Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO CHICKIES ~ Well, the really cold winter has finally arrived here; down the to -30C's; but I bet VAL has colder temps than these even. It's hard to get used to and my furry babies are a hoppin' from one paw to another; think I'm gonna have to get them some booties for their paws. I wonder if baby socks would work? Could at least try that, I suppose ~ lol!

whoohoo ~ that's an interesting moniker; does it have any specific significance? Make sure you come often and post lots; and tell us something about yourself. PURPLE and VAL both have MS and have done a great job losing weight; wish I had a sample of PURPLE's daily menu. She has been loosin' steady from the start. These ladies will understand your disease and feelings about it very well.

Everyone here has some challenges to face physically; but we keep trudging along. I was born with SPINA BIFIDA; had some surgeries, but my back and walking still give me problems. I think a positive mindset helps; and my goal is towards a new healthier lifestyle. We just know that eventually things will have to get better; the scale isn't the only indicator for us. I have lost many inches and sizes; which makes me very happy.

We had a good day of relaxation; and had a nice roasted chicken dinner tonight with lots of healthy veggies. I have to keep pushing myself during the coldest winter months; am trying to do walking around the inside of the house. Did do my arm weights and chair aerobics today. The colder temps bother my legs right now; I'm sure this will pass soon enough. Heck, it is almost the end of January already and Dh is pining for spring; don't blame him really ...

PURPLE ~ am praying for your DAD that all goes well for his surgery; and have a wonderful time with your mom. Talked to my DAD twice this week; and they are doing well, thankfully. Yah, I really feel good when I have days that I stay on plan well; it gives me a bit of a boost to my morale. My biggest goal is not to gain anything this winter; but I would prefer to lose about 1-2 lbs a month???

Maybe my legs will feel better tomorrow (not so much pain); I'm sure it's the cold causing this. We had a great day today; Dh has a bit of work to do on the car this week (all minor cosmetic stuff though). I hope everyone has a great week; take good care, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #32  
Rosebud

HELLO MY CHICKADEES ~ pretty quiet around here these days! We had another lovely sunny day; and there's a lovely full moon out there, but the clouds are crowding him a bit right now ~ lol!

Anyways, just did stuff around the house today; it's crispy cold out there pardners, so I'm sticking to the indoors. DH has been busy playing with his new(er) car all day; and that's always a good thing. Had a good ON PLAN DAY; very happy about that. Had a wee nap earlier, but thought I'd just drop by and say hello ... hello ... hello ...

I did my crossword puzzle for the night; and I also like to do those circle-a-words; DH loves them. I try to do things like that to while away the winter nights. WHAT DO YOU LADIES LIKE TO DO TO PASS TIME IN THE WINTER? Any hobbies besides games and the like. I know PURPLE plays a lot of games and goes out a lot; but what do you do in the wintertime??? hmmm???

Well, that's all for now; talk to ya'll soon, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #33  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I'm still kicking

purple and strength to you while your Dad is in the hospital. How is the situation now?

Rosebud
It's good to hear you're pushing yourself with exercise during the colder months. This is my first winter where I've found exercise I can do on a daily basis and it really helps me feel better.

!! to whoohoo I have RRMS but the first year before I began a disease modifying treatment was very hard energy and mobility wise. I did find that a windsor pilates beginner tape helped me a lot because of the stretching and deep breathing. (I have a problem with mental sharpness and when I do pilates in the morning it helps combat the cognitive fog I feel). Even now, when I'm in 'remission' I wish I could do high impact exercise but I stick to treadmill walking.. and a stationary bike because my balance isnt the best. You're at the right place to make positive life changes. Come back and post more about yourself when you have time

Ever since I changed my ticker to get past the '62 pounds lost' hump I have been losing steadily again. I'm fitting into smaller clothing so that feels good too. I really want to wear a shorter jean skirt this summer in a size 14 or 16... so that's my next goal. Anyways back to work for me!

Take care all!

Last edited by valpal23; 01-22-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #34  
Rosebud

HELLO CHICKIES ~ I took advantage of another day of sunshine; went out ski-walking today three times. The first two were short to feed the birdies in the backyard; in the afternoon, I went out for a longer walk around the front parking lot, which is quite large. I just had to soak up some of those gorgeous rays; but, had to bundle up good though becuz it is a nippy cold out there right now.

HI VAL ~ nice to see you pop in; glad everything is going well for you right now; how's work going? Got any special plans for the winter like a SNOW CARNIVAL, or something like that? We have one coming up in early February and we are formally opening our new arena complex at the same time; lots of big wigs expected from the government and media. I hope our town does its very best to shine for the occasion ...

AND YES, VAL, Congrats to you on your continued weightloss success; you two are pretty busy on a regular basis and I think that helps. I have also continued to lose inches and sizes this year, so some are of the opinion that I never was in a complete plateau, and I did lose three pounds. They kept taking my ticker off becuz I wasn't losing fast enuff for them, I guess; so I just switched to the dragonflies for now. I'll just keep track with XXX's instead ~ LOL!

