Old 08-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Here are some neat ideas! Not necessarily low carb of diabetes friendly.

http://relish.com/articles/11-make-a...m_medium=email
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:13 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Had a little bit more carbs, but still under 1400 calories that I allow myself. I had 2 fruits and also had veggies as he Doctors diet suggests. Will see how it affects fbs and weight tomorrow.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #198  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Spent another day at the old house. My dog has been sick since I got him groomed Monday so we made a trip to his vet. They think it's bronchitis and not his heart disease or cancer thankfully. After that we went to the house to pick up old paint, chemicals, etc to take to the dump since it is only open for that type of waste on Saturdays. Got the last few remaining items from the attic and garage. Took alot of bigger unwanted items to dump that had been in backyard and garage. Everything is finally out now.

We took a closer look at the paint fiasco. Looks like poorly repaired nail holes, paint put on with rollers that were being reused from color to color and/or from cans not mixed well (old paint being touched up) which left a chalky looking shiny residue when painted over the (not) repaired nail holes. Then the two rooms that were being freshly painted (not touch ups, supplied brand new paint) have paint drips on the carpet (splatters as well marks that look like paint cans with paint on bottom were sat down on it), terrible quality of painting on wall (including one room looking "dirty", I suspect he used a roller that had a different color on it first), paint drips all over trim and paint all over faceplates and fan remotes. Some rooms have different color paint splatters on the walls so I'm sure he reused rollers and brushes from color to color. I have painted about 10 rooms across two homes in my time and truly I can say that this person was incredibly unprofessional in his workmanship, my paint jobs were far superior and I'm not trained or anything. Very very disappointed. We have gotten some quotes and are looking at $2500 to repaint house on top of $1600 in new carpet and $2000 in new countertops. We do not live in a market where "as is" sells well. We did not really plan on all this. We expected the countertops and thought maybe on the carpet but were hoping to not change it. We certainly weren't planning on a complete repaint. Sigh.... What a mess!

I will quit talking about all that now but just needed to rant a little more. At the new house I'm working on organizing the hall closet by my daughter's room which is really big and where a lot of misc stuff will be stored. I need to pick up some clear plastic bins with lids that can stack. I have a bazillion baskets and bins but none that work well in that closet....go figure! I still have kitchen boxes to unpack but I'm holding off because right now everything in there that is unpacked is organized and I don't want to add clutter.

I haven't unpacked Olivia's books yet because I need to find a bookcase for them. What I had in the old house has a new purpose in the new house. Oh blah blah blah, ya'll probably don't want to hear all this...LOL! I just have nothing diet to say....we are eating out a ton still!

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 08-30-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:06 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue Thanks for the website. I saw 2 recipes I liked the pot pie and the white bean salad. Saw another one, but not sure about it.

Shannon The painter you had does not sound like a professional. So sorry about the mess and extra money you are having to spend. Glad you got everything out and hope your experience with the other people you have to deal with on the old house are better. Prayers coming your way.

Last day of August my weight stayed at 218.6 again today and my fbs was down 2 pts to 125. I had some sugar yesterday in the bbq sauce I made bbq beans with and contrary to the rules of Doctors Diet, I had them with my wings, however, I didn't add any sauce to the wings. I BBQ the guys wings, but I like mine just plain. So considering that blip, I guess things aren't too bad. I did stick to eating only in a 5 hr window. Not sure about today. Since we eat earlier on Sunday and DH and I have to go get a blind to replace broken one for the front living room window, we will eat out somewhere around noon. So may end up with an 8 hr eating window today.
But that is how we are learning to make our plan work for us personally so that we don't screw things up long term knowing that we will have days that will be the norm. I consider 5 hr window my normal way of eating and days that are a little different are usually 8 hrs. I do plan to be careful today though as tomorrow is WI day when I will change my ticker.

Have a Super Sunday.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:03 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I am back down to 194 this morning.

Trish, I allow for an 8 hr eating window, but sometimes it's less, sometimes more. I do try not to eat anything after dinner, around 5PM and go as long as I can for my first meal of the day. Yesterday DH was going to the car cruise so I had to make something fast. I made some sauce and cooked frozen meat ravioli. I ate 3 of them and had 3 meatballs with it to add more protein. It was more carbs than my plan, but I still lost weight, probably because my total calories were down. I must not have had enough dinner, because I was really hungry at bedtime, so I cooked a scrambled egg. I lost weight in spite of it, but BS was 132, even though the egg was protein. I can't eat ANYTHING before bed without raisinig BS.

When I eat baked/barbeque beans, I rinse the sauce off. They still retain the flavor of the sauce they are cooked in, but it removes a lot of the sugary sauce.

Shannon, it's too bad you can't go back and recoup from the painter. Maybe you should have agreed to half up front and the other half after inspection. I would definately report him to the Better Business Bureau. Most people want a house to be in move-in condition. Some will buy a house for a lower price so they can choose carpet, paint colors, counter tops as long as no major repair work is needed. It's all in finding the right buyer. I hope it sells quickly for you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:16 AM   #201  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

New thread for September here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diab...ml#post5063195
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote