Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 07:20 AM   #16  

Hi Girls

Is it Hot ???? Yesterday the radio said with humidity it is equivalent to 45C which is about 118.4F. My backyard therm. is always about 5 deg. hotter than the official one. We are just dying here.

Would live in the mall if I didn't have a/c. When my kids were small I was just like Happy - no malls then but spent the day strolling the aisles of Woolco in those days.

You would think some of the lbs. would just sweat off - never drank so much water in my life. Didn't eat much on Thurs or Fri but made up yest. as kids ordered Chick. & pizza. I took the skin off my chicken that should count for something.

Temp is supposed to drop today - it went down to 27 C or 80.6F overnite. It was supposed to rain but all we got so far is the distant thunder.

We are not used to this humidity but so far my asthma meds are doing a good job. Many people rushing to emergency with breathing problems. Many people passing out from the heat on the street and stores etc.

Happy - I have copied and pasted your little poems for future use. Really appreciate your efforts.

Hi to everyone else - have a good day.

Serenity
Old 06-30-2002, 07:23 AM   #17  

Default Hi again

I had a good 3 days in Hadley-no more Northampton-they built a new building and we have to stay at a different hotel. The new one has muffins and coffee for breakfast-I'll have to take my own breakfast of oatmeal and banana.We went to see the yaya sisterhood movie-I cried through half of it because it was about abuse and mother-daughter conflict. It's an awesome movie-great acting!!!And i think crying is cathartic. Gotta get ready for the church picnic. My son is on his way here!!!!!Gonna see Alison. Mima
Old 06-30-2002, 03:21 PM   #18  

Default Hey There

Weekends are slow as usual.. My daughter was here for a few days and went home this A.M.
Happy -It is really muggy here .Rain all around. When it rains in the daytime it is just as hot after and humid.
Serenity .Good weight loss. Keep up the good work. With company this week ,I picked up a little. Now I have to be careful and get it off.
Ally.. Meme.. Hello I am short on words today..Just wanted to say hello..Bye...Joanne
Old 06-30-2002, 03:59 PM   #19  

Mima...I read Ya Ya Sisterhood and could not put it down. I bet the movie is great.
Joanne and Happy......I think I can take a freezing winter day better than I can this heat. I have done almost nothing. Yet, I am uncomfortable just laying on the couch in front of the fan. It was rare that people had air conditioning here in upstate NY...no one had it when I was growing up. Now I can hear the buzz in the air when I go outside. And I wonder what those people are doing inside. I feel like such a slug. I could go sit in the shade, but my lawn chair kills me. I can't get out of it...too low.
Wish I wasn't hungry
Old 07-01-2002, 01:19 AM   #20  

Hello.

Meme - Where in the world have you gotten to now? I just read that book 'The Manhattan 100 Club'. That was pretty good. I read a lot and can never really remember the name of the book, so I hope I got it right.

Ally - I agree - I would rather have the cold UNTIL it is here and then I would rather have the warm. However, 90 is way to hot. I am quite comfortable at 75 or so. At least when it is really hot, I am not hungry.

Hi Mima, Joanne, Serenity and Candice if you are back.

I made the bean salad and the potato salad and both were good.

Tomorrow is Canada Day, my kids are home, and we are going to the lake. If it is really nice, we will take along a picnic lunch, if not we will just go and let Ashley play in the sand and in the water for a little while.

I hope you all have a nice day.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:28 AM   #21  

Actually, it is Manhatten HUNT Club...but I knew what you meant. My daughter is reading it now and she can't put it down either. It makes you think doesn't it?

It is really hot and humid here, too. I'm hurting really, really bad. I've been spending my computer time on making a webpage for a church and posting a devotion on the Federal Appeals Court's decision about the Pledge to the Flag. Here is the devotion if any of you are interested in reading it. There is also a link at the end so you can go vote NO on their decision.

http://www.design-max.net/OneNationUnderGod.html

Here is the church site I have been working on if you are interested in seeing exactly what it is that I DO! (Like I don't have enough to DO!!!)

http://www.111fellowship.com

I've just gotten started on it. They are supposed to supply me with a lot more information and some pictures to put on other pages but I'm at a standstill right now for lack of information.

I'm pooped...I'm going to try to get some sleep!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 07:28 AM   #22  

Default Hi

Serenity-great weight loss. OK girls-it's catching up with me-the lbs. Gotta get back on track-BIG projects done. Been overdoing the wheat so I'm very stuffed. We went to the church picnic-Brad cooked corn for all. It came from your state Joanne. But we only used half of what we bought. it was very relaxing. It's still a little strange-i'm a Catholic and they are all Baptists but basically we are the same-just different beliefs. Actually the Catholic Church is now recommending immersion for Baptism.But we baptize infants and they do adults. Enough about RELIGION-I'm more about spirituality. Satellite people coming today and the dish is working fine. But as soon as they leave you know what will happen..My son is on his way to MA. Gonna be 90 tomorrow!!!!Bye for now-gotta get dressed. Enjoy your grandaughter Happy. Mima
Old 07-01-2002, 09:13 AM   #23  