Well, I think all that fresh air made me tired, cuz I fell asleep after dinner tonight; did my puzzles first and then dozed off 'til 10:15 pm; ha! Oh well, I must have needed it, as DH likes to say.

PURPLE ~ hope all is well with your DAD tonight; keepin' him in my prayers for success and a speedy recovery too. I realize that you are busy with lots on your mind; best wishes ...

TAKE GOOD CARE ALL, your friend ROSEBUD:hug
Old 01-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #35  
Rosebud

HELLO CHICKIES ~ well, we have been blessed with so many days of sunshine and what a difference it makes when it's very cold outside. I was able to go SKI-WALKING yesterday and today; I've been pushing myself to go out and using feeding my birdies as the excuse to do it. I noticed that the more I do it, the faster I get; the key is to start small and work my way up by extending 5 minutes at a time.

I took some more pics; one of the low-lying lake behind our place; I have to figure out how to shrink all my pics so that they will fit in a post. This will likely take some trial and error, on my part. Besides that, I just did laundry, housework, meals, and such. Did have a wee nap after my walk and did my daily puzzles; I'm trying to stretch my mind and make more brain cells work harder; well, that's the theory, and it sounds good ~ LOL!

PURPLE ~ hope all is well with you and your treatments; plus for your DAD and mom too. I'm hoping to have an update soon. ^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ...

HELLO TO VAL ~ your workweek is almost over again!

Take good care, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 01-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #36  
Rosebud

HELLO LADIES ~ we had lovely sunshine earlier today, so I went out for a walk using my ski poles again (called Nordic or Ski-Walking). Did a little over 30 minutes today, but the wind started to pick up and was quite nippy.

We are just staying home today and taking it easy; our SWEETIE is under the weather, so we are taking extra care: she's on meds (antibiotics) for three weeks and she only has one week left.

Our Winter Carnival kicks off next week, so there will be lots of activity going on in our town then; our winterlude, they call it! It helps to make the time go by faster in the winter. Kept ON PLAN really well this week; hope next week is the same.

HEY PURPLE ~ hope everything is OK with you and yours! Still praying for your Dad too; for a speedy recovery!

HELLO TO VAL AND MO TOO ~ have a great weekend, ladies ...

Well, just a short visit today; gonna go have some tea, do my puzzles, and maybe have a wee nap too. Take good care, your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-26-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

First of all, thanks Justwant2Bhealthy for directing me to this sticky! It will be nice to chat with people who understand what I am going through.

I was diagnosed with a form of Muscular Dystrophy called "Myotonia Congenita" at the age of ten. In the past 5 years I have been diagnosed with Fibro, CTS, Myofasical Pain Syndrome, Patella Femoral Syndrome, and Osteo in knees and spine.

The funny thing is if you saw me you would never know. That what makes me feel so isolated ,because no one understands what is going on inside my body.

I look forward to getting to know you all!
Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #38  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

Sorry I have not been able to post here but been so busy.

Firstly thanks for all the well wishes from you all and your prayers. I am glad to report that Dad has come out of the operation well and is still in hospital recovering.

I do not have time to reply to all your wonderful posts today as I am so tired with visiting and fitting my treatment in.

crbowles to this thread here I am sure your will find the help and support. I do not have your health issues but I do have ms. Here you will find people who will understand what it is like to have things going on with their bodies that no one else understand. It is good to come on here and tell people who have physical challenges things that are difficult and we understand where you are coming from. Even maybe able to offer a solution or way round that you had not thought about.

bye bye all catch up soon.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #39  
Rosebud

HELLO LADIES ~ We had a busy day today too; made a turkey for dinner and that's always a lot of work but Dh helped me this time. Our little SWEETIE needs extra attention right now; so I was running around with her (will explain it more later). Baked some pumpkin bran muffins for this week as well; DH's favorite snack is muffins of any kind.

CRBOWLES ~ I'm so glad you found us; sometimes it can be confusing for newcomers how to maneuver around these forums and threads, but we all catch on after awhile. Boy, you sure do have a lot going on in that body of yours; and I do know how you feel. I have multiple health issues (not all specific diseases) that act up at different times or all at once, if they decide to ~ lol! Come back and post often!

We had lovely sunshine early this morning, then it warmed up and started snowing just a wee bit, while Dh hollered out the window: stop, stop; we don't need anymore snow right now.

PURPLE ~ I'm so glad that you and your Dad are doing well; I was getting a tad concerned that we hadn't heard from you for awhile.

VAL ~ THE PICS ARE IN ~I finally figured out how to downsize my pics and I have posted a picture of myself in my profile; just click on my moniker (Justwant2Bhealthy) and select 'view profile" and you will see me! I am gonna try to download some pics of my furry babies too (SWEETIE is white and PIN PIN is the beige one).

Well, this will be short for now to get the pics in; so take care, your friend ROSEBUD

Sweetie 5.JPG Pin Pin #4c.JPG

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-29-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #40  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

crbowles come back and post more about yourself when you get a chance. Rosebud is right -- the boards were overwhelming to me as a newbie for awhile. It takes some time. I dont have near the amount of health problems you do but I can relate to the 'looking fine' part. I was part of the 'if it aint bleeding it isnt hurt' mentality. so much for that!

