Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by D22Guzman View Post
Okay I have lost some weight I use to weigh 300 lbs but it seems that I have stop losing weight I have started a new diet plan and a new exercise routine hopefully it works I will keep everyone up to date I also started new meds by the name of Topamax® (topiramate) i have really bad migraine headeaches. Has anyone heard of it? it has literally taken my taste buds away I dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing oh wells we will see...

I have diagnosed with MS so I want to lose weight before I cant do much on my own so i am optimistic if you can call it that...wish me luck...here I go on my journey...

Every 10 pounds...
I read that there is a correlation between D3 deficiency and MS. That if D3 deficiency is improved based on some test (not sure which, not the basic D level, the test has to check to make sure your body is able to use it) that symptoms are helped.

Sorry I can't remember exactly which one.

Last edited by deetermined2; 01-09-2011 at 05:06 PM.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hopscotchgirly - you might also want to check out the info at
www.stopthethyroidmadness.com

there is some very good info on the connection between thyroid and mental health at
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com...mental-health/
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

does anyone know what your levels should be because my doctor just reduced my thyroxine because they said it was abit over but when i go next month im going to get the actual levels and see what is what as i am still tired all the time and hair falling out
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #49  

cathy thanks for them links i also have had depression for several years aswell xxx
Old 01-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

ems 81wales - you need your doc to pay attention to your symptoms. you still have hypo symptoms and he is reducing your meds can you get a copy of your latest bloodwork? it is a good idea to always get copies of your bloodwork.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:43 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 189/144/104

Height: 5'1"

After reading the posts in this thread, I think I may be in trouble...

2 years ago I went for a medical check up and the doctor found a tiny cyst in my throat/neck area. She prescribed Synthroid (half of the tablet) but I don't remember what it was supposed to do. I took Synthroid for about a week but each time, my chest would tighten which made it hard to breathe. So I stopped and never got back to my doctor. Since I wasn't officially diagnosed with hypothyroid, I thought I would be ok.

Now I checked the website posted here with a list of symptoms, and I have almost ALL of them... my skin and hair are really dry, feeling cold all the time, hair turning white and falling off (I'm 29), constipation, slow weight loss, etc.

So I want to have another check up... but I don't know how to go about it... do I have another x-tray to check the cyst? Do I just tell the doctor I think I'm hypothyroid? I really wish I paid more attention to this before...

And did anyone get the same reaction to Synthroid? It felt like my throat was closing up... and it was giving me migraines, too... Or is that how it's supposed to work?
brokengently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:58 AM   #52  

Thanks cathy i am going to ask them for the results and maybe ask them to refer me to a thyroid clinic xxxx
Old 01-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #53  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

has anybody here had problems with Levothyroxine? I recently switched doctors because I moved, and when I went to pick up my Synthroid in November, I noticed it was the generic. Since it was 4 dollars instead of 30, I went ahead and took it for two months.

I wasn't actively losing weight those months, it being the holidays, but I have never been an over eater and was still making healthy choices. I intended to maintain, which I have never had a problem doing when I am on the right meds.

When I went in a couple weeks ago to get my levels checked again, they were HORRIBLE and when I stepped on the scale, I had gained 25 pounds in 2 months.

I am back on Synthroid again, and the pounds are coming back off, but I am extremely mad about working so hard to lose those 25 pounds and now I have to do it all over again!

I am also mad at myself for not catching it in time, I tend to wear leggings and big hoodies for most of my clothes since I work from home so I didn't feel anything get tighter... I am super depressed about this.
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #54