Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

hey Y'all,

Here in LA (Lower Alabama ) it is definitely spring...on the way to summer... temps in the 80's... will probably be in the 90's soon....

today was a normal tuesday...work, water aerobics.... the school year is coming to an end... only 2 more weeks left and we'll be out for the summer...

Jeanne, I read your reply on the other post... glad I can help...

Reba/AL
Old 05-03-2006, 07:54 AM   #17  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Well, here we go again . . . it's dull and overcast this morning and that's the way I feel, too.

Strange, because I did get to move my ticker .8 to the right this morning and that usually sets me up for a good day. But this morning all I see to be able to see is the length of the road ahead rather than the individual victories along the way. Just one of those days, I guess. Oh well, I'm sure it won't last long. Overall, I'm usually a pretty 'up' person.

Thanks for understanding everybody . . . and thanks for just being here. It helps to know you've got buddies out there that really know what you are going through.

See you soon, gang. Keep moving and shaking and heading toward the good stuff.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #18  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Hi all!

Back in the saddle! We are heading out to Boise again tomorrow afternoon to go eyeball some property. I was up at 2 am yesterday to do a potato chip reset, so my sleeping schedule is all out of whack (Took a nap yesterday when I got home.)

Had a girls afternoon out with one of my bridesmaids. Got her fitted for the dress, and we even found shoes. Her daughter is my flowergirl and she is just full of it! One down, two to go. I have one that I'm still not sure is going to be a part of my wedding or not. She hasn't returned my calls and has been beating around the bush.

I guess we'll have to see. Anyway, I'm out of here. Gotta finish up my week early so I can go play this weekend.

Take care!
Old 05-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #19  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning beautiful here today,,,yesteday was a great day got to take my son out for lunch and spend time with him,,,he had surgery a few weeks ago on his shoulder and is kinda down,,,he has 3 more weeks of therapy and then they will cut him lose,,,he is a driller so goes all over,,,gone 20 + and home 10 or so ,,,and has been off for 2 + months so he is about to go nuts,,so mama came to cheer him up,,,he was smiling when I dropped him of ,,,so it must have worked,,,we are close so I miss him ,,,

My fb was 162 this morning,,,but I didn't have anything from like 7 on last night,,,should have had a snack at least,,,yesterday my levels were good all day,,,,so the Byetta is working,,,my teeth hurt tho,,,don't know if that is a side effect or not ?,,,don't like it tho,,,I am still waiting for the results of my MRI from last friday,,,they can be so slow here,,,and of course can think of nothing else,,,sometimes the saying no news is good news just doesn't apply here,,,sometimes no news is just stupid,,,,

The sun is out this morning and it is so pretty,,,got down to 32 last night and suppose to be cold tonight again,,,glad I haven't planted anything yet,,,

Well I am off to get ready for work,,,,Meowee,,,so happy for you that you got to move the ticker,,,,know what you mean tho about sometimes getting stuck on the big number,,,it happens to all of us believe me,,,but from reading your post you do sound like you try to be a up beat person,,,and that helps so much,,,,I get to move my when I am done posting this 2-lbs,,,now that makes me happy to,,,,

Everyone,,,have a great day,,,,remember every day counts,,,Jeanne
Old 05-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #20  

Morning everyone..its sunny today but still cold out we had frost again last night..the snows gone from my deck but still have alot in my yard we had a moose across from our road last night.. last yrs baby.. we watched him for awhile.. nice to see critters once in awhile.. hope he shows up when my families here in june..meowee.. i think we all tend to look at the numbers and not our accomplishments..when i think of all i have to loose i get discouraged.. so i try an focus on 10#'s at a time.. cuz i can do that..you can to.. look at how good u are doing and our aim is to be healthier.. hang in there..josian.. whats a potatoe chip reset?? is it with your job or did u get up and eat them ..what colors are u using in your wedding.. both my girls were married here in our yard.. i made their dresses and we had a bq reception..lots of work but fun too..hello to all and hope u have agreat day.. im cleaning closets today ugh i hate cleaning but want my house to shine for company in june.. i figure if i do a little every day it wont hurt so bad((((((hugs))))))))) rosey
Old 05-03-2006, 05:41 PM   #21  
creations

Good afternoon ladies!
Its been a beautiful spring day here.
Our dear granddaughter had a checkup at dr this morning. She still weighs 18.8 lbs at 15 months and is 30 inches tall. Talks,runs and all that good stuff.

She's allergy to milk and soy,so her food is limited and she doesn't gain,she was 8lbs8ozsat birth.
The doctor says not to worry but this grandma does.
Any suggestions?
Judy S
Old 05-04-2006, 09:49 AM   #22  
Onward and Downward

Morning, kiddies . . . I'm still a little down . . . but hopefully things will pick up soon. I've been eating everything in sight, of course, and that is reflected by my BS which was 7.1 (128) this morning. Luckily, I don't have any really bad junky stuff in the house, but I can sure manage to overdo it with the good stuff.

Goodness, gracious, Judy, I can certainly understand your concern. Poor child. What can she eat? If the doctor says don't worry, you have to try not to.

Thanks, Rosey. I know you are right and usually I can do just that. Just having one of those little funky periods. Have a great time with the housework. Poor you. Try to think of it as good exercise.

Glad you had a good time with the kid, Jeanne. And glad you get to move your ticker, too. Have another fun day.

So glad you are back to yourself, Josian. Like Rosey mentioned, I'm curious too. What is a 'potato-chip-reset'????

Well everybody, please have a great day. Keep on moving and shaking in the proper direction and I'll keep on trying to myself back into a better frame of mind. See you soon.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #23  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Y'all are funny.

This month is when the potato chips get redone in Walmarts. They added some new shelving and are moving things around, so it's a big project... Hence, I'm "resetting the chips!" I only have to do two stores in this area, so that's not too bad. Still a pain though.

Not quite back up to speed yet. I refuse to look at the scale because I know it keeps adding more and more back on. I have an appointment with my endo and gyno on the 15th to talk about it, because I now have 6 months to fit into my wedding dress and I keep getting further and further from my goal instead of closer to it!

I'm still staying away from sugar, bad fats. Eating whole grains and good fats. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can figure something out soon.

Well, gotta get cracking, with the long drive to Boise looming before me tonight.

Hugs to you all!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:18 AM   #24  
creations

Good Morning.
Weigh in this morning,down 2.2 to my surprise. Now to keep it going that way.
Granddaughter mostly eats plain food from scratch,no prepared food,no mixes etc. There a few cookies out there,no ice cream,candy etc.
Will try to get a bike ride it later this afternoon.
JUdy S
Old 05-04-2006, 12:34 PM   #25  
Onward and Downward

Josian . . . never would I have imagined 'potato-chip-reset' was something with a 'literal' meaning. That's hilarious when you think of all the strange things that I was imagining. Like a new way to bring up your glucose level after a hypo, or something.

Judy . . . congrats on the nice loss. Hey, look at the bright side, your grandaughter is definitely learning to eat properly and hopefully she'll never learn some of the worst junk-food habits.

I think I'm starting to feel a little brighter. Now, if only the sun would come out . . .
Old 05-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #26  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi everyone and a good morning to you ,,,Just a fast post am off to work,,it is beatiful here today,,,

My fbs was a little high this morning,,,think it was the snack i had last night with to many carbs,,, will have to watch that,,I got to move my ticker two pounds,,,so am happy,,,congrats to all of you that have lost also,,,

Gotta run have a wonderful day,,talk to you later,,,Jeanne
Old 05-04-2006, 02:32 PM   #27  

Morning everyone its cold and rainy today..didnt get any house work done.. we had company all day.. thats way more fun..wtg to all those loosing weight thats so awsome jeanne and creations.. im jealous.. i said i wouldnt be a scale hopper and only weigh on fridays but since i had been so hungry all week and last i wanted to see im still the same..FRUSTRAION grrrrrr..so i went to this ww web site and read up on motivation and plateus and feel somewhat better.. i gatherd these tidbits to share and hope they help us all 1..everyday is an oppurtunity to succeed 2.. focus on the process 3..plan your meals and snacks daily and journal what goes in your mouth..4..attitude is everything-believe that u can do this 5..when u have bad day dont feel guilty just pick your self up and continue with the process..6.. weigh and measure everything and dont cheat when u write it all down..7.. do some form of exercise everyday..they said plateus happen when your body is happy where it at..so maybe a little more exercise or 50 cal less aday than u are consuming now might get u moving in the direction u want..anyways thought id share what i read..josian thats funny as i had visions of u sitting in bed with potatoe chip crumbs all over actually i like my version better..meowee glad u are perking up..creations.. my grdd is allergic to eggs..shes 8 and weighs 48 #'s.. she also has an immune deffiency and catches colds and virus's real easy.. she was born a natural vegitarian..we read labels all the time for her..eggs are in alot of things they are going to retest in june as her drs said she could out grow this..so know how u feel.. but as long as your grdd is healthy and active thats the impt thing..im going to try and do some house work today and hopefully something will come along and distract me but sooner or later it will get done.. have agreat day everyone ((((((( ))))))))) rosey
Old 05-04-2006, 03:52 PM   #28  

Cool

Hi, all. Surprise, Surprise! I was down 2 lbs. at weigh-in last night. Don't know how I did that since I haven't been very vigilant the last week or so and even ate a few desserts. Still have lingering congestion and may not be able to go to the gym on Saturday as planned. Glad you're feeling better Meowee. Hope the sun comes up soon. Rosey -- I'm sure you'll get motivated to stay on track. Dieting is boring, but the lower number on the scale is such a reward. Time to go to lunch.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:00 PM   #29  
Onward and Downward

Congratulations on the loss, Jeanne. Keep it going in that direction, girl.

Great list, Rosey . . . I printed your post so I'd have it for reference. I've learned the hard way that scale-hopping doesn't work for me. Good luck in continuing to avoid the house-work.

Yippee, Rosetta. Don't argue with the good things, just accept the loss, whatever the reason.

Have a good evening.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:16 AM   #30  
stbakd

wtg rose. my bs was 7.6 this morning. glen
Closed Thread