Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 09:27 PM   #46  

Angry Hi there

Hi everyone,
I've been pretty busy too but I'm here. I'm doing pretty good here with the food and exercise. Lost another pound this week!
I'm feeling do good I can hardly believe it. It's been hotter than a pistol here for a week so my exercise has been indoors. Thank god I have a treadmill and an exercise bike I can use.

Hope everyone has a good week and a Happy 4th!!

January 2002 278
June 2002 223
Goal when? 165
Old 07-01-2002, 09:25 AM   #47  

Unhappy

RUT ROH!!!didn't excercise this week and was pretty bad food wise. Gained 2 pds. That will be gone by the end of this week or else!. Glad you are doing good. I'm in Florida, hot??? between this humdity and evening rain, I'm dying...I love outdoor exercise and it's so hard to be motivated to stick the Richard Simmons tape in (Disco Sweat is my favorite). I don't have the $ for a decent treadmill at this time. I have a friend who's bringing me his old roomate's mini trampoline after he cleans it off (it's been in the garage for awhile, you know where most peoples exercise equipments ends up at) so I'll give that a shot and my best friend bought herself an elyptical machine for home. There's 2 things I know about myself. It's doesn't matter if I weighed 90 pds, I would still hate running and still wouldn't ever get an a stair climber or elyptical machine. They require way too much energy! Have a good week!
Old 07-02-2002, 03:20 PM   #48  

Default from ak rosey

Morning ladies..boy am i glad the weekend is over...i was so pooped i didnot do anything yesterday..chasing after the grand kids wore me out but we had such a good time and i miss them allready..i did not weigh as i usually do on monday becuz i had not taken my dieretic since last wed.. and wanted to get rid of the water i had retained first..and boy did it work..also i was chicken to weigh as with the kids here and all the commotion i was not a good girl..so i was worried i would have a gain and since i had not lost in 2 weeks..i was really avoiding the scale..but today i bit the bullet and weighed and was i surprized, i lost 3#s..am so excited.. must have been all that running after the kids...so how did your weekends go?? judy congrats on your loss too..way to go...keep it up....Pamela do not be discouaged..just keep at it and it will happen...am thinking of you both..and thankyou for the support it really helps me..my husband is not that supportive becuz i have never been successful before and have been on numerous diets so i understand why he reacts this way but it is nice to get an atta-girl once in awhle..anyways heres to succcess to all us chubby girls( i hate the word fat)..have agreat day...rosey
Old 07-02-2002, 05:45 PM   #49  

Way to go Rosey!! 3# is a great loss for a week.. Keep it up everyone!

*Judy
Old 07-03-2002, 09:52 AM   #50  

Smile

yeah to weight loss for the Big Chicks!
Old 07-03-2002, 02:15 PM   #51  

Default frm ak rosey

Morning ladies..am still happy as a clam..thnkyou for the atta-girls...hope you have agreat and safe 4th..talk soon.. rosey
Old 07-03-2002, 04:26 PM   #52  
wsw

hi rosey!

Congrats on the 3 lb weight loss this week! That's great! Thanks for the pep talk, too. It helped. All the best to you. Have a good 4th of July! Take care.

wsw
Old 07-07-2002, 08:56 AM   #53  

Hi everyone.. Well my doctor's appointment on Wednesday was good, she told me I'm doing great and to keep doing what I'm doing <glowing smile>. I did my official weekly weighin today and I've hit the 60 lbs mark... woohoo! Lost 5 lbs this week, don't know why but I'm not questioning it.. lol I've been pretty busy with my walking and cleaning and just keeping busy so that could be it... We've been taking advantage of the local farmers market too eating a lot more fresh veggies and fruit. My son and I actually eat vegetarian about 4 times a week now it seems. We are careful to watch the protein and iron intake though, making sure we get enough. :0)

I'm ecstatic today only 50 more lbs to go!!! lol
Jan - 278 July - 218 Goal - 168

Good luck to you all this week and keep on moving even if its pretending to swim in your chair or leg lifts anything is better than nothing... :0)

*Judy
Old 07-07-2002, 01:34 PM   #54  

Default from ak rosey

Morning ladies..Judy..yahoo..yahoo..yahoo for you..congratulations..am so happy for you..doesnt it feel great?? sunday is my day and am going to do what i want today which means no cooking and i get to play bingo tonite..i am so addicted..but it is so much fun..hope you all do something fun today to..talk soon..rosey
Old 07-07-2002, 06:06 PM   #55  

Congrats Judy on the weight loss! That's wonderful... I need your good fortune and hard work to rub off on me! Going to go biking right after i get done with this. Pam
Old 07-07-2002, 09:15 PM   #56  

Thanks Rosey and Pamela.. it sure is a good feeling to be successful at this finally! I guess Diabetes wasn't a 'curse' afterall it was a blessing in disguise to get me on the right track.. :0)

*Judy
Old 07-07-2002, 10:06 PM   #57  

Default congrats...

That is great Judy - you are an encouragement to me too....I go to dr. tues....a little nervous...I haven't been feeling real good - my sugar is up a little....but I did lose 3#'s this week...just since I found this web site....I am so thankful.

Rosey, you have been a real encourager too...thanks. Did a little gardening today, plus napped....just so tired, though I think it is myh sugar out of wack. But I am thrilled to have lost some weight....Tomorrow I quilt with ladies at library....always a good day for me, the oldest inour group is 92..then the others are in their 80's & 70's on down....I think I might be one of the youngest..ha, ha.

Think of you all - thanks for your positive input. Stitch.
Old 07-07-2002, 10:10 PM   #58  

Good luck at the doctor :0) I am told that the heat and humidity is causing some people to have higher glucose levels.. Doesn't seem to be affecting me but I've heard it a lot from them. Keep cool! and congrats on the weight loss although I hope it's not from the elevated sugars..

*Judy
Old 07-08-2002, 07:06 AM   #59  

Thanks Judy, Feeling better today, went for a walk and know it is going to be hot and humid....thats ok, my garden is doing great and loves the weather. I think my diabetes is a blessing too, I just need to keep reminding myself to stay on the course. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Have a great day. Stitch
Old 07-08-2002, 07:50 AM   #60  

Talking

My Aunt's been giving me her issues of Prevention magazine when she's done reading them and a co-worker subscribes to Shape. They have good articles and feedback from people who are forever trying to win the battle of the bulge. I clip the "success" stories out and hang them on my bulletin board. They are a reminder that it is possible to lose weight, be healthier without feeling like you are sacrificing everything you love. i bought some sugar free jello and sugar free/fat free jello for my snacks this week. Time to get back on track. Road my bike hard for an hour last night. Let me ask you gals, what are your am fasting sugars like? Just last month, the average was 115, I've now gotten it down to like 100, but I tested as low 88 to 93. Have a good week all! POWER TO THE BIG CHICKS! (hope you ladies don't mind that term, it's my favorite. A couple of years back I went to Atlantic City with about 9 co-workers at my old job and there wasn't one of us under a size 12, so we named ourselves the big chicks)
Closed Thread