Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2023, 12:48 AM   #481  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I'm sorry that both of you are having pain issues. I hope you both find relief. I am relatively pain free by comparison. Just occasional back and knee pain. I feel guilty for complaining about the scale when that is my fault.

Trish, I am surprised that your cancer team recommends eating sugary carbs. I dont think that should be good for any circumstances. I guess they have their reasons.

My step daughter got a job and starts Monday. It is not the job she wanted a mile from home but her friend who works there said they have not decided what they will do. This other job came up and they hired her right away. It is close too but 5 miles. It is less money but she doesn't want to pass it up in case nothing else comes up. I hope it works well for her. She worked in automotive for years but business is slow. This is kitchen and bath, no selling, just customer service like before. But think she will like it.
Old 02-24-2023, 10:04 AM   #482  

The scale still says 183. Its not a big deal, just bouncing up and down a few pounds,but this is how I ended up weighing 217 lbs. A couple pounds here and there didn't seem like much but over time it adds up. I will feel better if I get back into the 170s.

We have to make a trip to Wal-Mart today and Target. I don't like Target but they have the fish oil I take and store brand facial tissues we like. For kitchen supplies they can't be beat, pots and pans, accessories, but I don't like the way the store is set up. I am so used to Walmart.

Trish here is an article I just read regarding fasting for cancer treatment.

https://www.cancerdefeated.com/the-m...o-it-yourself/

And another

https://www.healthline.com/health/fa...r#how-it-works

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-24-2023 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-25-2023, 09:11 AM   #483  

Scale still at 183. I got so much walking in yesterday. I had to go over to pharmacy in Wal-Mart and also back to pet food, so more walking than usual. My legs hurt the rest of the day and today,but I need the exercise.

Hope you're doing well, Trish.

Old 02-25-2023, 10:37 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue Thanks for the articles. They are pretty good, but one thing they say isn't true. You can't get rid of cancer just fasting. The dietitian I'm reading about said that keto/IF helps the treatments work better and protects the good cells from damage, but it does not cure cancer. I haven't been able to do strict keto because my gut cavity will only hold so much food and no more. I am going to fast tomorrow and Tueday hoping to ward off side effects. When they ask me if I ate, I'm going to just tell them I can't eat because it won't stay down.

I slept until after 1 pm. I just couldn't get up. My FBG was 84. I think that might be one reason I was so tired when I woke up. I'll be so glad when I start taking chemotherapy.

Old 02-26-2023, 07:03 AM   #485  

Well, Trish, they always say you can't believe everything you read on the internet. Anybody can write anything. Luckily, you have done your homework and know how to recognise the truth from untruth.

I want you to feel better and if chemo does that its worth it. If you slept until 1 pm your body needed rest. Your body is fighting cancer. That fasting blood sugar of 84 is perfect. I am finding that higher blood sugar at night keeps me from sleeping good. I sleep but it is restless sleep and I don't feel rested afterwards. After 15 years of diabetes I am still learning. I need to put what I've learned into practice. I wish they taught all these things when you are diagnosed. I feel they are on the wrong track.

I hate the scale right now but I will get on later and face it. The scale doesn't lie. It tells me that what I've been doing is wrong. I got DH on the scale yesterday and he is losing weight in spite of his poor diet. He is eating less of everything.

Yesterday I cooked some cauliflower rice with spinach. I mix in some parmesan cheese. I haven't had that for so long and I forgot how much I like it. I need to get back to more vegetables. It is easier to reach for the snacks DH has around than to cook something. But those snacks only satisfy while I'm eating them. They have no nutrition. I know what to do. I need to do it!
Old 02-26-2023, 09:38 PM   #486  

Not mudh happening today. I had pain rhis morning gut wasn't too bad. I have 5 pills to take at 9 pm and then I take the other 5 pills at 3 am. We have to be at the oncology office at 8:30 am. I willl check in tomorrow when I get back home.
Old 02-27-2023, 02:17 PM   #487  

Scale is down a bit to 183.0.

I hope all goes well at the oncologist. I hope to hear how it went but I know you may need to rest. Just remember, I am praying for the best for you.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-27-2023 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-28-2023, 12:24 AM   #488  

The first chemotherapy went very well. However it was a long day, Got there around 8:30 am and paid half the half the billl, hoping to get funding from Ameriican cancer association.. Tjey gave me so much drugs to keep me from getting sick. They told me I will probably sleep all day tomorrow. So I will write when I can. Hope your day goes well.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-28-2023 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-28-2023, 07:36 AM   #489  

Bless you, Trish. I hope you do sleep.

Scale is back up to 183.8. Creeping up. If I don't get this under control I will be back to 200! Yikes!!

My stepdaughter started her new job yesterday. She hates it but she can't quit unless she gets another job. She thought she was being hired for an office job but the first day she had to unload a truck. She also doesn't like that she's not allowed to use her phone at work, but she worked at her previous job for years and doesn't realize there are such rules at many jobs. The rules were very lax at her previous job. I feel bad for her but this is why its called "work" and not "fun."

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-28-2023 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-01-2023, 07:38 AM   #490  

Yesterday, I was peeing excessively all day, and today the scale says 181.8. So I was retaining fluid for some reason. That makes me feel a little bit better. I'm closer to 179 where I should be.

I hope you are doing ok, Trish, after the chemo treatment.
Old 03-01-2023, 11:31 PM   #491  

Just checking in. Sorry your step daughter doesn't like her new job. I hope it will get better as time goes on.

Glad you were just retaining fluid.

I haven't weighted in days. No sense it it since nothing is real any way. Chemotherapy is rough no matter what anyone says. Thank God for my precious Husband as I couldn't do this without him. I need to be eating but nothing tastes good. Still eating way too many carbs.

Will try to write again when we can.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:34 AM   #492  

Good to hear from you, Trish. I wouldn't be worrying about carbs right now. Eat what and when you are able. I'm sorry to hear its so hard. Thank God for DH. Think about how its killing the cancer.

Scale down to 181.0. Little by little. I am still overeating and too many carbs but I guess its still enough for small losses. I am never hungry. That's a bad sign for me, means I'm eating to avoid hunger. My best for losing is to allow myself to feel a bit of hunger. Not craving hunger, but time to eat hunger. I will never again starve for a loss, because I always regain.

Step daughter is still looking for another job. She will take any job just to get out of this one. The other girl who works there likes it, its her kind of work. Step daughter wants a desk job. She made some mistakes when she accepted this job. Did not ask what the duties included. Did not ask about benefits. She said they tell you that when you start, but you have to know before you accept. Its been years since she had to look for a job. There's more to think about beyond salary.

Old 03-03-2023, 11:39 AM   #493  

The scale bumped up again. 183.0. I was slightly below 1000 calories but over 80 carbs. Also, I stayed up til 2 am and ate at night. It was low carb, but too late for me to eat, and outside my typical eating window. For me, there's something to be said about early bedtime. I have never gotten out of bed to eat, even if hungry.

​​​​​​Without realizing it, I bought 2 boxes of Bran Flakes cereal. I rarely eat cereal anymore but I had some yesterday because I don't want to waste it. I know that's not the right attitude. I shouldn't eat something just so I don't waste it. I don't have anyone to give it to unless DH eats it. He eats Wheaties but might eat the bran if he runs out. It wasn't expensive, around $5 for the 2 boxes. There is nowhere around here to donate the second box.

Step daughter has an opportunity for another job at a small car dealer nearby. She really hates the job she's doing now and will probably take this other job no matter what. This is a small family owned business that has been here since we moved here, 40+ years ago. It will probably depend on the salary, but I think she would take it at any reasonable $ amount. The owners are going out of town for a,week so no decision will be made before then. So she will have to stick it out for now. I know it's hard to go to a job that you hate.

Hope you are,starting to feel a little better Trish.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:35 AM   #494  

Scale. Down to 182. Up down, up down.

We went to Rodneys for fish yesterday. I'm learning to eat just what I need to not feel hungry. In the past I usually ate my whole meal, or I brought it home and finished it when I got home. Overeating is a habit that many don't realize they have. I woke up hungry but am drinking coffee to hold me over. I'm craving eggs, but will delay until brunch time..

You are in my prayers, Trish.
Old 03-04-2023, 04:07 PM   #495  

I'm not weighing right now. I probably should have this morning because I am starting back on Lasix. I haven't decided if I want to take 1 20 mg everyday which is what I was originally prescribed or do 2 20 mg every other day. I think it would be the same either way. I got up feeling better today which makes me hope I'm over the worst part of this round of chemo. I hope to be stronger by the time I have to start round 2 in 2 weeks.

Carol Sue I don't think we realize how much "overeating " is because our serving sizes have become so big here in this country. I'm finding it just as difficult to learn to eat slowly. If I eat too fast I can end up nauseated and end up losing all that I eat.

I hope your step daughter gets the job that is closer to her and that she will like it. I've had jobs I loved and jobs that I hated and it isn't any fun to work at a job you hate. I pray the right job will come along for her soon.

Have a good day and thanks for the prayers as they do help.
Closed Thread