Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #106  

Morning everyone.. its cold and snowy here this am..cant find my meter so dont know my sl ..im still on minnesota time so my sleeping patterns are all turned around..am feeling some better..i guess i just need time..we have to go back to anchorage on sat to pick up my moms dog.. she loved him alot and we couldn't give him away so hes going to be an alaskan dog..it was to cold for him to fly when we came on sunday..His names Willie and hes a 6 yr old white schnauser.. and very much a dandy gentleman..im happy to have him..hope my other dogs feel the same ive kinda at loose ends but hope to get back to my normal routines soon..thanks for the support (((hugs))) rosey
Old 02-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #107  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm Baaaaack . . . actually I didn't go anywhere but my computer did. He decided on Friday that he needed a little R & R and nothing I tried would convince him otherwise so on Saturday bright and early I took him to his favourite spa. When I've had to do this in the past, he's usually ready to come home late that same afternoon; but not this time. Joe (my very favourite computer geek) decided to take the weekend off and so I was told I'd have to wait until Monday to get my dear old guy back. Then, our weather decided to turn terrible and Joe didn't even come to work on Monday. So . . . here it is Tuesday late afternoon and I just got my baby back home again. The bad news is that even Joe isn't sure what went wrong and has informed me that there may have to be a newer model in my fairly near future.

So sorry to hear about your Mother, ROSEY . . . but take solace in the fact that you were there at the end and she has now gone to a better place and definitely knows that you were with her when she left on her new adventure. . . . I'm also sure that having Willie will be a great comfort for you. Just give them all a little time and I'm sure all three dogs will be fine together.

My BGL has been somewhat erratic over the past few days, but actually not too bad. My eating has been a little erratic, too -- but definitely better than it was in the latter half of January. To top things off, my left eye decided to act up starting on Saturday -- really weird and blurry, off and on. guess I'd better make an appoitnment with my GP so I can get an appointment for a check-up with the Opthamologist that did my cataract surgery last September -- it's almost like the artifical lens that was implanted in the left eye has shifted or something . . . although I really doubt that is a possibility? But, it is driving me nutz. So I'd better find out for sure.

As mentioned above, yesterday (and Sunday, too) our weather was terrible. today is very cold but the sun has been shining nicely -- however, another major, major storm is predicted for tomorrow -- will this Winter never end???

Well . . . got a lot of other places around here to catch up with, gang. Big for everybody and, hopefully (eye- and 'puter- willing) I'll see you all again really soon.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #108  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Computer seems to be working just fine -- eye is still 'funny', though. BGL is 6.4 (115) this morning.

Nothing else is new around here -- how about for you?
Old 02-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #109  
creations

Got another 3.5 inches of snow last night. Will be glad when this is over for the year. Just can't get interested in anything. I start something after about 30 minutes or so forget. Don't know if its depression or what.

Judy
Old 02-13-2008, 12:58 PM   #110  

Morning everyone..cold and snowy here this am..still cant find my meter but i feel ok so sl should be fine..i slept pretty well last night and my colds better..Willie is being shipped saturday,my dd will pick him up and bring him to us next week..poor dog is probably really confused..we ran errands and paid bills yesterday and went to the grocery store..am finding my normal routines very soothing..Judy u sound like me this time of year..im always in a funk and dreaming of flowers on my deck..i think alot of folks feel like that this time of year..just remember spring will come meowee am glad your "puter" still working..hello and hugs to all who are mia..rosey
Old 02-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #111  

Cool

Hi, all. Our weather has warmed up a little. It's about 60 degrees. Hope it stays this way and doesn't get warmer. Oops - just remembered I didn't take my bgl this a.m.! It's been high lately. Probably because I've been eating so bad. Can't seem to get it together. Doesn't help that I have little to do at work and have time to obsess about things I'd rather not think about.
Meowee - good to see you back. Sounds like it may be time to replace your computer. As for your eye problem, it could be a cataract on the lens that holds the implant. I had one and the doctor zapped a hole in it with a laser. Whatever it is, I hope it's an easy fix.
Rosey - glad you're getting back into your routine. If you don't find your meter, check out manufacturer's websites, especially Lifescan. They've sent me a freebie and when my battery wore out I called them and they just replaced the meter at no charge.
Judy - gray weather can get you down. Why don't you send for some seed catalogs and start thinking about spring. Maybe that will cheer you up a little.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #112  
Onward and Downward

Thanks for that little thought ROSETTA . . . I hope it's something that simple. OMG -- right about now I'd be so delighted with 60 degrees -- heck I'd settle for 6C (about 43 F).

Talk to your pharmacist ROSEY . . . around here somebody is always offering a free meter just to get you to switch to their test strips (which is where they make their money, obviously).
Old 02-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #113  

Hi everyone.. Happy Valentines Day now dont over do the chocolate..my dh brought me flowers and sent me to play Bingo last night..tonight hes getting his favorite meal spahetti and meatballs salad and garlic bread.. it warmed up alot here.. and it feels good to get back to my normal routine..have agreat day everyone ((hugs))) rosey
Old 02-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #114  

Cool

Happy Valentine's chickies. Go easy on the chocolates.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #115  
Onward and Downward

Happy Valentine's Day Everybody . . .

Woke up and discovered that the temperature was sitting at +8c (46-47F) and the warm rain all night had washed away most of the snow again. BUT . . . by early afternoon the temp had fallen to -2C (28-29F) and all the puddles are now little skating rinks. Strange, strange weather.

Instead of our usual mall-crawl after lunch, we did a before lunch version in the hopes of making it home before everything iced over and I'm afraid I 'celebrated' (I don't really know what - maybe the fact that my ticker-weight was accurate this morning ) with a bag of lovely chocolate-peanutbutter bites. Why oh why do I keep doing these things to myself.

Oh well . . . tomorrow is another day . . . thank goodness . . . see you soon, gang.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #116  

Morning everyone.. its cold and very windy here..snw is swirling all over the yard and driffting against the house... brrrr a good day to stay home.. hope u all made it thru valentines day without od'ing on chocolate..i had a small handful of peanut m&m's..i found my meter in the bottom of my carry on so my sl was 99 this morning..nothing planned for the day altho i will be babysitting to night for my grdd.. hopr u all have agreat weekend (((hugs))) rosey
Old 02-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #117  

Cool

Hi all. The weather here is clear and cool -- in the high 50s. Supposed to be warmer this weekend. Hope it doesn't trigger that corporate air conditioner because it's a 3-day weekend and the tax office is open 7 days a week right now. Nothing planned except tomorrow I have to go for my annual screening mammogram - ick! Somebody gave me a chocoloate bar yesterday but haven't eaten it yet. Had chocolate mousse for dessert instead. I'm so bad.
Rosie - glad you found your meter. What great bgl! Have a good weekend. Hope the arrival of the new dog is stress-free.
Meowee - Your weather is strange. I hate ice. Hope it clears up. Don't beat yourself up about the candy. Just get back on the horse.
Happy weekend.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #118  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Today, old Ma Nature is trying to replace some of the snow she melted yesterday. Guess the ice needed polishing. Tomorrow, we are supposed to actually see a little sunshine but it will be bitterly cold to go along with it.

So glad you found you metre, ROSEY. And so glad you got such a good reading, too.

My BGL hasn't been too bad -- guess there is so much fat in chocolate and peanut butter that the impact of the sugar on BGL is tempered a bit. Hey, you gotta laugh at yourself sometimes. Anyway, I was at 6.7 (121) first thing this morning and at 5.1 (92) just a little while ago. Haven't done a great job eating today -- too much cheese (another one of my weaknesses), but definitely a lot better than yesterday.

Hope that a/c stays quiet for you ROSETTA. Hope the mammo goes well -- horrible way to ruin a weekend in my estimation.

See you later, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking just as much as you can.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #119  

Hi everyone..here it is the day almost over and i have not accomplised a thing.. my grrdd is here now and we are going to play the evening away.. rosetta..sry you are having a mamogram they hurt; i call it the "pressed breast test" hope yours turns out ok hello and ((hugs)) to all rosey
Old 02-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #120  
Onward and Downward

Playing with the grandkids IS an accomplishment, ROSEY.
Closed Thread