Old 05-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #76  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Default Snarky Snails

I don't know why I didn't post these pictures earlier, but these are the photos of my relay team during the Colfax Marathon relay. I'm the one with the blue futbol (soccer) socks.

http://picasaweb.google.com/106791335154411749748
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I am going to need some super strong vibes for tomorrow. It's my birthday celebration with my in-laws and they've requested I bring the most unruly of my two dogs along with He gets extremely car-sick and has no real "manners", very excitable etc. Mostly DH's fault as he spoils the dogs completely rotten! :P

I'm going to have to put my foot down and say no.

Blood sugar today has been ok, I had a Dawn Phenom (didn't get enough carbs last night in my snack). Had a massive number this morning, 18.3 so I settled in to get it down straight away and had to skip breakfast.

I did end up getting more normal in time for lunch, so I thoroughly enjoyed my sandwich and carrot sticks!

^____^ Wish me luck tomorrow!
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:39 AM   #78  

Casandra, since you asked so nicely, here you go.

Let's hope that will do. Oh, and... .
Old 05-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #79  

Height: 5'3"

I don't know whether I have posted to this forum before. I am a type 2 diabetic. I am doing pretty well. Went to a buffet today with a group and know I probably got way more carb than I should have but surprisingly two hours later my bs was only 135! I am on Metformin and have been for about a year though. Usually as long as I am careful with my eating, the only time I am high is in the morning but I was surprised after eating at a buffet that I did so well. My dh and I are both diabetics and our A1Cs are almost always the same, however he doesn't even count his carbs...I have to count everything! And he is allowed more carbs than me.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #80  

Howdy, maryea.

I'm a type 2, too. While I'm not on any diabetic meds (knock on wood), I am a low carber. Counting carbs is a daily ritual for me. Chinese buffets are my weakness. I can manage to stay away from the carby no-nos (rice, noodles, etc...) but I will almost always go over on my calorie allotment for the day. Some of those sauces are just so yummy.

So glad you found our neck of the woods in 3FC. Again, welcome.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

Thanks Z!

Well, today wasn't so bad, tested my BSL after my big sunday roast lunch and after two hours it was at 11.1, so pretty decent. Unfortunately, after cake and dinner tonight, it is now 16.9 so not so great!!

*sigh sigh* I just need to test more and start bumping up my metformin. I hate being insulin resistant!! Ah, well lol I'm trying to get it back down to single digits before I go to bed tonight!
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #82  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Happy BIrthday Cassandra, I know you plan for a great year.
Have had a good weekend, but had big carb days both friday and saturday, so got back on track today. Gonna be really careful for the next couple of weeks.
But I got outside a lot and did some gardening and walking.
have a good monday everyone
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:46 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Smile Hello

Hi,
My Zumba Fitness DVD is due in tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.
It will take time to get used to the movements but hope to have much more energy soon. I suppect my new BP pill is making me sluggish-already slow enough.
I think I can do this withoujt hurting my upper abdominal hernia. Beleive me-I'll know what not to do fast.

I can't take the heat. Does anyone know what happens when they tell you not to be in direct or indirect light for too long with your meds? I don't see it mentioned in the details and I have several meds like this.

Since I'm so big it's really hard to be in the heat. I also have asthma & sleep apnia.

OOOH, I found a 2 piece (bra type top and boy cut bottom) yellow checked Jenson swimsuit that I bought 40 years ago when I weighed 130. I had weighed 167 before. Oh if I had know then-
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:30 AM   #84  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabetic z View Post
I don't know why I didn't post these pictures earlier, but these are the photos of my relay team during the Colfax Marathon relay. I'm the one with the blue futbol (soccer) socks.
Way to go, the pics are great. Good for you. Did you train a lot? I am not anywhere near fit enough for that!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote