Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #16  

Mima, I can understand how you felt with those women. I have been in similar situations, and it is best to keep quiet, which is VERY hard for me to do. lol
I'll pray that you can get 4 more people.

I am hurting so bad today. I told Bob that I'm not supposed to hurt now that I"m retired.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #17  

Default Hey There

Tammy- You finally made it! RETIREMENT!!!Just think all your time is yours to do as you please!!Enjoy it..Work on getting as healthy as you can. It seems strange ,but, that is just what a lot of people do. I did. There just didn't seem to be enough time for me before .
Mima- Politics and religion...Some people can be very boring. I get real uncomfortable around a liberal person. I have a sister that gets on a roll about different things concerning the president and the war.I too just sit still and keep quiet or find a reason to have to leave or change the subject rudely.Politics and religion are private subjects.
I still am not feeling realy good. I am sure it will work itself out. I am trying to watch my eating and taking it easy on my stomach.
Yes Happy the puppy training is difficult at times. My Daughter-in-law says I have one of the hardest breeds to train.. I will get the job done. It just might take longer than others. I can't let a 10 lb dog defeat me.When she gets too difficult I just put her in her crate for awhile. Then when she and I calm down I go to it again.
Hello Meme. I don't know if this one is afraid of storms yet. I wish we would just get a good rain. This area is so dry that we are having brush fires. There is a bad one in Polk co. right now and a few people have lost their homes.
Hope all of you are feeling better soon. Have a Great Weekend...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:53 AM   #18  

Sorry you still are not feeling well, Joanne. Try some activia yogurt with probiotics. Puts good bacteria in your stomache.
Went to the game last night an saw that new pitcher-Dice K, He is phenominal but the batter hit his first pitch and everyone laughed. So many Japanese media!!
Alison applied for a job in Build-a Bear at the new mall-hope she gets it.
Going to a breakfast to join the church but my stomache is not good. I ate 2 things I am not supposed to last night. can't get away with anything.
Tammy-what do you know about those college kids that got killed in that bus accident. they were on their way down here,
Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:40 PM   #19  

Joanne, feeling healthy is what I plan to work on. I am going to get myself on a schedule for going to the Y, and also I plan to start taking Kramer for more walks when the weather is nicer. I'm not going out in the rain, or the snow, or the frigid temperatures. Politics! Oh my!! My brother can't even be around his BIL because he rants and raves about things. My brother just leaves the room, and a few times has left his MIL's house because of it. I agree, it is a private thing.

Mima, our high school band goes to that college for band camp, so I've spent a few weeks there over Tim's HS years. A few of the players are from near here, and one of the boys that was killed graduated from the school where my SIL teaches. It is so sad! Tim played little league baseball against that boy. It really has hit home around here.

We've had another loss of a parent of an elementary student this past week. That is 5 this year. I don't remember ever losing more than 1 in a year in all of my years of teaching. Also, one of our hs teachers lost his mother, so that is 6 parents of staff members this year. ALL of the deaths have been since mid-November. Too many.

We're going to Muncie to visit with Tim tomorrow. Monday is his b-day, so we are going out to eat. He has chosen Damons. Yummy! He comes home for spring break on Friday, and we are leaving for Georgia on Saturday. It has to be warmer than here! And no snow!! Woo hoo!!

My first retirement check was deposited in my checking account on Thursday, so I guess it's really official. lol
Old 03-04-2007, 01:04 AM   #20  

I thought we had most of the restaurants around here or at least in Nashville but I don't think I've ever heard of Damons. Hope you have fun. That's terrible about all the deaths!

Sorry to hear so many are having tummy troubles. I took the g-daughters to eat Chinese last night and had an episode myself. Don't usually have any problems at that restaurant.

