Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:51 AM   #1  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

While it isn't offically booked yet, I think I am going to go see the boy at the end of June/beginning of July for 2 weeks.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:51 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Well you now have something fun to look forward too

This is going to be a good month for me - I have a belly dance performance mid-April and then I am going to work at another Sci-fi convention!
Old 04-01-2005, 12:51 PM   #3  
Cute & Fluffy

Sounds like fun Mauvais! Where is the convention this time?
Old 04-01-2005, 01:19 PM   #4  

It's in Indiannapolis. I've been there a couple of times before. Nice place I am looking forward to seeing my friends that work the cons too. We work during the day and then hang out at night and have fun! Plus it is a break away from the usual routine of my daily life

Hey! I just noticed a spider in my office, he/she is beautiful. About the size of my thumbnail, soft brown colour with cream and black markings - what a cutie! What the heck is he/she doing on the 14th floor???

Well, I'm off to follow my spider to make sure he/she doesn't get squished.

Later....
Old 04-01-2005, 06:51 PM   #5  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Tiki-YUP! Can't believe how warm it has been around here lately!! (Also-Good to be back!!)

Squeak-Glad to hear you get to see the boy sometime soon!!

HI!! To everyone!!

The cast was removed today. I will get the stitches out in a week, and in the meantime I am wearing a miniature brace with a gel pad...it protects AND massages the incision...WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT?!?
Old 04-01-2005, 06:54 PM   #6  

Den - hope you have a speedy recovery
Old 04-02-2005, 08:17 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Mauvais, I appreciate it that you're not a spider killer.
I must tell you that the only thing I kill in my garden (well, as well as mosquitos and flies) is slugs, so if you're overly fond of them, and resent my killing them, I'll throw them over the fence.

Den, I'm glad the surgery went well, hon! I hope this means you will be emailing me soon?

Squeak, how exciting that you're getting away to see the boy!

I've been so busy lately... sorry I haven't been around.
The weather is looking up (apart from today... we're expecting snow, for cryin' out loud!), and I've started my seeds and am anxious to get working in the garden!
Old 04-02-2005, 02:21 PM   #8  

ellis - keep your slugs to yourself! And if I find some in my yard that are upside down and unconscious I will know who threw them there!

Today is a perfect rainy day! I used it as an excuse to sleep in, snuggle with my DH and have a late breakfast and now I am schlepping around the house in my pj's - I am just having a lazy day
Old 04-02-2005, 05:00 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Mauvais-Thanks! I am the bug rescuer here too. DH is afraid of stinging insects, so I always trap them and let them back outside. It is rainy here too, and I am STILL in my pjs!! Not really worth changing at this point!!!

Ellis-OOPS!!! HEY! Will you come and plant our garden? Last year we bought all the plants and then DH had back problems and couldn't plant 'em...and I was in England. They were dead by the time I got back!! (Leave the slugs at home though!!)
Old 04-02-2005, 06:32 PM   #10  

Ah, it's lovely, Mauvais. I'm still in my jammies. Just had a two hour nap, and it's still raining. I'm just about ready to acknowledge the day, and put some coffee on.

Den, I would LOVE to plant your garden. Please move your house 500 miles or so closer to mine.
I sort of feel like going out and sweeping the sidewalk, but people might think I'm a witch in my long black gown in the rain. hee hee.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:08 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Den - Interesting story about dead plants: when my dad had his brain anyerism, he had just ordered a ton of plants. The Cute Boyfriend and I were at the hospital when they were delivered, so they sat for like a week in the hot sun. When we found them, we planted like mad trying to save them. We must have worked all day for like three days straight. Anyway, most of them died - I told my dad's girlfriend that we tried to save them but couldn't. She called the company and explained the delay in planting them and they said they guarenteed their plants to survive one month after delivery (whether you killed them or not!). So, they sent a whole new batch... which made me wonder why I killed myself planting them in the first place.

Ellis - Are slugs the same as snails? we have these HUGE beautiful snails in SoCal that come out when it rains. I'm always running down the sidewalk trying to save them from being stepped on. But then the Cute Boyfriend's mother chastised me for saving them because they kill the plants. Too bad! They're cute!

I just discovered geocaching (www.geocaching.com). Can I say, this is the best thing to get the Cute Boyfriend off his duff and out exercising? It combines all his geekiness and gadget love with hiking and exercise! We hiked all over our Little Italy yesterday for hours in the warm sun, even up hill and he didn't complain once! This is the man who complains when I don't circle for a close spot at the grocery store! I think we found a new hobby. yay!
Old 04-03-2005, 07:40 PM   #12  

Oh, geocaching is COOL, Jessica! I discovered it awhile ago, and I've been meaning to get one of those little do-dads.

Slugs don't have shells. They're sort of pale white with antenna. Yes, they eat my plants, damned things.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:31 PM   #13  
Cute & Fluffy

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Sunday. However Ellis & Mauvais, I am with Den - you can keep your slugs.
Jessica - very cool story about the plants.

It snowed here - the very heavy wet snow. There is a winter storm warning for today. Tomorrow afternoon - there is a flood warning. It is suppose to be in the upper 50s by mid week. My mom's power went out, so we had dinner here at my house. Mom, sis#2 and munchkin. We also played a few games. All around good day.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #14  

Squeak, be careful if you drive, hon!
Going to see my psychi...
Old 04-04-2005, 09:06 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

I am anti-spider, anti-cricket, anti-centipede, pro-ladybug, neutral on slugs. I also don't mind ants as long as they are not in my house.

I had a three day weekend and it was wonderful. Took the crew to a hands on museum on Friday, then walked around UofM, hit the mall, got home around 12:30 AM but still rode my exercise bike for 30 minutes.

Saturday I bought a LOVELY comforter set - beige, peach and teal. I got home, flipped my mattress and my down mattress pad and put all the new stuff on my bed. Best sleep I have had in a while.

Sunday visited a new church, tried a new hairstyle on my daughter, celebrated my sons 13th birthday and was in bed by 11:15.

All in all, wonderful relaxing weekend.

Oh yeah, I am going to New Orleans in July. Can't WAIT!!!

Tiki.

Last edited by tikanique; 04-04-2005 at 09:12 AM.
Closed Thread