Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 03:59 PM   #61  

Default fro ak rosey

Morning ladies..sounds like you are all doing so well..congrats on your losses..i need apep talk..i have been very bad..eating things i know i am not to have..with a bad attitude..like cookies..chcolate..and chips..and my portions are to big..sometimes i just say the h--- with it and go bonkers..so today it is back on track before i undo all the good i have done..help..i know only i can do this for me but what makes us go off the deep end.. i guess we are just human..hope to do better thanks for listening..rosey
Old 07-08-2002, 06:32 PM   #62  

I just started getting Prevention.. I like it so far!

LOL you can call me a BIG CHICK but not for long... Heehee!

*Judy
Old 07-09-2002, 12:11 PM   #63  

Wink

Hang in there Rosey! You can do it. I threw out the rest of my cookies (after eating the 5 remaining Keebler chocolate something or others) and there is an unopened bag of low fat Chips Ahoy's in there but I really, really like those and 3 cookies has like 5 or 6 grams of fat and like 22 carbs and 3 cookie feels really good, like you actually got something, you know? I had some grilled salmon and green beans with those cookies last night. Yum, tried to walk, got rained on after 5 minutes, actually ran 2 blocks, and didn't hear the pavement cracking so that's good. Woke up at 92, Yeah!. Uh oh, I am going to have to work on this to try to keep pace with Judy, I was at 237 last year, now at 205- aiming for 180.
Old 07-09-2002, 04:38 PM   #64  

Default from ak rosey

Hey ladies..am better today..but sure felt yucky yeasterday..both physically and mentally..if i pay attention to how i feel my body will tell me when i eat wrong..and i hated cheating on myself..the cooikes..m&ms..chips and mashed potatoes with real gravy did me in..i wanted to hurl..i really felt awful..so it wasnt worth my temporary binge..am ok now..do you find being diebetic that you can tell when you eat wrong by how you feel??am getting company again so have alot of chores todo..housework is not my idea of fun..grr and also cooking..always a challenge when i cant eat what i cook and also finding the most economical meals as my budget is small rite now..wouldnt having a maid and a cook be nice..some dream..thankyou for the support..talk soon..rosey
Old 07-14-2002, 11:11 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Wink

I'm 33 y.o. and was just recently diagnosed as type II diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. I also just gained 9 pounds. I don't know how that could have happened. And all of my weight is in my stomach. Being short it makes me look like a bowling ball. I was so depressed yesterday that I was looking on the web just yesterday and found this board. I sure am glad that I did. It'll be great to talk with other's with the same problems as me. Maybe I can help you, and you can help me too!
Old 07-15-2002, 01:49 PM   #66  

Join the club! We're all here to help and support each other. I turn 36 in 8 days and was diagnosed back in the end of February with my type II. sucks doesn't it? didn't think I would be dealing with it until I was 45 or 50. As the other regulars here (Judy and Rosey) can tell you, it's about eating healthy, EXERCISING, and trying to get the nast visceral abdomen fat (it's the stuff that's causing the insulin resistance) trimmed down through enjoyable but consistent, steady exercise.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:36 PM   #67  

Hi everyone,
I haven't been around much lately, busy as heck at work.. Hope everyone is doing ok.. :0) I'm doing fine, still doing the same ol same ol. Eating healthy, walking everyday, and keeping my life in perspective with all this Diabetes stuff... Overwhelming? Sometimes yes it gets sickening to think about this all the time but then on the other hand it is a wake up call to do what I need to do...

Again hope you are all well and talk to you all soon!

*Judy
Old 07-18-2002, 11:49 AM   #68  

Hi everyone...interesting thread you have going on. I am 26 yrs old, have PCOS, borderline Type 2 Diabetic, & Insulin Resistance. Trying my hardest to get this all under control. But as you all know, it's not that easy.

I post over on the PCOS/Insulin Resistant forum, as well as The 100 Lb Club here at 3FC. Would love to see some you join us.

Wishing you all the best..

