Old 05-13-2010, 06:03 AM   #31  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default hooray

Its weigh in morning, and I am happy to report that I have accomplished my first mini-goal, I weigh in at 173. This is the weight I was at a little over 18 years ago when I gave birth to daughter number 2. Until a couple of years ago, that was my all time high, and it was painful to me to go above that. So I have removed enough of my excess weight to be back to 173. Of course, I won't get the added bonus of pushing a lot of it out and giving it a name!
I got back down to 140 in 2 months after that birth, but I expect that to take a lest 6 months, although given how slow my weight loss has been so far, it may bo more like a year. Its taken 5 months to do this much. Yes, I had a setback when Mum died, but difficult times and set backs are just part of life and will be likely to happen again.
Anyhow, thats that advantage of slower weight loss and taking time to lose it, we learn how to eat right even when life hits us, right?
Have definitely been noticing some clothes feeling a bit looser. Hmm, how to celebrate? I think its time for a new bra! The girls deserve it. Yes, my bras have been getting looser, I am now on the smallest set of hooks, so that is 1 inch around my chest gone without a cup size change!
wahoo
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #32  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Congratulations, Mad! That's terrific. I can't imagine a loose bra but I guess it will happen.

Rather stressed these days for many reasons, none of them under my control, but BGL has been stable and so has the weight. I'm still not eating enough veggies. I need a "mother" to insist I eat them.

Busy day ahead so I need to get breakfast into me and crank up my energy.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #33  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Congrats, Fatmad. You deserve to celebrate.

Today's FBG was 109. WTF?! I had turkey meatball wraps last night for dinner with zero calorie sugar-free Sobe. I may have to experiment with the Sobe drink and see if I'm sensitive to the sugar substitute. The low carb tortillas I used are something I have used in the past without adverse spikes. Oh well, learn something new everyday. It's Chilly Willy outside today. Got below freezing last night and it's maybe 30 F outside right now.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #34  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

MR. Z ~ WOW, we had warmer weather than you today -- in the 70's F with a little breeze and some clouds moved in over the day (good thing or it would have been in the 80's I think). Now it looks like is on the way ... Did the meatballs have bread crumbs in them or sugar in the sauce?

RUTH ~ Eat your veggies! And that's an order ... It's not mom, but close ... How 'bout a good bowl of veggie soup for lunch or a small glass of V-8 when in a pinch?

CASANDRA ~ I agree with SYNGER; I know that you have a different kind of diabetes than us, but I really think those high morning numbers are a sign that you need to have an evening snack. That very thing used to happen to me, so now I make sure to have a small evening snack to get me through the night ...

MADELEINE ~ congrats on your mini-goal and a change in size in anything is another NSV worth celebrating; I have gone down in my bra sizes too -- sadly, both back and cup ... booohooo!!!

But I won't be sad for but a moment, becuz I am just glad the scale is going down and loose clothes is a victory to me: meaning, I am toning down and getting smaller -- and that calls for a ...
YAAAHOOO!

We have been having lovely for the last 3+ days and enjoyed that. Today, I did my floors, dust mopping, and vacuuming with my new cleaner. I found a great way to clean the sponge filter: I use my mini-electrolux and that works perfectly. Now I don't have to worry about having only one and how to clean it when I need it to do the rugs and floors. Problem solved by creativity ...

Did very well eating today and made a nice homemade turkey, veggie & rice soup ... yummy! Had fish, baked sweet potato fries, tomato, and coleslaw for dinner tonight. Doing better in this half of the week (since Tuesday).

Hope you all have a FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-13-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I usually have a bedtime snack (gummy bears) depending on what my blood sugar is. I am still working with my Diabetes team to try to adjust my insulin doses.
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #36  

Today's FBG = 99. Hmmm, a little higher than normal, but I'll take it. Yesterday warmed up to the mid 50's F. I walked to the rec center for my neighborhood organization meeting. I had planned on taking a nice evening stroll after the meeting, but we did not end until 9:20 PM. Needless to say, I just went home, ate a quick chicken dinner, and hit the sack.

Rosebud - Now that I think about it, the turkey meatballs most likely had some bread crumbs in them. I didn't pour any sauce on my wraps. Just melted some cheese on them and threw in a bunch of fresh veggies.

I'm going to kick myself out of the house today and make up for not taking my evening walk yesterday. When I get back, I've got to cut the grass and do some other chores.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #37  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
Synger, it is great that you are working so hard to get away from pre-diabetes, but there can be good things about some meds. Using metformin, for instance, has been shown to prevent or delay diabetes onset in pre-diabetics.
Definitely! Of all the meds they mentioned in class, Met is the one with the fewest drug interactions, and the one that messes with your weight and food the least. However, it has some nasty other side effects on some people, and I'm one of those people. I took Met for a couple of months for PCOS about 10 years ago. They were the most miserable months of my entire life! /shudder I hope I don't need to take it again... I just don't tolerate it well. I think I LIVED in the bathroom!

So far, lowering my carbs (and not to a draconian level) and exercising more regularly has lowered my BG numbers, too.

Since IR/D is rather a progressive disease, there may come a time when I'll need Met, or more. I'm not against it, if I need it. I just want to push that time off if I can.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #38  
Madeleine

Default the girls are happy

Yes, the new Bras fit nicely and feel great. I have been wearing one all day and so far very comfy.
Cassandra, why just gummy bears for a snack, what about a peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread? (or half of one, with some milk or soymilk?)
Something with protein fat and some carbs so it will burn slowly through the night and work well for you? can you fit something like that into your calorie allotment? That's what my neighbour is doing and he is doing quite well since then.
I am enjoying my stable sugars and weight loss, but struggling a bit with some constipation. And yes, the metformin is making me gassy, but no extra BMs as a side effect. (sorry TMI alert)

Lots of sun today, but wind too, which is making my allergies go a bit nuts.
A friend wants to go for mexican food tonight, so I have to figure how to do atkins there....hmmm
happy friday everyone
Old 05-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #39  

Good morning. FBG = 93. I didn't get to cut the grass yesterday because it started to rain after I got home from my walk. I have to get it done today before it grows too much. I met my fellow team members for the marathon relay I'm in tomorrow. They're all really nice ladies. My leg of the race is the end (anchor man). I'm really nervous and a bit scared. This is the first ever race for me and I don't want to let my team down. You'd think that being the only fatty on the team, I'd get the shortest distance to run, but nooooo. Instead, I get the most visible and important part. I'm the one with the timing chip. If I don't carry it across the finish line, my team's times/distances won't count. The race starts at 6 AM and I plan on being at my starting point at 9 AM. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #40  
Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabetic z View Post
Good morning. FBG = 93. I didn't get to cut the grass yesterday because it started to rain after I got home from my walk. I have to get it done today before it grows too much. I met my fellow team members for the marathon relay I'm in tomorrow. They're all really nice ladies. My leg of the race is the end (anchor man). I'm really nervous and a bit scared. This is the first ever race for me and I don't want to let my team down. You'd think that being the only fatty on the team, I'd get the shortest distance to run, but nooooo. Instead, I get the most visible and important part. I'm the one with the timing chip. If I don't carry it across the finish line, my team's times/distances won't count. The race starts at 6 AM and I plan on being at my starting point at 9 AM. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.
I am so impressed with your courage. Good for you, and of course good luck. You will be great Z.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #41  
Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Congratulations, Mad! That's terrific. I can't imagine a loose bra but I guess it will happen.

Rather stressed these days for many reasons, none of them under my control, but BGL has been stable and so has the weight. I'm still not eating enough veggies. I need a "mother" to insist I eat them.

Busy day ahead so I need to get breakfast into me and crank up my energy.
I recommend the Green Giant Essential. These little microwavable steam packs are convenient and come in perfect sized portions for one or two. Yes they are expensive, but so is throwing stuff out. I like the omega 3 and fibre types best.
try them
Old 05-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #42  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

for you, Mr. Z ~ no pressure, no pressure -- you can do it! You will make those ladies proud of you and I will send up some ^prayers^ for you ... Break a leg ... oh no, on second thought ... don't break a leg ... uhmmm ... ok, how 'bout just plain old ... GOOD LUCK!!!

We had lovely and nice temps in the 60-70's today; very nice. Just stayed home and did stuff around here. Hope you all have a great Sunday ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #43  

Well, the race didn't kill me but it left me with old man legs. My teammates and I went out to lunch after the race and now I'm gonna crash. Perhaps I will dream of happier times when my legs didn't feel so sore.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #44  
Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabetic z View Post
Well, the race didn't kill me but it left me with old man legs. My teammates and I went out to lunch after the race and now I'm gonna crash. Perhaps I will dream of happier times when my legs didn't feel so sore.
YOU DID IT!
that is great news. GOod for you. It will get easier over time as you keep getting into shape. hurray
Old 05-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #45  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the rationale for buying those steam packs, Mad. I have avoided them because of the price but will swallow my frugality (Is that a word?) and try them out. I've been doing a bit better lately with spinach and asparagus from my garden.

Good going, Mr Z. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Rosebud, I hope your great weather continues. It sure beats two weeks ago with snow and the frost last week.

I'm plugging along keeping BGL and weight steady. This body management job is tricky but I may be getting the hang of it. I've been planning better and starting evening meal prep in the morning which helps. My life is way too chaotic these days but I'm hanging in there.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote