Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #76  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

You were right Ruth. Whatever it was took an extra 2 lbs away along with the overnight 3 Woosh Woosh. Now back to .2 less than ticker weight.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

FBS is didn't move and neither has the scale but that's okay. Got up and went to store to get groceries. I thought DH and I were getting paid today and I was off a week... next week is payday. Still able to get the rest of the food I wanted to fix for tomorrow plus I'm making the Enchillada cassarole for supper tonight. I got 2 pumpkin pies (one of those) buy 1 get 1 free, 1 pecan pie and a frozen cherry pie. Didn't get cheesecake but we'll have that Christmas. I'll do what I can today so there won't be that much for me to do tomorrow that way DD can do her cooking for tomorrow.

Have a good day... those of us in USA have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #78  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I need Lindyloo's whoosh today as weight is still stuck despite an exemplary Atkins day yesterday. I guess the soy sauce in the chicken and celery stir-fry did me in! I'll just keep on truckin'.

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving south of the border. Mad and I will enjoy the aroma of turkey wafting north across the Seaway!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #79  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

happy thanksgiving to our American friends.
Haven't weighed since getting home last night, will have a couple of days on plan before I do that, so I don't scare myself!
Will go to yoga this evening, after a day time meeting before I start my little holiday.
My goal is to have outdoor exercise daily, and do some yoga daily. I have to make this happen, because I can start reading or something, and never get off my butt all day.
Have a good day everyone, will check in again tomorrow
Old 11-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #80  

Scale showed a loss this morning, but not going to even acknowledge it since I know this is my big planned OFF PLAN day. Turkey is in the oven and has 2 more hrs to cook. Green bean casserole is in the crock and dressing/stuffing is in fridge ready to go into the oven. Only baking will be a frozen cherry pie... all other dessert is store bought. Actually was cheaper to buy than make. I think DH & I ended up providing a pretty nice dinner since we are paying for everything now. I .mistakenly thought there were 4 Wednesdays in this month which DH and I get our checks on the 4 Wednesdays. I didn't have much in the bank since I no longer have my cushion I've always kept. So did the best I could with what I had to work with and still have $24 in the bank. So God came through for us again. Sure hope everyone appreciates what DH and I have been doing for them.

I've talked to my kids and great grandaughters which makes my T-day a great day.

Have a good day.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #81  
Madeleine

Trish, gratitude should be fulsome in your home. Stayed on plan today, but am having a mild allergic reaction to the coleslaw dressing, but was delicious to will live with the hives for tonight, but early to bed because of the antihistamine. Tomorrow taking DD to a nearby college to check out nursing programs. Did get outside with the dog for a while, but am pretty tired out for some reason, even before the meds.
off to bed for now
Old 11-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #82  

Fatmad True. Not one person said thanks since they would not have had a Thanksgiving day if DH and I hadn't done it, but that is okay. The fact that I heard from everyone of my kids and grandkids plus a niece, I feel like God really blessed me and was my thanks enough. DH and I had a tiff tonight, but later he talked about how he needs them to give us some money etc but he knows they'll never give it and he says they could have money hid and not tell us. He said something to them about putting up the big tree they just had to put up last year and he said they just looked at him dumbfoundedly. So I think DH thinks they have just used us to get her degree and now that I've made it clear that we have no more money and I barely had to money to do Thanksgiving... they will up and leave us possibly just before Christmas. At least we will know we did what we can and they will live to regret what they did to her Daddy. Hopefully our house will be ours alone again soon. I will enjoy them better when they come visit rather than live here.

I actually did very good with my eating today. Ate exactly what I planned to eat and no more. So I feel like I did very well. Now working on staying where I am or hopefully losing a little weight by Christmas.

Lot of people doing black Friday shopping. Not this girl. Did it one time and no more. There is nothing I need or want that bad. I'm going to go get my nails done while all those people are out shopping. Already got my Friday laundry done tonight and plan that to be all I'm going to do this week end besides going to church Sunday morning.

Hi Ruthie, Lindyloo and all those who are MIA Hope y'all were just busy with Thanksgiving and check in soon..

Catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #83  
Madeleine

Trish, I am glad DH understands whats been happening, but hope you both can keep from dwelling on it and can recover when they go.
I stepped on the scale today to see just how bad it is, 175. Clothes were feeling tight, so it does make sense. Well, have the next 2 weeks off and no excuses about how I eat during that time. It will be on plan. Off today for a campus tour with DD. Southern Ontario stores have taken to having black Friday sales too to keep us from cross border shopping with all our Christmas money, but most of the stuff I am planning for my gang is local, cheap and cheerful. Have a good day all
Old 11-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #84  

Mad Thanks. I hope we can too. I'm having to remember that he doesn't feel good and he is extremely upset with how they have done us. He says that he is going to send them a bill when they move. Says we won't ever get any of the money, but he will never give them one cent to help them again. I think he is feeling used and abused. The kids are not taught to have any respect for us or our things. I think when they leave we are going to be so relieved. I know I'm going to take 1 week just to relax and do some "me" things.

