, as I start other threads too, which get up into the hundreds. I hope this is agreeable with all our ladies here and I do appreciate your input about this too. Rosebud