Default Hey

This is another start over day for me.. I get so tired of this constant struggle with the weight.
Happy- Have a good time on your picnic.. I don't do that in the heat. I like to go to the beach and go in the water ,but, it is always so crowded this time of the year. It will be packed this week.
Ally- Get yourself a window unit. I had them in my bedrooms and in my livingroom for awhile. When the one in the livingroom gave out we stayed in the bedrooms untill we got tired of it and put in central. They don't cost all that much and your comfort is woth it.
I could not live without it. One of my sisters lives in Middletown ,NY. She says she doesn't use Air Conditioning either. I think that is because her companion doesn't want to because he is too cheap. He doesn't use it down here either. She always looks so hot and flustered.
Meme- You must be really busy..
Hello Mima..Candice must be still gone.
Hello Serenity...
My yard has several bird nests in the trees. One is just outside the kitchen window. We watched them build the nest and now the mother is in it. Brown Thrashers...Blew Jays in the palm next to it. There are several different kinds of birds feeding at the feeder hanging in the carport.
Bye...Joanne
Old 07-02-2002, 07:27 AM   #24  

Default Hi

It's going to be 90 today. Yeah-tenant is moving out on Sat.-we need the space. Brad is going to set up his trains later on!!!It's freezing here-the central air is on and we have to make sure we are cool enough this pm. But I'm not complaining because everyone else I know is complaining about the heat!!!brad is putting new steps in this am while it's cooler. My sinuses are acting up-too much wheat!!Have fun everone-stay cool. Mima
Old 07-02-2002, 11:58 AM   #25  

HI
Old 07-02-2002, 12:07 PM   #26  

Hi don't know what happened there.

We had a great holiday weekend. Daughter flew out at 7 am this morning and has class in Vanc. at 10:30 am. Step daughter and family have now gone to visit with other relatives, so we can get back to our routine.

Mima - I find it interesting you should blame your unus prob. on whet. I have never noticed that. Will have to keep track. I have had sinus problems forever and have nasal and sinus polyps, for which I have had many surgeries.

Joanne - We were not seeing any birds at all last week, it was much too hot for them too. The temp. has dropped to the 80's now but wind is 40 mph gusting to 70 mph and the birds don't really like that either.

Mime - The Manhatten Hunt Club had good reviews but I still haven't read it. I will be going to get a bag of books today and will look for it.

Happy - Hope you had a good Canada Day. We had hoards of mosquitoes. BBQ and then run indoors to eat it.

Ally - I've been on the waiting list at the Public Library for months, before the movie talk etc, for YaYa Sisterhood. It has been a very busy book here. I would like to read it before I see the movie.

My points are not doing good - (chesse cake)

Serenity
Old 07-02-2002, 01:54 PM   #27  

Angry Good afternoon everyone

I hope you are all having a good day.

Yesterday was Canada Day. We went to the lake - had a picnic. Ashley played in the water for a while. I guess it was warm in the water, but it was a cold wind blowing off the lake. We moved across the street to the Provincial Park, and had a picnic. They also had a Farmer's Market at the lake, so browsed through there as well.

Serenity - NO Mosquitoes here!!! No moisture at all. I guess that is about the only good thing about no rain. Glad you enjoyed the day.

Mima - I don't know about you, but airconditioning always causes sinus problems for me. Can't stand to have it on in the car.

Ally, Meme, Joanne and Candice - Hello. I am off to get my hair cut right away, so am running out of time.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:33 PM   #28  

Default Hey

Happy- I do believe it is just as hot if not hotter in your area as it is here. We have been getting some rain and that cools it a little. Biting bugs we have a plenty. We are having the 4th of July and I imagine there will be a lot of people picnicing. We never do anything. We might ride out to the beach and watch the fireworks.
Serenity.. Cheesecake and esp. Chocalote cheese cake is hard to resist. Just plan and count the points. I have been watching myself really close this week. But if There was anything tempting around I would be in trouble too.
Mima...Your place sounds like my son-in-laws house. My daughter and I are usually wearing a heavy sweatshirt there. He keeps it like a freezer!My daughter is halfway through her masters program and she has made nothing less than an A. I am really prowd of her.
Hey Ally,Meme.Candice...
I had my first PT session. This is just a waste of my time and money. I do the same exercises most every day anyhow. I told them I will only come back one more time. I can do these things at home and save 30 dollers copay.I am going out again tomorrow and try to find a knee support. I think it will do more good.
Bye..Joanne
Old 07-03-2002, 12:06 AM   #29  

My mom had another stroke yesterday at 6:15 p.m. This one was MUCH worse than the last one...twice the size! She is completely paralyzed on the left side this time...not just her arm. Her speech is slured and she can't swallow. Don't know when I'll get time to get back on here...I'm just home to take a shower and get a few hours sleep!
Old 07-03-2002, 07:34 AM   #30  

Default Hi

Everyone pray for Meme and her mom. This is a tough time not knowing what's going to happen. Serenity-I am allergic to wheat and milk and they cause congestion which causes my sinuses to swell up. And being away-I have eaten a lot of foods that are not good so now i'm trying to be good. I actually do better in humid weather. But it's not humid in here. This started last week at work. Son will be in MA today. Brad put in steps yesterday to the deck-no more step stool-hung the last plate shelf and installed my chandelier!!!We are getting there. We are having a huge cookout next week. Wish you could all be here!!!!!!!. I am on my last stitches for the needlework piece for\the wedding Sat. Can't wait to see all my relatives-especially my aunt. Mima
Closed Thread