Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 07:25 AM   #466  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Blew the fast yesterday when both DD decided to drop by for a visit. I stuck to keto however. But today the scale weighs 158. I know its also because I have not had a bm for a few days, and things need to move. I have tried helping it along, but so far nothing, just some gas moving. Will see how the day goes. Will fast today for sure.
Otherwise things are good and had a nice visit with the girls. My younger one, who is finishing her social work degree is doing really well with work. I hope she can keep the momentum going and finish up. Having a steady job with benefits is what she really needs now.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:03 AM   #467  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trish, I know I was overeating, eating when not hungry and really stuffing myself. Similar to how I was eating when I was gaining all my weight. Its only a few lbs so there would be no difference in my clothes. I'll get back to losing again. I expect to have a good drop when I weigh on Friday.

You are doing well with your eating window. It is so different from WW when you felt you had to eat the meals and snacks and use most of your points. I'm not criticizing that. It is why you are now in the 180s. It worked very well for you. But this can work, too. There are many different ways to lose weight. Everyone needs to find the way that works for them and often it is helpful to change things up. You have learned so much from WW and you can always go back to it.

Mad, your girls are certainly a source of pride. They seem to have the drive to do well and succeed at everything they do. You are lucky for that.

I hope you get a nice drop once your issue is resolved.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #468  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Well, I didn't do so well yesterday. I should have thrown out the pretzels the other day when DH threw out his cheese popcorn but I forgot it. But guess what I found last night around midnight? Yep I saw them and instead of throwing them in the trash I ate more than a serving. They are in the trash now and the rest of the cherry pie I put down the garbage disposal. DH said he doesn't want any more and I knew if I didn't throw it out that I would eat it too. Just have to be careful what I bring in the house.

I made today my WI day for the last month on WW because I want to go ahead and track. Weight up 2 lbs to 188.8 this morning which did show a .2 loss on WW tracker. Now I know all that isn't from the pretzels as we had chili yesterday and I always swell after eating it so it is temporary but I still shouldn't have had anything to eat outside my eating window. I'm back OP today. I am work at having a better eating window.

I decided to go back to having my oatmeal for breakfast since we seem to be into cold weather now. I will just work at doing 2 meals and a snack within 8 hr eating window. I did pretty good with that and I would like to throw some 2MAD days into the mix. Perhaps every other day or so.

Carol Sue I still can overeat at a meal if I'm not careful. That is why I usually cook just the amount I plan to eat. DH and I both do that. Even if I cook and have left over food, I usually put that food away as soon as we fix our plates so we never go back for seconds. Just works best for us.

Fatmad Glad you had a nice visit with your girls. That is one nice thing about IF, you can adjust it to activities. When you get back into the groove of you fasting it probably won't even affect the weight at all and they use to tell us at bariatrics that a lb or 2 gain can always be the matter of going to the potty.

Have a nice day everyone.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:22 PM   #469  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs 12Oct2021 -30 lbs 28Sep2022 -40 lbs 01Oct2023 -22 lbs(up 18lb)

S/C/G: 0/-41.5/-70 lbs

Red face No change- WHEW!

Carol: You'll get a turn around soon- keep at it!
Mad: Nice your girls can visit and it is good your plan has some flexibility!
Trish: I am working on keeping the stuff I don't need out of the house too!

No change this morning which is good but also disappointing. I had two new low weights this week and feel like I managed to squander them. My fingers are crossed my weight is lower the next two days because it is the end of the month.

We had a quiet Thanksgiving and I liked everything we had. No unpleasant surprises like oysters or raisins in the stuffing. I think the rec center is going to close again. They are only taking appointments until December 7. I check twice a day to see if they have extended it.

Fall thread results summary: | | |
Old 11-29-2020, 02:50 PM   #470  

Trish, DH has Doritos and Fritos but I don't like either of them. A couple days ago I had a few potato chips and didn't like them either. Its really not snack food that messes me up, its too much real food. I've never had any interest in salty snacks. I have to work on portions and frequency.

