Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 06:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default April Chat

Time for a new thread since it's a new month. Did I ever mention how much I love Spring?

This is going to be a good month for me with Easter, gardening and lots of fun stuff happening. I did succumb to some Cadbury mini-eggs the other day but am feeling so guilty that it won't happen again. My ticker seems to be stuck at 192 but this will be the month it moves! To help it along, I will replenish the freezer stash with my own "lean cuisine" meals and get back into a regular formal exercise routine.

New month! New resolve! Let's go!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI RUTH ~ ya, spring is a great time of year, but can you believe I had to swat a mosquito today? Gottem' too! Our day was more like summer than spring -- a hot one; in the middle to high 70's F this afternoon. In the evening a cool breeze came in and it was nicer to sit on the deck. It is still a bit hot in here now, so I may just have open a window for awhile ...

We went for a drive in the country to scout out some stones and pebbles for my planting pots which I want to start tomorrow. Spring and Easter and Gardening all go together well, I think ...

Have a wonderful weekend all ... Rosebud
Old 04-03-2010, 05:36 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Help! I was attacked by soft butter and hot cross buns. Please send water and vegetables immediately!
Old 04-03-2010, 11:53 PM   #4  
Rosebud

Ya, and I was attacked by a chocolate ice cream cone and ended up with the fox trots for the evening too. I hadn't had this in almost a year we think, so my body really over-reactedt to it. There is no doubt about it now -- I definitely am lactose intolerant for sure! I gotta watch that, but who's gonna remind me when I forget? DH says he's not sure he'll remember either ... oh dear!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:21 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Good morning and Happy Easter! I am delighted that the Bunny skipped right by my house last night. He must know about the hot cross buns.

Today is a day where I will need all my strength: hot cross buns and Easter egg hunt at Church and a big Easter dinner at my friends' house. I am arming myself for the fight with a good breakfast.

Hope your day is lovely.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #6  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default some tmi for april fools

Hello everyone. I have had a wonderful and busy Easter weekend.
FOr APril Fools day I got a period after 7 months without. I hope that means I am releasing stored hormones from my fat. It was light and not painful, but still a little surprising.
I did have some dark chocolate eggs, but otherwise did well. Had company and made good dinners that worked with my carb intake, avoided chips and popcorn snacks. I made yummy low carb desserts and ate well, so never felt deprived. We went for walks and played board games.
On Sunday it was harder, my sister came and with Dad we wrote thank you notes for those who came to Mum's funeral and made donations in her memory. IT was a sad job and I didn't like it much. I also took Dad to a nice local church service, and was fine until the announcements when they talked about the plans for Mother's day celebrations and I realized that this would be my first Mother's day without a mother. That hit hard.
I stayed steady with weight and sugars, hope like Ruth I can get the scale moving, I would really like to get to 173 this month and below 170 in May.
Planning to get the bikes out, but my allergies have hit today and reactine isn't helping much yet.
Have a good week everyone
Old 04-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #7  
Hard Working Chick

hey chicks. i miss chatting with you all so much but i've been really busy here lately. i'm doing pretty good still losing slowly, but steady which is good. i hope to find more time to get online in the near future. i hope you all had very good easters.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #8  
Hard Working Chick

Fatmad- I'm sorry for your loss. I know that feeling all too well. ((Big hugs)) I'm here if you need to talk.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #9  
Rosebud

RUTH ~ good for you; I did really well too. Didn't have any chocolate or easter eggs at all. After that bad reaction to the chocolate ice cream cone I had the other night, I didn't want to chance anything else. I even drank my tea with no milk so that my tummy could settle down. I can still eat cheese and yogurt though, in moderation, as they are already fermented.

I have been having nuts or cheese as my evening snacks most nights and that is really helping me a lot. I went to a bulk store and got UNsalted nuts which I count out into small containers. We had a lovely shoulder ham for Easter dinner; and for tonight too with veggies and salad as well. I didn't make any dessert, but I can have a yogurt or ns pudding if I want to later.

MADELEINE ~ you know what I do when it's my mom's birthday or Mother's Day or whatever holiday: I just yell up to the sky -- Happy Birthday Mom and so on. I think that someone will relay the message to her for me. I really believe she's up there doing some kind of good work as she always like to keep busy here; same for my Grams too! It's really hard the first year, but after that, it does get easier ...

HI TIMOBA ~ glad to see you pop in now and then; glad you are well and things are going OK too! Don't be a stranger now ...

Even though it is cooler here right now, we had nice sunshine on and off for the Day. I was very busy and cleaned out our back porch whilst DH was out this AM. Then I started in on what was left in the shed (only one corner) and found a box of my missing books, including my new "COMPLETE CANADIAN DIABETES COOKBOOK" that I couldn't find since we moved here.

