Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #121  

Morning everyone.. gee we must all be busy this weekend..its been so pretty here.. and record heat for us ..it was 88 out yesterday..i was miserable.. me and hot weather dont agree.. also ive had my grdd with the last few days and she keeps me hopping..we are going to plant my deck planters today..i have been struggling with the diet..once u get off of it for any reason its harder for me to go back.. so today is a brand new day and im journaling my food and back to what i know works..nothing like a step on the scale to jerk me back to reality.. i gained 2.5 # back why is it that we gain so easy and the loosings so hard fought for ..hope you are all enjoying this memorial day weekend.. on our shopping trip the other day they were giving away poppies in honor of our veterans.. anice lady gave my grdd one and asked her if she knew what a veteran was.. Hailey pipes up and said oh you mean a dog doctor..it was just to funny but later i did explain a veteran to her..kids sure say some funny things..and she wasnt being disrespectful .. just being a kid..my father and fatherin law where ww 2 vets and i like to honor their memory this weekend..hope u are all having a great weekend(((((hugs)))))) rosey
Old 05-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #122  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi Rosey . . . out temps have been sneaking up there a little bit too . . . but only low 70's so far . . . but our time will come. Wow, isn't it amazing what a little slip can do. But don't you worry . . . usually the stuff that goes on fast comes off again fast when you get back on track. It'll be gone again in no time. Just hang in there and keep on doing the good stuff.

It has been extremely quiet around here this weekend. Not too hard to tell that the U.S. is having a long weekend, I guess.

Anyway, gang, have a great holiday Monday, wherever you are and whatever you do. We, non-yanks, will just have to make do with a normal Monday. We had our turn last week. See you all soon.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:50 PM   #123  

Cool

Morning all.. its cool this am with a breeze.. maybe it wont get as hot today i hope..i love the sunny days tho..the hubby was up at 4am to go salmon fishing with a buddy..they have to fish the tides..hope hes lucky as fresh salmon on the grill is yummy..he was kind enuff not to wake me but i smelled coffee so thats a sure thing id get up then meowee thanks for the encouragement.. im back on track and really hungry.. i guess i wasnt making bad choices just to big of portions.. i hope to get some sewing done today as its quiet and no little munchkin to distract me.. my grdd sure had fun planting..i gave her 3 planters all her own and not sure how they will look but the point is she loved it..have agreat day everyone.. oh by the way how do you attach a picture like u did meowee.. then u all can see what i look like too ((((((hugs))))) rosey
Old 05-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #124  
Onward and Downward

Hi Rosey . . .

Looks like we've got our own private thread here . . . guess everybody is having a great long weekend. I'm with you, girl, fresh salmon, nothing better. Glad your GD had a fun time setting up her planters. Whatever, they grow, it will be wonderful.

To put a picture on, go to 'User CP' and then to 'Change Avatar' and at the bottom (after the little avatar samples) there is a section about getting a picture from somewhere else on your computer to post as a custom avatar. Hope to see you soon.

Have a great evening, kiddo. Keep on making good choices and watching those portion sizes (not something I'm very good at). See you soon and here's a little to help us make it through the night.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:48 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Y'all,

Sorry I've been MIA ... I left Friday afternoon as soon as I got home from work and went camping ... My friend and I love to camp. We're both unattached and rather than sit home wanting to go, we load up and go... try to go once a month...ahhh....

Anyway, we headed to a park in Florida and didn't get home until tonight. We hiked Saturday and then Sunday drove down to the beach (just over an hour from the campground we were at). It was a hot weekend-mid to upper 90's so we didn't hike as much as usual... a thunderstorm came in last night- we heard the thunder and saw the lightning as we prepared dinner, so we put the raincap back on the tent, got everything covered and headed over to the rec room at the campground to wait out the storm. This particular campground was originally part of a CCC camp and one of the original barracks is used as the office and a rec room... it's open all the time. Once the worst of the storm was over we went back to the tent and fell asleep to the rain hitting the tent... ahhhh..... it really was a great weekend...

Hope y'all had a great memorial day weekend.

Thanks to all our military personal for giving us the freedoms we have!

Reba
Old 05-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #126  
creations

Its been hot and humid,92,the last couple of days. Storms due in for the next 3 days.
Spent Sunday afternoon with our son's family at our house. Granddaughter learned about blowing bubbles and going up and down steps. She just turned 16 months and everything is new to her. She still can't have dairy and is still at 18.8 lbs.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Judy S
Old 05-30-2006, 12:17 PM   #127  
Onward and Downward

Hope everybody had a great weekend. Wow, it sounds like there has been some very hot and very unpredictable weather around. Today is absolutely marvellous (by my standards, anyway). The sun is out and the temperature is only 17/18C (mid 60sF). Love it, love it, love it.

Reba . . . sounds like you had a great weekend, even with the storm.

Judy . . . isn't it fun to watch the little ones learn new stuff, like that.

Rosey . . . I keep meaning to ask how your daughter has been doing.

Well nothing too exciting for me. Got some laundry done and some crocheting and quiltmaking. Up early this morning with a hypo . . . first one in a while that has woken me up. Other than that things are pretty good in the BS and eating control areas. Not good in the exercise department, but heh, you all know that is not one of my strong points.

Keep on doing all the good stuff, gang. See you soon.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:23 PM   #128  

Morning all another prettey day here.. my hubby got 2 nice salmon yesterday..about 8# each so when my family gets here we can treat them..today i have had him doing honey do's.. hes not a happy camper but its things i cant do so i elected him..i feel pretty good today.. its amazing what a good nights sleep will do for you..my back has been bothering me alot and so its fueling my resolve to stay on track..the dr says weight loss will help this problem meowee i tried to change my avatar and i guess im doing it wrong but will have my dd help me..have agreat day everyone((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
Old 05-30-2006, 05:33 PM   #129  
stbakd

hi all. my course is going ok. glen
Old 05-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #130  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Hi all.

Sorry I've been MIA... long weekend. I'm in Orange county today and tomorrow for a meeting, so I'll jabber more when I return!

Hope all is movin' and shakin' :P

Hugs,
Old 05-30-2006, 09:16 PM   #131  

Cool

Hi all. Just a quick drive-by. Am all stressed out. The new landlord took over yesterday. My blood sugar is way up and I see attorneys in my future. If you pray, I could use a few.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:34 AM   #132  
stbakd

my bs was 6 this morning. good luck rose. glen
Old 05-31-2006, 09:22 AM   #133  
Onward and Downward

See you when you get back, Josian. Keep doing the good stuff on your little trip.

Oh Rosetta . . . So sorry to hear about your stress, girl. Don't know quite what to say. Just know that I am definitely hoping for the best for you. Try to stay calm.

Good BS, Glen . . . Like your new avatar. Who are the people in the picture? Which one is you?

Nova Scotia is having gorgeous weather again today . . . sunny and cool . . . just the way I like it. However, I know some of the heat will work its way east pretty soon and then I'll be whining.

Sent another .6 of a pound off to ugly-pound-heaven this morning. Not exactly "rapid-weight-loss" but at least it is going in the right direction, so I'll stay happy. After all, the tortoise never promised to be fast; just persistent.

See you soon, gang. Here's some to help us keep moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:50 AM   #134  

Hi all,
I am new here and I have type 2 diabetes. I am currently losing and I have just started exercising at least 45 minutes 5 days a week. I look forward to chatting here.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:17 PM   #135  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi you all and welcome to the new folks,

Has been raining here over the week end,,but has turned hot and humid,,,I can do the hot,,,but not the humid,,,so hope it drys out and the clouds go away,,,

Went fishing on Sunday was nice and relaxing and fun,,,then was lazy on Monday,,,watched movies and had a nice dinner,,,with hubby,,,

Work day for me today,,,have a extra day again so that helps some,,,

My bs are still running high,,,sure hope the 10 pen next month helps that out and that I don't get any extra side effects,,,so far none now with the 5,,,but the wt loss has slowed down so am hoping the change will help out,,,

Thats about it here,,,congrats on all the wt losses I see,,,hope everyone is doing fine,,,I am off to work,,take care,,,Jeanne
Closed Thread