I agree that the pretzels didn't cause a problem. It broke your fast though. .2 is a fluctuation and should be gone tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:19 AM   #471  
Madeleine

Great to hear from you Pipsicle; with skating out, what will you do for exercise that will suit your knees? and type of bike seems good, recumbent or otherwise. I had a friend who only allowed herself an hour of television a day, and was always on her exercise bike while watching. She doesn't do that now, but still is not a tv watcher.

Im back to 156 today, which is great, and I am planned to eat today and then a fast. I might start just weighing after my fasting day if I manage to stay steady after eating days. I hurt my feet recently, the left when tripping on something, and the right yesterday when something heavy and hard was dropped onto it.
Will see if the boots will go on for our walk, if not DH will take Buddy out, but I dread having a couple of days without my walks.

Trish: I am sure you will find your way back down.
Carol: hope you find what to do to help make your meals smaller and avoid over eating.
Just like my gain with eating two days in a row. We are losing, but are not yet at set point, and so regain very easily. We need to keep going down so that going up is harder!

Old 11-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #472  

Pipsicle I hate that your gym may close. The reason I use my recumbent bike is for my knees. It sure helps. Actually that is what gets me on that thing on days when I don't want to do it. I think my body looks forward to it these days because it does help my joints.

Carol Sue I hope your day was better yesterday. We need to look at more of our good days than bad and not let the scale be our guide, but that is easier said than done as I well know.

Fatmad Sorry about your injury to your feet. Had those things happen so I know what you are going through. Hope there isn't any major swelling and hope you recover quickly. I agree with you that we need to get things going downward so that when we do have an up that it isn't so bad or noticeable.

I really don't think my Thanksgiving eating was so bad as my binge on the pretzels etc during that time. I'm going to do my best to keep the foods I can't handle out of the house. There are substitutes that I can have on WW that will keep that from happening any more.

Scale first showed 187.6 then 188 so I just counted the 188. If the 187.6 is right it will be there again tomorrow or lower. I am down .6 lbs from where I was on Oct 30, and if I can drop back to the 1987 .6 by tomorrow then I will still have gained .2 lbs this month, If I stay 188, I'll have gained this month. However, it isn't as bad as it could be so I will just move on. I think one of the things that I need to stop doing is getting so upset when the weight fluctuates up a bit. Those always derail me and I am not going to let the scale or the food have that much power over me any more. My goal this month is to choose more healthy foods from the Simply Filling foods. I noticed on one of the SF groups I'm on that they still use the new SP (Smart Points) counts while others stithe old PP (Point Plus). I still have my old WW machines that counts both. The Point Plus are the same as the little fiber slider that I have seen on the FB Purple groups that some people on WW Purple plan do not count the foods that are 0 pts on their WW trackers. So there are a lot of options to that as well.

Have a great day dear friends.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #473  

Mad, I hope your feet feel better. I suffered with so much foot pain but mine was not from injury but from uric acid. But I know how,debilitating foot pain can be.

I agree with you about the set point. I was at 200 for so long and kept bouncing. Somehow I got down to 190 and that has become my new set point. Now I need to move on down to 180. It does seem that you have to be at a new low weight for a while for it to become a new set point. When DH was in the hospital I got down to 180 but it happened too fast and I was not able to hold that weight. I am glad that I lose slowly because I seem to hold it better. Don't get me wrong....I would love to wake up tomorrow with a big loss! But I'm trying to be real about it.

Trish, I think my eating has been better and hope I can keep it up. I will find out on Friday.

I hope you continue to do well.

Old 12-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #474  

Well, I weight 1.2 lbs more today than on November 1. I count November as a learning month of trying different things and now it is time to get serious about the plan I've chosen to follow. My WW deal runs on and I come completely off of it on the 20th of this month.

I found an online article by a woman who lost weight and kept it off doing Simply Filling and she personalized it to fit herself. She got tired of counting calories and pts. Pretty much the state of mind I'm in right now. She mostly used the foods listed on Simply Filling for all that she ate and didn't count anything. That is what I would like to do. In fact, she sounds a lot like me. If she had a certain # of pts she could have she wanted to use them even her weeklies. I find myself thinking that sometime too.