I new I had both that one and the kid's one, as I had bought them both at the same time. I will go through it and try to post the best ones here for others too. Hope you all have a great week coming up as well ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-05-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #10  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone!

Happy April! I hope everyone had a great Easter! I'm pretty new to 3FC and just discovered the monthly chats!

Madeleine - I'm sorry to hear about you mom, that is so sad. I haven't lost a parent, they just live far away from me and my family, and it is hard for me to hear about mothers/fathers day, so I can't even imagine how you and your father felt. My thoughts and prayers are w/you.

Ruth - The Easter bunny cannot pass by my house, I have 4 little ones (ages 6 and under) however, I was able (so far) to resist the urge to bit any little chocolate bunny's head off, thank goodness. I am just starting on the weight loss journey so fighting urges is very hard for me! Sounds like you are doing fantastic though, keep up the good work and don't get discouraged, that scale will move again soon!!! I think that is a really sweet thing you do on holidays for your mom, I'm sure she gets the message and it was really kind of you to share that! It sounds like you are doing great too! Keep up the hard work!!

Timoba - Hi! It sounds like you are busy, busy, busy! I know how you feel. I have four kids, a full time job, and am a full time college student. I log in once a day, usually later in the evenings, but I hope you see you around when you have time! Good luck with all your goals.

EVERYONE: I hope everyone had a great Easter!! I'm looking forward to making some new friends as I reach my goals. If anyone has any questions for me, please feel free to ask! Have a great week! (I hear my DietToGo dinner calling my name)! Have a safe and happy week everyone!!!

Rosebud - Way to go! I had a hard time fighting the urge to eat any Easter candy either, so I know how hard that was! You did great!!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #11  
Madeleine

am never gonna lose more weight if I can't manage everyday urges. Ate too much yesterday. Did get to exercising, not even a walk. Today is another day.
Gonna do better. Also seeing my doc this am, gonna get on track with her, demanding metformin.
tell you about that this pm
Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! Weight is still up a bit but I did get back to the gym this morning and did a complete workout! I hate to admit it but it actually felt good. BGL was way too low again this morning but I got it back where it belongs before I set out to exercise.

Hope your Hump Day is humpless.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Hey guys~

On day two of my new plan from the dietician. I'm starving! I have plenty of carb allotment, I guess I just don't have the right foods or know what to make.. yet. I have sugarfree peanut butter but it's so high in calories and fat, that I don't know if I should be using that for my snack.

Supposed to start exercising but it's so hard to do it when you haven't in months and you're sedentary like I am.

It's dreary here today and I think some storms are moving in
Old 04-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #14  
Madeleine

hey heather good luck with the new woe. I see the dietitian on Friday, will see what she says.

Got the rx for metformin today, will just take one a day (500mg) to start.
Hope it helps with the weight loss. I haven't been doing as well with that as I would like so hope it doesn't make anything harder. Seems like it can go either way and peoples' experiences are different.

Doc was pleased with my progress, is emphasizing slow steady progress and agrees the metformin should help me increase some carbs without paying the price in sugar spikes. Is encouraging lower carbs but doesn't want me trapped in atkins induction for life. This is nice. Not having to argue about this is great.
I somehow doubt the dietitian will see it this way, but I'm not so worried about her.

I got out for 2 walks today too. PLanning for some good strenuous exercise tomorrow since Im covering someone else for her weekend off after she has done so much for me lately.

well, off to the showers.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #15  
Hard Working Chick

Rosebud- you mentioned nuts & I just had some cashews yesterday. I'm finding that I grab those much quicker for a sncak now days. I used to hate mothers day and it took me awhile to accept it. last year was the first time i was able to actually deal with it without sinking into deep depression.

Glenlorie- GL to you too.

Ruth- good for you getting back to the gym! Send some of that motivation my way?

Heather- today is our dreary day. It's been stoming since midnight and it expected to hang around all day. Not much I can do outdoors today.

Madeleine- Metformin made me lose. I hope it has the same affect for you.

Well ladies, my diabetes is doing good, but my bp was up quite a bit. My old dr, who left the practice without any notice, told me to slowly weane myself off of my meds taking 1/2 a pill a day until I was completely off. Well, I did that and for the past 2 days was so light headed and dizzy I didn't know what was happening. I went to pick up my kids from school and the secretary in the office kept asking me what was wrong and if i was ok. She told me sit down and brought me some water & peppermints. The whole thing was pretty scary but I'm feeling better now. I remember praying the whole way home that god would let me get my kids safely home. i see a new dr next month but for now, i am taking ALL of my meds !
Closed Thread