Rosebud yay you got the pictures uploaded! good job! sweetie and pin pin are adorable dogs So you're getting adjusted to the digital camera then?

Purple I hope you are doing well.

as for me... it's Monday so work is sucking more than usual. Our manager wont start for a couple weeks so bleh. And my knee has been hurting.. again.. more... basically not getting better. I kind of feel like complaining about things ya know? There's this mess at my job.. and I get dumped on by people not even in my office... I'm guessing because I'm younger? It's just not a happy day.

AND I'm trying to get health coverage at work... but for some reason the broker my office deals with will only include life insurance in the package (life insurance and chronic illness dont mix I'm sure you all know) so I'm frustrated

wah wah wah. not a happy camper today. I hope the start of everyone's week goes better than mine!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:12 AM   #41  
Rosebud

HELLO CHICKIES ~ A very mild day out there today; almost raining, was hard to tell tonight, with a very fierce wind but it stayed at 0C right on. Kept busy running after SWEETIE all day; she kept me hopping, but she's worth it. She's on meds and vitamins, so we have to find creative ways to get her to take it just like you would a kid ~ lol!

WARNING: YUCKY ~ don't read while eating; haha! There have been some changes in that tumor/lump: it sprung a leak, so I had to make a bunch of diapies for her out of an old flannel sheet; but it's workin' wonders. Now we just hope that it will heal itself after it finishes draining. Sorry, is that 2MIF? Anyways, she's a lot perkier than she was before; and that's good news.

VAL ~ sorry for you that you had such a rotten day at work; I remember days like that, when the new and younger employees got dumped on. I worked in a ministry office one year and stuff like that happened there too; most of them were great people, but there's always one or two that need an attitude adjustment ~ lol!

I'm puzzled why the insurance won't include health coverage when it's supposed to be a prearranged group plan (vs not individual) that's part of a collective agreement. Maybe you could get some help from your union rep; and keep pushing it, becuz they may relent with just a little pressure.

Just did housework and stuff around the house today; and then played with my camera and pics this aft. I put up some pics in the Christian Encouragers thread as well: the furry babies, DH, and our Christmas lights. I'll post some more here a little later as well; so stay tuned ~ haha! I have a fun new hobby to while away the winter!

PURPLE ~ Hope you are well and best wishes and prayers for your Dad too. And VAL, I hope the rest of your week goes much better (will keep you and your situation in my prayers too). Take good care, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 01-29-2008, 11:03 PM   #42  
Rosebud

HELLO CHICKIES ~ just a short check-in tonight. Had a good day, but was a bit tired. The weather is crappy: lol! Rain and wet and damp and cold: all in one; it was slippery out there, so I just stayed in. Don't like this kind of weather as everything turns to ice. Hope the colder temps come back in time for our Winterlude though!

Didn't do too much today; had a longer nap 'til 7 pm. Fatigue catching up with me, I guess. Been running after SWEETIE to change those diapies; it seems to be getting better, thankfully.

Hope everyone is feeling well; take good care, your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-29-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:05 PM   #43  
Rosebud

HELLO CHICKIES ~ Well, the jokes on me; I thought yesterday was yucky. Ha! Today, we woke up to one of the worst 'WHITE-OUT' snow storms I've ever seen; everything was closed, including the highways. It has stopped now though; went and checked when I let the furry babies out. The front of our place was like a sheet of ice, only now it is covered with snow.

Had a good day otherwise though; just did laundry, housework, and stuff around the house, as no-one could go outside for long. We had plans to go to town but will wait 'til the weather is better. DH finds it boring being inside so much.

MORE PICS ~ here's some more pics of our backyard. The first one is of a lovely sunrise I captured a couple of weeks ago; can't believe how good it came out. The one beside it is the huge snow mountain (which is bigger now) that shows by the house and vehicles in the background just how high it is. We do have lots of snow this year.

PURPLE ~ there's our fenced-in garden before and after it got buried. I had to laugh when you said that you envisioned this beautiful garden fence becuz it is very rustic-looking and made of wood slats ~ lol! But hey, we like it and that's all that matters; and the birds like to sit on it too.

ANYWAYS, hope you gals are doing well; Take good care, your friend ROSEBUD

Attachment 28286 Attachment 28288

Attachment 28287 Attachment 28285

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-07-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #44  
Rosebud

HELLO CHICKIES ~ Well after that doozy of a storm we had last night, it was nice to wake up to beautiful sunshine today. It was still very cold though and everything was covered in frost. Didn't do much today; just stayed in while DH went to town for errands and played with our car this afternoon. Hope everyone is doing OK right now.

I am going to start the new monthly thread for FEBRUARY; fresh new thread for a fresh new month. Just remember that it's one month closer to summer now. Take good care, your friend ROSEBUD.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-31-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #45  
Rosebud

NOW HEAR THIS ~ we are on the move again ...

STOP! DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE ...

Please go to the new PHYSICAL CHALLENGES FEBRUARY'S MONTHLY THREAD #006 -- see you there ... thanx

ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-31-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Closed Thread