Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 07:02 AM   #16  

Default Hello

Joanne-how nice everyone can be together. My 2 younger children and I went to FL. 2 years ago and we were all together at Christmas. It was nice and I knew it was special. My new friend Brad got 10 pts inour relationship by praying for me when I was sick and calling to see how I was the next am. This feels very comfortable!!!Scary!!!!!!Ineed to keep in the present moment. I took my grandaughter out for her 14th birthday. Dad has a new girlfriend -that is good because he has been alone too long. Good for Jessica too. It would be nice if it worked out and Jess came to live with them and get away from her drinking mother. I am feeling better today-gotta catch up on my bills. Ally- hang in there. It's not what could have been -it's what is.I feel for you. Hey Meme-Are you out there memorizing lines!!!We know how busy Happy is. Hi Candice with the pretty pictures. Have a good day all. Mima
Old 12-04-2001, 02:02 AM   #17  

I'm still here...just cleared 54 messages out of my inbox...whew!!! There were 114 in my junk mail box to get rid of, too. I always scan them to make sure they are junk before I delete them!

Got all the play lines memorized already! I did my parts at practice last night without my script and didn't have to have any prompting!!! Was rather proud of that...I have the most lines and was the only one that didn't have to look at them!

Got the tree put up tonight but didn't get the train and village finished...ran out of time! Time, time, time...where does it all go. Had to go to the therapist at 9:30, met daughter for lunch then did some more shopping. Ran home for 2 hrs. and made a huge pot of soup and straightened up the house. Back to Cookeville and met son. He helped me with hubby's Christmas present. Then picked up Ross at school and took him to Burger Kings (he was hungry!) Then home to finish the village on the entertainment center and decorate a little more. Ate and put up the tree then hubby wanted a little "free" entertainment in the bedroom...I'm absolutely dead!

Saturday I went to Opry Mills...did nearly half of that mall...then went on to Hickory Hollow and did about 3/4 of that one then went on to Sam's and did every aisle of it except automotive. Didn't get home until 9pm. Then went all day Sunday without a rest and now today!

I just got to thinking today...the Rheumatologist told me he wanted me to go to therapy, start walking and get more rest! OK...the therapy is taking up about 2 hrs. two to three times a week plus driving time, the exercises they gave me from therapy to do at home are taking 20 minutes, twice a day, 7 days a week. The walking (30 mins. three times a week) is taking 1 1/2 hrs. a week. Altogether, he has added over 12 hrs. a week to my "to do" list yet he wants me to get more rest! Isn't that just like a MAN???

Love the snowmen...(pretty, quiet little men who make no demands!!!) As soon as I get everything finished, I'll make some pictures to share! Hubby finally got all the outside lights done (and working!) They are gorgeous! He did the whole front of the house, shrubs, porch rails and all! I hope you will be able to see all my angels on the tree when I make a picture!

Gotta go to bed, I have to finish the village under the tree tomorrow morning, give a lesson at 1 and another at 2, go get Ross at 3, make dinner and then teach from 5 to 8. Then Wed. I have another P.T. app. at 9 and a Dr. app. at 10:30 on the other side of town and get in another 30 minutes of walking, then play practice Wed. night. I have Jenna Thur. and Friday...Thur. night is Kaylyn's Christmas play and Fri. night all 4 of the "older" kids are in a huge outdoor Christmas Pageant at their Church...gotta go see that! Got a full day again next Sunday and then start all over again with P.T and walking on Mon. Gotta get my Christmas shopping finished somewhere in all that crap...still have 6 presents and a gift card to buy and don't have ANYTHING wrapped yet!!!...plus I haven't even started on my Cards...and I have to help my Mom with her's!!! AND YOU GUYS WANT ME TO COME DECORATE FOR YOU???????
I DON'T THINK SO!
My therapist asked me today when I was going to get some rest and I told her I was planning to come back as a cat in the next life. She asked why a cat and I said because then I could just eat until I was full, go crap in the corner and then curl up in the most comfortable chair in the house and go to sleep!!!
Old 12-04-2001, 06:56 AM   #18  

