Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 11:27 AM   #31  

Default Hello

Hi everyone. Joanne-that was funny. Make a trade-you know what for the lights etc. Glad you are back Happy-you are as busyas Meme.Sounds like a great condo. Ally-hope you are ok. I remember 2 years ago when I got "dumped". Best thing -that guy had so much baggage and now I never went out with someone like Brad-he even waits on me. I loved my husband but he was Irish. Used to be waited on but he was a nice guy. But Brad and I also connect on a spiritual level which I never had before. It took him 3 years to realize what a great person I was. Haha!I kept seeing him at the singles group and would talk to him or sit with him in the restaurant. I don't even know why I did that. I didn't think he was interested in having a relationship.Things have sure changed. Hi Meme whereever you are!!Hi Candice. Mima
Old 12-09-2001, 06:07 AM   #32  

I'm still sore from falling off the pot! Dh would never do any cleaning!!!!!!!!!

Happy..glad you are all moved in, sounds like a nice place. Did you take you KitchenAid too????? I finally found one that was not marked or chipped and I have been making cookies the past two days, make it so easy on my shoulders! The bad part is I have to sample my cookies!!!!!!!!! Most of them will be given away but when they are hot out of the oven I can't resist! Does it take awhile for your eggwhites to Whip????? mine took forever and the book said a minute am I doing something wrong????

Meme.....When I'm on here my order is rest then crap cause I haven't been to bed yet and I crapped earlier! Can't crap twice! I know I am full of it..you don't have to say that! So you don't want to help decorate, aren't you the party pooper! (just be sure and use the litter box!)

Mima..sounds like you are in love! A man that cooks healthy food, now find one for Ally!

Ally...I know what you mean about he credit cards, I try not to use them but when the stores run a special if you put it on your card I have to use it to save something! I have one more to pay and that is all from my shoping spree during PT. Now gotta get al this stuff wrapped, the kids will be here next weekend!

Joanne...glad you got some relief in the knee, sometimes the shots don't work so well. Dh used to trade off but not anymore, he is too tired to help out! So you are a seamstress?????

Oh..I bought a cookie press with a ratchet handel and I couldn't get my dough to stick to the sheet, anyone have some advice????
Old 12-09-2001, 07:38 AM   #33  

Default hello

Hi everyone-what a pretty snow we had last night!Of course I now have to get my car out but it is good in the snow. Going to the movies today and then out to eat. Glad all my shopping is done and wrapped as I am super busy now. And I'm working Thurs and FRi and then next week. Candice-I love to make cookies and give them away. I made some breads the other day but I burned some because they cooked faster than I thought. I make up plates to give away. I'm allergic to wheat so I'm pretty safe with them around. But if I wasn't......I actually think I've lost some more weight -don't have the urge to overeat-what's that all about-don't worry-it won't last. Hi Meme, Joanne, Happy, Ally and Candice.Mima
Old 12-09-2001, 04:39 PM   #34  

We have snow here in NY today too. But it will get warm and melt. My kids may not be able to ski this year.
Candice.......how is your arm? You are typing up a storm so it must be better. I have a friend who fainted on the pot twice. And my kids tell me that my exhubby put his back out while on the pot.
I still don't have a tree.
But it does look Christmassy around here.
Gotta go watch football and knit hats for Christmas. Good thing I can't send you one..they are sure funny looking.
Old 12-09-2001, 08:36 PM   #35  

Default Hey There

Candice-- I have been making my clothes since I was 12 years old. The first thing I made was a blouse from a flour sack. That was in the days that they used to put flour and sugar in print fabric sacks. You saved the sacks till you had enough to make a garment. As most young girls I wanted to have new pretty things and that was how I got them. I since have made most of what my daughter wore when she was small and then peer pressure came into play. I had my own small business while my children were home and did very well. It got my daughter and son through college. I then went back into nursing for several years.
Memi.. LOVE IS IN THE AIR !! I think that is a song.. I am glad you are happy and having a good time..
Ally.. I have heard of a lot of things but your ex. getting his back out of place while he was on the pot takes the cake. Now you are sure what he was full of..That must have one big log...
Hi Meme and Happy.. I got some lights out in the front area. I don't know how long they will stay. I see one is already starting to fall. I will have to fix in a.m. My hubby doesn't realize scotch tape won't work. Trading off with him just gives me more work.
Bye for now...Joanne
Old 12-10-2001, 05:08 AM   #36  

Ally..my arm is still hurting but it is some better on some days! I think I overdid baking!!!!! The cold seems to make it worse too So your Dh put his back out sitting on the pot..who got him off (the pot that is??)

Joanne, one big log, that was a good one and I din't know scotch tape worked on outdoor lights!

Mima, I'm counting my points but it is so hard not to over eat the cookies! What kind do you make??? I have made the mexican wedding cookies, choc. pixies, cranberry sugar, cookie press vanilla,and Dh favorite Choc chip! Plan to do some more but I have to get everything ready for my boys, they will be here for Christmas this weekend and my sons BD.
Old 12-10-2001, 07:17 AM   #37  

Default Hello

Hi everyone-I need more sleep-we went to the movies and out to eat but Brad didn't go home til 10;30.And he had to go to work.Tonight we are going to a planning meeting for the singles group so I have to cook supper for him. Back to planning meals sometimes. But he's not fussy.Yikes-what am I doing!!!!!I have been alone for 11 years.But half the time I was lonely and the other half enjoying myself. Happy-hope you are getting settled.Hi Ally. You sound more upbeat! Candice-cookies-I have made chocolate chip., Chinese noodles dipped in chocolate,Can't quite think of the others. This year I made sugar and am going to frost them.Hey meme-how are you. Hi Joanne!!What a great seamstrees you must be. Where did you grow up? Have a good day-I need to walk to get the cobwebs out of my head. Mima
Old 12-10-2001, 08:42 AM   #38  

Default Hey

Mima- I grew up right here in Florida.. I have lived in the same town all my life. I was born on a army base in South Carolina,Charlston.
That's the point ,Candice, Scotch tape doesn't work . I haven't even bought what I need to make cookies. I will probably do that the last few days before Christmas. I don't have too much will power.
It is still really warm here. I have a full day.. Hello to Ally, Happy and Meme...Joanne
Old 12-10-2001, 06:19 PM   #39  

STARTED NEW THREAD.
Closed Thread