Old 07-18-2002, 12:52 PM   #69  

Uh Oh Jennifer, "borderline" diabetic? They way my dr, the diabetes educator, the other message boards I go too, they all say the same thing...either you're diabetic or you're not....and the 1 example that they ALL love to give is...you're not borderline pregnant are you???? I've skipped over to the PCOS board before and it's interesting. When I was first diagnosed with my type II back in February, I thought maybe I had PCOS, but I miss on the one big characteristic that everyone talks about...irregular periods....I'm like clockwork in that dept and my gyn didn't think I met the criteria for PCOS. Not only that, if I did have it, I'm already on glucophage which I know some PCOS sufferers take to control those symptoms. Take care! Pam
Old 07-20-2002, 01:56 AM   #70  

Default from ak rosey

Hey ladies..i am here..just been real busy and i have been struggling with the food thing..i have lost my incentive..still trying just not as hard as i was..want to get it back..one day at a time..right..hope you all are doing well..talk soon..rosey
Old 07-21-2002, 05:35 PM   #71  

hey rosey, its me marlene, i am so happy to have met u and i was wondering is it daylight or nighttime in alaska? how do u stand that??? does it affect ur eating habits? i just got back from vacation and lost 2.6lbs for a total of 18.8lbs in 7weeks i am so thrilled and i hope i can keep up the pace i really want to lost 30lbs by my birthday and 50lbs by xmas do u think that is reachable? it is hard when u are on meds i take 7 different meds a day so i know what it is like plus insulin pen too i am hoping that i lose enough weight to get off of most of these meds i go to the docs on wed i know she will be pleased with my weight loss and maybe adjust my meds for diabetes and high blood pressure we will see
well have a nice evening or daytime
Old 07-21-2002, 07:21 PM   #72  

Default from ak rosey

Hello ladies..marlene nice to meet you too..i must be the only one posting from alaska..the dark and lite was hard to get used to at first but i have lived here for 26 years now..so no it dosent affectme at all..and it is lite in the summer and dark in the winter..congratulations on your loss..it does feel great doesnt it..just keep doing what works for you..we are all diff..and follow your drs advice..i too take alot of meds..didnt know how sick i was but feel pretty good now..some days are better than others but thats part of this disease..you asked if it was possible to loose that much by your bday and xmas..well anythings possible and you have made agood start..i try and take each day as she comes..more like life style changes then a diet..i struggle everyday but even small successes help in the big picture..i have so much to loose that smaller goals work best for me..i will bet your dr. is relly happy with you..keep it going..and let me know how i can help...it been a quiet weekend so far..i really needed that after so much company..am off to bingo tonite..hope i am a winner..wish me luck..talk tomorrow..rosey
Old 07-21-2002, 07:49 PM   #73  

oh rosey i do wish u all the luck at bingo.... thanks for ur encouragement and for answering my questions about alaska
i have never been there and would like to visit there some day
well i will keep u posted and u do the same ok i am always a email away
Old 07-23-2002, 03:24 PM   #74  

Talking MY BIRTHDAY

Well, I turned 36 today!!! My sugars have looked so good this week, it's scary. I've put those same 3 pds back on. Kind of hard to get them off this week. It was my sister's birthday yesterday (she's an insulin and oral meds dependent type II herself) and we went to Arigato's Japanese steakhouse for dinner...yum, yum, yum....I won't even mention how much rice I ate and then Publix (southeast chain of grocery stores -who make the best yellow cake!)for dessert...I walked w/in an hour after getting home and never went over 105? Whatever I'm doing I hope it lasts...We are going out the Cheesecake Factory for dinner (and obviously as the name implies, dessert) There will be about 9 of us, so we are going to order only about 3 pieces of the most delectable dessert ever created and split it. More walking tonight!
Old 07-24-2002, 09:12 AM   #75  

good morning all, well pamela happy birthday to u,,,i noticed my sugars dropping immediately being on ww...they are super now and in fact they drop faster than usual and my doc put me on different insulin 70/30 which acts faster in a shorter amt of time which insulin are u on? i also take glucophage, actos, amaryll for my diabetes plus i am on diovan (blood pressure), dipentium for (ulcerated colitis), paxil ( aniexty) and a aspirin regimen
i know it is hard being on a diet but ww really allows u to eat what u want as long as u stay within points alloted let me know how u make out this week ok u can email me if u want [email protected]
marlene
Closed Thread