Joanne ... sounds like you got a little stinker ... like Nikka was. You're too far in to give up, I guess. So far, Ginger has been pretty good. I got so tickled tonight ... I laughed until I was nearly sick. Hubby was a little ... ummm ... almost sore at me, though. We have an elevator (of sorts) between our kitchen and the bathroom that I've given over part of to Ginger. Well, her training paper is just inside the bathroom door just off the elevator. I was in the kitchen making banana pudding for a church dinner tomorrow and she had went through the elevator into the bathroom a couple of times and was just generally playing around on the elevator. Hubby comes along and sees her there and says: Ginger ... do you need to pee pee? Go on ... go on in there. She is straddled between the kitchen and elevator. Hind feet in the kitchen and front feet on the elvator when he says: Ginger ... pee pee ... so ... she does. Right where she stands. A little went on the elevator, which is carpeted with comercial carpet but most went between the floors and down into the basement. I laughed so hard! He said in a loud voice ... GINGER! I told him not to get onto the puppy because she did exactly what he told her to. He should have taken her and put her on her paper if he wanted her to pee. He just scowled at me. He had to go downstairs and clean up the pee. Too funny! She got her first haircut today plus the grandkids have been here all weekend and she's been very excited. We've had several 'little mistakes'.

MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:38 AM   #21  

That is funny.! Too cute.
We went to the breakfast yesterday and I joined the church-along with our friend Joyce. Baptism tonight at 6- www.mcgregorbaptist.org Brad drove me to Beall's so I could get a new outfit-not that I will wear it in the baptismal!! Love Alfred Dunner because I don't have to shorten the pants. I went swimming and ducked my head under to see what it feels like. I am not going to hold my nose. Hope Brad can take pics.
I am disappointed because Mike can't come-having out of town guests who can only come at 4. But he will watch it on the net.
Have a great day everyone. Mima so sad about those college kids and all those deaths.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #22  

Hey guys-where are you. I'm lonely.
Lost my mail key!!!! Not good !! Will need to pay $25 to get a new key.
getting a massage tomorrow. Almost finished with my painting!! I'll post it. I am going to try to send a pic of my baptism. Here goes Mima
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baptism 002.jpg (18.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg baptism 004.jpg (28.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #23  

Hi mima - my goodness, they put you right into the water! I have NEVER seen that before. Our Baptist Churches don't do that here. Anyway congratulations on your Baptism. Hope you find your key before you have to pay $25.00 for a new one. Keys are sure expensive these days. My front door key to this building costs $70.00 to replace, so I had better NOT lose it. I hate to think what a new car key would cost.

Tammy - you sound like you are going to keep busy and get the rest you need, when you need it. That is good. You have a busy week and weekend planned, so have lots of fun.

Meme - that baby is just too cute. What a little character she is. Well, hubby did tell her to go pee lol Too bad he didn't lift her unto her papers first.

Joanne - I hope you are feeling better. Yes, you can't let that darn dog beat you!

Chris - Where did you go??? I hope you are feeling better.

It is trying to be SPRING here and along with that comes stiffness and pain. As much as I want it to come I wish it wouldn't. Oh well, can't hold it back. I am getting such a sore throat, probably turn into Strep. Haven't been sick for 1 1/2 years so maybe it is my turn.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:03 PM   #24  

Default Hey There

Mima- Our son did the same thing 3 sundays ago. And in the Baptist church too. I told my hubby if his church was closer I would go there.
Our daughter is coming down for the weekend. My B/D is sat. Our G/son is coming and bringing his g/friend. They are talking marriage next summer. I wonder if they will wait that long. They will both be out of school then.
He is 27 and I think she is 20-21. She is a jr. in college. He is working to get a electrician degree. He works full time with a local electrician. He was in the navy 5 years so they are paying for his schooling.
The weather is getting warm. I doubt we will have much more cold. You never know though. This year has been crazy.
Got to go take christy out. She has a new thing. She plays in her water bowl and gets the kitchen floor wet ,then she runs through it and plays. WHAT A MESS she made today.I mop a couple times a week.Maybe I should put some pine sol down and she can do the cleaning!!!
Hello everybody.. Where is everybody? Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:26 AM   #25  

Sounds like a good idea, Joanne, and she'd get her bath at the same time ... and smell good, too! My puppy has been getting bored when I leave her alone too long. I have been putting some newspaper in the bottom of her little 'house' and then a towel on top so ... she has been moving the towel and tearing little pieces of the news paper off and chewing on them. Don't guess they'll hurt her. I guess I can't expect her to just sleep all day.