Did go get a pedicure and my nails done today. Go to the beauty shop tomorrow. I told DH last night that I had sacrificed and gone without those little special "me" things I used to do long enough. The left the kids with us and went to Charlotte today (don't know where they got the money). DH can do what he wants to do, but I'm not dishing out any more money. It's not beyond them to be Christmas shopping although they suddenly had to go to Charlotte unexpectedly to have a MRI. It is so strange to me how I gave them $90 last week for gasoline and bought ALL the food etc and they suddenly come up with money. Seems to me somebody is playing games.

Mad you have a good 2 weeks off and have fun spending time with your DD.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #85  
Come on Spring!

Patty, I'd say they are definitely playing games. I know your DH is not well but perhaps it's time for him to get up on his hind legs get a definite move out date from them. They are not being honest and fair with you and are taking advantage. Now I'll shut up.

Same old, same old when I check in. Weight the same and FBGL good. I need a magic pill to get me off this plateau. I'm getting pretty discouraged. There are a lot of social events scheduled already for next month and I don't want to go to them feeling discouraged because that will weaken my resistance muscle and I'll gain even more.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #86  
Madeleine

Hey all, down to between 174 and 175 today. Going for a walk with the dog, and then to town for a few things.
Ruth: I know you feel discouraged by the plateau, and that you are up from last year at this time, but remember a few things. You have really been struggling with your knees, which affects a lot of things. if we focus on stable sugars, not having additive damage, like kidney or heart problems, you were able to go off a med, and you haven't been gaining weight, you are doing well. You have such a busy social life (as a single lady like yourself should, sitting around the house isn't good for anyone) that keeps food in front a lot, I am amazed you haven't gained. I would have.
Also, we can look at inches. I knew I only gained a couple of pounds, but waistlines were definitely tight, and I am more upset about that than the scale itself. Well, off to walk the dog.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #87  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

I need to get back on board I have gained weight and I am scared to get on the scale and see how much I have to go to the Dr next month and I need to get back on plan I felt so much better I need to find the determination to do this...
Old 11-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #88  
Come on Spring!

Bonnie, I am in the same boat as I saw 190 again this morning. Too many extras are creeping in. I snacked on a package of rice crisps and spinach dip yesterday afternoon. Having a smaller supper just doesn't make up for inhaling all that extra food. (I've been stocking up for Christmas entertaining - maybe that was not such a good idea!)

I will be very strict this week and write down everything I eat. It's too easy to kid myself and forget that sort of indulgence.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #89  

I am reading the book Diet 101 mention by Georgia in the diabetes section of 3fc. It is really helping me to decide exactly what I want to do and accomplish through my dieting. I really recommend this book as m ethe author has really researched the low carb diets & compares them with low fat research. She also explains what is going on with our blood sugar and how it works is diabetic or insulin resistant etc. She also explains that even if you low carb (which see does) that you also need to keep up with your calorie intake. I haven't gotten far in the book, but right now until I know more I am going to be counting calories and carbs. Especially through the holidays. She explains what happens when you are on a strict low carb diet and then have a slip or eat off. She says those who are successful low carbers who lose their weight and maintain it know that when they have a gain from eating off is not a weight gain. They understand that it is just a refill of glycogen that will only become a weight gain if you continue to eat more calories than you burn. Knowing this keeps them from self-loathing that causes them to denial and binging which causes the blood sugar to rise and then drop steeply causing the brain to yell "Feed me carb s". She says if you weren't hungry when you were low carbing before your off plan meal or binge the when you go right back to eating low carb again, that within a day or 2 you should be back to not feeling hungry. She says the succussful low carbers know this and are flexible.

So there are loads of good info in the book to help me decide exactly how I want to diet plan that I can live with as a lifestyle. Oh, in her research she did she found works that were done to compare different LC and LF plans where group tests were done and the results. She shares which ones were good tests and which ones were not complete or carefully watched.

Bonnie, Ruthie, Mad, Lindyloo, Rie and others

Going to get back to reading. Have a nice Sunday.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #90  
Come on Spring!

Well ... a miracle! Dropped three pounds overnight so I guess I was holding water. Too bad I didn't keep it as I now have no water in the house - well and pump problems. Looks like my well may have run dry which does not please me. I'll have to be careful not to comfort eat as I go through this problem. I'm sure glad I paid for my Cuba trip in advance!

The "lads" will be here today to dig up the well which is in the middle of my drive. I'll be offering them coffee and store-bought donuts or cookies as I will not bake when I have no water.

Skipping gym today - my exercise will be lugging jugs of water for drinking, washing, cooking and flushing!
Closed Thread