Default Good morning

Hi-almost didn't make it here since my computer keeps freezing up on me and my battery also keeps going dead-another thing to do-contact the company.Still under warranty. Oh meme-you crack us up!!!!!I'm still laughing at your post. Finally going for a walk today with Auntie-I haven't walked in a week. But I did swim and go to Yoga. I have a date tomorrow night. THIS IS SCARING ME!!!We are thinking alike! And he's so willing to try stuff I like to do.I suppose they all are in the beginning. It's like childbirth-we forget. Oh yeah-6 of my checks lost in the mail have been cashed!!!Hope this month's get there. Have a great day everyone. Bye for now. Mima
Old 12-04-2001, 10:02 AM   #19  

Default Hey There

Meme- I am tired reading your post. I can say this how lucky you are to get your hubby to put up the outside lights. If I want them I have to do it. So I guess unless I can get my son to help me there will be only a few. I guess it will be less work after christmas for me.
Ally- Be Happy...
Mima- Have a good time and stop being scared. Maybe this time is the charm.
As for me, I would never try it again. I am probably at 69 (in March) older than you all. I have never been alone for any length of time in my life, I would not know what it is like. Someone told me that I would get lonely. I have so mamy projects going all the time ,I wonder how. My days are never long enough. I will have been married 48 yrs the 26th of Dec. The only magic formula I have found to men is give them what they want and keep them happy and the rest of the week is yours,sometimes.
Hello to Happy- Hope you are getting settled .
Bye,Joanne
Old 12-04-2001, 07:11 PM   #20  

Meme......Really, I don't know how you would get any rest.
I don't even want to think about a tree. In fact, my kids are not all that interested and I just may let it go.
I have a lot of bad memories connected to the tree. My father used to throw hammers and yell and not talk to us while dealing with the tree and my husband was the same.
One year my boyfriend cut his finger to the bone while putting the tree up and sewed it up himself cause he didn't want to pay to go to the emergency room. Now that was fun.
Last year, the kids and I picked a "baby" tree and it was too small for the stand. We leaned it against the wall!!
I won't even think about something as involved as putting up outside lights.
I don't have shopping done either and it is not due to no time, it is due to no ideas.
Don't you hate shopping for those people who have everything???
I must be really easy to buy for.
Old 12-05-2001, 05:58 AM   #21  

Got my new mixer today and it had some nicks and scatches so I called the company and they said take it back to the store. So my son is doing that today and if they have another one in almond I will get that.....those things are heavy and me with my bad arms..this will make you laugh.......The corner I had it in was kinda dark so I moved it over to another part of the kitchen to repack it to take back and when I sat it down on the counter my tummy got pinched inbetween the bottom of the mixer and the counter and my arms wouldn't lift it up! DH was in the tub so I just kept trying..boy did that hurt...Finally got my tummy pulled out and it left a big red mark!

I also fell on Monday while cleaning the bathroom, got a brusied bottom and a sprained foot! Hit my head too but it is ok..I think.....duh......I think....duh...I think........I was standing on the toilet cleaning the shelf above it and when I went to step down I turned my foot and down I went..glad nothing is broken cause I hit the floor hard! Lke Joanne..I am bruised and very sore!

Gotta get some rest and then go crap in the corner like Meme!
Old 12-05-2001, 06:44 AM   #22  

Default Good morning!!

My computer is driving me nuts-it only happens in the am and when I'm on Yahoo!!!Ally-you sound depressed-buy yourself a Christmas present and do something nice for yourself!!!Joanne-I have been alone 1/2 of my life and I can survive very well.But I have been lonely somewhat . I know that a lot of people feel like you do. I am 63 and he is 60 but he has had a heart attack and has type 2 diabetes so I probably am in better health. I want some guarantees. I don't want to take care of someone but then I might want someone to take care of me. We talked on the phone for 2 hours and he said some things again that I was already thinking. I must have been scared because I kept waking up last night. He really is quite different from anyone else I've been married to or dated. Date tonight!!!Let's see how it goes. I hope everything is going smoothly Happy.Hey Meme-Hi! Oh Candice-that story was funny. But I'm sorry you fell. Hope you are ok. Going out to breakfast with some retired teacher friends and if my head doesn't feel better then I will go to docs. I think I have a sinus infection.Sometimes it goes away by itself. The humidity in FL. always helps.The weather here is awesome but not for my allergies. See you guys. Mima
Old 12-05-2001, 07:01 PM   #23  