I'm trying to take the Flexeril and they are making me so sleepy. Sleeping all day is what I'm wanting to do. And that's about what I did yesterday. Neurologist wants me to take 3 halfs a day PLUS 2 whole ones at night but today I had to go to town and get stuff for Choir Practice so I didn't take any. They think if they practice for 2 hrs. they have to eat at break half way through! So I got some sweet stuff and made a plate of cheese and crackers. There are only 20 of us ... but we have fun.

Mima ... thanks for the pictures. Sorry I missed the service. All our Fundamental churches here believe in full submersion baptism. I think only the Catholic, Lutheran and most Presbyterians around here sprinkle (or pour).

going to bed now before I fall over. Don't have to worry about not getting enough sleep now!!!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:42 AM   #26  

Wow about your son, Joanne! My kids told me I wobbled but that robe was soheavy when it got wet and there were stairs all over the baptistry. I am glad you got a kick out of your dog-they can be so funny.
Hey tammy-were you going away? I forget.
Hope you don't get sick Anne-take some zinc lozenges right away.
Worked on my painting for 2 days-will finish it up today-yeah.
I lost my keys Sat night when I was thinking about the baptism and getting a new outfit and going to Walmart. My brain can only hold so many things at a time. Brad is going to hang them around my neck!!!! Not a bad idea!
That fibersmart is working really good. Half of it is the probiotics.
Brad is putting in a new air conditioner across the street. He will make a little money.
Bye for now, Mima and hi Chris.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 AM   #27  

Meme, Damons is a BBQ place. I'd like to be in the choir if you are feeding us!

Mima, congratulations on joining the church! Great pictures!! Did you hold your nose? I would have to do that. We are going to Jekyll Island, Georgia.

Anne, I hope you are feeling better! Sore throats are not fun to have.

Joanne, I like the idea of the dog doing the cleaning!! I've always thought that I could hook something to Kramer's tail because it never stops moving.

I need to go get my shoes on and go to the Y. I've been there 2 days in a row, so I need to keep it up. I've been walking, using the recumbent bike, and doing some of the Nautilus machines.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:20 AM   #28  

Wow,Tammy=yeah!! I had a massage yesterday and I am a bit sore but I should feel really good later.
I am putting myself in a dither about things that are coming up. Had a great class last night about worry and what to do-and we know that it's to put things in God's hands.
The Jamaican trip is not going to happen but I think we are going there fow a long weekend to check it out. And McGregor will have a trip next year,
We were going back and forth about renting a car for Brett and Angela-now it's down to renting a car for them to go back to Orlando next sat.
Otherwise, we have to drive about 6 and a half hours-and miss the picnic!
I finished my painting-it's really good.
I have a new small Holmans Bible and case. Now I am a real Baptist-ha. It's an adjustment,
Bye for now Mima
Old 03-08-2007, 08:52 AM   #29  

Mima, one of the water aerobics instructors is a massage therapist. When we get back from GA, I plan to make an appointment with her. I need a class about worry too! I think I'm getting better though. Renting a car for them sounds better than you making the long drive. I wouldn't want to miss the picnic either!

I didn't go to the Y yet. Might go this afternoon. I have my first meeting with the Darke County Retired Teachers today! It's a luncheon, and I used to work with the president. Should be fun.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:29 AM   #30  

Love it that you are enjoying retirement!!!!! No car-they drive on the other side of the road and they have taxis. You should see the hotel!!!! Isaac's church group will be there.
Brad's almost done with the AC across the street.He's making $500. MMMM
Angela is so excited about coming down here. That's so nice to be able to do this. Brad and Brett may go to Epcot while we go to the Mgic Kingdom. I have been there so many times=I am ok with it. I can rest while Keith sleeps.
Shopping today!!!
Bye for now-Mima