No real plan except to learn to eat only when hungry. Working more toward mindful eating... IE. I'm not even going to get stuck into IF routine because some days I don't want breakfast or evening meal/snack and some days I will. My goal is for this to become a lifestyle of eating and my scale, FBG, BP and bloodwork twice a year will be my guide as to how well I'm doing. Healthy is my goal right now. The one thing I am going to do is keep tracking my food on paper because I want to be able to look back and see what I ate that affects my FBG. Example, last night I had red grapes with pecans and I think that caused my FBG to jump up to 134 this morning. So I won't be eating those things any more. That will be my guide as to what I can eat and can't eat. Not a list made up by someone else.

We are going to Walmart today. I hope I can get some more bread. Their 100% Whole Wheat is 0 pts. Working toward a healthier and hopefully a weight loss in December.

Have a good one everybody.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:27 AM   #475  

Knowing we were getting our first snow today I prepared by buying the makings for lasagna and stuffed cabbage rolls, to be sure we had meals for 2 days. DH said he wanted the cabbage rolls today so they are in the oven. The cabbage was very tender and nice. I got 24 rolls. I usually make double that and share but no sharing this time. We will have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch and I might not make the lasagne.

There was only an inch on the ground when I got up this morning and its still snowing very lightly, but its supposed to snow until tomorrow morning. DH will go out in the new vehicle to play the lottery but its only a mile or so away. Actually the roads have been salted and are pretty clear but its cold out with clouds so it can freeze.

It seems I don't have much to say since I'm not weighing.

Uh oh! I just heard that BIL who got tested tested positive. AND he has not been staying home. He has been going to the club. Also, work has been trying to call him, probably to find out his test results, and he won't answer the phone. Step daughter goes to the same club. I'm thinking if he tested positive his wife probably did, too. This is not good because she is around her daughter and grandchildren all the time. I am so glad I didn't have Thanksgiving here!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-01-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:44 AM   #476  

Good morning! We ended up with 4 or more inches of snow. It is supposed to warm up so I don't expect it to stay long. Its pretty. Rusty doesn't seem to notice it when he goes out.

I overate again yesterday. Too many stuffed cabbage rolls. This is disappointing to me because I want to get my eating under control. I believe this is why my weight just bounces so much but doesn't go down and stay down. The cabbage rolls are the best I've ever made. I will look for similar cabbage when I make them again. I think I might skip breakfast today. DH has been cooking sausage pattys that don't seem to agree with me. I think its too much fat when included with the fat in the eggs. I need to get a good fast in to get back in control. It seems the more obsessed I get with wanting to lose the worse my eating becomes. But I am just determined to get this under control. I did so well for a while.

I don't know if I am going to make the lasagne today or just eat the leftover cabbage. DH doesn't like to eat leftovers. He will eat them for lunch but not dinner. He will eat the lasagna but we will have leftovers of that, too. You just can't cook 2 servings of lasagna. Dinner is a big part of his life but there's very few things he will eat.

So goes the saga of me trying to get things under control. I don't think I will ever give up on this.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-02-2020 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:29 AM   #477  
Madeleine

Hi all 156 again today. I may extend my fast to supper time. I am sleeping well but not for long enough.
Feet are doing better. Then tops feel bruised, but fit into boots (good thing, shoes will not do with the 6 inches of snow we have here) and walking is ok now.
Carol: like me, you really enjoy eating and good food. I have no doubt you are a good cook and I would love to visit and eat cabbage rolls with you someday.
Thats why I find fasting easier than really limiting my food intake. I do some of that these days to lose more weight, but I still feel full enough after my 2MAD to be well satisfied.
I hope you find the right way soon, its frustrating to be fighting yourself on this.
Trish: November was good learning for you, I expect the weight will go down, because you have had new lows in November as well.

Have a good day friends.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:55 AM   #478  

Mad, you have the benefit of DH being away sometimes, and the opportunity for the two of you to eat separately of each other, allowing you to fast. Now your DD dropping in is another story, but you seem to handle it well with Keto.