Candice...you're doing it backward...you're supposed to eat, then crap and then rest! Get with the program!!! Oh...and stop cleaning those shelves in the bathroom! Get you a feather duster with a long handle on it, give it a swipe and call it clean! No comment on the belly masher...I mean mixer...that was just too funny to visualize!
Old 12-06-2001, 06:24 AM   #24  

Default Hello

Hi everyone. Maybe we will hear from Happy later!!!Went out last night-he is getting serious! He is such a sweet guy!!I never imagined how really nice he is-I have known him for 3 years. We went out for dinner.It's going to be 70 today.Gotta get back into walking. Bye for now. Mima
Old 12-06-2001, 09:44 AM   #25  

Default Hey

I went to the Dr. yesterday thinking "Here I go with another knee replacement." His suggestion was let it ride until there is no other way. So he injected it. It feels better already. Thank You God!As long as I can still walk and do the things I love I am happy. It took me a year to get over the last knee replacement.
Candice- You are really getting into some fixes. Mashing your belly and falling down!Someone told me once "close the curtains and pull the shades and no one will see the dust." I don't think that will work for me. You sound like me. I fall really easy.. I am such a cluts. What relly got me was the kids in a truck yelling"can't you stand up ,grandma?"I won't repeat what my sister said. I almost gave them a sign. We are never too old.God must have been shaking his head at me.
Memi.. Look Out!I hope your friend continues to make you happy. We are in the 80's here in central Fl.
Meme- I hope someone gives a really nice Christmas gift for all the things you do for others. There is a star up there for the giving . I wonder if you will feel any less tired. I hope so.
Ally- I agree go out and buy yourself a really nice gift. When I get charged up ,I find all kinds of things I just have to have...
Hello Happy..
I am going to try and do my Christmas shopping today.. I think I will buy myself a Red Dress... Bye,Joanne
Old 12-06-2001, 06:43 PM   #26  

You guys should take a gander at my charge bills before you send me out shopping for my own gifts.
The weather here in NY has been balmy til today, and sure enough I could hardly get out of my chair at the end of the day today. Barometric changes mean my fibro will be in flair up.....just in time for shopping.
Mima...what do you mean by serious...is he moving in? Have you shown him your bloomers yet?
Candice...sorry to hear about your sore butt. I can fall on my butt with no lasting pain, it is my knees that hurt. Lots of padding on the keester.
Joanne...glad you got some relief from your shot.
Happy....hope the move went well.
Old 12-07-2001, 07:40 AM   #27  

Default Hello

Good morning-no moving in, Ally, just visitation rights!!! Don't worry guys. I have my feet firmly planted in mid-air. Well.Ally-then do something nice for yourself that doesn't involve money!!!I'm glad about your knee, Joanne. My aunt had the surgey, she walks every day, normally. She is 78. But other people don't seem as good. Fibros can get bursitis in their knees and other places. Hope we hear from happy today!!I bought my step-grandaughter a new computer from People PC-25 $ a month for 4 years including internet access. Was she happy!!!She is usually so quiet but I could feel her genuine happiness over the phone. And what is 25 a month to me? I think I'll bake this morning. I make up plates that include small loaves of coffee bred, cookies, candy, to give away. Brad is cooking dinner for me tonight-chicken, asparagus. He has type 2 diabetes so we probably eat the same stuff. I think I'll make apple crisp with brown sugar that is Nutrasweet. of course it gives me gas. !!!I can't tolerate a lot of Nutrasweet. Well, I better go and get busy. Have a great day everyone. Hi Meme-are you in bed, I hope. Mima
Old 12-07-2001, 09:35 AM   #28  

Default Hey

Mima-Your feet are planted firmly in the air.!! It is already serious.. And he is cooking too! Yes my knee feels really good. I walked all over the mall yesterday and no pain. I didn't get much done either. It seems when you go out ,at first, all you can do is look. Now I have to get down to business. It is panick time.
Candice -I am going to put up some lights on sat. Maybe that will give me some spirit. First I have to vacumn and clean the bath and kitchen floors. Why do those two places get so needy.?Hope you aren't so sore now.
Ally -I looked at Red Dresses, The only ones I liked cost too much. I guess I will keep looking. When you make all your own clothes like I do ,It is hard to buy off the rack.Hope you are feeling better.
Needless to say yesterday was not my best day. Now my hubby is hinting around... He can forget about it.. I have shopping to do.
Hello Happy...
Bye...Joanne
Old 12-07-2001, 11:47 AM   #29  

Default I finally got hooked up!

Well, as you can see, I am back. They came just before yesterday and hooked up the cable, however, the line for the computer was down, and I never got it working until after 11:00 p.m. and by then I was to tired to think. What a lot of work. Boy, I never realized how much work I could get done, without the T.V., the computer or the telephone - and nobody knew where I lived either. I got everything unpacked and put away, all furniture oiled and polished and all the ornaments washed. Looks so nice and clean now. This place as in floor heating and is that ever nice on your feet and legs. The muscles don't get tight because your feet are cold, anyway. Also, it has the fresh air exchanger (I had that at the other house and I loved it). Had to go to the lawyer yesterday and sign the final papers on the sale of our house and this weekend, will go back and clean it up. My daughter really helped a lot. She washed out cupboards, closets etc., so basically it is just the floors left. Would like to finish this weekend, but am hurting quite a bit, so I don't know if I will be able to or not. My husband will go do it - I know him!

Mima - you sound so happy. It is nice to have a relationship and someone to go out with - and one who cooks as well That was awfully nice of you to get your granddaughter a computer. I am sure she will totally love it. I sure missed mine when I was off, but I was so busy. It would have been a lot worse, if it just shut down and I wasn't prepared for it.

Ally - I hope you are not sinking into a depression. You don't sound like your usual happy self. MEN!! They can do that to you everytime. Go find some Christmas spirit - they might even have some in a bottle if you don't want a tree

Candice - I could visualize that mixer incident. It was hilarious. I hope you didn't hurt yourself to badly, because that machine is heavy. Also, leave the cleaning of the high places to hubby. Mine does that, so yours can as well. They may not like to do it, but it sure beats falling. Hope you are feeling better.

Joanne - glad the shot worked for your knee. Now you can stand and do your Christmas baking. I have to get started with that soon as well. So far, all I have done, is bake some Christmas cakes.

Meme - Hi. I do hope you are feeling better and are able to slow down a little! I think you are your own worst enemy.

Everyone, have a great day.

I just found my Christmas lights, so they will go out on the deck this weekend. I still have a week before I put up the tree, so I am NOT behind. Everyone around me has their trees up and their houses all decorated already. I wasn't sure if I was putting up a tree or not, but you know, I just have to. It wouldn't be christmas if I didn't.
Old 12-07-2001, 07:18 PM   #30  

Happy Happy....Glad you are back. You know...all you girls have very busy lives. Lots of cleaning and caretaking. No wonder this is the fibro board. Not a lot of rest and relaxation going on here.
Mima....A man who will cook for you. Go for it.
Joanne....I am going shopping tomorrow but really have to quit looking at all the bargains out there for ME. I charged quite a bit in San Francisco and kept saying.."oh, you only live once". yeah, and it will take me a lifetime to pay it all off
Candice.....yeah, I want to hear what you are doing with your mixer. I am embarrassed to say that I have never had a mixer. My cakes just come out flat with pieces of dried mix in them.
Meme....I can't imagine what you are doing but I bet it would get me tired.
Closed Thread