Old 06-22-2015, 03:27 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I'm still here girls. Just being quiet. Not much happening here. Some days are better than others. I actually am not doing anything except IF and eating when I'm hungry. I am trying to eat a little more protein, but don't consider myself low carb any more because I am not getting all my protein from animal. I'm also getting it from plants. My weight and my FBS went up for a few days but seems to be steadily coming back down. So I think that is a good thing.

When I saw my doctor, I did tell him exactly what I said that I would. I told him that I was not going to tell him what I was doing because I don't keep doing it when I leave there.

I think if I can keep things coming steadily coming back down then I will be doing okay.

BBL
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:42 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trish, I never tell my doctor about my eating plan. That one time when my labs were exceptionally good he asked me how I did it and I just said "Dietary changes." He didn't ask for details and I didn't offer them.

I'm glad things are going well for you. My blood sugar has been better lately. I started taking probiotics and Vit D for my psoriasis so I don't know if thats helping blood sugar or if I'm just eating better. It's hard to tell. My psoriasis has improved just a bit, but I'm spending some time in the sun also, which helps it.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #93  

Elizabeth, this article popped up on my AOL screen this morning and I thought you might be interested in reading it.

http://www.lifescript.com/health/cen...d%3D1077511035
Old 06-23-2015, 02:25 PM   #94  

Carol Sue I'm sorry I never got back to you on the IF group on FB. The one I joined was by Daniel Sullivan.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #95  

Oh, I saw that. It's a huge group! Have you learned anything of interest from them?
Old 06-23-2015, 09:40 PM   #96  

The main things I learned so far is that the eating window doesn't have to be written in stone as it can be changed to fit into your day. Also there is room for off days and I see some people seem to eat VLC and some don't.

I got a call today from the nurse about DH and my lab work. His cholesterol was up again and my kidney function has decreased and sodium was low. He wants me to cut my fluid pill to every other day instead of everyday. DH has to go back on the statin pill a day.

We are going tomorrow to pick up copies of our blood work results. And are also going to get a copy of the results of DH MRI so he can take it to the ENT and also take it to our primary doctor. I go back for blood work on July 1st. I think I will just stop the fluid pill until after my blood draw. Funny thing is I thought I was eating too much salt. Go figure.

Busy days tomorrow and Thursday. Going to get test results tomorrow and the Thursday morning is Bible study and DH ENT appt. May not get back here until Friday.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:57 AM   #97  

Trish, be very careful with the sodium issue. My brother-in-law was put on a new BP med a while back and the doctor did blood work. Then he got a call from the doctor saying that his sodium was dangerously low and he should get to the hospital right away. He was afraid to drive there and it's a good thing he called DH. They were on the way to the hospital and BIL had a seizure and then another one in the ER. They admitted him and put him on an IV and kept him there overnight. I think the med he was on was one that had the water pill built in and they decided he didn't need that. He used that as an excuse to eat a lot of salty snacks, which isn't good either.

I hope you get this worked out, and also DH's issues.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:59 AM   #98  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/no more meds

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

Very busy day yesterday; spent the morning looking at houses and then made the 4 hour drive to take DD to her college orientation.

Thank you for the article, Carol Sue. I'll read it this afternoon.

Trish, low sodium is scary! Please take care of yourself and I hope all ends up clear with your DH.

Bob and I are going to sit down and have a long talk this afternoon.
momwithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:39 AM   #99  

LOL, I love "Bob."
Old 06-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #100  

There are still 2 people ahead of me on the list at the library for The End of Diabetes. I found it online for under $8 with shipping so I ordered it. I want to be able to re-read his information about all the vegetables. The other book I read, Fat Chance, said that the micronutrients in vegetables are very important for lowering inflammation and insulin levels. Dr Fuhrman put the information in a format that I found really interesting.

I can't see where I posted the link to an article I read about exercise so forgive me if I'm repeating myself here.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercis...lin-fat?page=1

And here's one about portion control, which is a big problem for me.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-serving-sizes
Old 06-24-2015, 06:15 PM   #101  

Thanks girls for the advice about the sodium, but I still won't go heavy on the sodium. I really don't think it is a big deal. I was probably using the fluid pill too much especially since I'm drinking so much tea and water since it is so hot here.

Wonderful news. DH's MRI showed everything is normal. Still don't know why he has no taste, but great to know that he has no brain problems. We see the ENT tomorrow afternoon to see if he has any other ideas.

Too hot to cook or think about food. I probably need to be eating better than I am. Just no fun eating or cooking when DH can't enjoy anything. I seem to have moved more toward fiber foods. Weight is up and down.

Carol Sue Thanks for the articles. I'll try to look at those Friday. I won't have time until then.

Elizabeth I think I kind of like "Bob" myself. LOL
Old 06-24-2015, 07:06 PM   #102  

Today I read in the Fat Chance book that the two biggest factors for weight loss are fiber and exercise. Exercise, not for the calorie burn, but for the healthful changes it makes in the body which promote weight loss. For the fiber, the soluble and insoluble do different things so we need both of them. There is a lot of technical jargon in this book that I just pass over.

Trish, I'm so glad that DH's MRI was good. That must be such a relief for both of you.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:58 PM   #103  

Saw the ENT for follow up with DH. He saw the MRI report and the CD and he talked to us a few things and checked a few things and then he set down and just shrugged his shoulder and said to us "I haven't anything to tell you. I haven't a clue about what it is". So we left with the agreement that we can come back if and when we need to. So it looks like we have to live with this and hope that his taste will return some time in the future.

Catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #104  

Before I post I want to say that my PC was acting up again this morning, so if I disappear for a while, that will be why. We might take it back to the guy who fixed it to see if he warranties his work or just buy a new one.

Trish, I'm sorry to hear that no one can find the cause of DH's loss of taste. Can he smell things? They say taste and smell goes hand in hand, but I have had a very poor sense of smell since I was a child. If someone says something has a bad odor, sometimes I can't smell it, or I have to get right up close and take a big whiff. The scariest part is I cannot smell natural gas, and we have a gas home. I can still taste, but maybe my sense of taste is diminished, because I can eat things that other people say are too strong a taste, like liver or brussels sprouts.

I googled "how to treat loss of taste" and came up with a lot of information. This one site seemed good, even though it was focused more on sense of smell. You might want to read it, and even research on some other sites. One thing it recommended was zinc and Vit B12. Two things that are inexpensive that he could try.

It does seem that it could be from some of the new meds he has started taking, but doctors don't always know that. You could also research these meds and see if there's any mention of sense of taste.

http://www.sinuswars.com/LossOfTasteAndSmell.asp

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-26-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:09 PM   #105  

Carol Sue Thanks for the website. He already takes B-12 and doc gave him a shot the first time we went. It didn't work with one so never mentioned it again. We had read about Alpha Lipoic Acid and Zinc. We were already taking Alpha Lipoic Acid and we upped it to 600 as suggested because diabetics have a tendency toward neoprophy. And he started taking zink. The larger dose of ALC should show some results in about 3 to 6 weeks and DH has been taking 600 mg for about 2 weeks now.

Hope you get your pc working.