My problem with things like the cabbage rolls is not only are they very tasty, but they are relatively low carb being mostly cabbage and beef. The small amount of rice is negligible. Instead of eating until satisfied, they taste so good I'll eat a couple more, then a couple more, and before I know it I've stuffed myself to the point of being uncomfortable. Low carb or not, too much food is not beneficial to weight control. Its the same with breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage are all low carb food so I falsly get the feeling that I'm on plan and doing well. So I know what I'm doing wrong, and need to put more determination into correcting it.

Today I'm going to make a pumpkin roll for DH. Now that's something that doesn't interest me in the least, except for eating some of the plain pumpkin right out of the can. I consider that a vegetable!
Old 12-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #479  

The pumpkin roll is done and in the refrigerator to chill. When I was wrapping it in plastic DH told me he likes it warm so I told him when its ready he can heat his piece up in the microwave. LOL. He has been watching me the whole morning waiting for it to be done. While that was baking I mixed up a batch of chocolate chip cookies that I will bake later. He doesn't like them so he will not be interested. I will wait until closer to Christmas to make the ones he likes. I hope to get a nice package of cookies to all my family so it will seem like Christmas at home.

For some reason the fingernail on my little finger just peeled off halfway down. I didn't feel it but noticed that it was hanging so I clipped it off. I don't know what caused that, maybe an infection.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:53 PM   #480  

I'm really late writing today. Nothing to really report. Weight staying within the 188 range today. 188.4 yesterday and 188.8 this morning so I suspect nothing to worry about. I did end up with a longer eating window yesterday because DGS and his GF are visiting FL family so we had a nice Zoom visit with DH DD and her family. We do that when he visits because he knows how to get us all connected. It was nice to see and talk with them but only makes me miss them more. I think this having to stay in and not see DS and DBIL is getting to me. Until they got covid, we were going out to eat every other week so have really missed them. They are on their way to doctor's office now to get his doctor's excuse so he can go back to work Friday so maybe we can get back to our going out together again.

We had KFC yesterday and it was nice to be able to eat it without worrying about it. However, I think it actually makes me hungry because I just couldn't get satisfied yesterday but all my other foods were from the SF Power foods list and obviously it worked because weight was only up .4 lbs from yesterday and if I had been able to have a regular BM it would have been less. What I changed was that I had what I call a finger salad with the chicken. Raw broccoli, cauliflower etc. Amazing how filling that is. I ate some of the breading but I don't like the fat on the chicken so I didn't eat that much of it.

Carol Sue I'm sorry to hear about your BIL. I hope no one who has been around him has brought it to you and your DH. Wonder what caused your nail to do that. DH had something happen to one of his big toe nails and as the new nail grows out it pushed out the old and it actually hung off and DH had to cut it off. But I think he must have dropped something on it or injured it but he never remembered it.

Fatmad I really wish I could do fasting again but right now I think just getting the 16:8 ratio is the goal for me to work on. When I master that, then I can move to something else. I think I could have made it if the phone call had not happened but it was worth the phone call. Kind of like when your girls come over and you break your fast to eat with them.

I am using the slider and I am counting the pts of the foods that are not 0 on SFPF list. I don't want to worry about the 49 pts a week or trying to figure out foods when I eat out or bring home take out. I read the whole article of the woman I told you about yesterday. She did not count everything because she tweaked the plan to her personally but she did count some items. I decided today to do the same thing. In fact, some of the people on FB SF group use 7 pts a day, but I don't know if I want to do that or not. I just want to know how many pts I'm using. Example, I had already cooked my bacon this morning. I don't know why on Blue or Purple plan it is 2 pts for 2 slices because on the fiber slider, it was 4 pts for 2 slices because of the fat content. When I scanned it in the store with the WW app, it was lower. I have found that on SF when I use the slider on most foods the pts are less. So I'm thinking I will probably do better using the slider along with my SF plan. So far with what I had for breakfast and what I plan to have for lunch the pts will be 6.

I've been hungry for meat so I am thawing out the left over chicken from Thanksgiving and plan to use it to make a big chicken salad that I can have later in the day. I think I can make it with no or very few pts. as I trying to use some of what I have learned in November so weight can come down.

Have a good day.
Closed Thread